PDA

View Full Version : iPhone/Android Apps

CoachChaz
11-16-2011, 11:31 AM
With the ongoing debate over which platform is better, I thought a thread that informed/discussed any MUST HAVE apps would be a good idea.

If you have or know of an app that you cant live without or that just makes life easier...share and discuss it here.

MasterShake
11-16-2011, 11:50 AM
My favorite apps on my iPhone are:

1. AroundMe - find anything you could possibly need within a few miles of your location. Bars, banks, ATM machines, food, stores... very useful free app. When our office moved to downtown Golden I was able to find tons of great restaurants.

2. Sportstacular - Great free mobile sports app that lets you set your favorite team in every sport, customize alerts, and keep track of games.

3. The Cracked Reader and The Chive - Based on the sites, tons of great articles and funny pictures to help kill time when you need to.

4. Skyfire - A web browsing app that works around the Flash Player issue on iPhone. Converts the flash media to a compatible form. I watch TV and stream Broncos games all the time on that thing.

5. Any Tower Defense Game - If you are into gaming, Tower Defense games are a good mix of easy to learn but difficult to master making them easy and fun to pick up and play. Tons of options out there including Sentinel, Star Wars: Battle for Hoth, and my personal favorite Army of Darkness.

Thnikkaman
11-16-2011, 12:22 PM
For Android:

1. Amazon App Store -- Get a pay for app for free every day, what's not cool about that?

2. App 2 SD Free or Pro -- An application that detects apps that can be moved to your SD card, alerts you, and allows you to move it over.

3. ES File Explorer -- A file system app that lest you browse the contents of your SD card, or connect ot netowrk, FTP, or cloud shares.

SR
11-16-2011, 02:11 PM
USAA, NFL Mobile, Word With Friends, Pandora, TSN Mobile for iPhone.

CoachChaz
11-16-2011, 02:21 PM
For Android:

1. Amazon App Store -- Get a pay for app for free every day, what's not cool about that?

2. App 2 SD Free or Pro -- An application that detects apps that can be moved to your SD card, alerts you, and allows you to move it over.

3. ES File Explorer -- A file system app that lest you browse the contents of your SD card, or connect ot netowrk, FTP, or cloud shares.

These are the types of apps I know I could use, but never seem to come across. I guess as I get older, I lose a little touch wit the tech world.

underrated29
11-16-2011, 02:24 PM
1-Android Booster- An app that closes unwanted apps/taks and frees up RAM as well as one touch activation of3/4g on off, bluetooth, wireless and auto updates. By far my fav app. I let it run in the background and it saves so much battery and RAM as it closes anything I dont want running.

2- AirControl- You are ATC and have to land a shit load of planes, jets and helicopters without them running into each other. Addictive as hell

3- Aparatus- problem solving puzzle game. There is a cup-more or less- and you have to get this ball into it by building ramps to roll off cliffs, or using a battery and pendulum to hit it in. Very Challenging but my favorite! If you are a thinker you will like this game. If not you will hate it.

4-mp3music downloader- any song, totally free-it freaking rocks.

5- Archipelago- kind of like the game risk. There are x amount of islands on the screen occupied by you and the computers (3) and you have to send your planes over to the other islands to take them over. You send half you fleet each time, but your fleet builds up while dormant. Also a fun strategy game.

CoachChaz
11-16-2011, 02:27 PM
1-Android Booster- An app that closes unwanted apps/taks and frees up RAM as well as one touch activation of3/4g on off, bluetooth, wireless and auto updates. By far my fav app. I let it run in the background and it saves so much battery and RAM as it closes anything I dont want running.

2- AirControl- You are ATC and have to land a shit load of planes, jets and helicopters without them running into each other. Addictive as hell

3- Aparatus- problem solving puzzle game. There is a cup-more or less- and you have to get this ball into it by building ramps to roll off cliffs, or using a battery and pendulum to hit it in. Very Challenging but my favorite! If you are a thinker you will like this game. If not you will hate it.

4-mp3music downloader- any song, totally free-it freaking rocks.

5- Archipelago- kind of like the game risk. There are x amount of islands on the screen occupied by you and the computers (3) and you have to send your planes over to the other islands to take them over. You send half you fleet each time, but your fleet builds up while dormant. Also a fun strategy game.

I use all of these. MP3 Music Download is the greatest things ever

BroncoWave
11-16-2011, 03:01 PM
My favorite apps on my iPhone are:

1. AroundMe - find anything you could possibly need within a few miles of your location. Bars, banks, ATM machines, food, stores... very useful free app. When our office moved to downtown Golden I was able to find tons of great restaurants.

2. Sportstacular - Great free mobile sports app that lets you set your favorite team in every sport, customize alerts, and keep track of games.

3. The Cracked Reader and The Chive - Based on the sites, tons of great articles and funny pictures to help kill time when you need to.

4. Skyfire - A web browsing app that works around the Flash Player issue on iPhone. Converts the flash media to a compatible form. I watch TV and stream Broncos games all the time on that thing.

5. Any Tower Defense Game - If you are into gaming, Tower Defense games are a good mix of easy to learn but difficult to master making them easy and fun to pick up and play. Tons of options out there including Sentinel, Star Wars: Battle for Hoth, and my personal favorite Army of Darkness.

What sites can you use on skyfire to watch Broncos games?

MasterShake
11-16-2011, 03:07 PM
What sites can you use on skyfire to watch Broncos games?

There is a list here: http://www.zeropaid.com/news/95780/how-to-watch-nfl-games-on-the-iphone-ipad-for-free/

Also a good list just for computer streaming.

SR
11-16-2011, 04:09 PM
There is an air traffic control game for the iPhone also called Flight Control. I got a score I can't beat it so I haven't played in a while. Also, the iPhone4 has an "app killer" preprogrammed on the phone.

CoachChaz
11-16-2011, 04:24 PM
There is an air traffic control game for the iPhone also called Flight Control. I got a score I can't beat it so I haven't played in a while. Also, the iPhone4 has an "app killer" preprogrammed on the phone.

I downloaded Advanced Task Killer free for Android. Works like a champ.

I had a flight game as well, but I got bored with it. Seems like it might have been Flight Control for Android. Is that the one where you direct the planes and helicopters by creating a path with your finger and try to land as many as possible without crashes?

SR
11-16-2011, 05:01 PM
That's the one

CoachChaz
11-16-2011, 05:04 PM
That's the one

Yeah, I kind of got bored with it after awhile. it sat on my phone forever without me touching it, so I just dumped it

underrated29
11-16-2011, 05:42 PM
Yeah, I kind of got bored with it after awhile. it sat on my phone forever without me touching it, so I just dumped it

Thats funny you say that because that is the game I play when I am taking a dump.

broncosflow
03-26-2012, 02:16 PM
Draw something.. good time killer.

Warning, its become addicting.

Tned
03-26-2012, 03:15 PM
What's the best flight tracker app? Looking for one that gets things like flight delays the fastest. I need it for Android, but some friends would want an Iphone version.