PDA

View Full Version : Dennis Allen

Dapper Dan
11-17-2011, 12:12 AM
Week 11 - Wednesday: Allen
Defensive Coordinator Dennis Allen talks about getting ready for the Jets.
http://www.denverbroncos.com/multimedia/videos/Von-Miller-Press-Conference/4134862b-f5a4-403e-bd3c-8219f2bce1be#?id=4c51c7e2-79d8-4f53-8e29-a4ace4e51f63

I love the way he talks to the media. I like him as a DC anyways. But I love how he doesn't give the media any extra things to talk about that aren't directly related to what he's doing. This may be similar to some coaches, but it's so obvious when he speaks.

They tried to get a Tebow comment from him, but in the part he simply says the defense is happy about winning. They seem to ask if he was trying to get his defense to play better than Rex Ryan's defense and he answered that well. He said that he respects Rex and his defense but went on to say that it isn't his job to worry about the other team's defense or outplay that defense. He's worried about the offense.

I have confidence in him being a head coach one day.

BroncoStud
11-17-2011, 10:39 AM
We have a great pass rush. Imagine how much better we would be with another solid defensive draft...

Jsteve01
11-17-2011, 12:08 PM
We have a great pass rush. Imagine how much better we would be with another solid defensive draft...

great point and I love the OP's point. Allen is going to be a good one.

Dapper Dan
12-23-2012, 01:34 AM
Week 11 - Wednesday: Allen
Defensive Coordinator Dennis Allen talks about getting ready for the Jets.
http://www.denverbroncos.com/multimedia/videos/Von-Miller-Press-Conference/4134862b-f5a4-403e-bd3c-8219f2bce1be#?id=4c51c7e2-79d8-4f53-8e29-a4ace4e51f63

I love the way he talks to the media. I like him as a DC anyways. But I love how he doesn't give the media any extra things to talk about that aren't directly related to what he's doing. This may be similar to some coaches, but it's so obvious when he speaks.

They tried to get a Tebow comment from him, but in the part he simply says the defense is happy about winning. They seem to ask if he was trying to get his defense to play better than Rex Ryan's defense and he answered that well. He said that he respects Rex and his defense but went on to say that it isn't his job to worry about the other team's defense or outplay that defense. He's worried about the offense.

I have confidence in him being a head coach one day.

U so smart

Northman
12-23-2012, 09:17 AM
Oooops

Joel
12-23-2012, 10:01 PM
... surely wishes he'd stayed in Denver so John Fox, Champ, Doom, Miller and all the guys who stepped up when the starters sucked too hard to keep their jobs would have everyone talking about how great HE is instead of Del Rio. The Raiders, on the other hand, surely wish their front office didn't make all its management decisions at 9AM on New Years Day. :tongue:

Denver Native (Carol)
12-23-2012, 10:48 PM
... surely wishes he'd stayed in Denver so John Fox, Champ, Doom, Miller and all the guys who stepped up when the starters sucked too hard to keep their jobs would have everyone talking about how great HE is instead of Del Rio. The Raiders, on the other hand, surely wish their front office didn't make all its management decisions at 9AM on New Years Day. :tongue:

Friday on the Fan, Alfred Williams said that Del Rio was a MAJOR step up from Allen

Joel
12-23-2012, 10:56 PM
Friday on the Fan, Alfred Williams said that Del Rio was a MAJOR step up from Allen
Yeah, I saw that, but am still not wholly convinced. It's not like our D was awful last year, though the secondary sure was, but it didn't have Adams and Leonhard at safety or Porter at CB. It also didn't have Brooking at MLB. The talent is a lot better on this years D, but last years was still good enough many people insisted (and still do) it was the only reason we made the playoffs, let alone won a game. How much of our Ds performance then AND now is due to Allen or Del Rio rather than Fox is very hard to say, since Fox is the one who's been here longest and it's only his second year.

I can't help wondering if Del Rio is looking at Dennis Allens first year with the Raiders and thinking, Y'know, coaching Champ, Doom and Von under Fox isn't such a bad gig....​ ;)

BroncoNut
12-23-2012, 11:04 PM
I'm confused. doesnt' he coach for KC?

Dapper Dan
12-23-2012, 11:05 PM

Kansas City has a black coach. Allen coaching for that black team.

BroncoNut
12-23-2012, 11:29 PM
Kansas City has a black coach. Allen coaching for that black team.

wtf? you are in Kentucky arent' you?

Joel
12-23-2012, 11:58 PM
Nope, that's Romeo. The Raiders snaked Allen from us because last year ago everyone (including most of our fans) thought our D pretty impressive, and knew Chokelands was awful. Ours is even better now, and theirs is still awful; the DC may not have been (or be) our X-factor. ;)

Dapper Dan
12-24-2012, 01:15 AM
wtf? you are in Kentucky arent' you?

Reckon.

dogfish
12-24-2012, 05:01 AM
yea. . . his team is 4-11, and he'll be lucky if he doesn't get fired. . . i wouldn't dislocate your shoulder patting yourself on the back. . .

:lol: