PDA

View Full Version : Don't mind me, but Tim Tebow just became an entire 'team'

gatorpower
11-16-2011, 01:55 PM
This is one of the many reasons I hate the media.

If any of you listened to the NFL.com voice over for the Broncos highlights, they made a point to mock how Tebow hadn't had a completion in the first half. They voiced over one of his two incompletions in slow-motion, from multiple angles with commentary about how bad he was at passing the ball.

They then showed his first pass completion at the 8 minute mark of the third quarter, a 10 yard pick up, with the commentary, "his first pass completion of the day in the third quarter". Hahahaha, we get it.

Then they post this article on their site a few days later. Apparently the Broncos aren't a team anymore. At #21, the team is called "Tebow" with the following:

"Tebowlicious was solid Sunday. Which of his two completed passes was your favorite? Solid TEAM win for the Broncos at Arrowhead, a stadium that has often been a house of horrors for this franchise. Since 1990, the Broncos had won six of 21 games there. Dante Hall, anyone? Denver pulled off some serous 1935 football, running the first 14 plays of the game. Amazing. Defensively, don't forget about Von Miller. The second overall pick had seven tackles and 1.5 sacks."

HOW MANY OTHER QUARTERBACKS GETS THIS KIND OF MOCKING BULLSHIT?

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d824260b3/article/top-10-gets-a-shakeup-after-big-wins-by-pats-texans-bears

dogfish
11-16-2011, 02:00 PM
so?

Npba900
11-16-2011, 02:00 PM
Tebow is playing a high risk chance that he's going to get injured between game 10 to 16. Without Tim in there taking every snap the Tebow-Spread Option will come to a withering stop!

MOtorboat
11-16-2011, 02:02 PM
That one person (not nfl.com) mocked every single team...it's clearly a very sarcastic "power ranking."

Jeesh you Gator fans are finicky.

LTC Pain
11-16-2011, 02:04 PM
so?

Quad!

SR
11-16-2011, 02:06 PM
Get over it.

BCJ
11-16-2011, 02:07 PM

Only the ones who have crazy, psyco, zombie-like tendacies to react like you just did! Listen Tebow fan and not Broncos fan, the article compliments the whole team in winning in a tough environment with tongue in cheek. It is funny but we are winning. You do realize that your Savior, Tim Tebow, had gone exactly 60 minutes between the two games without completing a pass? That just doesn't happen in the NFL anymore.
My advice is stop bitching and stop posting. You are exactly the stereotype of what most see in a Tebow fan. Relax and enjoy the wins and have the last laugh. Please do not go to the other Broncos website that isnt the official team one. We already see MacGruder and Alpha Seirra lick Tebow's nutsack. Unless I am mistaken, Tebow's 2 gonads are taken already by those two yahoos.

GEM
11-16-2011, 02:15 PM
Ya know how Tebow can shut them up....complete some more passes. Until he does, keep expecting it, let it roll off your shoulder and enjoy a TEAM win.

jhildebrand
11-16-2011, 02:21 PM
So it is ok to be Tebow all the time when he is on the bench behind Orton. It is ok to be Tebow all the time when he does well or if it is positive in nature. But it isn't ok to criticize the guy legitimately? :confused:

I couldn't care less what the media says about the guy or how they go about it-from Hoge to Carter. I just don't care. I do care how the team, locker room, FO, and Elway view the kid. I care about the wins! All the other superfluous stuff is just BS chatter.

arapaho2
11-16-2011, 03:00 PM
Ya know how Tebow can shut them up....complete some more passes. Until he does, keep expecting it, let it roll off your shoulder and enjoy a TEAM win.

suddenly i feel the need to see you in a string bikini:listen:

Dapper Dan
11-16-2011, 04:19 PM
The most annoying part to me is how much the media is all over Tebow. Usually negatively. But regardless, he doesn't even say or do anything to get so much attention. And he doesn't really seem like he welcomes it so much. He is a team player and cares about the Broncos. But when it comes to the media and the Broncos, they only want to talk about Tebow. Look at who Tebow talks about. The offensive linemen, the rbs, the wrs, the defense, the coaching staff, etc. He's not self centered. But people will hate him because they hear too much about him.

And everyone wants to blame the "Tebowmaniacs", but the haters are just as bad if not worse. By the way, I hate Florida. The entire state. I like the Gators as much as I like the Raiders. I was a Broncos fan way before Tebow came.

weazel
11-16-2011, 04:22 PM

If any of you listened to the NFL.com voice over for the Broncos highlights, they made a point to mock how Tebow hadn't had a completion in the first half. They voiced over one of his two incompletions in slow-motion, from multiple angles with commentary about how bad he was at passing the ball.

They then showed his first pass completion at the 8 minute mark of the third quarter, a 10 yard pick up, with the commentary, "his first pass completion of the day in the third quarter". Hahahaha, we get it.

Then they post this article on their site a few days later. Apparently the Broncos aren't a team anymore. At #21, the team is called "Tebow" with the following:

"Tebowlicious was solid Sunday. Which of his two completed passes was your favorite? Solid TEAM win for the Broncos at Arrowhead, a stadium that has often been a house of horrors for this franchise. Since 1990, the Broncos had won six of 21 games there. Dante Hall, anyone? Denver pulled off some serous 1935 football, running the first 14 plays of the game. Amazing. Defensively, don't forget about Von Miller. The second overall pick had seven tackles and 1.5 sacks."

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d824260b3/article/top-10-gets-a-shakeup-after-big-wins-by-pats-texans-bears

so what did you want them to do, lie? or better yet, dress a guy up like tebow and make false highlights of how well he passed the ball?

weazel
11-16-2011, 04:22 PM
suddenly i feel the need to see you in a string bikini:listen:

let's make this happen. shall we?

jhildebrand
11-16-2011, 04:34 PM

http://www.secsportsfan.com/images/tim-tebow-cry-baby-picture-21345481.jpg

vhatever
11-16-2011, 04:48 PM

Maybe his worthless receivers start catching balls he can start making passes? half his "incompletions" the last two games have been DROPPED PASSES.

Do you people even watch the games?

Dapper Dan
11-16-2011, 04:52 PM
Tebow haters-STOP HATING TEBOW. HE'S A BRONCO.
Tebow fans-STOP HATING WRS/COACHES/OL/WHATEVER THE HELL ELSE. THEY'RE ALL BRONCOS.
"Logical Bronco's fans"-ACTUALLY BE LOGICAL.

And I rarely use all caps.

gatorpower
11-16-2011, 05:12 PM
LOL I knew I could count on you guys.

SM19
11-16-2011, 05:19 PM

Uh, lots of them?

Northman
11-16-2011, 05:25 PM
Maybe his worthless receivers start catching balls he can start making passes? half his "incompletions" the last two games have been DROPPED PASSES.

Or the flipside, the ones he throws in the dirt, 10 feet over the receivers head, etc. There's plenty of blame to go around that isnt just on the receivers.

vhatever
11-16-2011, 05:29 PM
Or the flipside, the ones he throws in the dirt, 10 feet over the receivers head, etc. There's plenty of blame to go around that isnt just on the receivers.

