PDA

View Full Version : Ah, yes, the Universe is in sync again ....

omac
01-11-2009, 08:39 PM
The Chargers lost to the Steelers; their fans have turned on them despite a valiant effort; a Charger fan ranted about the poor officiating costing them the game; they complain that their D sucks; they complain that their O sucks; they complain about their coach. Some fans posting they'll never win a championship ......

Bronco Championships 2 - Chargers Championships 0

Muwahahahahaha! :cool:

( to any Charger fans, just kidding around :D )

Simple Jaded
01-11-2009, 08:46 PM
To any and all Charger fans: You have no business complaining about officiating, you've got call after call like the one on Heath Miller (His hand was inside of the frame work of the defender.......that's a non-call), yet have been given a blind eye to calls like the Marcus McNeill rape of Harrison.......all season long!

There were at least 5 holding penalties that were far worse than the Miller call that the Refs just flat out ignored, and this wasn't even close to being as lopsided as the 1st time these two teams played.

Enough about the Hochule call, quit yer bitching.......

KCL
01-11-2009, 08:49 PM
I was cheering for SD but the refs didn't cost them the game...:rolleyes:
The better team won.

Actually omac...its Broncos 2 SB wins
Raiders 3 SB wins
and the Chiefs 1 SB win (nevermind that it's been decades ago)...:lol:

Simple Jaded
01-11-2009, 08:51 PM
The better team won.

Raiders 3 SB wins

Was it even the National Football League yet? Had they even invented helmets yet? :D.......

KCL
01-11-2009, 08:51 PM
Was it even the National Football League yet? Had they even invented helmets yet? :D.......

:mad:

Hey it still counts....:laugh:

Mike
01-11-2009, 08:55 PM
Glad they lost, but...

props to SD for their second half of the season, for beating the Colts, and for putting up a fight against Pittsburgh.

That window got a little closer to being shut though. ;)

OrangeHoof
01-11-2009, 08:56 PM

Technically, it wasn't the NFL yet for the Chiefs. Their SB win was the last game in American Football League history.

KCL
01-11-2009, 08:57 PM
Technically, it wasn't the NFL yet for the Chiefs. Their SB win was the last game in American Football League history.

Correct...just was reading this link....The AFL and the NFL merged after they won.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1969_Kansas_City_Chiefs_season

In 2006, the 1969 Kansas City Chiefs were ranked as the 18th greatest Super Bowl champions on the NFL Network's documentary America's Game: The Super Bowl Champions.[2]

PatricktheDookie
01-11-2009, 08:59 PM
One more year for the Chargers' nucleus to get a little older... for the window to shut just a little more...

=D

Bozo Jr.
01-11-2009, 08:59 PM
[QUOTE=KCL;514429]I was cheering for SD

Why, why why. Screw the Dolts!

KCL
01-11-2009, 09:03 PM
I was cheering for SD

Why, why why. Screw the Dolts!

Why not? Hoping they would do good...that way maybe just maybe Hunt would take a good look and see that KC needs a major overhaul to compete in the division.He already knows this of course but we've yet to see what he is going to do about it.Besides getting rid of Carl.

BTW-How the heck did you jack up the quoting?

tomjonesrocks
01-11-2009, 09:06 PM
I *hope* the Chargers fans at my work complain about the officiating tomorrow. The only reason they won that Colts game was because of the officials. They had to know they weren't going to get that home cooking in Pittsburgh.

It was nice to see a real defense throw Rivers down hard in his own endzone on that one play. He needs a lot more of that.

Whatever, they're done, and that's that. Magical season over. No thanks to the Broncos though.

Northman
01-11-2009, 09:08 PM
:mad:

Hey it still counts....:laugh:

No it doesnt.

KCL
01-11-2009, 09:09 PM
No it doesnt.

And how does it not count?

Northman
01-11-2009, 09:11 PM
And how does it not count?

Simple. Your the Chiefs. :laugh:

KCL
01-11-2009, 09:13 PM
Simple. Your the Chiefs. :laugh:

Yep..and proud of it....:beer:

Northman
01-11-2009, 09:14 PM
Yep..and proud of it....:beer:

Totally explains it. :lol:

KCL
01-11-2009, 09:16 PM
Totally explains it. :lol:

Shut up...Denver's SB trophys don't have as much dust on them as the
Chief's trophy does but your SB wins are in the past as well...;)

omac
01-11-2009, 09:21 PM
The better team won.

Raiders 3 SB wins

Decades ago or not, it still counts. :beer:

KCL
01-11-2009, 09:23 PM
Decades ago or not, it still counts. :beer:

Thanks omac...:D

Hey North :eviltongue:

omac
01-11-2009, 09:24 PM
Shut up...Denver's SB trophys don't have as much dust on them as the
Chief's trophy does but your SB wins are in the past as well...;)

What's that? I can't hear you with these 2 superbowl trophies in my ears. :laugh:

KCL
01-11-2009, 09:26 PM
What's that? I can't hear you with these 2 superbowl trophies in my ears. :laugh:

:lol:

I was talking to North omac....I would never be cross with you.:D

Kapaibro
01-11-2009, 09:33 PM
KC has more trophies than SD.

That is all that matters!

