PDA

View Full Version : NYJ Uses Brunell To Gameplan Tebow

Shazam!
11-15-2011, 11:12 PM
You've GOT to be kidding. At least KC used a WR... Tim is 10x the athlete (NOT the NFL QB, we've got to wait on that) Brunell ever hoped to be, and besides being lefty, I see little comparison.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_corner/post/41-year-old-Brunell-plays-part-of-Tebow-decoy-fo;_ylt=ApqycC5ahzKT4kNocOtqsENDubYF?urn=nfl-wp11911

If they think this'll give 'em a leg up, good for them.

Shazam!
11-15-2011, 11:13 PM
I tell you all now that the cocky and arrogant Jets think they're gonna waltz right into Denver and have their way with the Broncos and get an easy win. I say that not as a result of the article, but because of how much I see them and hear them here in NY. They believe they are of the NFL's elite and they clearly are not.

This is a winnable game for the Broncos. I hope the crowd is into it.

Superchop 7
11-15-2011, 11:20 PM
Think about it.....if we put 4 widouts as wide as they can lineup.....4 guys have to cover them.....then we are talking about 7 on 7......which would take them out of "their" strength and make them play to "our" strength. (Great in goal line situations btw)

BORDERLINE
11-16-2011, 12:27 AM
Really? That's dumb.

That's like using Kerry Collins to gameplan for Vick.

I believe the key is to get the early lead. Crowd support to be at a maximum. And make Shanchez pass. Shut their running game down.

Once Miller/Doom smell blood. ouuuuuu i wanna see major sacks with fumbles sprinkled in!!!

Oh and I want Mays to light up their FB Conner (The Terminator). Just for good measure

sneakers
11-16-2011, 12:36 AM
At least Brunnel isn't having boogers wiped on him anymore.

EHtttx6P7kg

hamrob
11-16-2011, 12:54 AM
I hope we don't underestimate a team that is on the ropes.

The Jets have to win this game. It is do or die for them. They are going to bring it.

Will our team be ready? Will the stands be ready?

This is going to be a low scoring game. We are going to have to get after Sanchez and stuff their running game.

We better believe that they are going to play 10 guys up on us. They will go single coverage outside, 8 in the box and be run blitzing us all day. It will be tough to pick up alot of yards on them

To win this game, Tebow is going to have to not turn the ball over...while at the same time, throw the ball enough to keep them unbalanced. I say, Tebow throw the ball around 25x in this game.

If he can complete 12 to 15 of them we're in business. Make no mistake about it, if we try the crap we did last week, against the Jets, we will lose.

TXBRONC
11-16-2011, 07:35 AM
You've GOT to be kidding. At least KC used a WR... Tim is 10x the athlete (NOT the NFL QB, we've got to wait on that) Brunell ever hoped to be, and besides being lefty, I see little comparison.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_corner/post/41-year-old-Brunell-plays-part-of-Tebow-decoy-fo;_ylt=ApqycC5ahzKT4kNocOtqsENDubYF?urn=nfl-wp11911

If they think this'll give 'em a leg up, good for them.

One of the commentators from the K.C. game said that the Chiefs back up quarterback Tyler Palko played the role of Tebow in their practices.

BroncoStud
11-16-2011, 09:40 AM
One of the commentators from the K.C. game said that the Chiefs back up quarterback Tyler Palko played the role of Tebow in their practices.

That's sort of ironic... Cassel done, Palko starting.

Npba900
11-16-2011, 09:55 AM
I hope we don't underestimate a team that is on the ropes.

The Jets have to win this game. It is do or die for them. They are going to bring it.

Will our team be ready? Will the stands be ready?

This is going to be a low scoring game. We are going to have to get after Sanchez and stuff their running game.

We better believe that they are going to play 10 guys up on us. They will go single coverage outside, 8 in the box and be run blitzing us all day. It will be tough to pick up alot of yards on them

To win this game, Tebow is going to have to not turn the ball over...while at the same time, throw the ball enough to keep them unbalanced. I say, Tebow throw the ball around 25x in this game.

If he can complete 12 to 15 of them we're in business. Make no mistake about it, if we try the crap we did last week, against the Jets, we will lose.

Tebow had better not throw in Reavis direction if he can avoid it! And of course if McCoy calls passing plays away from Reavis's area, now Tebow in essence only has half the field to throw to, thus limiting passing opportunities.

Reavis should/will capitalize on an ill-advised inaccurate pass from Tebow thrown in his direction......it could be pick-6 the other way to turn the momentum to the Jets or Reavis scoring the winning TD from a Tebow interception.

Resut assured Reavis will be ball hawking passes thrown in his area and if he can get his hands on Tebow's passes it could be Game Changing out come in favor of the Jets.

Dreadnought
11-16-2011, 10:06 AM
Well, this tells me the Broncos offense is already in their heads, and that is a good thing. Its such a weird contraption that it will force defenses to play our game, not do what they want to do. Advantage us. If we can continue to expand the playbook some and add more wrinkles better still.

camdisco24
11-16-2011, 10:10 AM
The Jets are such a cocky team. I've already read like four articles of their players talking crap. We may not win this game, but man I want to so bad just to teach them a lesson.

Shazam!
11-16-2011, 10:15 AM
I will be sooooooooo ecstatic if Denver can pull this one off.

Arrogant Jets fans here thought NE had NO CHANCE beating them last Sunday.

I told them all no way Brady and Bellichick and Co. were going to lose 3 in a row.

They thought they were going to blow them out. Seriously.

Even that Michael Smith on ESPN radio said there is no reason the NYJ should lose to NE.