Ya, well, go ahead and show me a QB who is still essentially in his rookie year and not make a couple errant passes. The reality is, as a passer, only aaron rodgers has a better TD to interception ratio than Tebow. Only aaron rodgers. Think about that for a bit.

catfish
11-16-2011, 05:29 PM

when you answer them you are just encouraging them, just roll up the paper give em a smack and say NO. BAD. NO BISCUIT

HORSEPOWER 56
11-16-2011, 05:30 PM
Tebow is playing a high risk chance that he's going to get injured between game 10 to 16. Without Tim in there taking every snap the Tebow-Spread Option will come to a withering stop!

People keep saying that. Where's your evidence to support this argument?

- Matt Cassell, pocket passer, out for the season from getting smoked repeatedly IN THE POCKET.

- Matt Schaub, pocket passer, out for the season from getting hit IN THE POCKET.

- Peyton Manning, out for the season from being hit one too many times IN THE POCKET.

- Ben Roethlisbeger, scrambling - but not running QB, broken thumb from being hit IN THE POCKET.

- Michael Vick, scrambling/running QB, broken ribs - not from running but from being hit IN THE POCKET.

- Jason Campbell, scrambling - but not running QB, out for season from being hit IN THE POCKET.

Where are your examples? Once again, if the QB is running, he has a better opportunity to avoid contact by picking and choosing when to lower his pads and when to slide/step out of bounds. QBs are sitting ducks in the pocket and as our own pass rush has proven the last few weeks, prone to getting jacked up.

Now, do you have a counter argument or are you just going to recycle more media spewed bullshit that has no basis in fact?

vhatever
11-16-2011, 05:31 PM
when you answer them you are just encouraging them, just roll up the paper give em a smack and say NO. BAD. NO BISCUIT

Encourage what, the truth? That's what you can't handle. It's much easier to simply deny the truth than deal with it.

RebelRocker
11-16-2011, 05:50 PM

That's what happens when you spend more time doing commercials and tv interviews when you should be honing your REAL craft. He did this to himself by putting himself out there to the media. He's a polarizing figure and a big money draw.

He's an easy target and it's self-inflicted.

GEM
11-16-2011, 05:53 PM

Go find a Gator site, fanboi.

GEM
11-16-2011, 05:57 PM
Ya, well, go ahead and show me a QB who is still essentially in his rookie year and not make a couple errant passes. The reality is, as a passer, only aaron rodgers has a better TD to interception ratio than Tebow. Only aaron rodgers. Think about that for a bit.

:lol: Don't use Aaron Rodgers and Tim Tebow in the same sentence. It's flat out embarrassing for you to do so. TD to INT ratio is the ONLY thing those 2 have in common as far as being a QB goes.

vhatever
11-16-2011, 05:59 PM
Go find a Gator site, fanboi.

That's a pretty pathetic comeback. I don't even watch college football, and I doubt you do either.

:lol: Don't use Aaron Rodgers and Tim Tebow in the same sentence. It's flat out embarrassing for you to do so. TD to INT ratio is the ONLY thing those 2 have in common as far as being a QB goes.

Considering turnover ratio is the best statistical indicator of wins/loses, it's the best thing to have in common with a QB leading an undefeated team.

MOtorboat
11-16-2011, 06:04 PM
Encourage what, the truth? That's what you can't handle. It's much easier to simply deny the truth than deal with it.

What exactly is "the truth?"

catfish
11-16-2011, 06:09 PM
That's a pretty pathetic comeback. I don't even watch college football, and I doubt you do either.

Considering turnover ratio is the best statistical indicator of wins/loses, it's the best thing to have in common with a QB leading an undefeated team.

I'm going to go ahead and stop you here. See you are the reason Tebow fans like myself are getting a bad name around here, you come in bitching and moaning about how unfair Tim has had it so far when in reality he has been struggling.Is TD to int important, yes, is it the only important stat,no. Are there problems on this team? Damn straight, but to say that Tebow has nothing to do with it is pure jackassery, you then go on to insult one of the more respected moderators on the forum. Why don't you do us both a favor and go on over to gatorsports.com where you can sing at the top of your lungs how great a QB tebow was and no one will disagree with you. The plain truth is that while Tebow brings some interesting skills to the QB position he still has a long way to go to be a franchise QB, I think he will get there some have legitimate concerns. Pissing and moaning and calling others idiots doesn't help anything as at this point all opinions are conjecture and thus equally valid. If you want to settle down and back up your arguments with facts you will find the people around here reasonable, if not you will be flamed endlessly and my guess is eventually banned. I won't miss a minute of sleep either way.

Signed a Gator grad and Tebow fan

vhatever
11-16-2011, 06:09 PM
What exactly is "the truth?"

The truth is this team has problems everywhere, not just with an unconventional QB, and at nearly every position. tebow is not going to magically turn the franchise into world beaters in a magical season, and doubly so when his coach and elway keep sabotaging him in the press every chance thy get knowing FULL WELL the press already has it's long knives out for tebow.

For whatever reason, fox and elway don't want the broncos winning this season and perhaps the near future , or they are just two of the dumbest people on planet earth.

GEM
11-16-2011, 06:19 PM
The truth is this team has problems everywhere, not just with an unconventional QB, and at nearly every position. tebow is not going to magically turn the franchise into world beaters in a magical season, and doubly so when his coach and elway keep sabotaging him in the press every chance thy get knowing FULL WELL the press already has it's long knives out for tebow.

For whatever reason, fox and elway don't want the broncos winning this season and perhaps the near future , or they are just two of the dumbest people on planet earth.

If they didn't want them winning they would have stuck with status quo and kept Orton as the starter. Duh. They haven't pulled Tebow even though he is winning so how about bringing some logic to your argument.

GEM
11-16-2011, 06:20 PM
I'm going to go ahead and stop you here. See you are the reason Tebow fans like myself are getting a bad name around here, you come in bitching and moaning about how unfair Tim has had it so far when in reality he has been struggling.Is TD to int important, yes, is it the only important stat,no. Are there problems on this team? Damn straight, but to say that Tebow has nothing to do with it is pure jackassery, you then go on to insult one of the more respected moderators on the forum. Why don't you do us both a favor and go on over to gatorsports.com where you can sing at the top of your lungs how great a QB tebow was and no one will disagree with you. The plain truth is that while Tebow brings some interesting skills to the QB position he still has a long way to go to be a franchise QB, I think he will get there some have legitimate concerns. Pissing and moaning and calling others idiots doesn't help anything as at this point all opinions are conjecture and thus equally valid. If you want to settle down and back up your arguments with facts you will find the people around here reasonable, if not you will be flamed endlessly and my guess is eventually banned. I won't miss a minute of sleep either way.

Insults is all the guy has. He's been doing it since getting here. Insults is what you do when you can't handle a civilized conversation. Thanks for the compliment.

vhatever
11-16-2011, 06:32 PM

I don't give a rats ass about Gators, And I don't care about tebow BEYOND the fact he gives the broncos the best chance to win since they bailed on cutler. What I do care about is a coach who either wants this team to lose or is just a total moron. Take your pick. Elway is in the same boat.

GEM
11-16-2011, 06:34 PM
I don't give a rats ass about Gators, And I don't care about tebow BEYOND the fact he gives the broncos the best chance to win since they bailed on cutler. What I do care about is a coach who either wants this team to lose or is just a total moron. Take your pick. Elway is in the same boat.

If he wanted this team to lose, he would have kept Orton in and he would not have adapted the offense around Tebow.

