PDA

View Full Version : Adopt a bronco, Pick em', etc

Astrass
08-30-2007, 03:09 PM
Just curious if the ones who kindly organzie these events are going to be doing it here this year or on the broncomania boards?

Watchthemiddle
08-30-2007, 04:52 PM
Just curious if the ones who kindly organzie these events are going to be doing it here this year or on the broncomania boards?

THere is one of these semi-started in another area. I don't know if its officially organized yet or not.

I think it looks something like this...

10 people want Cutler.

I want Marshall.

That about sums it up...:biglaugh:

broncosinindy
08-30-2007, 08:40 PM
I want Javis Moss

Nomad
08-30-2007, 08:43 PM
Brandon Stokely! I would like to call.

Skywalker
08-30-2007, 09:39 PM
Just like the other thread, I call Champ :P

TXBRONC
08-30-2007, 09:40 PM
D.J. Williams for me.

anton...
08-30-2007, 09:45 PM
i called cutler first...

:boink:
________
Buy bubblers (http://bubblers.net/)

Tned
08-30-2007, 10:25 PM
THere is one of these semi-started in another area. I don't know if its officially organized yet or not.

I think it looks something like this...

10 people want Cutler.

I want Marshall.

That about sums it up...:biglaugh:

Don't forget, I chose Jake.

Tned
08-30-2007, 10:26 PM
Seriously, if someone wants to organize it, I believe I can add an "adopted Bronco" field in your Usser Profile to enter your adopted Broncos, and then change the forum template so that your adopted Bronco shows below your title or some place like that. Similar to how they do it on the Mane.

BroncoWave
08-30-2007, 10:40 PM
I'll take Alvin McKinley because he went to Mississippi State!

Crush05
08-30-2007, 11:29 PM
Don't forget, I chose Jake.

:ahhhhh:booo T not Jake again. Now come on he is gone. But I will put it on record I want Javon Walker!!!!!

BroncoSexyDaddy
08-30-2007, 11:32 PM
Jay Cutler or Brandan Stokely if Cutler is taken

Watchthemiddle
08-30-2007, 11:36 PM
Brandon Marshall.

:cell:

Crush05
08-30-2007, 11:38 PM
Everyone just remember I took Javon first. Look under my avitar that says it all baby!!!!!:first:

Fan in Exile
08-31-2007, 07:01 AM
I'll take John Lynch

Reidman
08-31-2007, 07:06 AM
Seriously, if someone wants to organize it, I believe I can add an "adopted Bronco" field in your Usser Profile to enter your adopted Broncos, and then change the forum template so that your adopted Bronco shows below your title or some place like that. Similar to how they do it on the Mane.

I like this idea Tned...

I get Bly if he hasn't been taken...:top:

Tned
08-31-2007, 07:08 AM
I don't know if anyone is going to organize this party, but if that ever happens, I have added a new field in your "Edit Profile" area of the "User CP", which currently will show up on your user profile when someone clicks your name.

I have also modifed the forum template, so now your adopted Bronco (see my example where it says "Your Adopted Bronco"), will show up under your join date on each post.

Please wait until someone organizes an official "adopt a Bronco" thread before adding players.

Reidman
08-31-2007, 07:10 AM
I don't know if anyone is going to organize this party, but if that ever happens, I have added a new field in your "Edit Profile" area of the "User CP", which currently will show up on your user profile when someone clicks your name.

As soon as I get my testserver up, I will work on getting it to show up like a custom title near your avatar when viewing posts.
Has there been an adopt-a-player thread started yet..? If not I'll do it.

Tned
08-31-2007, 07:21 AM
Has there been an adopt-a-player thread started yet..? If not I'll do it.

No, there has not been an official one, people have proposed it in two different threads, but it has been a free for all.

If you want to try and organize it, I think it would be great. Seems like people need to know when it will count, so they can rush to get their fav player. I would suggest if it isn't done as a draft (which considering how few members we have wouldn't be too hard), then there should be a date/time when a thread will be created, and only after that date/time can people post in it and adopt a Broncos' player.

Anyway, those are just my thoughts, you guys can do it however you think best.

Snapping Turtle
08-31-2007, 08:53 AM
Everyone just remember I took Javon first. Look under my avitar that says it all baby!!!!!:first:

Actually....check the other thread. :first:

Crush05
08-31-2007, 12:13 PM
Actually....check the other thread. :first:

Alright then it is all good. A minor overlook. I will take the man who I said is going to make the team and be the #2 back Selvin Young baby!!!:grouphug:

BroncoManiac_69
08-31-2007, 12:19 PM
I want Domenik Hixon.

I really really like this kid.

I really really hope he makes the team.

Crush05
08-31-2007, 12:24 PM
No, there has not been an official one, people have proposed it in two different threads, but it has been a free for all.

If you want to try and organize it, I think it would be great. Seems like people need to know when it will count, so they can rush to get their fav player. I would suggest if it isn't done as a draft (which considering how few members we have wouldn't be too hard), then there should be a date/time when a thread will be created, and only after that date/time can people post in it and adopt a Broncos' player.

Anyway, those are just my thoughts, you guys can do it however you think best.

T there is a reason you are running these boards! Great idea. To bad I cannot give you any cp's:tsk::laugh::ahhhhh:

Skinny
08-31-2007, 01:23 PM
I want Javis MossDamn you! :mmph: lol

Hmmmm......Who shall i pick....

ELVIS!!!!!!!!

GEM
08-31-2007, 02:24 PM
Dup threads, so I will have to announce again......

Ian Gold is Mine, Mine, MINE!!! :D

TXBRONC
08-31-2007, 02:41 PM
Dup threads, so I will have to announce again......

Ian Gold is Mine, Mine, MINE!!! :D
GEM if you go into your control panel to edit profile you'll find the adopt-a-bronco field where you can put Ian's name. Then it will show up in the right hand corner when you post. :biggrin:

GEM
08-31-2007, 02:44 PM
GEM if you go into your control panel to edit profile you'll find the adopt-a-bronco field where you can put Ian's name. Then it will show up in the right hand corner when you post. :biggrin:

Thank you! I don't even think I've put anything into my profile area.

TXBRONC
08-31-2007, 02:47 PM
Thank you! I don't even think I've put anything into my profile area.

It's my pleasure to be of service. :thumb:

Astrass
08-31-2007, 03:40 PM
Yay DJ Williams

Nick
08-31-2007, 03:56 PM
Are we actually picking the players now? Or are we going to wait for the official "Adopt a Bronco" thread?

Retired_Member_001
08-31-2007, 04:45 PM
I already made a thread on this in the Feedback forum.

I don't think this thread or my one is going to be official.

In-com-plete
08-31-2007, 05:01 PM
If this is the one, I want Henry. Unless he's already taken. If he is, I want Sauerbrun.

I already made a thread on this in the Feedback forum.

I don't think this thread or my one is going to be official.
Dude, your sig pic is on the money. I've got a Romo, Portis, Wilson, and 2 Plummer jerseys. Every time I buy one, they're gone within 2 years.

And I just bought a Champ one last week so...sorry guys.

Retired_Member_001
08-31-2007, 05:04 PM
If this is the one, I want Henry. Unless he's already taken. If he is, I want Sauerbrun.

I think we need a new official one with someone taking care of things.

Dude, your sig pic is on the money. I've got a Romo, Portis, Wilson, and 2 Plummer jerseys. Every time I buy one, they're gone within 2 years.

And I just bought a Champ one last week so...sorry guys

:laugh:

I am changing my sig soon anyway.

Retired_Member_001
08-31-2007, 05:35 PM
Just to add, it would be ILLEGAL for me not to get Javon. :D

I've backed him before we even traded for him!

dogfish
08-31-2007, 06:16 PM
i'll adopt dan graham. . .

Gridironchamp
08-31-2007, 06:53 PM
CAN I HAVE HAMZA ABDULLAH? He has the coolest name since Up-chuck is gone.

broncosinindy
08-31-2007, 06:58 PM
Damn you! :mmph: lol

Hmmmm......Who shall i pick....

