PDA

View Full Version : Bullgator, Igenf, Gator fans and Tebow supporters alike...

I Eat Staples
11-17-2011, 11:44 PM
I'm on board with you. Tim Tebow has made me a believer. He's not a good passer yet, but this kid is special. He can manage the game until it's on the line, and then win the mother ******. Am I 100% convinced he's our franchise QB? No. But I'll be damned if I'm not on his side from this day forward.

We just witnessed something special. I wasn't sold when he brought us back against Houston. I wasn't impressed when he pulled it out of his ass against Miami. I was skeptical about our win against Oakland. KC just sucks balls. But a 95 yard drive against the New York Jets, that is ******* special. What will we see from this point forward? Who knows. But this was a special game, and my stance has changed. I'm a Tebow supporter.

DenBronx
11-17-2011, 11:47 PM
Consider my mind blown....

I still can't believe what I witnessed.

I mean you can't even explain it.

MOtorboat
11-17-2011, 11:48 PM
**** it.

I'm on board.

Northman
11-17-2011, 11:49 PM
**** it.

I'm on board.

:lol:

I Eat Staples
11-18-2011, 12:11 AM
Lol Tebow was being goaded so hard into saying he wants to be a pocket passer. He was asked "don't you watch Brady and Manning and want to be like that? At Florida didn't you try to emulate that and say that's what I want to be?"

His answer: I just want to win football games.

That's really what it's all about people.

broncobryce
11-18-2011, 12:11 AM
Told you so.

chazoe60
11-18-2011, 12:12 AM
He's touched by a higher power, I tell ya.

I Eat Staples
11-18-2011, 12:13 AM
Told you so.

By all means, tell me more things that will help the Broncos. :D

I'm completely happy with a nice healthy serving of crow if it's in celebration of a win.

weazel
11-18-2011, 12:14 AM
It is fun to see us win games in this fashion. He cant be a franchise QB this way because his body will break down like a RB's does, but it is fun to watch! He will have a short shelf if he continues but man Im just glad we'er winning!!

Mike
11-18-2011, 12:15 AM
Chugga, chugga, chugga, chugga, chugga

Choo Choo.

Bullgator
11-18-2011, 12:15 AM
Thanks man. Now that Tim is starting to speak for himself i can back off some... I will throw content on for the sake of debate.

This thread shows your class man. Grats.

Go Broncos.

chazoe60
11-18-2011, 12:16 AM
He may be a blip on the radar of history, who knows for sure?

But I'll be dammed if this kid aint the most unbelievable blip in history.

If we can get him to complete 55 % we'll he the best team ever. Dude is absolutely amazing in every way.

Dreadnought
11-18-2011, 12:17 AM
I'm on board with you. Tim Tebow has made me a believer. He's not a good passer yet, but this kid is special. He can manage the game until it's on the line, and then win the mother ******. Am I 100% convinced he's our franchise QB? No. But I'll be damned if I'm not on his side from this day forward.

We just witnessed something special. I wasn't sold when he brought us back against Houston. I wasn't impressed when he pulled it out of his ass against Miami. I was skeptical about our win against Oakland. KC just sucks balls. But a 95 yard drive against the New York Jets, that is ******* special. What will we see from this point forward? Who knows. But this was a special game, and my stance has changed. I'm a Tebow supporter.

I would salute this post more if I could. This team has LIFE in it again!!!

Fox? Tebow? Von? McCoy? The O-Line? Andre Goodman? Yes, all of the above. Great Team win, and this kind of stuff feeds on itself

wayninja
11-18-2011, 12:17 AM
**** it.

I'm on board.

This is sick high praise. Enough said.

I Eat Staples
11-18-2011, 12:19 AM
Thanks man. Now that Tim is starting to speak for himself i can back off some... I will throw content on for the sake of debate.

Go Broncos.

You said before the game that my opinion might change tonight. You were right. You might have been off on your stats predictions, but I don't give two ****s about stats.

You guys kept saying Tebow has "it." I scoffed at this notion. Well you know what? I just watched 95 yards of "it," and I'm in the mood for a whole lot more.

DenBronx
11-18-2011, 12:19 AM
TT knows how to read defenses.

Very smart for such a young QB.

wayninja
11-18-2011, 12:20 AM

Go Broncos.

Hey, we won and no one can take that away from us. Tebow was instrumental, no doubt.

But please lets not get too bogged down with Tebow. Our defense over the last few games has been playing on another level entirely. I have no idea if Tebow is a 'General' type QB or not or how to attribute that level of effort. But I'll be damned if all cylinders aren't firing now and I don't care how it's happening.

Go Tebow. Go Miller. Go Broncos. :salute:

lgenf
Welcome aboard!!!!!!

Medford Bronco
I loved his guts. I just wished we ran the scrambling offense more during the game and less quick hit runs up the middle that dont work.

Heart determination and balls. Tebow did a great job tonight....:salute:

BroncoJoe
11-18-2011, 12:23 AM
Fans screaming, dancing in their seats and having a ball.

Reminds me of a time not so long ago where we knew never to give up and always think "we still have a chance".