Fox loses his job if he builds up losses. He's doing what he has to to win, catering a college offense to the NFL because at the moment Tebow isn't an NFL calibur QB.

SM19
11-16-2011, 06:38 PM
I really thought this talk about "sabotaging" Tebow would end after we changed our entire offense to a spread option attack just for his sake.

vhatever
11-16-2011, 06:39 PM
If he wanted this team to lose, he would have kept Orton in and he would not have adapted the offense around Tebow.

Fox loses his job if he builds up losses. He's doing what he has to to win, catering a college offense to the NFL because at the moment Tebow isn't an NFL calibur QB.

No, he wants this team to lose with tebow at the helm. If he/they wanted to win ORTON WOULD HAVE NEVER STARTED THIS YEAR AT ALL. If orton was the best option for this team, why the hell were they trying to trade him at the start of the season? You don't need to call sherlock holmes on this one.

GEM
11-16-2011, 06:39 PM
I really thought this talk about "sabotaging" Tebow would end after we changed our entire offense to a spread option attack just for his sake.

Exactly....it's funny to read someone COMPLETELY ignoring the facts because it fits their argument to grasp onto straws. :lol:

GEM
11-16-2011, 06:41 PM
No, he wants this team to lose with tebow at the helm. If he/they wanted to win ORTON WOULD HAVE NEVER STARTED THIS YEAR AT ALL.

That's why he adapted the offense to Tebow's strengths. That's why he continues to let Tebow start even though he's winning...because he wants to lose.

Oh man. This shit is priceless. :laugh:

wayninja
11-16-2011, 06:41 PM
No, he wants this team to lose with tebow at the helm. If he/they wanted to win ORTON WOULD HAVE NEVER STARTED THIS YEAR AT ALL. If orton was the best option for this team, why the hell were they trying to trade him at the start of the season? You don't need to call sherlock holmes on this one.

Wait... what???

Can you send me a brochure outlining your conspiracy theory?

catfish
11-16-2011, 06:42 PM

I apologize, I made an assumption based upon your join date and defense of Tebow. I was mistaken, that is my bad...having said that I will say that pretty much everyone on here has watched all the games they had access to we are all fans for various reasons. I agree Tebow gives them the best chance to win, I disagree about the coaching. From the interviews I have seen recently Fox seems pretty high on Tebow and has put a LOT of effort into building a team that can win with the personell he has on hand

GEM
11-16-2011, 06:45 PM

You do know the fact that they tried trading Orton and then brought him back as a starter is a further indictment to just how far Tebow is from being an NFL caliber QB, right? :laugh:

They had to construct an ENTIRE offense differently just because Tebow can't pass to the level of a lower caliber NFL QB.

What was the excuse during the Miami game when Tim was fluttering passes over the receivers heads and throwing errant passes not even in the vicinity of the receiver.

chazoe60
11-16-2011, 06:47 PM
At first I really thought EFX was going to just force Tebow to play a traditional offense and if he failed they'd be able to say "we tried with Tebow but it just didn't work" and that would give them an easy out with the fans. That theory could be somewhat considered a conspiracy I suppose, but I was obviously wrong.

Whether or not this is a one year thing or not, one thing is for certain, Fox is doing whatever he can to win now and he is doing it by adapting himself to Tebow not requiring Tebow to adapt to him.

I was not happy with Fox for much of this season but tight now I'm happy as can be. He's taking what was given him and figuring out how to win with it.

I still don't like a lot of McCoy's playcalling, and that may come from Fox but overall I'm pleased. I wish we'd have played Tebow from week one. I wish the coaches could have seen what a ton of fans have seen for a long time now, Orton sucks.

So it's not perfect but the Fox is intentionally trying to lose argument is just plain stupid.

vhatever
11-16-2011, 06:49 PM
That's why he adapted the offense to Tebow's strengths. That's why he continues to let Tebow start even though he's winning...because he wants to lose.

Oh man. This shit is priceless. :laugh:

WTF did he "adapt" on the offense. That's a media talking point not a lefitmate change. As someone apply quoted already, steve young, a pretty good QB ismelf, would have been disgusted by Fox's handling of Tebow this year. Young has no connection or job connected to the broncos team whatsoever. He would have been disgusted with fox. Sorry "gem", but young > you.

chazoe60
11-16-2011, 06:51 PM
What the Hell are you talking about?

weazel
11-16-2011, 06:52 PM

if he wanted the team to lose with Tebow at the helm, he would let Tebow throw the ball. He changed the offense to let timmy keep the ball in his or the running backs hands so tebow has a shot at winning the game.

this fanboi mentality is ridiculous.

spikerman
11-16-2011, 06:55 PM
WTF did he "adapt" on the offense. That's a media talking point not a lefitmate change. As someone apply quoted already, steve young, a pretty good QB ismelf, would have been disgusted by Fox's handling of Tebow this year. Young has no connection or job connected to the broncos team whatsoever. He would have been disgusted with fox. Sorry "gem", but young > you.

Wait, you're basing your argument on what someone thinks Steve Young would think ? Really? :confused:

SM19
11-16-2011, 06:56 PM
Hypothetical Steve Young just brings so much valuable coaching experience to the table.

vhatever
11-16-2011, 06:56 PM
Wait, you're basing your argument on what someone thinks Steve Young would think ? Really? :confused:

Huh? Steve young was on ESPN today saying that if he were tebow he would have been disgusted by Fox. There were no telepaths involved.

spikerman
11-16-2011, 06:58 PM
Huh? Steve young was on ESPN today saying that if he were tebow he would have been disgusted by Fox. There were no telepaths involved.

If you go back and read your post you may see where the confusion comes from.

catfish
11-16-2011, 07:07 PM
You do know the fact that they tried trading Orton and then brought him back as a starter is a further indictment to just how far Tebow is from being an NFL caliber QB, right? :laugh:

They had to construct an ENTIRE offense differently just because Tebow can't pass to the level of a lower caliber NFL QB.

What was the excuse during the Miami game when Tim was fluttering passes over the receivers heads and throwing errant passes not even in the vicinity of the receiver.

I would say lack of time with the number ones and it being his first start of the year. I agree that Tebow has some issues, but lets not get too carried away in the other direction

GEM
11-16-2011, 07:17 PM
I would say lack of time with the number ones and it being his first start of the year. I agree that Tebow has some issues, but lets not get too carried away in the other direction

At this point in time, Tim is not where he needs to be. There are a lot of contributing factors to this, and a lot falls at the feet of the Broncos. But let's not fool ourselves that the Broncos would have changed their offense this drastically if Tim were where he needs to be.

I love the kid, I hope he works out but I'm not holding my breath.

vhatever
11-16-2011, 07:22 PM
if he wanted the team to lose with Tebow at the helm, he would let Tebow throw the ball. He changed the offense to let timmy keep the ball in his or the running backs hands so tebow has a shot at winning the game.

this fanboi mentality is ridiculous.

Nothing "fanboi" about it, unless you mean broncos fanboi.

immediately after the last game, Fox said in the post game press conference that only 8 passes in the game WAS NOT AN INDICTMENT ON TEBOW. Then he later says that if tebow was running a "regular offense", he would be screwed? That's QUITE and indictment of a comment! Tebow looked really good all last year, and the games he came in for otron before being named the starter while running a "regular offense", too. So how did he come to hthis conclusion? He looked better than orton at least. Fox's "boy"?

Like i said and I tire of saying, there is something rotten in denmark. Why are elway and fox talking out of two sides of their mouth when they know full well the media will dive after any comment related to tebow? They are either dumb or want this team to tank, take your pick.

catfish
11-16-2011, 07:25 PM
At this point in time, Tim is not where he needs to be. There are a lot of contributing factors to this, and a lot falls at the feet of the Broncos. But let's not fool ourselves that the Broncos would have changed their offense this drastically if Tim were where he needs to be.

I love the kid, I hope he works out but I'm not holding my breath.

I don't know it is possible Fox looked at where his weapons were on the offense and changed the plan to match the strengths of the team.

Fox has a history of wanting to try the option in the pros(or so I have read). maybe he saw a team with a struggling wr core with lloyd gone, a o-line that struggles in pass protection and a QB that has accuracy issues but had a good RB, a great run blocking O-line and a great running QB and a better defense and said the way to compete isn't trying to go score for score against teams with superior talent, but to wear them down using an unstoppable run game

for example

dogfish
11-16-2011, 07:28 PM
Nothing "fanboi" about it, unless you mean broncos fanboi.

immediately after the last game, Fox said in the post game press conference that only 8 passes in the game WAS NOT AN INDICTMENT ON TEBOW. Then he later says that if tebow was running a "regular offense", he would be screwed? That's QUITE and indictment of a comment! Tebow looked really good all last year, and the games he came in for otron before being named the starter while running a "regular offense", too. So how did he come to hthis conclusion? He looked better than orton at least. Fox's "boy"?

Like i said and I tire of saying, there is something rotten in denmark. Why are elway and fox talking out of two sides of their mouth when they know full well the media will dive after any comment related to tebow? They are either dumb or want this team to tank, take your pick.

dude, take off the tinfoil hat and come down from the grassy knoll. . . .

vhatever
11-16-2011, 07:31 PM
dude, take off the tinfoil hat and come down from the grassy knoll. . . .

Go ahead and explain how the comment "tebow would be screwed in a regular offense" is not an indictment of tebow as a QB? Keep in mind Young said he would have been disgusted with those comments before you try to downplay them.

Until then, **** with your tinfoil nonsense because you refuse to actually use your brain or follow any of elway/fox's compeltely bullshit comments this seaseon.

catfish
11-16-2011, 07:34 PM
Go ahead and explain how the comment "tebow would be screwed in a regular offense" is not an indictment of tebow as a QB? Keep in mind Young said he would have been disgusted with those comments before or if yu try to downplay them.

Until then, **** with your tinfoil nonsense because you refuse to actually use your brain or follow any of elway/fox's compeltely bullshit comments this seaseon.

it could be a comment on the overall teams lack of ability in th passing game from the recievers not getting open to the line not blocking to a newish qb struggling while the game slowed down....that is how I took it anyway

vhatever
11-16-2011, 07:39 PM
it could be a comment on the overall teams lack of ability in th passing game from the recievers not getting open to the line not blocking to a newish qb struggling while the game slowed down....that is how I took it anyway

No, cause then he would of said the TEAM would have been screwed, not tebow, It's FOX that's making it about tebow, not the team or the shape the team is currently in! No one put those words in his mouth. This is two people: fox and elway, looking for a scapegoat and/or building on up for the fall. Nothing more. Any honest person with an IQ over 10 who has read fox/elways comments since this preseason would recognize as much.

MOtorboat
11-16-2011, 07:41 PM
Go ahead and explain how the comment "tebow would be screwed in a regular offense" is not an indictment of tebow as a QB?

Of course it is.

That's on Tebow, not Fox.

vhatever
11-16-2011, 07:48 PM
Of course it is.

That's on Tebow, not Fox.

No, it's on fox because he just previously said that only throwing it 8 times was not an indictment of tebow as QB. Tebow already showed he can run a regular offense better than orton, fox's previous number 1, so it's in no way "on tebow". This about fox the liar and his enabler and liar in arms elway.

Slick
11-16-2011, 07:51 PM
This is hilarious.

Mobile Post via http://Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

MOtorboat
11-16-2011, 07:55 PM
No, it's on fox because he just previously said that only throwing it 8 times was not an indictment of tebow as QB. Tebow already showed he can run a regular offense better than orton, fox's previous number 1, so it's in no way "on tebow". This about fox the liar and his enabler and liar in arms elway.

I love it. Tebow isn't good because Fox lied to the media...

chazoe60
11-16-2011, 07:57 PM
I get it now, this is Jugs' new account.

catfish
11-16-2011, 07:57 PM
No, cause then he would of said the TEAM would have been screwed, not tebow, It's FOX that's making it about tebow, not the team or the shape the team is currently in! No one put those words in his mouth. This is two people: fox and elway, looking for a scapegoat and/or building on up for the fall. Nothing more. Any honest person with an IQ over 10 who has read fox/elways comments since this preseason would recognize as much.

Well in their interviews this week Elway said Tebow played very very well, and Fox took time out to explain that the worm burner that Tebow threw on his 6th attempt was a good football decision and not a bad pass. I have no doubt that Fox and Elway wish Tebow was a more accurate passer, but at this point I think they are happy that he has the ability to get them some wins while he develops. I agree that fox/elway seemed negative during the preseason, but I think they are starting to see the potential.

GEM
11-16-2011, 08:03 PM
We are winning. I am pissed. *falls on ground kicking and screaming*

vhatever
11-16-2011, 08:05 PM
We are winning. I am pissed. *falls on ground kicking and screaming*

I really don't care if you enjoy being lied to. I don't.

spikerman
11-16-2011, 08:06 PM

You should march right down to Dove Valley and tell 'em!

Northman
11-16-2011, 08:07 PM

The question isnt whether a Qb makes errant passes though. What you tried to do was place all the blame elsewhere instead of looking at it objectively. While there has been receivers dropping passes there still has been some very bad passing attempts by Tebow as well. And we arent talking like just some errant passes, we are talking like 10 feet over the receivers head, missing a short screen pass, etc. Im all for talking about the problems of the receivers but when you come in here making that like its the total excuse to Tim's poor accuracy problems than you cant be taken seriously at all.

MOtorboat
11-16-2011, 08:08 PM

If it's any consolation, you weren't actually in the room. So, he technically lied to the reporter.

catfish
11-16-2011, 08:12 PM
The question isnt whether a Qb makes errant passes though. What you tried to do was place all the blame elsewhere instead of looking at it objectively. While there has been receivers dropping passes there still has been some very bad passing attempts by Tebow as well. And we arent talking like just some errant passes, we are talking like 10 feet over the receivers head, missing a short screen pass, etc. Im all for talking about the problems of the receivers but when you come in here making that like its the total excuse to Tim's poor accuracy problems than you cant be taken seriously at all.

would you agree that it appears that the accuracy has at least been improving game to game?

wayninja
11-16-2011, 08:12 PM
...and liar in arms elway.

http://charliepineapple.files.wordpress.com/2011/08/john-elway_rifleman.jpg?w=467&h=700

vhatever
11-16-2011, 08:13 PM
The question isnt whether a Qb makes errant passes though. What you tried to do was place all the blame elsewhere instead of looking at it objectively.

