PDA

View Full Version : 2009 Opponents

Italianmobstr7
01-11-2009, 11:11 PM
I think this may have already been posted, but I can't find it. Anyways, here's our opponents next year. On paper and basing it off of this year, it looks extremely tough. Hopefully this new coach can instill a decent D and we can win 9 or 10 of them.

Home:
Kansas City Chiefs
Oakland Raiders
San Diego Chargers
Cleveland Browns
Pittsburgh Steelers
New England Patriots
Dallas Cowboys
New York Giants

Away:
Kansas City Chiefs
Oakland Raiders
San Diego Chargers
Baltimore Ravens
Cincinnati Bengals
Indianapolis Colts
Philadelphia Eagles
Washington Redskins

Should be a tough, but fun year!

Shazam!
01-11-2009, 11:15 PM
Every one of those games are winnable games except Baltimore IMO.

honz
01-11-2009, 11:15 PM
Holy crap. That schedule looks nasty.

Watchthemiddle
01-11-2009, 11:20 PM
In our current state....this is how I see it....

Home:
Kansas City Chiefs - W
Oakland Raiders - W
San Diego Chargers - L
Cleveland Browns - W
Pittsburgh Steelers - L
New England Patriots - L
Dallas Cowboys - W
New York Giants - L

Away:
Kansas City Chiefs - L
Oakland Raiders - W
San Diego Chargers - L
Baltimore Ravens - L
Cincinnati Bengals - W
Indianapolis Colts - L
Philadelphia Eagles - L
Washington Redskins - W

7-9 ... 4-4 at home. But as we all know, things can change this off season.

MasterShake
01-11-2009, 11:27 PM
I think this may have already been posted, but I can't find it. Anyways, here's our opponents next year. On paper and basing it off of this year, it looks extremely tough. Hopefully this new coach can instill a decent D and we can win 9 or 10 of them.

Home:
Kansas City Chiefs
Oakland Raiders
San Diego Chargers
Cleveland Browns
Pittsburgh Steelers
New England Patriots
Dallas Cowboys
New York Giants

Away:
Kansas City Chiefs
Oakland Raiders
San Diego Chargers
Baltimore Ravens
Cincinnati Bengals
Indianapolis Colts
Philadelphia Eagles
Washington Redskins

Man, some GREAT home games against good teams. I'm definitely going to a few games next year..

JKcatch724
01-11-2009, 11:36 PM
Ouch. Well at least we get to see what the team is really made of.

omac
01-11-2009, 11:45 PM
Wow, tons of fun games. Great schedule. :beer:

Scarface
01-11-2009, 11:51 PM
Student vs Teacher match up in Josh's first season.

Lonestar
01-12-2009, 01:12 AM
In our current state....this is how I see it....

Home:
Kansas City Chiefs - W
Oakland Raiders - W
San Diego Chargers - L
Cleveland Browns - W
Pittsburgh Steelers - L
New England Patriots - L
Dallas Cowboys - W
New York Giants - L

Away:
Kansas City Chiefs - L
Oakland Raiders - W
San Diego Chargers - L
Baltimore Ravens - L
Cincinnati Bengals - W
Indianapolis Colts - L
Philadelphia Eagles - L
Washington Redskins - W

7-9 ... 4-4 at home. But as we all know, things can change this off season.

right now this might be better in the fantasy football thread..

bengaaaaals1688
01-12-2009, 01:19 AM

Away:
Cincinnati Bengals

You can mark this down as a blowout loss for you right now.:laugh:

Gamechanger
01-12-2009, 01:22 AM
this should be good

DEN vs. IND

let our rivalry begin once again :beer:

Shazam!
01-12-2009, 01:27 AM
I really believe that with a defensive coordinator worth his salt, a new defensive philosophy that turns out even a middle-of-the-League D, a running game that can be effective, and not another injury-riddled season, 9-7 isn't out of the question. It's disheartening to see so many Broncos fans already down on 2009, regardless of opponents.

...and the one win that is guaranteed is at Cincinatti. Thank goodness we don't waste a home game on those clowns.

bengaaaaals1688
01-12-2009, 02:00 AM
I really believe that with a defensive coordinator worth his salt, a new defensive philosophy that turns out even a middle-of-the-League D, a running game that can be effective, and not another injury-riddled season, 9-7 isn't out of the question. It's disheartening to see so many Broncos fans already down on 2009, regardless of opponents.

