PDA

View Full Version : Can we beat the Jets?

UnderArmour
11-14-2011, 07:57 AM
Does anyone think we can beat the Jets on Thursday? We played them close last year with no pass rushers and now we have Von and Elvis. It has been a long time since we won in Oakland and in KC in the same season, much less in back to back weeks. I don't even know how the heck we did it, but can this team make it three in a row?

The Jets obviously aren't on the same level as the Packers and they don't have anywhere near the d-line play that the Lions had but they do have elite players in that secondary and David Harris. They are a good team but not as good as Oakland. Obviously, Ryan isn't a moron and he knows how to coach his defense so he will no doubt force Tebow to pass. I didn't think Tebow was too off target passing yesterday with his throws to Decker early(who should have caught it) and Royal (who should have drawn a flag). Can Tebow win this game with his arm? Will McCoy be smart enough to come out passing against the Jets?

chazoe60
11-14-2011, 08:01 AM
Yes we can beat them, but we'll have to attempt more than 8 passes. This is going to be a big game for McCoy. He needs to come up with some short and intermediate passing plays if we have any chance of beating the Jets.

If we can have something like 150 yards on the ground and 150 yards in the air then we can win. Their run game doesn't scare me at all and Sanchez is a below average QB IMO. If we lose it'll be because of lack of offensive production IMO.

threefolddead
11-14-2011, 08:05 AM
If Tebow leaves 14 points on the field like he did against the Chiefs then we aren't. You can't blow those chances because we the Jets are a solid D.

slim
11-14-2011, 08:41 AM
No.

The Jets will win by 50. Sanchez will have 5 TDs.

red98
11-14-2011, 08:52 AM
Does anyone think we can beat the Jets on Thursday? We played them close last year with no pass rushers and now we have Von and Elvis. It has been a long time since we won in Oakland and in KC in the same season, much less in back to back weeks. I don't even know how the heck we did it, but can this team make it three in a row?

The Jets obviously aren't on the same level as the Packers and they don't have anywhere near the d-line play that the Lions had but they do have elite players in that secondary and David Harris. They are a good team but not as good as Oakland. Obviously, Ryan isn't a moron and he knows how to coach his defense so he will no doubt force Tebow to pass. I didn't think Tebow was too off target passing yesterday with his throws to Decker early(who should have caught it) and Royal (who should have drawn a flag). Can Tebow win this game with his arm? Will McCoy be smart enough to come out passing against the Jets?

Yes I expect them to beat the Jets. McCoy better not come out passing against the Jets. The best thing they do is stop the pass.

The Jets couldn't stop NE from running (twice this year). The Broncos are going to run it down their throats all day.

camdisco24
11-14-2011, 09:01 AM
Yes I expect them to beat the Jets. McCoy better not come out passing against the Jets. The best thing they do is stop the pass.

The Jets couldn't stop NE from running (twice this year). The Broncos are going to run it down their throats all day.

After last nights game, I agree with this. If we can get the running game moving, we can stick with the Jets. But like Chaz said, we need to pass more than 8 times.

The key to the game is tot get ahead early and force Marky to throw. When he gets behind his makes him questionable throws. I'd like to see a big day from Champ on Thurs.

CoachChaz
11-14-2011, 09:02 AM
If the reborn Andre Carter can notch 5 sacks...I feel good about Doom and Miller having solid games.

UnderArmour
11-14-2011, 09:03 AM

The Jets did everything they could both times against New England to stop them from passing. They had like 5-7 defensive backs on the field just to force the Patriots to run. We are going to see looks like they had against the Bills where they held Fred Jackson to 82 yards and kept the run in check for most of the game. I don't think we'll be able to do what New England did unless Tebow can make some throws to force them to put the same defensive back look they had on the field.

TXBRONC
11-14-2011, 09:09 AM
Yes it's possible. At the beginning of the year I thought this would be more than likely loss but now no I don't think so.

red98
11-14-2011, 09:19 AM
The Jets did everything they could both times against New England to stop them from passing. They had like 5-7 defensive backs on the field just to force the Patriots to run. We are going to see looks like they had against the Bills where they held Fred Jackson to 82 yards and kept the run in check for most of the game. I don't think we'll be able to do what New England did unless Tebow can make some throws to force them to put the same defensive back look they had on the field.

I am not saying to do what NE did. I'm saying if the Jets can't stop a poor running team like NE, even late when they desperately need the ball back, in two games this year, then there is no way they can stop a very good running team like the Broncos.