No i didn't. Half of those incompletetions where dropped passes. When tebow has a 70% + completion percentage if his receivers actually caught balls that hit them on the arms and people complain about tebow's "inaccuracy", it's complete bullshit. The receivers need to step it up or people need to shut up about tebow's "inaccuracy" and talk about receiver's butterfingers. The end,

Northman
11-16-2011, 08:15 PM
would you agree that it appears that the accuracy has at least been improving game to game?

Not really. Right now i think Tim is still about 50/50. He has moments where he still seems to struggle and then others (the TD pass to Decker in the last game) he is dead on target. Will he improve? Not sure. This is why in a way im hoping somewhere along the line we wont be able to run the ball as effectively as we have. I want to see him put up 30-40 passes to see if he can be effective consistently in that area. In the long run the running game will always be a help to whatever QB we have. But at some point its going to be shut down and he will need to be able to lead using his arm and thats what im more interested in seeing growth from. As an athlete its not hard to tell he is very good, its the other area that i want to see more of.

Northman
11-16-2011, 08:17 PM
No i didn't. Half of those incompletetions where dropped passes. When tebow has a 70% + completion percentage if his receivers actually caught balls that hit them on the arms and people complain about tebow's "inaccuracy", it's complete bullshit. The receivers need to step it up or people need to shut up about tebow's "inaccuracy" and talk about receiver's butterfingers. The end,

No, no bullshit. Watch the games again. He has had just as many passes hit the turf or go flying over their head as he has hitting them in the hands. Try to spin it all you like your out of your mind. :lol:

catfish
11-16-2011, 08:17 PM

I think the concern is more with the games prior to KC. 8 passes is not enough to pass judgement either way....I would put the % for the KC game at 62.5 % royal should have got the PI call on the one he got a hand on but your point has some merit

SM19
11-16-2011, 08:18 PM
If you're going to pretend to be a Broncos fan, I don't really think constant personal attacks on franchise hero John Elway are the best way to do it.

MOtorboat
11-16-2011, 08:18 PM

Those pesky wide receivers and their drops....

The only pure drop was the shovel pass. Decker maybe should have had the first one. Other than that I don't know where you're coming up with all the drops...

catfish
11-16-2011, 08:19 PM
No, no bullshit. Watch the games again. He has had just as many passes hit the turf or go flying over their head as he has hitting them in the hands. Try to spin it all you like your out of your mind. :lol:

not if you are talking about the KC game he isn't. I saw 1 underthrow on a 50 yd bomb and 1 in the dirt, which fox later explained was a throwaway. I didn't see what I would qualify as a "bad pass" which ones would you qualify as bad?

Northman
11-16-2011, 08:20 PM
not if you are talking about the KC game he isn't. I saw 1 underthrow on a 50 yd bomb and 1 in the dirt, which fox later explained was a throwaway. I didn't see what I would qualify as a "bad pass" which ones would you qualify as bad?

Im talking in a course of all the games he's played in. Not just the KC game.

dennywhite
11-16-2011, 08:20 PM
TV broadcasters drive me nuts, too. Whenever a team is down in a game they will act like they will down forever. And when the tide turns, they have nothing but praises for the team or guy they were just bagging on.

vhatever
11-16-2011, 08:21 PM

The only pure drop was the shovel pass. Decker maybe should have had the first one. Other than that I don't know where you're coming up with all the drops...

Ya, maybe WRs should catch passes that hit them in the hands. Maybe. There were three passes that should have been caught last game, and 5 or 6 last game.

catfish
11-16-2011, 08:22 PM

he also hit ball is the hands, and the deep one to royal was a PI that didn't get called....I am missing one somewhere

NightTerror218
11-16-2011, 08:22 PM

Last game there were "more" dropped passes then "way off" but they were also mostly deep passes too.

Northman
11-16-2011, 08:23 PM
Last game there were "more" dropped passes then "way off" but they were also mostly deep passes too.

Ill state it again, im talking about his body of work. Not just the KC game.

catfish
11-16-2011, 08:25 PM
If you're going to pretend to be a Broncos fan, I don't really think constant personal attacks on franchise hero John Elway are the best way to do it.

who me?

MOtorboat

I honestly cannot believe that was a throwaway. I would have much rather heard the ball slipped, because if that was a throwaway it was borderline grounding and a bad decision, either way. Of course, as this thread highlights we already know Fox lies...

Northman
who me?

I think he is talking about Vag-ever.

catfish
11-16-2011, 08:26 PM

I would agree, but I still see improvement over time. Those games are in the past, as long as he is improving it is headed the right direction. You can't hold Miami and Detroit against him forever

Northman
11-16-2011, 08:27 PM
I honestly cannot believe that was a throwaway. I would have much rather heard the ball slipped,

Interesting you bring that up, when i see that play it looks like Tim wanted to go there but then tried to pull it back at the last minute because of the defender in the area. No proof to that obviously but it didnt look like a clear cut throwaway to me either honestly.

Northman
11-16-2011, 08:29 PM
I would agree, but I still see improvement over time. Those games are in the past, as long as he is improving it is headed the right direction. You can't hold Miami and Detroit against him forever

Not really saying i am man. Im just looking at it objectively. The one thing i will say i think he has improved upon is his composure in the pocket. But i think he still has quite a ways to go yet and hasnt quite improved as much as you claim he has at this point. But, its just a matter of opinion.

catfish
11-16-2011, 08:35 PM
I honestly cannot believe that was a throwaway. I would have much rather heard the ball slipped, because if that was a throwaway it was borderline grounding and a bad decision, either way. Of course, as this thread highlights we already know Fox lies...

you are of course entitled to your opinion. Did you watch the video where he breaks it down? (just curious not being a jerk) throwing it out of bounds wasn't an option and it looked like it could turn into a pick 6 if he tried to complete it. I am willing to take Fox word for it as he really had no reason to point it out if it wasn't true

catfish
11-16-2011, 08:37 PM
Not really saying i am man. Im just looking at it objectively. The one thing i will say i think he has improved upon is his composure in the pocket. But i think he still has quite a ways to go yet and hasnt quite improved as much as you claim he has at this point. But, its just a matter of opinion.

oh I wouldnt say he has improved miles and miles, he is still a work in progres(sound familiar?)...I'm a baby steps kind of guy. If he keeps taking baby steps forward and can still get some wins in the interim I say let him go till he stops progressing then re-analyze

NightTerror218
11-16-2011, 08:38 PM

Well you can state the number of wild passes from game to game has dropped since he first started.

SM19
11-16-2011, 08:39 PM
who me?

No, vhatever. I haven't noticed you doing that at all.

dogfish
11-16-2011, 08:45 PM
Go ahead and explain how the comment "tebow would be screwed in a regular offense" is not an indictment of tebow as a QB? Keep in mind Young said he would have been disgusted with those comments before you try to downplay them.

uh, no-- nice try. . . i'm not about to dignify your ridiculous "elway and fox are out to get tebow" crap by debating it. . . i'm just going to mock it as it deserves. . .

:welcome:

i hereby name you "clown shoes". . .

MOtorboat
11-16-2011, 08:45 PM
you are of course entitled to your opinion. Did you watch the video where he breaks it down? (just curious not being a jerk) throwing it out of bounds wasn't an option and it looked like it could turn into a pick 6 if he tried to complete it. I am willing to take Fox word for it as he really had no reason to point it out if it wasn't true

No, I guess I missed the video, and who is "he?" How can a quarterback not under pressure not have the option to throw it away out of bounds?