Where does this logic come from that the NYJ are some magical force from NFL lore?? I've watched a lot of NYJs and they are not this elite top 5 team.

Dreadnought
11-16-2011, 10:19 AM
I will be sooooooooo ecstatic if Denver can pull this one off.

Arrogant Jets fans here thought NE had NO CHANCE beating them last Sunday.

I told them all no way Brady and Bellichick and Co. were going to lose 3 in a row.

They thought they were going to blow them out. Seriously.

Even that Michael Smith on ESPN radio said there is no reason the NYJ should lose to NE.

Where does this logic come from that the NYJ are some magical force from NFL lore?? I've watched a lot of NYJs and they are not this elite top 5 team.

I don't see it either. They play very good pass defense, but apart from that they are not a top flight team. Sanchez is certainly not in the top 50% of NFL QB's, and the running backs are, well, solid. No more than that. I am not impressed with Santurdio or Plaxico Burress either.

5-4 is an accurate assessment of this team. Above average, an opponent to take very seriously, but not much more than that.

lgenf
11-16-2011, 11:28 AM
The jets believe what their head coach tells them and says about them

And say what you want, they did go to the AFC championship game for the last two years

We do not have receivers that can beat their corners, ever. We don't have pass catching TEs like NE does, so we just gotta line up and punch them in the freaking mouth and wear them down all game long and hope our defense stays fresh and keeps the game close.

But mark b substituting as Tebow? Holy crap, he's only 2 secs slower in the 40 yd dash then Tebow maybe even 3 secs, yes he's a lefty, but that's where it ends

Softskull
11-16-2011, 12:13 PM
I don't see it either. They play very good pass defense, but apart from that they are not a top flight team. Sanchez is certainly not in the top 50% of NFL QB's, and the running backs are, well, solid. No more than that. I am not impressed with Santurdio or Plaxico Burress either.

5-4 is an accurate assessment of this team. Above average, an opponent to take very seriously, but not much more than that.

The Jets are 15th in the league defenging against the run. This could be easily exploited. They're 25th in passing offense and 24th in rushing. This is a very winnable game.

NightTerror218
11-16-2011, 01:31 PM
The Jets are 15th in the league defenging against the run. This could be easily exploited. They're 25th in passing offense and 24th in rushing. This is a very winnable game.

Oakland destroyed their rushing defense. We can do it too.

TXBRONC
11-16-2011, 01:48 PM
Oakland destroyed their rushing defense. We can do it too.

True but Raiders are also better at throwing the football than we are.

Softskull
11-16-2011, 01:59 PM
True but Raiders are also better at throwing the football than we are.

They had Jason Campbell as their starting QB for that game. He may be a better passer than Tebow, but he's not a good QB. They only threw for about 160 yards that game with no passing TDs, but ran for well over 200 and four rushing TDs.

I Eat Staples
11-16-2011, 03:59 PM
Yeah the Jets are cocky and yeah I'd love to smash them in the mouth and teach them a lesson, but you guys seriously underrate them. They are one of the better teams in the NFL.

slim
11-16-2011, 04:01 PM
They are 5-4. BFD.

I think they are a more talented team, but they are not a juggernaut.

BroncoWave
11-16-2011, 04:02 PM
Yeah the Jets are cocky and yeah I'd love to smash them in the mouth and teach them a lesson, but you guys seriously underrate them. They are one of the better teams in the NFL.

What makes them one of the better teams in the NFL? Their only elite unit is their pass D. Their run D is mediocre, Sanchez is mediocre, and their running game is okay. They are 5-4 for a reason.

Yeah, they are a better team than the Broncos, but I certainly wouldn't call them one of the better teams in the NFL.

BroncoWave
11-16-2011, 04:03 PM
They are 5-4. BFD.

I think there are a more talented team, but they are not a juggernaut.

That's about how I feel, and seeing as they have to go across the country after a short week (especially short given they had to play a night game) I think we have a fair chance to win. At the very least I think it will be close.

I Eat Staples
11-16-2011, 04:07 PM
They are 5-4. BFD.

I think they are a more talented team, but they are not a juggernaut.

What makes them one of the better teams in the NFL? Their only elite unit is their pass D. Their run D is mediocre, Sanchez is mediocre, and their running game is okay. They are 5-4 for a reason.

Yeah, they are a better team than the Broncos, but I certainly wouldn't call them one of the better teams in the NFL.

Well they've been to the AFCCG two years in a row, I wouldn't read too far into their 5-4 record. A lot of good teams start slow and become really good by the end of the season.

Their defense is very good, although defense is a dying art in the NFL. Sanchez isn't that good but he's clutch and has his share of good games. Their running game and O-Line are normally elite, but they haven't been very productive so far this year for whatever reason. I think they'll get it figured out. I also think Rex Ryan is a good coach.

The only thing they're missing is an elite QB.

Medford Bronco
11-16-2011, 09:16 PM
I tell you all now that the cocky and arrogant Jets think they're gonna waltz right into Denver and have their way with the Broncos and get an easy win. I say that not as a result of the article, but because of how much I see them and hear them here in NY. They believe they are of the NFL's elite and they clearly are not.

This is a winnable game for the Broncos. I hope the crowd is into it.

After Sunday Night watching Sanchez puke on himself vs that horrible NE Secondary, Definatley not an easy win.

We cant go 1940s and expect a win vs a much better Jets team than a pathetic KC team that gave up 31 pts to Matt Freakin Moore of Miami

Superchop 7
11-16-2011, 11:06 PM
In terms of athleticism....

Brunell and Tebow are identical.

Good call Rex.