The key is to stay committed to the run (unlike what the Bills did). Sure throw a few more passes and trust Tebow a little more, he needs the practice after all. Just don't throw towards Revis and don't get cute by coming out and throwing on every down.

Should be a ton of fun!

Agent of Orange
11-14-2011, 09:19 AM
If Tebow leaves 14 points on the field like he did against the Chiefs then we aren't. You can't blow those chances because we the Jets are a solid D.

Tebow would have been 6/8 with over 100 yards if the WRs would have held on to passes that they should have had.

Thnikkaman
11-14-2011, 09:22 AM
No.

The Jets will win by 500. Sanchez will have 50 TDs.

Corrected for the real outcome

slim
11-14-2011, 09:26 AM
Corrected for the real outcome

Sanchez will be on the bench by the start of the 3rd quarter and Rex will be sucking on Mark's toes after the game.

TXBRONC
11-14-2011, 09:26 AM
I am not saying to do what NE did. I'm saying if the Jets can't stop a poor running team like NE, even late when they desperately need the ball back, in two games this year, then there is no way they can stop a very good running team like the Broncos.

The key is to stay committed to the run (unlike what the Bills did). Sure throw a few more passes and trust Tebow a little more, he needs the practice after all. Just don't throw towards Revis and don't get cute by coming out and throwing on every down.

Should be a ton of fun!

I agree Denver will need to run the ball well but at the same time I find it hard to believe we can only throw the ball 8 times and win. It's a winnable game but I think Denver will still have to put the ball up more than 8 times.

Thnikkaman
11-14-2011, 09:29 AM
Sanchez will be on the bench by the start of the 3rd quarter and Rex will be sucking on Mark's toes after the game.

At that point, the Jets will be so far ahead, that Rex will suit up for the 4th and take snaps as the QB.

TXBRONC
11-14-2011, 09:29 AM
Tebow would have been 6/8 with over 100 yards if the WRs would have held on to passes that they should have had.

Maybe. The shuffle pass to Royal was behind the line of scrimmage and even if he would have caught it looked like he would have been probably tackled for a loss.

red98
11-14-2011, 09:30 AM
I agree Denver will need to run the ball well but at the same time I find it hard to believe we can only throw the ball 8 times and win. It's a winnable game but I think Denver will still have to put the ball up more than 8 times.

I would never have believed it possible at all before yesterday! :D

I think if the Bronco's defense plays as well as it has recently then Tebow puts it up 15 times or less.

TXBRONC
11-14-2011, 09:38 AM
I would never have believed it possible at all before yesterday! :D

I think if the Bronco's defense plays as well as it has recently then Tebow puts it up 15 times or less.

I realize one of the biggest reasons that Tebow only threw the ball only 8 times is because the Chiefs could stop the run.

I wasn't clear about it but what I meant was that I don't think we can do that against the Jets and win.

MasterShake
11-14-2011, 09:45 AM
I Tebow is the most overrated player, then the Jets are the most overrated team after what I saw last night. Sanchez will be easy to rattle if Von and Doom are playing like they are, and if Denver goes up early we can suffocate them. Hopefully McGahee is 100%, that will make a big difference.

On second thought, maybe I shouldn't respond. I'm being a bit of a homer lately!:lol:

slim
11-14-2011, 09:48 AM
McGahee needs to play. The run game is absolutely gashing people when he is in there.

MOtorboat
11-14-2011, 09:49 AM
I don't see why not...

Pressure Sanchez like they pressured Cassel, hang onto the ball and finish drives with scores...

Slick
11-14-2011, 10:01 AM
I don't see why not...

Pressure Sanchez like they pressured Cassel, hang onto the ball and finish drives with scores...

If McGahee plays we can do this. I have my doubts if Lance Ball is starting. Ball ran hard but he was gassed trying to handle all of the load.

TXBRONC
11-14-2011, 10:04 AM
I Tebow is the most overrated player, then the Jets are the most overrated team after what I saw last night. Sanchez will be easy to rattle if Von and Doom are playing like they are, and if Denver goes up early we can suffocate them. Hopefully McGahee is 100%, that will make a big difference.

On second thought, maybe I shouldn't respond. I'm being a bit of a homer lately!:lol:

It doesn't make you a homer to think Denver can win this game. I think it's winnable. That doesn't mean we will but I think we have a better chance now than did a month ago.

Dreadnought
11-14-2011, 10:22 AM
If McGahee plays we can do this. I have my doubts if Lance Ball is starting. Ball ran hard but he was gassed trying to handle all of the load.

In fairness 30 rush attempts will gas most guys. I agree I'd rather have McGahee though, no question about it

Slick
11-14-2011, 10:38 AM
In fairness 30 rush attempts will gas most guys. I agree I'd rather have McGahee though, no question about it

Absolutely Dread. I just don't want Spencer Larsen splitting carries with Lance Ball against the Jets.

BORDERLINE
11-14-2011, 10:39 AM
We have a legit shot. I bet the Chiefs had intentions of making Tebow throw but could not stop the run the threat of Tebow taking it himself puts a heavy burden on a defense and even with our 3rd string RB we where able to move the ball.

Tebbs will definitely need to pass more but if we can control the running game we have a clear shot of winning this

Mike
11-14-2011, 10:48 AM
Ask me this question 3-4 weeks ago and I would say no chance.

Now, I say probably not. But I think they can do it.

Northman
11-14-2011, 11:07 AM

^This

The Jets are 21st vs the run and if Denver can run like they have the last two weeks they will make it very difficult for the Jets to get blitz happy with Tebow. Last night the only reason Brady had success is because he is Tom Brady. Tebow isnt near the pinpoint accurate passer that he is and if we go in trying to pass it heavily we will lose.

Also, the Pats have one of the worst defenses right now but they were able to get pressure on Sanchez and sack him multiple times. Its imperative that Von and Doom get pressure on him and a lot. And as usual try to stop their run game with Greene and LT.

If we can run the ball, setting up the big play like yesterday all the while get pressure on Sanchez and make him make some bad throws we can win this game. If McCoy tries to get too cute and have Tebow throw it too much we lose. Stick with whats working i dont care if we win 3-0.

BroncoNut
11-14-2011, 11:32 AM
I think the key to victory in this game for Denver is the defense. Shaun Greene must be contained early and often. We need to stuff that threat and adjust when it is thrown at us throughout the game. I like our secondary in this game. an int or other form of a turnover will be key I think. Pass rush the shit out of Sanchez put him on his back early.

Tebow and Macgahee will need to get some yards on their feet. We will have to go to the air more often than we did yesterday to keep the offensive attack effective and point scoring. this is a game of momentum. no turnovers of course.

slim
11-14-2011, 11:48 AM
I assume the Jet players are off today and traveling on Wednesday?

Not much time for them to prepare for an offense unlike any they have ever faced.

Nomad
11-14-2011, 11:59 AM
I assume the Jet players are off today and traveling on Wednesday?

Not much time for them to prepare for an offense unlike any they have ever faced.

I hear the BRONCOS are working on the Statue of Liberty play this week and Tebow's jumpshot pass.:D

Mike
11-14-2011, 12:05 PM
I think the key to victory in this game for Denver is the defense. Shaun Greene must be contained early and often. We need to stuff that threat and adjust when it is thrown at us throughout the game. I like our secondary in this game. an int or other form of a turnover will be key I think. Pass rush the shit out of Sanchez put him on his back early.

Tebow and Macgahee will need to get some yards on their feet. We will have to go to the air more often than we did yesterday to keep the offensive attack effective and point scoring. this is a game of momentum. no turnovers of course.

And score more points. We definitely have to score more points than they do.

slim
11-14-2011, 12:06 PM

I agree.

Scoring fewer points is tough to overcome (but if anyone can, it's TT).

T.K.O.
11-14-2011, 12:06 PM
where's Tatum Bell ? :confused:

WTE
11-14-2011, 12:07 PM

NE is not a poor running team. They just choose to pass more.

The Patriots are averaging 4.2 yards per carry which is tied for 16th in the league. That's not poor. It's not great but it's not poor.

Plus, there's a big difference in stopping the run when your primary focus is to stop the pass.

The Jets primary focus will be to stop Denver's running game. They could care less about your passing game.

TXBRONC
11-14-2011, 12:07 PM
Ask me this question 3-4 weeks ago and I would say no chance.

Now, I say probably not. But I think they can do it.

My thoughts exactly.

red98
11-14-2011, 01:03 PM
NE is not a poor running team. They just choose to pass more.

The Patriots are averaging 4.2 yards per carry which is tied for 16th in the league. That's not poor. It's not great but it's not poor.

Plus, there's a big difference in stopping the run when your primary focus is to stop the pass.

The Jets primary focus will be to stop Denver's running game. They could care less about your passing game.

Nineteenth in rushing is poor and the Patriots can only run at all because they are a very good passing team and defenses have to respect that. The Broncos are second in rushing and are rushing for 5.0 per carry. They are committed to running it. Put nine in the box they don't care, they are running it.

