PDA

View Full Version : The Official Dennis Allen Fanboi Thread

Dreadnought
11-14-2011, 12:47 PM
Lost in everything else is the good work being done to reforge this defense into a respectable unit. There have been some good personnel moves, good coaching and fundamentals, and some aggressive yet disciplined defensive scheming. The Defense we played against the Chiefs was unlike the soggy and passive defenses we've seen for a few years here. We continued to bring heat on Matt Cassell, even with a late lead, and he had no answer.

I have been so pissed at so many of our hack D-coordinators (Nolan excepted) for so long I almost forgot how to give proper credit. Great job, Mr. Allen!

NightTrainLayne
11-14-2011, 12:50 PM
Here's hoping he sticks around for a few seasons.

DenBronx
11-14-2011, 12:52 PM
One of our biggest pickups in the offseason was Allen. I was cautious of us getting a DB coach and going to the 4-3 but this dude is legit and knows how to bring the heat on QBs.

I also credit John Fox, who seems to know a thing or two about defenses.

GEM
11-14-2011, 12:53 PM
I like that he is bringing back the fundamentals of sound tackling! Much improved over years past.

BroncoWave
11-14-2011, 12:56 PM
Gotta love it. It's almost made me forget the days of Bob Slowick, Nate Webster, and Marquand Manuel.

camdisco24
11-14-2011, 12:57 PM
I like that he is bringing back the fundamentals of sound tackling! Much improved over years past.

huge x2. I remember getting so pissed last year when guys would botch a basic tackle. Huge improvement this year.

:defense: :salute:

jhildebrand
11-14-2011, 01:45 PM
Not to mention Allen finds a way to overcome despite Andre Goodman being a starter! :eek:

Allen will be a hot commodity if not this off season then the next. I hope we can keep him here for a while. The guy has ingenuity and I like it!

RebelRocker
11-14-2011, 01:46 PM
If this regimes succeeds and makes us a playoff/super bowl contending team every year, expect EFX to keep Allen here at all costs. He looks like a coach on the rise and don't be surprised if he's our next HC after Fox decides to hang it up.

G_Money
11-14-2011, 04:04 PM
I'm just waiting to see what he can do with better talent. :)

~G

Ziggy
11-14-2011, 04:51 PM
The last time I can remember opposing QB's being battered like this was the days of the orange crush D. They're paying the price to pass the ball. Even when they get it off, they're getting hit on a regular basis. With some more talent, and a year in the same system, Denver is going to have a defense that opposing QB's are going to dread facing.

G_Money
11-14-2011, 06:15 PM
It'll be better when Von has more help in that dept. Doom has barely gotten started this year, after spending much of it injured.

Our problem is gonna come when teams don't feel the need to throw on us. That's why stopping the run is such a key when you have weapons like Doom and Von. With a running attack like we're featuring teams won't have to play crazy games of catch-up.

With Shanny's Super Bowl teams, our pressure defense worked because we'd throw it up and down the field to score a lot in the first half, then grind it out with the run game, chewing up clock and forcing teams to throw a lot to put quick points on the board.

This isn't gonna be like that, so our whole defense will have to be good, not just certain aspects of it. Still, Von will be a BIG part of our approach going forward, and I like how our defense is back to attacking both phases. The further we go, the more the team seems to be getting the new concepts and they're buying in.

I always like to see that - especially when what they're buying into is working.

~G