Mobile Post via http://Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

I Eat Staples
11-18-2011, 12:25 AM
The
Earth's
Best
Offensive
Weapon

Lancane
11-18-2011, 12:26 AM
He might not be the passer I'd like to see behind center, but damn that kid has something electrifying about him. I'm hoarse from that last drive, the kid is the definition of clutch IMHO.

Not sure I'm on board completely, but I admit...I'd like to see what he could do with better positional coaching, a better offensive coordinator and a true number one wide receiver who can make plays on the ball.

I'm still stunned, and funny thing is that it's infectious, his charisma and drive. I've never seen a team buy into something so unmainstream and with such zeal.

lgenf
11-18-2011, 12:26 AM
The
Earth's
Best
Offensive
Weapon

Me likey

camdisco24
11-18-2011, 12:27 AM
All aboard!!!

Davii
11-18-2011, 12:34 AM
Folks... Wow.... I've been in his corner already, so I don't think I count as a convert...

BUT we may have just witnessed the REAL beginning of another Bronco legend. That was every bit as exciting and impressive as ANY of Elway's comebacks.

Seriously.

I have gone from being a Tebow backer to believer. This kid is our QB, now and the future. His passing, while still not great, was better. His completion % would've been higher if the catchable (even if off) balls were caught. The throws are getting closer. He will get better, I no longer have a doubt about that.

A full offseason of work, better qb coach, and Tim will break out next year.

Call me a Teboi, Tebowner, whatever. I'm sold.

I Eat Staples
11-18-2011, 12:37 AM
Right now my Teboner is harder than Miller's hit on Sanchez.

Lancane
11-18-2011, 12:38 AM
Folks... Wow.... I've been in his corner already, so I don't think I count as a convert...

BUT we may have just witnessed the REAL beginning of another Bronco legend. That was every bit as exciting and impressive as ANY of Elway's comebacks.

Seriously.

I have gone from being a Tebow backer to believer. This kid is our QB, now and the future. His passing, while still not great, was better. His completion % would've been higher if the catchable (even if off) balls were caught. The throws are getting closer. He will get better, I no longer have a doubt about that.

I still hope they fire McCoy's ass, sorry but the man is the epitome of inept. If Tebow's going to improve he needs better coaching, a true number one receiver and a tailback of serious caliber wouldn't hurt either.

Dreadnought
11-18-2011, 12:41 AM

Seriously.

One thing I noted on his missed passes - they were all in a place where there was no risk of an INT. That is a very good trait

hotcarl
11-18-2011, 12:41 AM
I like his fantasy value in a 16 man keeper league if you start 3 qbs and a flex qb look for him to develop as a pocket pleaser

I Eat Staples
11-18-2011, 12:43 AM
One thing I noted on his missed passes - they were all in a place where there was no risk of an INT. That is a very good trait

He's basically been a game manager that becomes unstoppable at the end of the game. If we can continue to build a dominant defense and Tebow doesn't turn the ball over, we'll be in the game at the end. And that's where Tebow comes through.

Thestrategist1
11-18-2011, 12:46 AM

Seriously.

I was like you, from backing him to I want to see him for years to come!!!

I think Fox and Elway are now fully on board!!! Wwwwwaaaaahhhhhhooooo
feels good to be winning again

pikkiwoki
11-18-2011, 12:53 AM
He's not a good passer yet

He has shown flashes as a passer this year, but they've been too few and far between. He showed more promise as a passer last season than he has this season. Not sure what happened between last season and this one...

HORSEPOWER 56
11-18-2011, 12:54 AM
He might not be the passer I'd like to see behind center, but damn that kid has something electrifying about him. I'm hoarse from that last drive, the kid is the definition of clutch IMHO.

Not sure I'm on board completely, but I admit...I'd like to see what he could do with better positional coaching, a better offensive coordinator and a true number one wide receiver who can make plays on the ball.

I'm still stunned, and funny thing is that it's infectious, his charisma and drive. I've never seen a team buy into something so unmainstream and with such zeal.

I kinda see this team as a "Rudy". Too young at some positions, too old at others, don't have a great passer at QB, don't have a lot of big-name, big-money weapons. What they do have is HEART and it's manifesting itself in wins. Nobody wants to believe we can win with Tebow (outside of Bronco/Gator nation). Nobody respects our defense. Nobody thinks we have a shot. Every week we punch somebody else in the mouth.

This week, it was the New York Jets. The New York Jets. The guys who are bullies and often spoken of like the Steelers and Ravens who are seen as tough, physical, grind it out teams. We manned up against them and played our game. When it mattered most, the defense made several crucial stops and the offense did what it needed to score enough points to win.