...and the one win that is guaranteed is at Cincinatti. Thank goodness we don't waste a home game on those clowns.

You think you have a chance, but what you fail to realize is that we won the last 3 games of the season... We are CLEARLY headed to the top of the league next year.:elefant:

Shazam!
01-12-2009, 02:03 AM
We are CLEARLY headed to the top of the league next year.:elefant:

That is the funniest thing I've read in weeks.

silkamilkamonico
01-12-2009, 02:04 AM
I don't expect the playoffs next year, nor do I think we will make the playoffs.

Brutal schedule.

We could conceivably lose every game to the NFCEast, which is going to be tops next year IMHO, and it sucks that the only reasonable winning game in that division is against Washington on the road.

I will be more interested to see how competitive we are week in and week out. Regardless of how good we were with Shanahan you could almost always count on a blowout or 3 every season. I don't want to see any of those games.

Shazam!
01-12-2009, 02:25 AM
In the era of Free Agency, coaching changes, injuries and other teams just taking a step backwards, success isn't guaranteed every year for any team. It all happens in cycles.

bengaaaaals1688
01-12-2009, 02:29 AM
That is the funniest thing I've read in weeks.

I do try... You think I should take it on the road?? I think stand up comedy would be a pretty nice career for me.

BANJOPICKER1
01-12-2009, 03:00 AM
Wow, tons of fun games. Great schedule. :beer:

I agree, this is my fun, the more fun it is the better.:salute:

GOOOOOOOOOOO BRONCOS!!!!!:D

Elway007
01-12-2009, 10:59 AM
I don't expect the playoffs next year, nor do I think we will make the playoffs.

Brutal schedule.

We could conceivably lose every game to the NFCEast, which is going to be tops next year IMHO, and it sucks that the only reasonable winning game in that division is against Washington on the road.

I will be more interested to see how competitive we are week in and week out. Regardless of how good we were with Shanahan you could almost always count on a blowout or 3 every season. I don't want to see any of those games.
I think we can beat the Cowboys too, I just don't see that team getting much better next year, not with Jerry Jones still at GM and Wade still at HC. Cutler vs. Romo should be a shoot out, can't wait.

jrelway
01-12-2009, 12:17 PM
we play the skins in DC, and and the ravens in Bmore..finally! dont have to go all the way to denver to see my team play. wins would be so sweet. and best believe ill be gloating real hard to my friends.

Broncolingus
01-12-2009, 12:48 PM
VERY tough schedule...period.

SmilinAssasSin27
01-12-2009, 09:51 PM
yep...and we're gonn face quite a few 3-4 defenses. Pitt, Clev, Bmore, Dallas, etc

Nature Boy
01-12-2009, 09:58 PM
We'll be lucky to be 4-12 in 2009 after this overhaul.

:tsk:

Navyblue22
01-12-2009, 10:06 PM
Whew, sounds like a S.E.C.'s (Southeastern Conf.) schedule in college football. BRUTAL! I like to see this matchup, New England vs. Denver. I know Tom Brady is back in '09! I thought Patriots goin' to the playoffs without Brady, but I was wrong. Close, if the JETS could've win their game. BUMMER. 11-5 record wasn't so bad either.

Shazam!
01-12-2009, 10:19 PM
People thought this team was a Super Bowl Contender with-

...a bunch of numbskulls on Defense.

...Jake Plummer at QB (some with Griese I'm sure.)

...schedules at the tiime that seemed like Murderer's Row.

I'm not ready to concede 2009 as a lost Season because of a bunch of rookies and a rebuilding defense. A fresh face, a new standard and attitude, disciplined motivation, and in a weak AFC West anything is possible. I'm not saying this team can be an automatic playoff contender but I won't rule that out, or the chance that they can be competitive and exciting to watch.

Maybe they can even make a stop on 2nd and 20.

They have to take advantage of SD being the only legitimate team in the West. Believe it or not, KC and Oakland won't be losers forever.

TXBRONC
01-12-2009, 10:27 PM
People thought this team was a Super Bowl Contender with-

...a bunch of numbskulls on Defense.

...Jake Plummer at QB (some with Griese I'm sure.)

...schedules at the tiime that seemed like Murderer's Row.