Poet
01-11-2009, 09:36 PM
:shocked:
You either have really really big ears, or the SB trophy looks a lot bigger than it really is on TV.:D

omac
01-11-2009, 09:36 PM
:lol:

I was talking to North omac....I would never be cross with you.:D

As long as the Chargers never win a Superbowl, all is good in the AFC West! :cheers:

broncogirl7
01-11-2009, 09:37 PM
It was so awesome to watch the "Steel Curtain" trounce San Diego. I had so many favorite plays, it would be hard to name a few...wait, the one with Phyllis Rivers getting slammed on his face in the end zone was, well...I***N***C***R***E***D***I***B***L***E!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!11

Dreadnought
01-11-2009, 10:15 PM
KC has more trophies than SD.

That is all that matters!

Yep. Only half as many as we do, but at least something to be proud of. Unlike the Chargers :coffee:

BigDaddyBronco
01-11-2009, 10:52 PM
That 3rd Quarter was awesome.

Chargers suck!

Shazam!
01-11-2009, 11:03 PM
I just posted this in another Thread. Seems relevent here too.

The clock has struck 12. The Carriage has turned back into a pumpkin. The beautiful dress has been changed back into rags.

SD is back home again where they belong. Every year they win the AFC West and lose in the Playoffs is another failure. Playoff losses are hard to swallow, we in Denver know it well. Especially when it is year after year, when you are touted as Super Bowl contenders year after year.

How many of these recent years has SD endured? How many postseason defeats must they have? It seems like it is every year that SD loses in the Playoffs. In the end, sure, they beat Denver. Sure, they won the Division that Denver choked away. In the end, they won one more game than the Broncos, but still finished .500, like Denver. So, I guess it was true, that SD like the Broncos, were contender imposters and didn't belong.

Ironically, the night that Chargers fans are bitterly cleansing the fresh wounds of defeat and the AFC Championship games are set, the Denver Broncos are in the headlines for selecting their new Head Coach. That is good.

The Chargers are a franchise in futility, knowing nothing but huge disappointment. They've never won anything other than in the old AFL, yet they act like they are god's gift to the AFC with their cocky arrogance. This has rubbed off on their jerkass fans (not all of them.) Many of them seem to believe that the Lamar Hunt Trophy is their entitlement each and every year now. Their best player LT is a whiner and a bitch, and he's running out of time and getting older. He'll never be as dynamic as he was before. Every year SD falls on it's face, is another year that another AFC West team can come up and take it next year.

The best day in Broncos history was beating the Packers in Super Bowl XXXII, in the Chargers Stadium.

SD sucks Bronco ?!@#.

Devilspawn
01-12-2009, 12:10 AM
Correct...just was reading this link....The AFL and the NFL merged after they won.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1969_Kansas_City_Chiefs_season

In 2006, the 1969 Kansas City Chiefs were ranked as the 18th greatest Super Bowl champions on the NFL Network's documentary America's Game: The Super Bowl Champions.[2]
I was born two months after that SB was played, but I remember reading that Oakland went 13-1 that year, beat KC twice and lost the conference title game to the Chiefs in Oakland. It was Madden's rookie year. Len Dawson said that the Raiders and Jets could've beat the Vikings that day. Tell you what though, in a good ol fashion tussle, Madden woulda beat him good.

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b23/dvlspwn/StramMadden.jpg

And just for you KCL:

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b23/dvlspwn/ChampionChiefs.jpg

KCL
01-12-2009, 12:14 AM
Thanks for the picture DS....The Chiefs one and only SB win...:rolleyes: :lol:
See how long it's been...the picture was in black and white...:lol:

From what I hear...Stram was a hell of a coach.

PatricktheDookie
01-12-2009, 12:37 AM
It's pretty much a given fact that Stram was the coolest coach ever.

Devilspawn
01-12-2009, 12:40 AM
Thanks for the picture DS....The Chiefs one and only SB win...:rolleyes: :lol:
See how long it's been...the picture was in black and white...:lol:

From what I hear...Stram was a hell of a coach.
That pic was in the Superbowl, January 1970. Guess when it was taken. :D

Stram was a legendary coach. One of my favorites from back in the day.

- 136-100-10 (including post-season)
- Three AFL Championships which was the most in the league.
- Super Bowl IV obviously with the Chiefs.
- Most victories (87), most post-season appearances (6), & best post-season record in the AFL (5-1).

Stram is also largely responsible for the introduction of Gatorade to the NFL due to his close association with Ray Graves, coach at the University of Florida during Gatorade's development and infancy.

KCL, during the week of the Superbowl I'll let you know when ESPN or ESPN2 plays the highlights from Superbowl IV. Stram wears a mic and is very vocal, and it's the reason why it's one of the more popular SB play backs. You'll love it.

The Chiefs were dominant back then for a period and Stram was a big part of that.

KCL
01-12-2009, 12:46 AM
I have watched bits of that when Starm was miked up...He was a funny man.
He had some play he called but I can't remember what it was or some term he used.I would love to see that game and also when the Chiefs played Green Bay in the SB...they lost that one.

So when was that picture taken?

Devilspawn
01-12-2009, 02:05 AM
I have watched bits of that when Starm was miked up...He was a funny man.
He had some play he called but I can't remember what it was or some term he used.I would love to see that game and also when the Chiefs played Green Bay in the SB...they lost that one.

So when was that picture taken?
I posted it on the 39th anniversary: January 11, 1970.

The pic with Madden was in Oakland on Halloween 1971.

Elway007
01-12-2009, 11:08 AM
I just posted this in another Thread. Seems relevent here too.
+1 for sure.

TXBRONC
01-12-2009, 11:12 AM
Glad they lost, but...

props to SD for their second half of the season, for beating the Colts, and for putting up a fight against Pittsburgh.

That window got a little closer to being shut though. ;)

I couldn't agree more. :smile: