PDA

View Full Version : true fans??

truedenver
11-16-2011, 05:54 PM
Ok so first off let me state that I have no hard feelings toward Tim Tebow and actually enjoy having him on the team.

But with that said I feel like half of the fan base is split now. I especially feel like most people don't even like the broncos and just started liking the broncos because Tebow joined the team.

No wonder we haven't done good.. how do we win games if our fanbase is all Tebow and no one else. Not saying there isn't fans of the team just I'm tired of hearing all the Tebow hype and would rather worry about the team as a whole! I'd rather Tebow fans would call themselves Tebow fans instead of Denver fans.

Anybody else feel this way or just me. Its been this way in real life with people i know and some people i hear

SR
11-16-2011, 05:56 PM
How do fans' opinions have any bearing on how well the team does?

Dapper Dan
11-16-2011, 05:59 PM
I've been a Broncos fan since the early 90's. I hadn't dealt with fans actually from Denver because I hadn't been there. But after going on message boards and going to Denver, I became pretty disappointed in the fan base. And that was before Tebow came.

People care more about who's right than who wins.

wayninja
11-16-2011, 06:11 PM
We've done better than I thought we would.

Thestrategist1
11-16-2011, 06:12 PM
I've been a Broncos fan since the early 90's. I hadn't dealt with fans actually from Denver because I hadn't been there. But after going on message boards and going to Denver, I became pretty disappointed in the fan base. And that was before Tebow came.

I agree with your statement here and that holds true here more then anywhere else I go!!!!

Back to the topic, What I think is happening is the team has been down in the dumps since our last superbowl and when Elway retired the fanbase has kinda withered away over the years, even when Plummer took us to the AFC Championship we still didnt get to into it. Now with Tebow, the actual fanbase is picking back up, the Mile High excitment is coming back a little at a time and of course with Tebow came the UF fans. there are true Bronco fans that sit on the fence or just plain dont believe yet but I think that is because of years of let down and there afraid if they actually commit themselves wholeheartedly then the Broncos will just dissapoint them again.

I have been a fan since 84' and we had a great run with Elway but its been pretty crappy since he retired but now I am re-energized by our 2nd year product from Florida who people said could revolutionize the game, I personally cant wait week to week to see if this works out. The last time I saw this team garner such attention was when we had Elway and its always a good thing to be in the disscusions and not passed over for Pats,Colts,Saints Falcons,GB,Chi etc etc...

UnderArmour
11-16-2011, 06:19 PM
I don't think the fan base is that split. When Orton was pulled, most of us cheered and were cautiously optimistic, some more optimistic than others. When we won in Miami, many of us were either cautiously pessimistic or cautiously optimistic. When we lost in Detroit, we were definitely split but when you get your ass kicked that bad, who wouldn't be a little upset? But when we won in Oakland and then we won in Kansas City, the Tebow train is gaining passengers with every jab by the media and with every win. Don't let the media's barrage of criticism of Tebow blind you to the state of the fan base right now. This is the same media that led people to think that those calling for Tebow were the minority and that the majority of fans wanted Orton to still be the QB. Most of the Tebow fans have been around since he was drafted otherwise it's just typical cheering for exciting players and nothing more.

Dzone
11-16-2011, 06:21 PM
Dont make no shit to me. As long as peeps are cheering for the Broncos, who the hell cares why?

chazoe60
11-16-2011, 06:22 PM
Sometimes I think the people complaining that "half our fans are Tebow fans" have forgotten that we've had 40+ years of consecutive sellouts.

I don't think Tim has played for us THAT long.

Thestrategist1
11-16-2011, 06:25 PM
Sometimes I think the people complaining that "half our fans are Tebow fans" have forgotten that we've had 40+ years of consecutive sellouts.

I don't think Tim has played for us THAT long.

We had a 40yr sellout but when I was at the Lions game, I was surrounded by Lions fans and 4,000 people didnt even bother showing up. Hopefully that changes tomorrow night!

GEM
11-16-2011, 06:31 PM

Unfortunately that isn't a football thing, that is a human ego thing.

catfish
11-16-2011, 07:12 PM
Unfortunately that isn't a football thing, that is a human ego thing.

that's why I HATE humans ;)

dogfish
11-16-2011, 07:20 PM
How do fans' opinions have any bearing on how well the team does?

i'm also trying to figure this out. . .

wayninja
11-16-2011, 07:24 PM
i'm also trying to figure this out. . .