I'm not ready to concede 2009 as a lost Season because of a bunch of rookies and a rebuilding defense. A fresh face, a new standard and attitude, disciplined motivation, and in a weak AFC West anything is possible. I'm not saying this team can be an automatic playoff contender but I won't rule that out, or the chance that they can be competitive and exciting to watch.

Maybe they can even make a stop on 2nd and 20.

They have to take advantage of SD being the only legitimate team in the West. Believe it or not, KC and Oakland won't be losers forever.

Well with Oakland it's more indefinite. As long as Al Davis continues to run that team I don't see them having much of a chance of getting better.

Italianmobstr7
01-12-2009, 10:30 PM
We'll be lucky to be 4-12 in 2009 after this overhaul.

:tsk:

Funny, you were thinking that we needed a change. Now we got one, and you're still not happy. Sounds like a pessimist to me.

Nature Boy
01-12-2009, 10:34 PM
Funny, you were thinking that we needed a change. Now we got one, and you're still not happy. Sounds like a pessimist to me.

You have the wrong guy. It's also no secret that the Broncos need change, just not this drastic. I never wanted Mikey to be fired. I wanted better players on the D-Line and a better/real middle line backer.

Shazam!
01-12-2009, 10:43 PM
Well with Oakland it's more indefinite. As long as Al Davis continues to run that team I don't see them having much of a chance of getting better.

Despite their suckassness, Oakland has been to a Super Bowl this decade and won more Playoff games than Denver has. Oakland and KC won't be bottom feeders forever. That's a (sad) fact.

Again I am not saying this team can do it. But be a playoff contender? It is absolutely possible, and if that isn't the goal of 32 teams in the League they should turn into a bowling team. It depends how they respond to Coach McDaniels I admit, but he can use his age to his advantage. He can relate to the young players. He knows how to Email and text and use a Blackberry. He has won Championships with the Patriots this decade.

Shanahan is like grandpa compared to McD.

I love what I have heard from him about what he is going to do and that's why I wanted him here. I wanted Spags for awhile, but if that guy couldn't impress the NY Jets for cryin' out loud, let alone the Broncos there is something wrong. Unimpressive is the word that seems to be thrown around about him. And after yesterday's NYG loss, fans are running him out of town (not that that's meaningful of anything, just the words.) Maybe Spags isn't HC material.

I'm thrilled with McD and what he said is what the Broncos need if he can deliver. Drastic change IS EXACTLY what the Broncos needed. I love Shanahan and what he has brought here, but eventually your methods will not work. The NFL has evolved and the Broncos have not.

These have been the trademarks of the Broncos the last few years-

Fast starts and late collapses.
Horrendous defenses.
Predictable Offense.
Bad ST.

Change was definitely needed. I hope McD brings it.

OB
01-13-2009, 12:20 AM
Hell yeah - denver here i come - i promised the boy if the giants played at denver we are going :woot:

Lonestar
01-13-2009, 01:02 AM
Despite their suckassness, Oakland has been to a Super Bowl this decade and won more Playoff games than Denver has. Oakland and KC won't be bottom feeders forever. That's a (sad) fact.

Again I am not saying this team can do it. But be a playoff contender? It is absolutely possible, and if that isn't the goal of 32 teams in the League they should turn into a bowling team. It depends how they respond to Coach McDaniels I admit, but he can use his age to his advantage. He can relate to the young players. He knows how to Email and text and use a Blackberry. He has won Championships with the Patriots this decade.

Shanahan is like grandpa compared to McD.

I love what I have heard from him about what he is going to do and that's why I wanted him here. I wanted Spags for awhile, but if that guy couldn't impress the NY Jets for cryin' out loud, let alone the Broncos there is something wrong. Unimpressive is the word that seems to be thrown around about him. And after yesterday's NYG loss, fans are running him out of town (not that that's meaningful of anything, just the words.) Maybe Spags isn't HC material.

I'm thrilled with McD and what he said is what the Broncos need if he can deliver. Drastic change IS EXACTLY what the Broncos needed. I love Shanahan and what he has brought here, but eventually your methods will not work. The NFL has evolved and the Broncos have not.

These have been the trademarks of the Broncos the last few years-

Fast starts and late collapses.
Horrendous defenses.
Predictable Offense.
Bad ST.