I just watched the first "drop" (first pass)

IMO... Decker has his man beat by a step at the 18 yard line and ball is underthrown forcing Decker to slow down for the ball. If the ball was thrown at the right hash mark to the 5 yard line, rather than in between the hash marks at the 10 its a TD. The "drop" comes after that (although it looked like a decent defensive play). Steve Tasker: "It could have been further out in front of Decker on the hash mark."

vhatever
11-16-2011, 08:47 PM
No, vhatever. I haven't noticed you doing that at all.

Me? heh. Well, I did grow up with the media telling me how mediocre Elway was and how great Montana was. few people, until maybe after Elway won a a SB had the balls to say "well maybe if he was throwing to jerry rice and had roger Craig the stat lines might be different. "

Now it's a different story and elway was always up there as an all time great. Bullshit. Elway was the poster boy for the unaccomplished losers in the media. He of all people should know better than this game he has been playing with fox/tebow.

catfish
11-16-2011, 08:55 PM
No, I guess I missed the video, and who is "he?" How can a quarterback not under pressure not have the option to throw it away out of bounds?

I just watched the first "drop" (first pass)

IMO... Decker has his man beat by a step at the 18 yard line and ball is underthrown forcing Decker to slow down for the ball. If the ball was thrown at the right hash mark to the 5 yard line, rather than in between the hash marks at the 10 its a TD. The "drop" comes after that (although it looked like a decent defensive play). Steve Tasker: "It could have been further out in front of Decker on the hash mark."

http://www.nfl.com/videos/denver-broncos/09000d5d82425339/Fox-on-Tebow-s-smarts

there is the video

any ball thrown that far in the air the receiver is going to need to make an adjustment. as an NFL receiver you need to come down with that ball.

here is another link for you, these guys are not Tebow fans, but they give play by play breakdowns of all the Tebow action plays. I use the site to keep my homerism in check when arguing about a pass.

http://eye-on-football.blogs.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/view/22475988/1?mcctag=Tracking%20Tebow

MOtorboat
11-16-2011, 08:59 PM
http://www.nfl.com/videos/denver-broncos/09000d5d82425339/Fox-on-Tebow-s-smarts

there is the video

any ball thrown that far in the air the receiver is going to need to make an adjustment. as an NFL receiver you need to come down with that ball.

here is another link for you, these guys are not Tebow fans, but they give play by play breakdowns of all the Tebow action plays. I use the site to keep my homerism in check when arguing about a pass.

http://eye-on-football.blogs.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/view/22475988/1?mcctag=Tracking%20Tebow

Decker didn't have to adjust to the touchdown, and the ball went just as far in the air.

I'm not trying to debate with you per se, anyway. If someone is going to make ridiculous "drop" arguments, then let's be fair, and that ball was underthrown, whether Decker should have had it or not.

I'll see if I can view that on my mobile...

MOtorboat
11-16-2011, 09:09 PM
Pass 2: The "PI" was a terribly thrown pass. It was wobbling terribly, PI or not, and was still a little overthrown.

Pass 3: Way underthrown. Again, Decker had the defense beat. This time by three yards. Sure as hell wasn't a drop. Decker made a few miraculous tips just to try to catch it.

Pass 4: Drop by Royal on the shovel.

That's the first half.

BTW, catfish, the blog you posted can't even get basic stats right, like 0-4 in the first half, not 0-5, so I stopped reading.

Medford Bronco
11-16-2011, 09:14 PM

Maybe vs the jets he can get to at least 10:lol:

MOtorboat
11-16-2011, 09:20 PM
Ball's "drop" wasn't a drop either. Good defensive play by Kendrick Lewis. Maybe he should catch that, maybe he shouldn't, but it still isn't a "drop."

Good pass, though. Have to commend him on making that five yard pass, I guess.

vhatever
11-16-2011, 09:30 PM
Ball's "drop" wasn't a drop either. Good defensive play by Kendrick Lewis. Maybe he should catch that, maybe he shouldn't, but it still isn't a "drop."

Good pass, though. Have to commend him on making that five yard pass, I guess.
He shouldn't of .Don't forget that tebow didn't put enough superglue on the ball before he threw it, that moron.

MOtorboat
11-16-2011, 09:37 PM
He shouldn't of .Don't forget that tebow didn't put enough superglue on the ball before he threw it, that moron.

Didn't put that on Tebow, did I?

Good defensive play. Still not a drop.

smith49
11-16-2011, 09:54 PM
wow!!! all i can say is that this is one of, if not the most funniest threads i have ever read through. OMG.......goooood stuff

nflfan
11-16-2011, 11:43 PM

Ray Rice tops them. He has 1 pass for a TD, no INTs. 100% TD ratio, 100% completion ratio, 0% INT ratio.

Tim is proving he's great at what he does, but passing wise, please do not put Tebow in the same sentence as Rodgers.

Dapper Dan
11-16-2011, 11:45 PM
Aaron Rodgers is a better passer than Tim Tebow.

Same sentence.

Bitches.

turftoad
11-17-2011, 12:08 AM
Me? heh. Well, I did grow up with the media telling me how mediocre Elway was and how great Montana was. few people, until maybe after Elway won a a SB had the balls to say "well maybe if he was throwing to jerry rice and had roger Craig the stat lines might be different. "

Now it's a different story and elway was always up there as an all time great. Bullshit. Elway was the poster boy for the unaccomplished losers in the media. He of all people should know better than this game he has been playing with fox/tebow.

Sorry, but, I'm not so sure you're BRONCOS fan. However, we do you're a Tebow fan. :tsk:

sneakers
11-17-2011, 12:16 AM
No moar Gaytor fans.

SM19
11-17-2011, 12:32 AM
Tebow hasn't thrown many interceptions, true. He also, at one point, led seven consecutive three-and-out drives, so I can't get all that excited about the way he's taken care of the ball.

Dapper Dan
11-17-2011, 12:41 AM
Tebow hasn't thrown many interceptions, true. He also, at one point, led seven consecutive three-and-out drives, so I can't get all that excited about the way he's taken care of the ball.

Right, because punting the ball isn't any better than turnovers. Field position is overrated. :rolleyes:

SM19
11-17-2011, 02:17 AM
Right, because punting the ball isn't any better than turnovers. Field position is overrated. :rolleyes:

Obviously a punt is almost always better than an interception. However, there's some number of punts for which you'd rather have a single interception, no?

nflfan
11-17-2011, 05:04 AM
Aaron Rodgers is a better passer than Tim Tebow.

Same sentence.

Bitches.

LOL, context.

BroncoNut
11-17-2011, 08:42 AM

not really that impressive of a stat, misleading. People need to realize it's too early to be giving statistics with Tim Tebow much consideration

vhatever
11-17-2011, 09:10 AM
not really that impressive of a stat, misleading. People need to realize it's too early to be giving statistics with Tim Tebow much consideration

How is the stat misleading? Explain.

BroncoNut
11-17-2011, 09:24 AM
How is the stat misleading? Explain.

not enough trials with Tebow. IOW, he hasn't played enough games to observe any significant trends in his playing. Especially in comparison to the Aaron Rodgerses, the Drew Bresses, and the Ben Roethlesbergers of the NFL. We can't really go there yet

GEM
11-17-2011, 12:07 PM

Do you want Fox to be completely honest? Ok God's honest truth....

