PDA

View Full Version : NYJ Baffled By Tebow, Broncos

Shazam!
11-16-2011, 10:35 AM
FLORHAM PARK, N.J. — The New York Jets​ have watched as much film as they can gather on Tim Tebow​ and still aren't quite sure what to expect.

They know the Broncos quarterback will run a whole lot Thursday night in Denver's unconventional option-style offense. But will he throw some too? And how much?

"You're looking at formations or personnel groupings that tell you it's going to be a pass, and it's not with this group," Jets coach Rex Ryan​ said Tuesday. "That's a little different, but you better be sound and obviously assume he's running with it."

After spending last week preparing for New England's Tom Brady​, a quarterback they've had plenty of experience playing against, the Jets have only a few days to get ready for a player who's a completely different type of opponent.

"You think of running quarterbacks, and most guys are a little more shifty and kind of got that make-you-miss (style)," safety Jim Leonhard​ said. "He'd rather run you over than run around you. It's just different, a different mentality. He's more like a fullback than a true tailback when he runs the football."

FULL ARTICLE - http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_19344571

Dear Denver Broncos,

PLEASE PLEASE beat the friggin' Jets to shut up their arrogant fans, their big-mouthed Coach, the analysts that hate Tebow and all the haters.

Thanks and good luck,

Shaz

NY resident and longtime Broncos fan

BORDERLINE
11-16-2011, 11:56 AM
How I want this winning streak to continue. We should have beat them last year if it wsn't for that BS P.I call. This time there will be none of that.

Smash Mouth football and here's to Tebow or whoever trucking Reevis on thursday night!!!!

MasterShake
11-16-2011, 12:36 PM
The more I hear about the Jets, the less worried I am about losing this game. They are a finesse team who need to jump to early leads and let their pass defense take over when you are forced to make throws.

We need to start quick and jam the ball down their throat, and we will be fine. Even being down a little bit at the half isn't too big of a deal when you remember how the Oakland game went. We just can't fall behind big early.

BroncoNut
11-16-2011, 12:38 PM
when I think of the Jets, I think of Fred Savage (Kevin Arnold) on the wonder years. man he was a little dick

underrated29
11-16-2011, 12:47 PM
This game scares me more than KC did.

We SUCK BALLS against good passing teams! Now Sanchez is not that great but Holmes and Plax are and so is keller. When teams spread us out they own us. GB, DET, even Oakland was tearing us up (palmer and his 2 starts had 3 tds).....

We HAVE to do Two things in this game.

1.- Get a lead
2. Hit Sanchez right away.

He is like Orton if he gets hit, then he starts to fold. We have to get after him like no ones business. If we can get Von in his head then we will have a chance.

I honestly think that tebow and the offense will do well enough to win. But I think its the defense that lets us down and allows sanchez to pass for 3-4 tds for the win. IMO final score 31-24 jets.

Sanchez is the key to our victory. We own him we own the game! Gosh I am so nervous, but if we win this game. Big IF, but if we do, then I pretty much will take our odds against most other teams on our schedule and say that we perhaps will be in the playoffs.

Trailer Park Casanova
11-16-2011, 12:55 PM
Only thing better than watching the Jets get beat is watching a Cowboys loss.
But close enough to hold your attention.

Tebow will develop into a good, reliable pro quarterback.
He has the mental capacity, the ambition and desire to win,, good coaching and experience will do the rest.

No one wants to hear that.

He's a wild child on the field in action,, but winnin' ugly is still winnin'.

lgenf
11-16-2011, 01:00 PM
LET'S WIN UGLY then

NightTerror218
11-16-2011, 01:01 PM
If Oakland can crush them we can too. Oakland ran it down their throats.

TXBRONC
11-16-2011, 01:03 PM
How I want this winning streak to continue. We should have beat them last year if it wsn't for that BS P.I call. This time there will be none of that.

Smash Mouth football and here's to Tebow or whoever trucking Reevis on thursday night!!!!

The P.I. might have been a little ticky tacky but it wasn't a bad call. I also wouldn't say that's why we lost the game. We had the ball for the last meaningful possession of the game. The play that sealed it for the Jets was a fumbled snap. Now that was not Orton's fault it was Walton. Besides that Denver blew a scoring opportunity or two in the first half.