It's an eastern philosophy/Quantum Mechanics actualization thing.

lgenf
11-16-2011, 07:39 PM
Yeah there are a bunch of fans that joined the team once Tebow was drafted, and many if not ALL of us live outside the Denver area so most of us did not grow up broncos fans, because most of us were fans of our local teams

So quit your beotchn cause WE'RE WINNING and that's all that matters

I Eat Staples
11-16-2011, 08:06 PM

I don't think this is true. Everyone loves being right deep down, but most of us value wins more. Being right is usually just the consolation prize.

catfish
11-16-2011, 08:14 PM
I don't think this is true. Everyone loves being right deep down, but most of us value wins more. Being right is usually just the consolation prize.

plus everyone enjoys bitching, it is a universal trait :) I recall wins in college football where we won by 3 TDs, and were pissed that we didn't win by 5 and that the D gave up a single TD

I Eat Staples
11-16-2011, 08:22 PM
plus everyone enjoys bitching, it is a universal trait :) I recall wins in college football where we won by 3 TDs, and were pissed that we didn't win by 5 and that the D gave up a single TD

Yeah that's normal. It's always good to strive for perfection and that translates to our sports teams.

catfish
11-16-2011, 08:24 PM
Yeah that's normal. It's always good to strive for perfection and that translates to our sports teams.

plus the game is much easier to play from the comfort of my couch with a cold beer in my hand. I would have made all those throws/catches :)

Dapper Dan
11-16-2011, 09:45 PM
I guess it's like my High School History teacher said,"I believe people are happiest when they're complaining"

BroncoWave
11-16-2011, 10:18 PM
This isn't even close to the most split this fanbase has been. We were way more split over Jake/Jay, Cutler/Orton, and Shanny/McD. This is nothing compared to that. Everyone at least likes and is rooting for Tebow, and the disagreement on him has been pretty respectful compared to those other feuds.

rationalfan
11-16-2011, 10:22 PM
"true fans" wouldn't worry about who the true fans are.

BroncoWave
11-16-2011, 10:23 PM
"true fans" wouldn't worry about who the true fans are.

Or people with a life.

rationalfan
11-16-2011, 10:25 PM
Yeah there are a bunch of fans that joined the team once Tebow was drafted, and many if not ALL of us live outside the Denver area so most of us did not grow up broncos fans, because most of us were fans of our local teams

You're assuming quite a bit here.

Dapper Dan
11-16-2011, 10:36 PM
Or people with a life.

I have tons of lives on Call of Duty.

OrangeHoof
11-17-2011, 03:59 AM
Ok so first off let me state that I have no hard feelings toward Tim Tebow and actually enjoy having him on the team.

But with that said I feel like half of the fan base is split now. I especially feel like most people don't even like the broncos and just started liking the broncos because Tebow joined the team.

No wonder we haven't done good.. how do we win games if our fanbase is all Tebow and no one else. Not saying there isn't fans of the team just I'm tired of hearing all the Tebow hype and would rather worry about the team as a whole! I'd rather Tebow fans would call themselves Tebow fans instead of Denver fans.

Anybody else feel this way or just me. Its been this way in real life with people i know and some people i hear

And you SIGNED UP just so you could post this very question. How curious.

Let me tell you something. The last time this was one big happy fan base was before Jake Plummer arrived. Then Cutler arrived and it was Jake vs Jay. Then Shanahan was fired and it was Mike vs Josh and soon it was Josh vs Jay and then Josh vs Brandon and then Jay vs Kyle and Kyle vs Brady until Tebow arrived and it became Kyle vs St. Timothy. So there were plenty of warring tribes around before His Holiness showed up and it will probably continue as long as he and his unorthodox form of quarterbacking are here, win or lose.

It's all about the Ws and until we start seeing them again on a regular basis, we are going to see turf wars about who's right and who's a moron. That's what happens on this thing called the internet. If you haven't the stomach for it, probably best to stick with watching television where you are told what to think.

slim
11-17-2011, 07:52 AM
Recon220 is the one true fan.

Dreadnought
11-17-2011, 08:25 AM
Recon220 is the one true fan.

True. Recon220 had a level of fan purity that raised him even above the mere raging douche level. Jagsbch by comparison was not a true fan, probably because he received inside intel regarding the evil plots of Elway and Fox against Tebow through invisible radio waves received by his fillings.

chazoe60
11-17-2011, 08:30 AM
True. Recon220 had a level of fan purity that raised him even above the mere raging douche level. Jagsbch by comparison was not a true fan, probably because he received inside intel regarding the evil plots of Elway and Fox against Tebow through invisible radio waves received by his fillings.

Dmmit Dread, now I'm going to have to figure out a new means of communication with my boy Jugs.

Down with Elway!

Trailer Park Casanova
11-17-2011, 05:16 PM
This is a very good NFL season for the TV watching football fan.

Most interesting things in the NFL this season:

Watching the 100 Million Dollar Man Vick not earn a dime of his pay.

Watching the Cowboys back into hell once again.

Maybe the Lions will make the playoffs.

The Raiders always have some sort of newsworthy drama. Right now it's dark horse Palmer.

Watching the Packers perhaps go undefeated. ( 85% of 9-0 teams eventually reach the Superbowl since SB I).

But most of all,, IMHO,, watching the Wild Child Tim Tebow prove the huge amount of critics wrong and deliver his team into the playoffs.