PDA

View Full Version : Broncos' McGahee to play vs. Jets despite hamstring injury

Magnificent Seven
11-17-2011, 04:22 PM
Denver's cautious approach to Willis McGahee's injured left hamstring has paid off, as a league source said Thursday that the Broncos' running back will play against the New York Jets, barring a setback in warm ups prior to kickoff.
NFL Network is your home for Thursday Night Football. Catch all eight games live and in HD.

McGahee was limited during the Broncos' two practices this week and was listed as questionable on the team's Wednesday injury report, casting doubt on his status for Thursday night's game.

Coach John Fox, however, told reporters Monday that McGahee could have re-entered the Broncos' Week 10 win over the Kansas Chiefs in an emergency situation, but the team decided to play it conservative with an eye on the Jets game.

McGahee rushed for 163 yards and two touchdowns against the Oakland Raiders before injuring his hamstring on the first series against the Chiefs. The Jets announced Wednesday that running back LaDainian Tomlinson (knee) would not play against the Broncos.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d82436c4e/article/broncos-mcgahee-to-play-vs-jets-despite-hamstring-injury?module=HP11_headline_stack

lgenf
11-17-2011, 04:23 PM
Hell yeah!

Now I hope he stays healthy

vhatever
11-17-2011, 04:24 PM
Awesome. hopefuly not another "4 and done" performance, cause really need him out there.

MileHighCrew
11-17-2011, 04:35 PM
just said on NFL live he plans to play

titan
11-17-2011, 05:18 PM
Dave Logan on Altitude said he thought McGahee would not play giving him a full 10 days to heal before the Chargers. But that show was recorded yesterday I think.

camdisco24
11-17-2011, 05:31 PM
If he does play, I hope we get out to an early lead and give him a rest! Hammys can really come back to bite you if they don't heal 100% after an injury.

T.K.O.
11-17-2011, 05:51 PM
yes.....yes......yes.......yes.........YES !

Magnificent Seven
11-17-2011, 07:18 PM
NFL Network is reporting that RB Willis McGahee will play. McGahee told the channel that he felt good and quoted coach John Fox as saying, "Willis will go in Willis fashion." Broncos RapidReports

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/rapid-reports/post/16151041