I couldn't be more proud of how this underdog, talent-deficient, group of guys that few other teams would want have completely played their tails off. I don't think I've had this much fun cheering for our team since Elway retired. Next team to get punched in the mouth? San Diego. Bring 'em on. I hope they practice extra hard, say their prayers, and eating their vegetables next week, because we aren't going to roll over for anyone. :salute:

dunk7
11-18-2011, 12:55 AM
Wow...I guess I'm now in the minority in thinking this guy is a terrible QB. I thought he put out another below average game with a good running drive at the end. His passing is atrocious. The pass to Rosario looked like an end over end punt. I'm glad we are winning but I'm praying will still draft a good QB.

atwater27
11-18-2011, 12:56 AM

Co-signed. I have doubted Tebow since he was drafted. I won't doubt him again. God bless him and God bless the Denver Broncos.
http://www.dantynan.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/1240605367-eating-crow.jpg

dunk7
11-18-2011, 12:57 AM

I wouldn't bet on that.

chazoe60
11-18-2011, 12:57 AM
Wow...I guess I'm now in the minority in thinking this guy is a terrible QB. I thought he put out another below average game with a good running drive at the end. His passing is atrocious. The pass to Rosario looked like an end over end punt. I'm glad we are winning but I'm praying will still draft a good QB.

You're right, winning sucks.

Davii
11-18-2011, 12:58 AM
Right now my Teboner is harder than Miller's hit on Sanchez.

That's awful hard. I'm pretty certain I heard his kidneys scream.

vhatever
11-18-2011, 01:01 AM
I was like you, from backing him to I want to see him for years to come!!!

Haha.

what does a clenched jaw tell you immediately after a 20 yard touchdown run capping a 80+ yard drive.

Simple Jaded
I honestly have no idea what game you've all been watching, but it's amusing to witness all the credit given to an absolutely horrible passer that had one good drive.

He wasn't even a good QB on the game winning drive, even at his best he's just painful to watch.......

I Eat Staples

I still don't think he's a good passer, but he's worth the investment in developing him. As I said, I'm not certain he'll be our franchise QB. But I've seen enough to warrant allocating time and resources to improving his passing. If he can become a decent passer, he'll be unstoppable.

This kid is special, and he gives us an opportunity that's too good to pass up. You can't give up on this guy until the very end. Do what it takes to develop him, a player like Tebow is too rare and special to pass up.

I Eat Staples
11-18-2011, 01:03 AM
I honestly have no idea what game you've all been watching, but it's amusing to witness all the credit given to an absolutely horrible passer that had one good drive.

He wasn't even a good QB on the game winning drive, even at his best he's just painful to watch.......

Painful to watch? Yeah, those 3rd down conversions were painful. Especially that TD run. But what hurt most was the fact that we started from our own 5. How can we possibly cope?

BroncoWave
11-18-2011, 01:05 AM
Staples I never thought I would see the day when you defended Tebow. Welcome to the other side! :D

I Eat Staples
11-18-2011, 01:06 AM
Staples I never thought I would see the day when you defended Tebow. Welcome to the other side! :D

Me either, it feels weird but I'll get used to it. :laugh:

dunk7
11-18-2011, 01:17 AM
I still don't think he's a good passer, but he's worth the investment in developing him. As I said, I'm not certain he'll be our franchise QB. But I've seen enough to warrant allocating time and resources to improving his passing. If he can become a decent passer, he'll be unstoppable.

This kid is special, and he gives us an opportunity that's too good to pass up. You can't give up on this guy until the very end. Do what it takes to develop him, a player like Tebow is too rare and special to pass up.

Well said...I'm going to reserve judgement until after the SD, CHI and NE games. I'll also agree that if he even became an average passer, he will have a productive future in this league.

Simple Jaded
11-18-2011, 01:32 AM
Painful to watch? Yeah, those 3rd down conversions were painful. Especially that TD run. But what hurt most was the fact that we started from our own 5. How can we possibly cope?

I'm talking about him as a QB, not a RB, and yes he is absolutely painful to watch. But l guess for a RB he's not that bad of a passer.......

Joel
11-18-2011, 01:33 AM
Lol Tebow was being goaded so hard into saying he wants to be a pocket passer. He was asked "don't you watch Brady and Manning and want to be like that? At Florida didn't you try to emulate that and say that's what I want to be?"

His answer: I just want to win football games.

That's really what it's all about people.
To win consistently as a professional rather than amateur player he must become at least an adequate pocket passer. The beauty of what's happening now (apart from the fact it's a testament to his sheer talent, intelligence and diligence) is that he's buying himself the time to develop the skills everything about him indicates he can LEARN. A smart kid can be taught how to read defences and find check down men; the brainiest runt in the world cannot "learn" to throw 70 yards into a window literally the size of a window (or less) or run 20 yards with Ray Lewis chasing him like he just caught him in bed with his wife.

To be more than the next Vince Young, Tebow must complete passes DESPITE staying in the pocket (one bizarre thing about rushing QBs is that they invert the typical "great in the pocket, horrid on the run" passing paradigm, probably because they spend so little time in the pocket they truly AREN'T comfortable there.) Much as I despise Michael Vick, he gets and keeps starting jobs because the plays he makes with his arm are as consistently good as those he makes with his feet; the same was true of Donovan McNabb in his prime (who, incidentally, seems orders of magnitude better than Vick as a PERSON, but I am neither mans judge.) By winning games now, even if it's mostly with his feet or on bootlegs, and getting in some really pretty throws amid mostly decent if often incomplete ones, Tebow is maintaining the faith of everyone in Dove Valley from Bowlen down to McCoy that he can and will--eventually--be our franchise QB, and that we won't take humiliating beating after beating until/unless that happens or we dump him, whether it takes six months or six years.

Tebow is not demonstrating himself our current franchise QB, but guess what: We don't have one. What he IS demonstrating is that he has as good a chance as any and better chance than most of next years rookie QBs to BECOME our next franchise QB. Think about it: I know next years QB class is supposed to be very deep, but the one bad thing about being 5-5 is that we can pretty much give up on picking in the top five, and probably the top ten. We're likely headed for 7-9±1 win; which QB available at that pick would you like to replace a guy who's 4-1 as a starter with 7 passing (and 4 rushing) TDs and only 1 Int? As uncertain as extrapolation is, ask yourself which of next years rookie QBs available to a .500 team is likely to do better than 20 TDs and 3 Ints over a season, have more native ability and develop into a pro pocket sooner, bearing in mind that next season will be Tebows third and the rookies first in the pros.

If the answer is "no one" then our optimal course is to keep Tebow as our starter, staple him to Elways hip, and slowly but surely mold him into an elite passer who just happens to be able to roll out and run OR pass for a 20 yard TD, and hit the bomb from ANYWHERE. Meanwhile, we use our first round pick finding someone to take over from our 30+ year old starting CBs and SS, a back who doesn't disintegrate the moment he sees a DT, or a quality receiver we don't run out of town the first time he makes the Pro Bowl. Strange as it seems, those look like the odds on choices unless we have a MUCH better pick than I expect or a much greater need that I'm not seeing, because .500 teams should draft for need rather than the best of whatever talent remains after a dozen other teams take first pick. I'm a lot more enthusiastic about the rest of the team than I was at the start of the season, mainly because guys like Ayers, Mays and Bunkley have really answered the call, while Beadles and Walton are beginning to look like at least adequate guards (I'd still rather have Chris Myers back, but we'd have to take him away from the Texans, and I'd be as conflicted about that as I was about them getting him.)

Right now my issues are with McCoy for not CALLING more passes, and some of our receivers for dropping too many of those he did call, not Tebow for badly missing them. I can count the truly bad Tebow passes tonight on the fingers of one hand, with fingers to spare, and while that doesn't mean as much as if he'd thrown 40 times, it's still pretty good for 20 passes. Unfortunately, it doesn't matter how prettily Tebow throws if his coaches don't let him do it and his receivers knock the ball into the turf on the few occasions they do. If a guy like Dez Bryant is available at our pick next year I'd probably snap him right up and put a four year contract under his (agents) nose. What I wouldn't do is draft a mediocre QB in the unrealistic hope that in two years he'll be beyond where Tebow is NOW. Right now it seems like developing the guy we have under center is much more likely to pay bigger dividends sooner than developing TBA next year. And the reason I feel that way is because we're a .500 team in no small part thanks to Tebow doing what Orton (and a lot of other QBs) can't even do in their dreams. I imagine John Elway and Pat Bowlen are having very similar thoughts, and more of them every week.

lgenf
11-18-2011, 07:27 AM
Ok folks by no means do I think Tebow had a great game, but come on already, no poopoo on the game from last night

1 thing I am noticing n Tebows throws

He is still having some dropped, some that are hitting guys right in the hands

Some of them are hitting receivers in the hands, only after a Herculean effort. Y the WR to get to the ball - so if they catch it, it's all on the WR as a spectacular catch

But some of these misses by Tebow seem to be balls thrown into spaces that are low and away (to steal a baseball term) and I can't help but wonder if that is Tim throwing to a spot that only his guy has a chance at it, that he is being SO cautious to not turn it over on an int that he's actually throwing it to a spot where it takes the receiver an insane amount of effort, skill and luck to get it

And still others have been off the mark, that you don't know if it's miscommunication between Tim and WR or just Tim being off.

I watched this kid at Florida for 4 years and for three of them he put the ball where it needed to be and his receivers had to trouble catching it, just pondering out loud today after a great WIN!

John Bad Elk
11-18-2011, 08:35 AM
Tebow is a winner, he instills confidence in his team and the Team is doing Great! GO Broncos!!!!!

claymore
11-18-2011, 08:44 AM
I love the dude, and our team is better with him (obviously). He is infectious and elevates the talent around him. But, he has to throw the ball better. This shit wont last that long if he doesnt.

JaxBroncoGirl
11-18-2011, 09:21 AM
I am just glad denver shut up that Revis fellow on the Jets. Go Broncos!

BigDaddyBronco
11-18-2011, 09:28 AM
I have liked Tebow since his time as a Freshman at Florida. The kid just has it. He has a lot to work on and ultimately might not be the QB of the future for the Broncos. I really hope his development as a passer continues this off season and that he makes great strides so we can have an offense that keeps defenses guessing.

He is fun as hell to watch and root for.

Dreadnought
11-18-2011, 09:29 AM
I am just glad denver shut up that Revis fellow on the Jets. Go Broncos!

I enjoyed watching TT run Revis over on that 9 yard scramble in the 4th. I bet that woke him up some!
:D

Rick
11-18-2011, 09:36 AM
I enjoyed watching TT run Revis over on that 9 yard scramble in the 4th. I bet that woke him up some!