Denver Native (Carol)
11-16-2011, 03:42 PM
FLORHAM PARK, N.J. — The New York Jets​ have watched as much film as they can gather on Tim Tebow​ and still aren't quite sure what to expect.

They know the Broncos quarterback will run a whole lot Thursday night in Denver's unconventional option-style offense. But will he throw some too? And how much?

"You're looking at formations or personnel groupings that tell you it's going to be a pass, and it's not with this group," Jets coach Rex Ryan​ said Tuesday. "That's a little different, but you better be sound and obviously assume he's running with it."

rest - http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_19344571?source=rss&utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+dp-sports-broncos+%28Denver+Post%3A+Sports%3A+Broncos%29

BORDERLINE
11-16-2011, 08:19 PM
The P.I. might have been a little ticky tacky but it wasn't a bad call. I also wouldn't say that's why we lost the game. We had the ball for the last meaningful possession of the game. The play that sealed it for the Jets was a fumbled snap. Now that was not Orton's fault it was Walton. Besides that Denver blew a scoring opportunity or two in the first half.

On that play if my memory serves me right I believe Holmes or who ever was WR for the Jets pulls Hill and we all know what happened next.

And who can forget Ortons fumble I didn't bring that up because it's just easy to bag on Orton for that. The defensive play was the key. If there was no P.I we would have that win. So nobody expected that out of us last year and we played them tuff. Now nobody thinks we can beat them well they got another thing coming!!!!!:mad:

chazoe60
11-16-2011, 08:45 PM
I'm predicting 20 pass attempts in this game.

DenBronx
11-16-2011, 10:27 PM
JETS suck!!! Lets ruin their playoff hopes!!

dogfish
11-16-2011, 10:31 PM
baffled, and soon to be debacled. . .

i wonder if emmitt would approve of changing the term to "tebacled?"

:D

you chumps just got tebacled!

Superchop 7
11-16-2011, 10:48 PM
"Nobody and I mean no-bod-y comes into our house and pushes us around."

BroncoNut
11-17-2011, 09:00 AM
"Nobody and I mean no-bod-y comes into our house and pushes us around."

Isn't that a line from Billy Bob Thorton's character (ND coach) in the movie "Rudy"?

TXBRONC
11-17-2011, 09:06 AM
On that play if my memory serves me right I believe Holmes or who ever was WR for the Jets pulls Hill and we all know what happened next.

And who can forget Ortons fumble I didn't bring that up because it's just easy to bag on Orton for that. The defensive play was the key. If there was no P.I we would have that win. So nobody expected that out of us last year and we played them tuff. Now nobody thinks we can beat them well they got another thing coming!!!!!:mad:

Yes that P.I. called had an effective on the out come but even with that call we still had a chance to win.

JaxBroncoGirl
11-17-2011, 12:37 PM
Dear Denver Broncos,

PLEASE PLEASE beat the friggin' Jets to shut up their arrogant fans, their big-mouthed Coach, the analysts that hate Tebow and all the haters.

Thanks and good luck,

Shaz

Yeah, did not like what Revas said (Jets defense will be bored). Well Denver, I hope yall beat the pants off the Jets to make them shut up. I hope the Denver offense doesn't keep the Jets defense bored to tears but keeps the pressure on and burn them on a few passes.

GO BRONCOS BEAT JETS! Show them when the team pulls together the Broncos are tough. Hope our defense puts so much pressure on the Jets - would love to see 5 or 6 sacks recorded....

Dreadnought
11-18-2011, 01:13 PM
Dear Denver Broncos,

Thanks and good luck,

Shaz

Fatass Rex seemed disconsolate. Poor guy.

Poet
11-18-2011, 01:29 PM
I'm predicting 20 pass attempts in this game.

Nailed it on the dot!

chazoe60
11-18-2011, 02:48 PM
Nailed it on the dot!

You had to see it coming with all the "they only run the ball" talk coming out of the Jets all week. I also told my wife the first play of the game would be a pass.