PDA

View Full Version : #1 Colorado Recruit Changes Commitment from Gators to Buffs

Buff
01-11-2009, 06:45 PM
By Kyle Ringo
Publisher
Posted Jan 11, 2009

The top-ranked prep football player in the state of Colorado has had a stunning change of heart and will stay in-state to play his college football Scout.com confirmed today. He is the first five-star in the 2009 class. Get inside for more.

Legacy High School defensive end Nick Kasa called Florida coach Urban Meyer this weekend to inform him he had a change of heart and followed that call with a call to Colorado coach Dan Hawkins to give him his pledge to be a Buff, Legacy High School coach Wayne Vorhies said today.

"He actually told me about it at the Army All-America game," Vorhies said. "He said, 'You will probably be surprised by this but I'm going to go to Colorado.' He wanted to wait until after the national championship game to call coach Meyer because he didn't think it would be fair to be a distraction to him."

Kasa is the top rated player in Colorado and the No. 4 ranked defensive end in the country according to Scout.com. He becomes the third consecutive No. 1 in-state recruit to choose to join coach Dan Hawkins' program, along with Ryan Miller in the 2007 class and Jon Major in the 2008 cycle.

Kasa had committed to Florida in the fall after a long deliberation between the Gators and the Buffs. Vorhies told Scout.com the change of heart came down to Kasa just being extremely comfortable with CU and his relationship with coach Hawkins.

Kasa's commitment could be the jolt of momentum in recruiting for which the Colorado program and its fans have been waiting. Coaches still have plenty of work remaining before national signing day, but with Kasa on board more players could be swayed toward Boulder.

We'll have more on Kasa in the coming days.

This is huge. The Buffs only had 9 commitments and there's talk that their next best recruit, Diante Jackson, a 4-star WR from Cali, is going to change his commitment back to Oregon. I had already resigned myself to no 5-star players in this class, but Hawkins was able to lock down the best player in the state for the 3rd year in a row.

Broncolingus
01-11-2009, 06:47 PM
#1 Colorado Recruit Changes Committment from Gators to Buffs

:salute:

MOtorboat
01-11-2009, 07:00 PM
Nice.

And my NU fan...actually NU nut...was goading me about losing a few recruits this weekend!

Watchthemiddle
01-11-2009, 07:20 PM
That is outstanding!!!

I seem to remember hearing something just the other day about Kasa going to the Gators and was bummed. Actually it was posted in the paper before the championship game.....this is great news BUff

BeefStew25
01-11-2009, 08:08 PM
Wow. That is really awesome for you guys.