Tebow can't read a defense to save his life. He does not make quick enough decisions to get the ball out to his 1st, 2nd or 3rd read. He has horrible footwork. So therefore we had to dial down the offense to that of a college team. As soon as NFL teams have some video of the kid, we're ******* screwed.

Honest enough for ya?

catfish
11-17-2011, 12:10 PM

Tebow can't read a defense to save his life. He does not make quick enough decisions to get the ball out to his 1st, 2nd or 3rd read. He has horrible footwork. So therefore we had to dial down the offense to that of a college team. As soon as NFL teams have some video of the kid, we're ******* screwed.

Honest enough for ya?

easy there, everyone just take a breath clarification from Fox below

http://m.nfl.com/news/09000d5d8243353f/broncos-coach-fox-clarifies-comment-about-tebow-offense/

GEM
11-17-2011, 12:27 PM
easy there, everyone just take a breath clarification from Fox below

http://m.nfl.com/news/09000d5d8243353f/broncos-coach-fox-clarifies-comment-about-tebow-offense/

He doesn't want to be lied to, so it would be better if Fox just came out with the honest to God truth. :shrugs:

vhatever
11-17-2011, 12:42 PM

Honest enough for ya?

These are media talking points and nothing else. No one here knows if tebow has any problems with his progression or not. They think that because a lot of the time he will take a sack instead of getting rid of it. It could just be he doesn't want to risk an interception and there is no window open for a pass. Are any of the receivers on this team "great"? No. Are any of his tight ends? No.

Right now Tebow's number 1 receiver would be a number 3 receiver on another team, or on the bench all together.

GEM
11-17-2011, 12:46 PM
These are media talking points and nothing else. No one here knows if tebow has any problems with his progression or not. They think that because a lot of the time he will take a sack instead of getting rid of it. It could just be he doesn't want to risk an interception and there is no window open for a pass. Are any of the receivers on this team "great"? No. Are any of his tight ends? No.

Right now Tebow's number 1 receiver would be a number 3 receiver on another team, or on the bench all together.

Uhhhh no...that's my opinion from having watched every game.

He takes a sack because he's held onto the ball far too long and there is no longer a window open to just throw the ball away.

Is he "great"? No.

wayninja
11-17-2011, 12:48 PM

And that justifies him throwing at times 20 yards from any receiver regardless of depth, how?

Get a grip, man. His passing hasn't been great. It hasn't even been good. He's had a few moments and honestly seems to play best when it's make or break. But as far as the numbers go, they can only be massaged so much.

I think he's getting better personally, but I'm not sure how he could get much worse.

wayninja
11-17-2011, 12:49 PM

He takes a sack because he's held onto the ball far too long and there is no longer a window open to just throw the ball away.

Is he "great"? No.

To be fair, 'too long' hasn't really been all that long. Did you see Rogers playing against Minnesota the other night? Dude had like 10 seconds to throw the ball at times, it was disgusting.

vhatever
11-17-2011, 12:52 PM

Is he "great"? No.

For a rookie, his numbers are well above average. No one on our offense is well above average. Not a single player.

wayninja
11-17-2011, 12:54 PM
For a rookie, his numbers are well above average. No one on our offense is well above average. Not a single player.

Yawn, too bad he isn't a rookie.

Keep spewing that nonsense all you want, it's not just an opinion, it's a FACT.

GEM
11-17-2011, 12:56 PM
To be fair, 'too long' hasn't really been all that long. Did you see Rogers playing against Minnesota the other night? Dude had like 10 seconds to throw the ball at times, it was disgusting.

And that is why they are Super Bowl Champs.

This was probably the worst fit for Tebow. He needed to go to a team where all those pieces were already in place.

Our line has played admirably the last couple of weeks in comparison to the beginning of the year.

I understand we are talent challenged, but our QB is just as bad if not worse than the other key positions.

GEM
11-17-2011, 12:59 PM

As wayninja just said, he isn't a rookie. He was not drafted last April. He has had the disadvantage of sitting behind a QB for a year and the lockout. The problem there is....while other "rookies" were working out with qb coaches in the offseason, Tebow was promoting a book and selling underwear. I get he's a hard worker, but he chooses the wrong things to work on.

Make all the excuses you want for him, and tear down Fox, Elway & the rest of the BRONCOS if it makes you feel better....it won't make Tebow any better of a QB.

wayninja
11-17-2011, 12:59 PM
And that is why they are Super Bowl Champs.

This was probably the worst fit for Tebow. He needed to go to a team where all those pieces were already in place.

Our line has played admirably the last couple of weeks in comparison to the beginning of the year.

I understand we are talent challenged, but our QB is just as bad if not worse than the other key positions.

No argument here... just pointing out that holding on to the ball 'too long' when in a Broncos jersey as a passer is a bit different than most other NFL teams.

GEM
11-17-2011, 01:03 PM
No argument here... just pointing out that holding on to the ball 'too long' when in a Broncos jersey as a passer is a bit different than most other NFL teams.

True....but Orton was the king of throwaways behind the same line. That is hardly the biggest knock on Tebow, but vhat should not have painted the picture that he doesn't have time to throw it away.

wayninja
11-17-2011, 01:04 PM
True....but Orton was the king of throwaways behind the same line. That is hardly the biggest knock on Tebow, but vhat should not have painted the picture that he doesn't have time to throw it away.

That's a good point, but now we are just splitting hairs about where we punt from.... :D

vhatever
11-17-2011, 01:18 PM
Do you people seriously watch football? Did you not know there was a lockout this season? Hello?

I'll stop considering tebow a rookie as soon as he has 10-12 starts.

Northman
11-17-2011, 01:23 PM
Do you people seriously watch football? Did you not know there was a lockout this season? Hello?

Everyone had a lockout. :rolleyes:

MOtorboat
11-17-2011, 01:23 PM

Excuse to excuse to excuse.

It couldn't possibly be Tebow's fault ever... :rolleyes:

GEM
11-17-2011, 01:28 PM

Knock off your condescending bullshit.

The only one that appears to not watch NFL football is you. If you had, you would know that Tebow is nowhere near being an NFL caliber QB. Lockout or not, he's years away from being an NFL qb.

It's fans like you that make non-Tebow fans want to not like the guy. After posting with the likes of you, I always regret having said I want the guy to succeed, I want him to do well, I love him as a guy....cause if he wasn't around I wouldn't have to go absolutely insane dealing with the likes of posters like you. Bad mouthing Elway, Fox and the rest of MY football team.

GEM
11-17-2011, 01:29 PM
Send a bulletin to Tebow about the lockout, vhat.

Don't sell underwear and books, get your ass out on a field and become an NFL qb.

wayninja
11-17-2011, 01:47 PM

You can do whatever you want. That doesn't change the fact, that according to the NFL, he's not a rookie.

If you want, I'll call the commish and ask them to keep a second set of numbers for what vhatever defines a rookie as, but don't hold your breath.

catfish
11-17-2011, 01:52 PM
You can do whatever you want. That doesn't change the fact, that according to the NFL, he's not a rookie.