Think Revis was still bored?

TXBRONC
11-18-2011, 09:36 AM
I have liked Tebow since his time as a Freshman at Florida. The kid just has it. He has a lot to work on and ultimately might not be the QB of the future for the Broncos. I really hope his development as a passer continues this off season and that he makes great strides so we can have an offense that keeps defenses guessing.

He is fun as hell to watch and root for.

I agree. We're going to have to live with his erratic throwing for the rest of the season. If he's going to improve it will have to come in the off season.

claymore
11-18-2011, 09:40 AM
I agree. We're going to have to live with his erratic throwing for the rest of the season. If he's going to improve it will have to come in the off season.

I think he is the Gorilla glue this team needed though. They seem to be playing for each other now.

The team and fans have been on a different page for a long time IMO, I think Tebow can bring us all back together...

Gosh dang I hope he can improve his throws.

LTC Pain
11-18-2011, 09:53 AM

On that play Revis didn't look like he was totally committed to getting in TT's way. I'd even go so far as to say he bailed out on the contact. Revis doesn't have shit to say.

BroncoNut
11-18-2011, 10:06 AM
I just hope that Tim continues to pray

SR
11-18-2011, 10:10 AM
I'm not on board. Glad we won and I enjoy watching Tebow and his late game heroics but I want an actual quarterback

BroncoNut
11-18-2011, 10:17 AM
I'm not on board. Glad we won and I enjoy watching Tebow and his late game heroics but I want an actual quarterback

this is interesting SR. Sounds like you are ready to write him off. I believe he brings alot as a leader. I'm still in the wait and see mode. I think we need to see a bit more.

Davii
11-18-2011, 10:22 AM
Do you guys think Revis was bored when Tim ran him over?

JaxBroncoGirl
11-18-2011, 11:41 AM
Do you guys think Revis was bored when Tim ran him over?

I really wished I could have seen that play. I was unable to watch the game last night, going to sleep when it was 9 to 3.

Has Revis had anything to say since the game? You know we Broncos wouldn't want him bored for too long.................:laugh:

catfish
11-18-2011, 11:49 AM
I really wished I could have seen that play. I was unable to watch the game last night, going to sleep when it was 9 to 3.

Has Revis had anything to say since the game? You know we Broncos wouldn't want him bored for too long.................:laugh:

more resigned defeat than anything nice..I don't have a link but they did interview him

JaxBroncoGirl
11-18-2011, 11:51 AM

What? Are you being for real? You mean we are buds now? Seriously, I hope Tebow gives the Broncos that much needed "it" factor and the Broncos surprise everyone. Very proud of the whole team and have my fingers crossed that this team pulls out a good season. We have some very special players and conservative coaching (what we needed after McDummy), I hope to see special things with this team.

Go Broncos!!!

catfish
11-18-2011, 11:55 AM
Cowherd just spent a large portion of his show ripping Tebow and the Denver O. ::sigh:: nothing ever changes

jhildebrand
11-18-2011, 11:56 AM
Sweet, sweet redemption :D

jhildebrand
11-18-2011, 12:10 PM
I love the dude, and our team is better with him (obviously). He is infectious and elevates the talent around him. But, he has to throw the ball better. This shit wont last that long if he doesnt.

Let's see what a full off season with him as the unquestioned starter can do. I think with all the support he will grow exponentially!

Thestrategist1
11-18-2011, 12:20 PM
Its time for everyone to get onboard, If you havent yet, you are in denial. I want to see this kid from the gates to the finish, with a full offseason and good coaching, this kid has proven he can be great. I am starting to believe what he told McDaniels when he was drafted and McDaniels is laughing at everyone right now saying I could do so much more with this kid then McCoy!!!! I need to see NO more, I want him to start for years to come!!!Go Broncos Go Tebow.

catfish
11-18-2011, 12:21 PM
Let's see what a full off season with him as the unquestioned starter can do. I think with all the support he will grow exponentially!

I hope he does...if he can get to 60% and this D keeps playing like they have denver is going to be damn hard to beat

jhildebrand
11-18-2011, 12:41 PM
I hope he does...if he can get to 60% and this D keeps playing like they have denver is going to be damn hard to beat

60% will be lofty. If they can get him to 55-57% next year that would be huge. By year 3 he will need to be at least 60%

wayninja
11-18-2011, 12:55 PM
60% will be lofty. If they can get him to 55-57% next year that would be huge. By year 3 he will need to be at least 60%

I disagree. If he can still burn D's with his feet, over 50% will be fine for him to be successful. I'd love to see 60%, but it just isn't necessary. Hell, he's not over 50% now and we are winning.

SR
11-18-2011, 01:26 PM

Yep

SR
11-18-2011, 01:31 PM

this is interesting SR. Sounds like you are ready to write him off. I believe he brings alot as a leader. I'm still in the wait and see mode. I think we need to see a bit more.

