PDA

View Full Version : Real Broncos Fans

Jsteve01
11-17-2011, 03:11 PM
I've been hearing a lot about "real" fans lately so let's get a few things straight.

Real Broncos fans rember Watson, Winder and Willhite (Not the current version mind you). They remember Kragen, Kay and Karlis. Ask em about Mike Horan, hey i remember that guy.

Real Broncos fans remember the years of futility. The mocking from friends after blow out Super Bowl losses, the sheer jubilation after the first win.

Real Broncos fans cried after getting beat down and cried when Bowlen said "this one's for John"

Real Broncos fans knew when Elway got helicoptered that we were going to win our first Superbowl.

Real Broncos fans have always been bigger fans of the name on the front of the jersey than any name on the back.

Real Broncos fans laugh at the idea that John Elway is somehow out to undermine Tebow.

Real Broncos fans know Elway is one of the greatest competitors who's ever lived, and would do anything short of cheating to return this franchise to greatness. (That btw isn't a statement about how he'll do as a gm but again a shot at the conspiracy theorists).

Real Broncos fans will argue the merits of coaches and players until their blue in the face but at the end of the day they'll always be Broncos fans.

Real Broncos fans realize this franchise had a storied history long before anyone had ever even heard of Tebow, or Bailey or even Terrell Davis.

BigDaddyBronco
11-17-2011, 03:13 PM
So a 10 year old kid can't be a "real" Broncos fan?

Jsteve01
11-17-2011, 03:14 PM

eff off BDB. you know exactly who this is directed at

slim
11-17-2011, 03:15 PM
Uh oh....

chazoe60
11-17-2011, 03:16 PM
**** the fan police!

Jsteve01
11-17-2011, 03:17 PM
just got preached at by my boss...so Im using this forum as my soap box to do some self righteous ranting lol

dogfish
11-17-2011, 03:17 PM

is the little ****er shelling out for tickets?

dogfish
11-17-2011, 03:18 PM
**** the fan police!

you tell 'em, ice cube!

underrated29
11-17-2011, 03:18 PM
I dont konw the first two.

But I will say this. The broncos have NEVER lost a superbowl that I have watched!

MasterShake
11-17-2011, 03:19 PM
Real Broncos fans exist in a three dimensional realm and are carbon based. None of this interdimensional spiritual aura being fan crap! :mad:

BigDaddyBronco
11-17-2011, 03:19 PM
is the little ****er shelling out for tickets?

Nah, he is selling his dad's tickets on Stubhub to Steelers fans.

chazoe60
11-17-2011, 03:20 PM

But I will say this. The broncos have NEVER lost a superbowl that I have watched!

Fake ass fan!

Hurry, burn him!

Jsteve01
11-17-2011, 03:20 PM

let's put it this way...if you didn't pick the Broncos as "your team" after they drafted your favorite college player, then you're in lol

chazoe60
11-17-2011, 03:22 PM
What if your favorite college football player was Floyd Little?

Those damn fake fans have been around since the 60's.

Jsteve01
11-17-2011, 03:25 PM
oh and real fans as has been confirmed have season tickets

catfish
11-17-2011, 03:28 PM

but don't necessarily use them ?

BroncoNut
11-17-2011, 03:29 PM

shit. I'm out. (can't get them. I'm too old and ugly)

jhildebrand
11-17-2011, 03:36 PM
So the 6 year old kid just getting into foozball isn't a real fan because of things that happened aeons ago (to them anyway). Gotcha. :2thumbs:

By the way, cardchecking fans never turns out well. Just sayin.

Jsteve01
11-17-2011, 03:37 PM
shit. I'm out. (can't get them. I'm too old and ugly)

If you have a friend who has season tickets and you can use them then you are in by association

Jsteve01
11-17-2011, 03:38 PM
So the 6 year old kid just getting into foozball isn't a real fan because of things that happened aeons ago (to them anyway). Gotcha.

By the way, cardchecking fans never turns out well. Just sayin.

there's some history here jh, going back to another board or two...let's just say it's a little tongue in cheek

LTC Pain
11-17-2011, 03:46 PM
there's some history here jh, going back to another board or two...let's just say it's a little tongue in cheek

Then maybe you should spell out this "tongue and cheek" thing before you alienate a bunch of Broncos fans. Because this has the appearance of you looking down your nose at a lot of people.

Denver Native (Carol)
11-17-2011, 03:52 PM
I got the point of what the thread starter was trying to make. Many became Bronco fans because of Elway - I said Bronco fans - not just Elway fans. Simply put - are you a fan of the Broncos, or a fan of only one player - major difference.

NightTerror218
11-17-2011, 03:53 PM

I live too far away to even go to a game, but I guess I have to buy them anyways to be a real fan.

BroncoNut
11-17-2011, 03:54 PM
If you have a friend who has season tickets and you can use them then you are in by association

nope. no friends either.

Denver Native (Carol)
11-17-2011, 03:54 PM
I live too far away to even go to a game, but I guess I have to buy them anyways to be a real fan.

I also did not agree with the comment in regards to real Bronco fans have season tickets.

Jsteve01
11-17-2011, 03:55 PM
Then maybe you should spell out this "tongue and cheek" thing before you alienate a bunch of Broncos fans. Because this has the appearance of you looking down your nose at a lot of people.

right because spelling out sarcasm is one of the basic principles of humor...thanks I'll put that in my little bag of tricks.

BroncoNut
11-17-2011, 03:56 PM
I also did not agree with the comment in regards to real Bronco fans have season tickets.

not only did I not agree with it, I was quite offended by it

Jsteve01

sorry phidelt if neither you or a close friend have tix then you're only a second tier fan. Haven't you guys had this discussion on here before?

Mike
I am such a hard-core fan that I will leave once the Broncos become a dominant franchise again. I only stay for the pain.

BORDERLINE
11-17-2011, 03:57 PM
Look man I have never been to Denver yet I am a life long Broncos fan. Some people are not as well of as some and have the luxury to travel so saying that if you don't have season tickets your not a fan is BS and insulting.

I know who you are directing it to but don't start bunching everyone up because some of us don't fit your guidelines. If people want to cheer for the Broncos let them cheer more support for us. At the end of the day WE will still be here and the fans with ulterior motives will be gone.

Jsteve01
11-17-2011, 03:57 PM
nope. no friends either.

that's a lie...don't do that nut

BroncoNut
11-17-2011, 03:58 PM
sorry phidelt if neither you or a close friend have tix then you're only a second tier fan. Haven't you guys had this discussion on here before?

no, i think this is news to alot of people Jsteve

well, I'm not feeling all that well all of a sudden, so I'm gonna take off for awhile

Jsteve01
11-17-2011, 03:59 PM
Look man I have never been to Denver yet I am a life long Broncos fan. Some people are not as well of as some and have the luxury to travel so saying that if you don't have season tickets your not a fan is BS and insulting.

I know who you are directing it to but don't start bunching everyone up because some of us don't fit your guidelines. If people want to cheer for the Broncos let them cheer more support for us. At the end of the day WE will still be here and the fans with ulterior motives will be gone.

Hey man don't shoot the messenger. Some things are just written in fan "real Bronco fan" handbook.

BroncoNut
11-17-2011, 04:00 PM
that's a lie...don't do that nut

nope. I was thinking about it last night at about 2:30 in the morning. I had trouble sleeping. You're my only real friend Jsteve.

Jsteve01
11-17-2011, 04:04 PM
nope. I was thinking about it last night at about 2:30 in the morning. I had trouble sleeping. You're my only real friend Jsteve.

Aw thanks nut

ps please refrain from thinking about me at night while you're lying in bed

G_Money
11-17-2011, 04:07 PM
Rules for being a "Real Broncos Fan" (tm) and (c):

#1 – Thou Shalt Respect History: I never saw Floyd Little play for the Broncos. I was born the year he retired. But I take the word of the more, um, seasoned Broncos fans that he was a legit badass and carried this franchise around on his back. I don’t start threads about TD vs. Floyd Little and disparage Little’s accomplishments. You can be a Broncos fan without having seen every play in Broncos history, but respect those players who came before the current iteration and who made us one of the more storied franchises in the league. The team was not birthed from the side of Zeus when His Son Tebow reached the age of maturity and needed a steed to ride.

#2 – Thou Shalt Watch the Damn Games Before Spouting Off: It’s not okay to tell us what great Broncos fans you are and how you HATE X or LOVE Y when all you did was see the 45 second ESPN recap and read a summary of the 60 minutes that were played. If you didn’t see something, then it’s okay not to have an opinion about it. We are not Chargers fans or J-Ville fans, who follow their teams via the evening post and occasionally singing telegram (“We are the Chaaaargeerrss….the mighty Chaaarrgeerrrs, and we suuuuuuckkk really baaaaaad…”). We watch, we discuss, and we even argue, but we do it all with as much data as we can get, and that includes seeing the team with your own eyes, not someone else’s.