Change was definitely needed. I hope McD brings it.

let me add the all it took for OAK to be a contender was a good coach al just may luck into another one like he did with Gruden.. it will not last for long, but with the talent they have been getting in the draft for the past decade they have some pretty good talent..

add to your list..

inability to put a team away (no Killer instinct)

playing down to the competition (lack of motivation from coaches (HC in particular))

Shazam!
01-13-2009, 01:14 AM
let me add the all it took for OAK to be a contender was a good coach al just may luck into another one like he did with Gruden.. it will not last for long, but with the talent they have been getting in the draft for the past decade they have some pretty good talent..

add to your list..

inability to put a team away (no Killer instinct)

playing down to the competition (lack of motivation from coaches (HC in particular))

...and the Broncos could have gotten all of the above with McDaniels.

I know I'm a Broncos fan, but I see this as a perfect move by Bowlen.

He tapped the best organization in the NFL for his man just like he did in '95, even though Shanahan had orange blood, the situation is eerily similar.

We really have to give the Denver Broncos credit. Pat Bowlen showed the guts to do what many think he wouldn't have done, he pulled the trigger on Shanny, went out and got a guy who has the potential to be a helluva Coach and with the team for a long time if the marriage works out.

Many of us have been calling for a Coaching change for years now. I'm glad Bowlen realized a change was needed too.

It shows the Broncos are above the mediocre standard that has followed this team for the past few years, and I credit them for giving us the most exciting offseason since March 2003 when Jake arrived in town (it didn't work but ti was still something,) and '98 prior.

Go McDaniels. Go :defense:.

Lonestar
01-13-2009, 01:21 AM
...and the Broncos could have gotten all of the above with McDaniels.

I know I'm a Broncos fan, but I see this as a perfect move by Bowlen.

He tapped the best organization in the NFL for his man just like he did in '95, even though Shanahan had orange blood, the situation is eerily similar.

We really have to give the Denver Broncos credit. Pat Bowlen showed the guts to do what many think he wouldn't have done, he pulled the trigger on Shanny, went out and got a guy who has the potential to be a helluva Coach and with the team for a long time if the marriage works out.

Many of us have been calling for a Coaching change for years now. I'm glad Bowlen realized a change was needed too.

It shows the Broncos are above the mediocre standard that has followed this team for the past few years, and I credit them for giving us the most exciting offseason since March 2003 when Jake arrived in town (it didn't work but ti was still something,) and '98 prior.

Go McDaniels. Go :defense:.

I just did not see Pat firing mikey, I thought he would be there forever with his "contract for life".. I was stunned to hear about it while on vacation in Colorado..

I would have settled for a strong GM being brought in that reported to PAT and a strong DC that reported to the GM.. But I'm guessing that mikey did not want to give up that kind of power.. instead he may set our the 2009 season finishing his house and collecting his 7 mil..

props to Pat :salute:

Shazam!
01-13-2009, 01:51 AM
I just did not see Pat firing mikey, I thought he would be there forever with his "contract for life".. I was stunned to hear about it while on vacation in Colorado..

I would have settled for a strong GM being brought in that reported to PAT and a strong DC that reported to the GM.. But I'm guessing that mikey did not want to give up that kind of power.. instead he may set our the 2009 season finishing his house and collecting his 7 mil..

props to Pat :salute:

I still say Shanahan should have stepped down after Elway retired and said my job is done here.

Lonestar
01-13-2009, 02:01 AM
I still say Shanahan should have stepped down after Elway retired and said my job is done here.

ego got in the way.. it would have shattered his God complex..

Shazam!
01-13-2009, 02:15 AM
Thta is what has gone wrong with the Broncos. It was the beginning of the downward spiral into mediocrity.

I know it sounds like a double-edged sword that Shanny leaving in the 99 offseason, what kind of team we'd have today? But denver needed to be completely gutted and rebuilt practically from scratch back then. Many players had a TON of trade value...

Whatever.

McDaniels will field a competitve Broncos team I tell you. This schedule isn't as bad as it looks. It isn't cupcakes, but the only game I don't see Denver having hardly any chance of winning is Baltimore and Pitt, and a few tough divisional road games.

If McD is to have any success, he has to get this team to beat the teams they should, like Oakland at home and hopefully find that Mile High Magic again.

FanInAZ
01-13-2009, 04:30 AM
We should sweep Kansas City, Oakland and Ohio if we play up to our potential in all 6 of those games.

We can be Washington on a good day and Dallas if they are having a bad day.

Bozo Jr.
01-13-2009, 01:59 PM
Looks like a exciting season ahead.
A very tough, but exciting schedule!