He does bring a lot as a leader and he is doing great things for the team. What happens when he gets hurt? It's gonna happen sooner than later. Does the offense just magically go from option to traditional style offense? Does the backup QB need to play option too? It's great now because the team is winning, but what happens if bad stuff happens? There are too many question marks for me. I'd rather have a stud pocket passer that can tear defenses apart with his arm and score touchdowns in the first 3.75 quarters of a game.

GEM
11-18-2011, 01:55 PM
My question is why do we have to? I mean it would be nice to, but is it really an absolute necessity? If we have a stout defense and next year continue to put pieces in that build that defense further and they stop the other team from scoring....is it REALLY a necessity? I know he's 3 wins in, but no one has stopped it yet. :shrugs:

catfish
11-18-2011, 02:01 PM
He does bring a lot as a leader and he is doing great things for the team. What happens when he gets hurt? It's gonna happen sooner than later. Does the offense just magically go from option to traditional style offense? Does the backup QB need to play option too? It's great now because the team is winning, but what happens if bad stuff happens? There are too many question marks for me. I'd rather have a stud pocket passer that can tear defenses apart with his arm and score touchdowns in the first 3.75 quarters of a game.

Quarterbacks who can run the option are a dime a dozen in the draft. College unlike the nfl has many teams that play option ball. My guess is you could find a good one in the third round or later.

My question would be can you guarantee that the QB you get in the next draft is going to be a stud pocket passer? I know you have a QB right now that can win you some games with his legs and I would give you 50/50 odds that he can get his accuracy to an acceptable level with work in the offseason. I would take 50/50 over the complete crapshoot that is the 1st round QB draft. People keep talking about wishing they had a stud pocket passer, you think 25 of 32 NFL teams don't wish the same damn thing? Work with what you have.

SR
11-18-2011, 02:03 PM
My question is why do we have to? I mean it would be nice to, but is it really an absolute necessity? If we have a stout defense and next year continue to put pieces in that build that defense further and they stop the other team from scoring....is it REALLY a necessity? I know he's 3 wins in, but no one has stopped it yet. :shrugs:

He beat a winless Dolphins team after not scoring any points in three quarters. He beat an overrated Raiders team missing their best offensive and biggest producing player. He beat a shitty Chiefs team and was THROTTLED by the one legitimately good team he played against before beating a struggling Jets team. I'm glad the team is winning the games, don't get me wrong. I'm just not all emotional and ga-ga about Tebow as a QB. I'm trying to be objective about it.

To answer your questions...against shitty teams, no its not a "necessity". Against good teams like the Bears, Pats, etc, yes it is absolutely a necessity because those teams won't let a shifty offense like the Broncos' back in to a game like the Dolphins, Raiders, Chiefs, and Jets did.

SR
11-18-2011, 02:04 PM

Quarterbacks who can run the option are a dime a dozen in the draft. College unlike the nfl has many teams that play option ball. My guess is you could find a good one in the third round or later.

My question would be can you guarantee that the QB you get in the next draft is going to be a stud pocket passer? I know you have a QB right now that can win you some games with his legs and I would give you 50/50 odds that he can get his accuracy to an acceptable level with work in the offseason. I would take 50/50 over the complete crapshoot that is the 1st round QB draft. People keep talking about wishing they had a stud pocket passer, you think 25 of 32 NFL teams don't wish the same damn thing? Work with what you have.

Valid points

Slick
11-18-2011, 02:06 PM
Cowherd just spent a large portion of his show ripping Tebow and the Denver O. ::sigh:: nothing ever changes

I was listening online. One thing I've noticed is that these guys never ask the question, can he improve, or can he get his footwork together and be more accurate, can he get better timing down with his receivers, etc.

"He won't be able to sustain this" is the company line now.

Well, no shit, but who's to say he won't improve? We all know he's going to work on his faults. Probably harder than most.

catfish
11-18-2011, 02:08 PM
I was listening online. One thing I've noticed is that these guys never ask the question, can he improve, or can he get his footwork together and be more accurate, can he get better timing down with his receivers, etc.

Well, no shit, but who's to say he won't improve? We all know he's going to work on his faults. Probably harder than most.

I would add that with a QB who connects on 52-58% of his passes this offense is really dangerous, especially if you are picking up plug and play QB's in the 3rd-5th round that are for lack of a better term "disposable"

Denver Native (Carol)
11-18-2011, 02:24 PM

The talk on some of the sports radio here is that the Broncos will draft a QB similar to TT in the 3rd or 4th round.

claymore
11-18-2011, 02:28 PM

I dont see him taking hits. Ive never seen the dude rocked.

Dreadnought
11-18-2011, 02:31 PM

He was sacked once by the Faid, and never since then. He took one hard shot last night after a hand off, but that was it.

GEM
11-18-2011, 02:48 PM
He beat a winless Dolphins team after not scoring any points in three quarters. He beat an overrated Raiders team missing their best offensive and biggest producing player. He beat a shitty Chiefs team and was THROTTLED by the one legitimately good team he played against before beating a struggling Jets team. I'm glad the team is winning the games, don't get me wrong. I'm just not all emotional and ga-ga about Tebow as a QB. I'm trying to be objective about it.

To answer your questions...against shitty teams, no its not a "necessity". Against good teams like the Bears, Pats, etc, yes it is absolutely a necessity because those teams won't let a shifty offense like the Broncos' back in to a game like the Dolphins, Raiders, Chiefs, and Jets did.

I'm not ga-ga either. If those teams can't score because of a solid defense, then it wouldn't be letting the Broncos back in. Who knows if this defense holds up, but I think it is moving in the right direction and with a couple more key additions, could really be something special. It all hinges on the defense. If they can't stop points on the board and we can't score more, then yes, the concern is valid.

vandammage13
11-18-2011, 03:35 PM
I was on board from day 1...Just saw something special in the kid.

Good to see others coming around as well.

GB2!!!!

BroncoNut
11-18-2011, 04:00 PM

He got rocked in college Clay. I mean effin Rocked. I think it was against LSU but I am not sure.

Npba900
11-18-2011, 04:15 PM
It is fun to see us win games in this fashion. He cant be a franchise QB this way because his body will break down like a RB's does, but it is fun to watch! He will have a short shelf if he continues but man Im just glad we'er winning!!

I agree. At this rate and the system Tebow is playing in, he's a short term answer. Lets enjoy the ride! "Get Yo Pop Corn Ready--ERR Body" Its the Tebow Show, y'all get on board.

Afterall, Tim is only 24 years old his body can withstand the punisment as FB-QB at least another 4 years. That should give Elway plentry of time to find a Proto-typical Pocket Passing QB who can be the face of the franchise for 12-16 years.

But who knows if Tebow's body holds up to the pounding perhaps two years from now he can develop into an accurate consistent passer. Who the hell knows!

Npba900
11-18-2011, 04:17 PM
The talk on some of the sports radio here is that the Broncos will draft a QB similar to TT in the 3rd or 4th round.

We definitely will need someone to back up T2 in case he gets injured.:D

BigDaddyBronco
11-18-2011, 04:18 PM

He got rocked at Florida when he was playing against Kentucky. Back of his head hit the knee of one of his linemen. He was knocked out and left the game with a concussion, they thought he was going to miss a few weeks. Had an off week, then was starting the week after.

He is pretty effin tough.

BroncoNut
11-18-2011, 04:23 PM
He got rocked at Florida when he was playing against Kentucky. Back of his head hit the knee of one of his linemen. He was knocked out and left the game with a concussion, they thought he was going to miss a few weeks. Had an off week, then was starting the week after.

He is pretty effin tough.

that's the one I was thinking of. yes, his convalescence was shorter than anticipated. He's tough Clay, don't question that for a minute you retard

NightTerror218
11-18-2011, 04:26 PM
I was on board from day 1...Just saw something special in the kid.

Good to see others coming around as well.

GB2!!!!

I was on board day 1 after watching Orton. The detroit game added some doubts but yesterday brought it back.

NightTerror218
11-18-2011, 04:27 PM
We definitely will need someone to back up T2 in case he gets injured.:D

Aaron Rodgers? :D

catfish
11-18-2011, 04:30 PM
He got rocked in college Clay. I mean effin Rocked. I think it was against LSU but I am not sure.

only time he ever missed a game was after the concussion vs. Kentucky

catfish
11-18-2011, 04:31 PM

Mark Sanchez will probably be available :)

SR
11-18-2011, 05:20 PM

Mark Sanchez will probably be available :)

We should trade a bag of footballs for him

wayninja
11-18-2011, 05:22 PM

Better not, he's liable to throw all of them at the opposing team.

catfish
11-18-2011, 05:26 PM

a single practice football which they need to inflate themselves and a half used tube of expired Icy -hot is as high as I would go

Lancane
11-18-2011, 06:45 PM
Denver is probably going to trade for Jimmy Clausen in the off-season, I've been sort of mum on my suspicions, but Clausen was Fox's pick in Carolina, he even tried to trade up into the first round to get him. I truly believe Denver tried to trade Brandon Lloyd to Carolina for Clausen before the deadline but Carolina wanted more. Denver could well send a player like DJ Williams and a pick to Carolina for Clausen. He'd be a solid backup and would challenge Tebow in regards to the starter position. Denver will likely sign a veteran, if they can trade for Clausen then Denver will not draft a quarterback this off-season having two young quarterbacks on the roster at that point.

NightTerror218
11-18-2011, 06:48 PM
Denver is probably going to trade for Jimmy Clausen in the off-season, I've been sort of mum on my suspicions, but Clausen was Fox's pick in Carolina, he even tried to trade up into the first round to get him. I truly believe Denver tried to trade Brandon Lloyd to Carolina for Clausen before the deadline but Carolina wanted more. Denver could well send a player like DJ Williams and a pick to Carolina for Clausen. He'd be a solid backup and would challenge Tebow in regards to the starter position. Denver will likely sign a veteran, if they can trade for Clausen then Denver will not draft a quarterback this off-season having two young quarterbacks on the roster at that point.

I do not see that happening. Elway and Xanders will not go for it. Trade a solid starter for a back up to draft one in the later rounds of the QB deep class? Clausen is horrible, why? He was a pro style offense in college and did not do the option or spread. I think it is a horrible idea.