#3 – Thou Shalt Think and not Troll: if you break Rule #1 or #2, and someone calls you an idiot who lacks perspective, realize that you probably do. Your passions are running away with you and you’re stuffing our respect for you down a well and drowning it. Take a step back, reconsider, and haul it gasping and sputtering out of the cistern so we don’t have to ignore you. If you make a provocative statement and the board comes crashing down on your head, don’t get angry at us for throwing stones. And don’t KEEP trying to make more stones fall on you for fun. That’s trolling, and then we’ll quietly arrange for you to hang yourself on the forum rules and have Tned and the mods display your body from the gates to the forum as a warning to others. We are not Raiders fans. We expect you to bring something more to the table than armored shoulderpads and a well-demonstrated ability to beer bong a freight-truck’s-worth of liquor.

#4 - Thou Shalt Persevere: The Broncos don’t suck often, but when they do, you don’t pull up stakes and go find the Bengals or 49ers or Titans to be a fan of. You can take a break from the day-to-day stuff if you’ve kicked your third puppy of the week after watching some excrable performance or a McDaniels type is driving you insane. Bitch away or take a breather, but keep your ass firmly in Broncos Country, or we’ll consider you a douche.

There are others…but can we start with those four, please?

~G

Jsteve01
11-17-2011, 04:09 PM
Rules for being a "Real Broncos Fan" (tm) and (c):

#1 – Thou Shalt Respect History: I never saw Floyd Little play for the Broncos. I was born the year he retired. But I take the word of the more, um, seasoned Broncos fans that he was a legit badass and carried this franchise around on his back. I don’t start threads about TD vs. Floyd Little and disparage Little’s accomplishments. You can be a Broncos fan without having seen every play in Broncos history, but respect those players who came before the current iteration and who made us one of the more storied franchises in the league. The team was not birthed from the side of Zeus when His Son Tebow reached the age of maturity and needed a steed to ride.

#2 – Thou Shalt Watch the Damn Games Before Spouting Off: It’s not okay to tell us what great Broncos fans you are and how you HATE X or LOVE Y when all you did was see the 45 second ESPN recap and read a summary of the 60 minutes that were played. If you didn’t see something, then it’s okay not to have an opinion about it. We are not Chargers fans or J-Ville fans, who follow their teams via the evening post and occasionally singing telegram (“We are the Chaaaargeerrss….the mighty Chaaarrgeerrrs, and we suuuuuuckkk really baaaaaad…”). We watch, we discuss, and we even argue, but we do it all with as much data as we can get, and that includes seeing the team with your own eyes, not someone else’s.

#3 – Thou Shalt Think and not Troll: if you break Rule #1 or #2, and someone calls you an idiot who lacks perspective, realize that you probably do. Your passions are running away with you and you’re stuffing our respect for you down a well and drowning it. Take a step back, reconsider, and haul it gasping and sputtering out of the cistern so we don’t have to ignore you. If you make a provocative statement and the board comes crashing down on your head, don’t get angry at us for throwing stones. And don’t KEEP trying to make more stones fall on you for fun. That’s trolling, and then we’ll quietly arrange for you to hang yourself on the forum rules and have Tned and the mods display your body from the gates to the forum as a warning to others. We are not Raiders fans. We expect you to bring something more to the table than armored shoulderpads and a well-demonstrated ability to beer bong a freight-truck’s-worth of liquor.

#4 - Thou Shalt Persevere: The Broncos don’t suck often, but when they do, you don’t pull up stakes and go find the Bengals or 49ers or Titans to be a fan of. You can take a break from the day-to-day stuff if you’ve kicked your third puppy of the week after watching some excrable performance or a McDaniels type is driving you insane. Bitch away or take a breather, but keep your ass firmly in Broncos Country, or we’ll consider you a douche.

There are others…but can we start with those four, please?

~G

hmmm which handbook are you referring to G? I don't see any of this in my official handbook. Do you have the fifth edition?

G_Money
11-17-2011, 04:11 PM
hmmm which handbook are you referring to G? I don't see any of this in my official handbook. Do you have the fifth edition?