If you want, I'll call the commish and ask them to keep a second set of numbers for what vhatever defines a rookie as, but don't hold your breath.

true but to be fair it also doesn't change the fact that he is currently 1 of exactly 2 offensive weapons you have on your team, maybe people should step back off his throwing ability and appreciate the fact that he can bring something to the table to let this team win a few games

vhatever
11-17-2011, 01:56 PM
Send a bulletin to Tebow about the lockout, vhat.

Don't sell underwear and books, get your ass out on a field and become an NFL qb.

There is no practice, no coaching etc. during a lockout. You can't even use the facilities to take a piss!

MOtorboat
11-17-2011, 02:00 PM
There is no practice, no coaching etc. during a lockout. You can't even use the facilities to take a piss!

No shit?

Northman
11-17-2011, 02:01 PM
true but to be fair it also doesn't change the fact that he is currently 1 of exactly 2 offensive weapons you have on your team, maybe people should step back off his throwing ability and appreciate the fact that he can bring something to the table to let this team win a few games

But we arent in it too just win a FEW games. We want to win a LOT of games and more importantly Super Bowls. And in order to achieve that his accuracy will need to improve which should be discussed. Why it is that people dont want to discuss it is beyond me.

Sure, its nice to win some games but if your a Bronco fan you have to look at the bigger and longterm picture.

slim
11-17-2011, 02:01 PM
No shit?

I think he's right, MO.

slim
11-17-2011, 02:06 PM
During a lockdown, the players are not allowed to leave the building until the proper authorities have given the green light.

I think they are free to take a piss, though.

slim
11-17-2011, 02:10 PM
Lock Jaw (also called Tetanus) is a serious bacterial disease that affects muscles and nerves. It is characterized by muscle stiffness that usually involves the jaw and neck that then progresses to involve other parts of the body.

wayninja
11-17-2011, 02:11 PM

I agree with you, but that's not what this argument is about. I couldn't care less if runs, hands off or throws. Hell, I don't care if fumbles the ball to receivers. As long as we are winning we are doing it right.

off topic; Did Slim get hijacked by Bing or something?

catfish
11-17-2011, 02:11 PM
But we arent in it too just win a FEW games. We want to win a LOT of games and more importantly Super Bowls. And in order to achieve that his accuracy will need to improve which should be discussed. Why it is that people dont want to discuss it is beyond me.

Sure, its nice to win some games but if your a Bronco fan you have to look at the bigger and longterm picture.

If you put a 1st round qb that you pick next year in the draft on this team with the way they are playing now you are going to get him killed. Look to the future all you want, Denver needs to focus on getting to .500 before they focus on the Superbowl. Yes most of the superbowl winners in the last 10 years have had an elite QB, they have also had a top 10 ranked overall defense and elite players at the skill position. IMO this team has much bigger problems than whether a 2nd year QB can get them to the superbowl and constantly running down a player that is helping your team win, regardless of how he does it is a little bit sickening

SM19
11-17-2011, 02:13 PM

That's a nifty little switch you did there, going from "Tebow's well above average for a rookie" to "no one else is well above average (for an NFL player)."

Northman
11-17-2011, 02:18 PM
IMO this team has much bigger problems than whether a 2nd year QB can get them to the superbowl and constantly running down a player that is helping your team win, regardless of how he does it is a little bit sickening

Thats just it, nobody is running him down. They talk about his weak points instead of just glossing over it like you do. Seriously, im quite aware of the other issues on this team and know that those need to be addressed. But to pretend that Tebow doesnt need work himself is just deflection from the apologists.

wayninja
11-17-2011, 02:22 PM
If you put a 1st round qb that you pick next year in the draft on this team with the way they are playing now you are going to get him killed. Look to the future all you want, Denver needs to focus on getting to .500 before they focus on the Superbowl. Yes most of the superbowl winners in the last 10 years have had an elite QB, they have also had a top 10 ranked overall defense and elite players at the skill position. IMO this team has much bigger problems than whether a 2nd year QB can get them to the superbowl and constantly running down a player that is helping your team win, regardless of how he does it is a little bit sickening

I agree with you about everything, but you lost me at the end. I only see a small minority 'running him down'. Most people are pointing out flaws to be sure, but those same people would almost certainly point out flaws no matter who was behind center. Some people are critical for the sake of perfection. That doesn't mean they are 'running [him] down'.

If anything, the 'it can't last' doom and gloom is a bit disheartening sure, but not specifically aimed at Tebow.

catfish
11-17-2011, 02:50 PM
Thats just it, nobody is running him down. They talk about his weak points instead of just glossing over it like you do. Seriously, im quite aware of the other issues on this team and know that those need to be addressed. But to pretend that Tebow doesnt need work himself is just deflection from the apologists.

I have NEVER said Tebow didn't need work, or that he was even an adequate passer. The most positive thing I have ever said about his passing is that I have seen improvement from game to game. I never said he would change the way the game was played or that he would light the world on fire. I never said that he wasn't responsible for his completion% being so low. All I have ever said is that you need to look at everything he bring to the table and take into account and tend to gloss over is the plays that are being called and the personel who he is throwing to. tebow is throwing the 2nd highest number of deep passes(over 15yds in the air) in the league.

Do I think 44% is acceptable, no, do I think completion % matters a whole bunch. also no. the stat I think Tebow needs to worry about is his low Y/A I don't care if he throws 50% for the rest of the season if he can get his YPA up to 8

BroncoNut
11-17-2011, 02:52 PM
Lock Jaw (also called Tetanus) is a serious bacterial disease that affects muscles and nerves. It is characterized by muscle stiffness that usually involves the jaw and neck that then progresses to involve other parts of the body.

Chlostridium Tetani. Nasty fella. Actually caused by toxin which is produced by the bacteria, so it's not a classical "bacterial infection". But essentially you are correct. Good job Slim

Slim where is that post? I will go salute it.

catfish
11-17-2011, 03:03 PM
I agree with you about everything, but you lost me at the end. I only see a small minority 'running him down'. Most people are pointing out flaws to be sure, but those same people would almost certainly point out flaws no matter who was behind center. Some people are critical for the sake of perfection. That doesn't mean they are 'running [him] down'.

If anything, the 'it can't last' doom and gloom is a bit disheartening sure, but not specifically aimed at Tebow.

its mostly the "years from being a NFL QB" statements that have me frustrated, My personal thought is he need to get to around 58% to be a competitive NFL QB with the running game he brings. I think he is the rest of this season and the offseason away from that number, but I think he can reach it. If not then so be it I still think he will be traded to a down and out team who will implement the option.

Foochacho
11-17-2011, 03:33 PM
vhatever, send me a picture of yourself. Planning on shooting this weekend and would love to make some new targets to have fun with.

LTC Pain
11-17-2011, 03:33 PM
vhatever, send me a picture of yourself. Planning on shooting this weekend and would love to make some new targets to have fun with.

Or toilet paper.

vhatever
11-17-2011, 03:37 PM

Ok, but you gotta promise me you'll tell me where you doing the shooting at.

http://robtshepherd.tripod.com/barack-obama.jpg

Foochacho
11-17-2011, 03:41 PM
I knew you were satan.

MOtorboat
11-17-2011, 03:44 PM
I think a Federal crime was just committed.

Foochacho
11-17-2011, 03:53 PM
Uh oh i'm screwed

Foochacho
11-17-2011, 03:55 PM
That's not the president it's the guy from the 'whoop there it is" video. Oh wait, thats still B.O. he just won't admit it.