Lancane
11-18-2011, 06:59 PM
I do not see that happening. Elway and Xanders will not go for it. Trade a solid starter for a back up to draft one in the later rounds of the QB deep class? Clausen is horrible, why? He was a pro style offense in college and did not do the option or spread. I think it is a horrible idea.

Because Phidelt there was some debate about that not long ago, with rumors that Denver was close to trading Brandon Lloyd to Carolina, according to those rumors the trade was meant to be a straight up trade for Clausen, but Carolina didn't bite. And you can say that Elway nor Xanders wouldn't go for it, but you never know. I believe there is some truth to the rumors, as to whether or not it will happen is another thing altogether. I wouldn't be surprised if it did or did not, but Denver is going to want someone who'll push Tebow to better himself as a passer of that I have no doubts whatsoever and they'll want someone who will challenge for the starting quarterback position or can step-up if need be.

Chances are high that Denver will draft someone more akin to Tebow's skill set, but I also could see Denver also deciding to go in a different direction, not talking about from the quarterback, just I think the system McCoy is running is not without issues and Denver needs to stabilize the offense.

Not to mention you're forgetting rule one about the spread offense! Not everyone can be a pro-style quarterback but almost everyone can be a spread quarterback because at it's core, it's a quarterback friendly system. If we did trade for him, the system would be more akin to a true spread then the spread-option, so basically just take out the option aspects.

But who the hell knows right now. I'm hoping they fire McCoy who is a terrible coordinator, he doesn't even understand the in's and out's of the general spread offense, let alone the option, he has Tebow teaching him about it!

NightTerror218
11-18-2011, 07:14 PM
Because Phidelt there was some debate about that not long ago, with rumors that Denver was close to trading Brandon Lloyd to Carolina, according to those rumors the trade was meant to be a straight up trade for Clausen, but Carolina didn't bite. And you can say that Elway nor Xanders wouldn't go for it, but you never know. I believe there is some truth to the rumors, as to whether or not it will happen is another thing altogether. I wouldn't be surprised if it did or did not, but Denver is going to want someone who'll push Tebow to better himself as a passer of that I have no doubts whatsoever and they'll want someone who will challenge for the starting quarterback position or can step-up if need be.

Chances are high that Denver will draft someone more akin to Tebow's skill set, but I also could see Denver also deciding to go in a different direction, not talking about from the quarterback, just I think the system McCoy is running is not without issues and Denver needs to stabilize the offense.

Not to mention you're forgetting rule one about the spread offense! Not everyone can be a pro-style quarterback but almost everyone can be a spread quarterback because at it's core, it's a quarterback friendly system. If we did trade for him, the system would be more akin to a true spread then the spread-option, so basically just take out the option aspects.

But who the hell knows right now. I'm hoping they fire McCoy who is a terrible coordinator, he doesn't even understand the in's and out's of the general spread offense, let alone the option, he has Tebow teaching him about it!

I agree about firing McCoy, he is just going in all direction with the type of offense we run. Pro-style, spread, option, heavy run. It is just not a way to get a offense in rhythm. McCoy is calling plays for the 1st time in his career. Some of them are horrible, run for 3 straight downs when the first 2 go for no gain and offense has not changed its formation.

But if TT remains the QB you need a QB who can compliment him and run offense. Clausen is completely horrible, like way way way bad. He cant read defenses or many good decisions (turnover machine). And that was in a run heavy offense under Fox. I briefly heard the rumors but nothing substantial to think any of it would stick.

SR
11-18-2011, 09:02 PM
Maybe they could bring in Urban Meyer as the offensive coordinator. :drool:

pnbronco
11-18-2011, 09:30 PM
Love the wins and just the energy that the team seems to be playing at these days. So glad the D is on the right road again. Love Tim the person, just a great, great kid and would so love him to be the face of our team.

Still not all in yet with my heart as Tim as our long term QB. After the Bears and the Pats that could very well change. They don't have to win but play much better than the Lions. That game was sooooo painful to be at. Believe it or not worse than last year against the Raiders or the Chargers game a few years before that. Oh it was brutal, you could tell they felt sorry for us and that hurt.

I will support our team in all ways that I can. Those guys know that my support is always there regardless of the record. So I will enjoy today for what it was and just see what happens in the future as it unfolds......:D

John Bad Elk
11-19-2011, 03:10 AM

Haters gonna hate.

Bullgator
11-19-2011, 04:44 AM

Dan Mullen is who you want running the O, not Urb. Meyer is a much better special teams coach and of course hes an awesome program manager... a real head coach.

lgenf
11-19-2011, 07:59 AM
Just posted this in another thread

We may take Colin Klein from K-State

He's the most similar to Tebow in build and being a rushing QB that has to throw

Additionally he will probably be there late, or maybe free

If he lasts all draft we may just extend an invite to come be a FA walk on to our team

MOtorboat
11-19-2011, 09:00 AM
Why would Klein leave school early if there's a possibility that he wouldn't even get drafted?

lgenf
11-19-2011, 12:59 PM
Why would Klein leave school early if there's a possibility that he wouldn't even get drafted?

Sorry MO, I thought he was a senior his year