ELVIS!!!!!!!!

Gotta get up early in the morning to beat this ole boy hahah Doom would have been my second pick!

Nomad
08-31-2007, 08:10 PM
How does this adopt a BRONCO work. In two different threads I called Stokely. Can a player have more than one adoptee?

Tned
08-31-2007, 08:12 PM
How does this adopt a BRONCO work. In two different threads I called Stokely. Can a player have more than one adoptee?

It's just a weee bit disorganized. :laugh:

broncosinindy
08-31-2007, 08:49 PM
It's just a weee bit disorganized. :laugh:

We are disorganized rag-tag bunch. :) i got Jarvis and i wont give him up.:P

Nick
08-31-2007, 09:39 PM
My adopted is Cutler if on the board or not... Jarvis, walker, bailey, you name it. I CAN NOT WAIT UNTILL THE BILLS!!!!!

Cutler is still my adopted player (as would some other posters I could mention... that was a war between him and Jake)

I am off subject EVERY ONE HAS A GREAT WEEKEND...

T NED this place is like home again... you did a GREAT JOB.

We had a lot of differenced a while back... but you are one of my favorite Broncos fans :salute:

Tned
08-31-2007, 09:50 PM
T NED this place is like home again... you did a GREAT JOB.

Thanks, but it was a team effort. Carol spread the word as many of you know, and JR and Top joined her in welcoming all of your hear, as well as spreading the word themselves.

DenBronx
08-31-2007, 09:54 PM
i called bmarsh awhile back ago so ill take uhhh

TRAVIS HENRY!!!!

squints
08-31-2007, 10:17 PM
Jason Elam

DenBronx
08-31-2007, 10:19 PM
can someone please start the official process for this???

JRB
09-01-2007, 09:41 AM
I'll take Domonique Foxworth

Calibroncogrl47
09-01-2007, 11:12 AM
Can I have Elam???:listen:

ChampWJ
09-02-2007, 01:55 AM
I've got Nick Ferguson. When will the real thread happen? Or is this it?

broncosfanscott
09-02-2007, 02:07 AM
I'll take #88 Tony Scheffler

BroncoBJ
09-02-2007, 04:24 AM
I want Domenik Hixon.

I really really like this kid.

I really really hope he makes the team.

Damnit, but you did call him first. I called him in the other thread today so you win the Hixon sweepstakes. :( But I think we can have 2 per poster so I guess we can share. :elefant:

BroncoManiac_69
09-02-2007, 04:43 AM
Damnit, but you did call him first. I called him in the other thread today so you win the Hixon sweepstakes. :( But I think we can have 2 per poster so I guess we can share. :elefant:

:aetsch:

You gotta be quick around here.

:vroam:

In all seriousness though, I really do like this kid. He may not see a lot of time this year except on special teams as the returner. But that's OK.

BroncoBJ
09-02-2007, 04:50 AM
:aetsch:

You gotta be quick around here.

:vroam:

In all seriousness though, I really do like this kid. He may not see a lot of time this year except on special teams as the returner. But that's OK.

It's alright. Your still a great guy and your still welcome at my Superbowl Party. :beer: lol

And yea I really like Hixon too. I was so upset last year when he was hurt. I cant wait to see how he does this year and I hope he has a nice career with Denver.

BroncoManiac_69
09-02-2007, 05:00 AM
It's alright. Your still a great guy and your still welcome at my Superbowl Party. :beer: lol

And yea I really like Hixon too. I was so upset last year when he was hurt. I cant wait to see how he does this year and I hope he has a nice career with Denver.

I hope he has many years to come here. I want to buy his jersey. But when I get jerseys, something happens. (Eddie Mac and TD) They both got injured.

My credit card just got ripped up. LOL.

topscribe
09-02-2007, 09:21 AM
:ahhhhh:booo T not Jake again. Now come on he is gone. But I will put it on record I want Javon Walker!!!!!
Forget it. YOU have Jake. :D

-----