I thought this was 4th revised. Isn't 5th the beta? Didn't that one have crap in it like "Increasing number of Tebow references is directly related to increased Broncos fandom?"

~G

BroncoNut
11-17-2011, 04:12 PM
Aw thanks nut

ps please refrain from thinking about me at night while you're lying in bed

sure Steve, no problem. Hey, do you want me to stop breathing too?

Jsteve01
11-17-2011, 04:12 PM

no just my earlier request will be fine

Bullgator
11-17-2011, 04:22 PM

Should there be rules against bromances between members? Or at least dont ask dont tell... :flypig:

Trailer Park Casanova
11-17-2011, 05:58 PM
Miller years when the team held hands in the huddle, no bench warmers - every player played in every game, unique for the day,, Morton took them to the playoffs,,,

Threads like this remind me of the local drunk at the resort's bar when you're on vacation.
He berates the visitors that he's been coming to the bar longer than anyone and somehow he rates more than his self-importance over that fact.

By mid evening, he's helicoptered out of the parking lot by the EMT's.

Next day the bartenders tell tales of his broken nose,,, wired jaw,, dental surgery,,,

BORDERLINE
11-17-2011, 06:00 PM
Hey man don't shoot the messenger

I'm more of a puncher:boxing:

I'm not a fan of guns...

BroncoTech
11-17-2011, 06:20 PM
I've been around watching the games before Floyd Little and all you have to do to be a Broncos fans is this.

When it's 3rd and 3 and the other team is lining up all you have to do is make some noise. That's it's. You are a fan.

chazoe60
11-17-2011, 06:32 PM
I've been around watching the games before Floyd Little and all you have to do to be a Broncos fans is this.

When it's 3rd and 3 and the other team is lining up all you have to do is make some noise. That's it's. You are a fan.

Oh, so now mutes can't be real Bronco fans?

You insensitive jerk.

dogfish
11-17-2011, 06:50 PM
Should there be rules against bromances between members? Or at least dont ask dont tell... :flypig:

how about a regulation against man-crushes from members on players?

:elefant:

Oh, so now mutes can't be real Bronco fans?

You insensitive jerk.

what, mutes can't clap and stomp? you don't think they're bright enough?

way to stereotype, bud. . . :rolleyes:

chazoe60
11-17-2011, 06:55 PM
how about a regulation against man-crushes from members on players?

:elefant:

what, mutes can't clap and stomp? you don't think they're bright enough?

way to stereotype, bud. . . :rolleyes:

You make an interesting point, maybe mutes really are people too.

BroncoTech
11-17-2011, 07:05 PM
Mutes are excellent fans. They feel the noise in their feet you know. Also they are less likely to complain a lot. This makes them the rarest of elite fans.

sneakers
11-17-2011, 07:52 PM
**** the fan police!

And **** the police.

NightTerror218
11-17-2011, 07:57 PM
Mutes are excellent fans. They feel the noise in their feet you know. Also they are less likely to complain a lot. This makes them the rarest of elite fans.

must be a lot of mutes in Miami, quite stadium

Shazam!
11-18-2011, 01:15 AM
I hate adding to silly threads.

However, the logic that if you are now a Broncos fan because tebow is their QB, what about the Broncos fans that became fans who followed Elway to Denver from Stanford?

Who cares?

To me, if you're a Broncos fan for whatever reason, you are my brother.

DenBronx
11-18-2011, 01:32 AM
You don't have to like the Broncos pre Elway to be a REAL Broncos fan.

You just have to REALLY like the Broncos. :salute:

And I don't care if you just became a Broncos fan as of today.

smith49
11-18-2011, 08:45 PM
So, I don't post much, but I assure you I'm a real bronco fan. For me, my only criteria for being a true fan is that you cheer for one team and one team only!!

I'm not saying you can't cheer a team on that needs to win so as to help your team advance, or cheer on a team to beat the patriots or ravens because you hate them so deeply.

In my book you have one favorite team and that's it!! If so, you are a true fan!

NightTerror218
11-18-2011, 08:48 PM
REAL BRONCO FANS got GOOSEBUMPS/HIGH BLOOD PRESSURE/TOO EXCITED during the last drive last night

Locnar
11-18-2011, 09:08 PM
I was born a Bronco fan. My old man wouldn't have had it any other way.

I think I've said this before, but when I was 5 I thought Sammy Winder was my uncle (and I'm white)..