Nobody cares about Denver's passing game and yet they still can't stop them from running.

WTE
11-14-2011, 01:08 PM
Nineteenth in rushing is poor and the Patriots can only run at all because they are a very good passing team and defenses have to respect that. The Broncos are second in rushing and are rushing for 5.0 per carry. They are committed to running it. Put nine in the box they don't care, they are running it.

Nobody cares about Denver's passing game and yet they still can't stop them from running.

That's yards per game, who cares about that when you choose to pass more.

BTW, Ladanian's thigh is hurting thanks to the pounding he received from New England's new nickle back Julian Edelman!

cuzz4169
11-14-2011, 01:09 PM
Denver will have to use the TE's against the Jets. Run the ball and get the TE's going in the passing game. Nothing the jets do on offense scares me.

slim
11-14-2011, 01:11 PM
My prediction: Tim Tebow plays barefoot. Rex spends the day trying to hide his excitement behind his play card. His halftime adjustment (taping in down) fails when Tebow counters by painting his toenails.

Northman
11-14-2011, 01:16 PM
My prediction: Tim Tebow plays barefoot. Rex spends the day trying to hide his excitement behind his play card. His halftime adjustment (taping in down) fails when Tebow counters by painting his toenails.

We just got to jump in feet first.

slim
11-14-2011, 01:17 PM
We just got to jump in feet first.

I agree...just put our best foot forward and see what happens.

red98
11-14-2011, 01:23 PM
That's yards per game, who cares about that when you choose to pass more.

BTW, Ladanian's thigh is hurting thanks to the pounding he received from New England's new nickle back Julian Edelman!

Yards per game is how you measure team rushing success, of course.

Yes, Julian molested him, he's good at that. Not quite Troy Brown though.

Seriously, the patriots D really did come through for them last night. They looked much better rushing the passer.

T.K.O.
11-14-2011, 01:26 PM
it will be a game of feet,not inches

Northman
11-14-2011, 01:29 PM
it will be a game of feet,not inches

Lets just hope we dont trip and stub our toes.

weazel
11-14-2011, 01:31 PM
nope... our coaches dont even think our QB can complete more than a couple passes a game.

T.K.O.
11-14-2011, 01:32 PM
Gotta love the kid's attitude.........
"I'll just start watching the Jets film in a few minutes when we get on the bus, try to prepare and get ready," Tebow said just before leaving Arrowhead Stadium tonight.

Asked if that meant the Broncos coaches had allowed him only a few minutes to enjoy the victory over the Chiefs, Tebow said, smiling: "That's more my choice."

http://www.denverpost.com/sports/ci_19329415

Read more: Broncos' Tim Tebow already prepping for New York Jets - The Denver Post http://www.denverpost.com/sports/ci_19329415#ixzz1dhpV1Y9Q
Read The Denver Post's Terms of Use of its content: http://www.denverpost.com/termsofuse

Bullgator
11-14-2011, 01:37 PM
There is a good chance that we win the game.

The jets are coming off a loss with only 2 days to prepare for the most unconventional offense in the league.

Its hard for me to believe they can be prepared to scheme against the numbers problem that our running game poses in just 2 days. Not With out totally selling out and leaving the backside butt naked... and we all know even if Tebow only throws 4 passes they can hurt when the D is forced into cheating that much.

Sanchez is having his problems and you can see the team is losing confidence in him. Rex called his untimely timeout the "dumbest play ever".

I think these teams are going in opposite directions (at least for the time being) and Denver will win by at least 10 points.

Quote me.

slim
11-14-2011, 01:40 PM
I can't believe we have only won 1 home game this year. How is that even possible?

T.K.O.
11-14-2011, 01:42 PM
Our running game took a HUGE hit yesterday....if and only if McGahee is at least 80% can we sustain the type of running attack that won the last 2 games.
i'm not saying we lose BUT...Tebow will need to open up the passing game to compete if we only have 1 ball to play with !:eek:

nevcraw
you can't just dip your tow in the water on this one..

Slick
There is a good chance that we win the game.

The jets are coming off a loss with only 2 days to prepare for the most unconventional offense in the league.

Its hard for me to believe they can be prepared to scheme against the numbers problem that our running game poses in just 2 days. Not With out totally selling out and leaving the backside butt naked... and we all know even if Tebow only throws 4 passes they can hurt when the D is forced into cheating that much.

Sanchez is having his problems and you can see the team is losing confidence in him. Rex called his untimely timeout the "dumbest play ever".

I think these teams are going in opposite directions (at least for the time being) and Denver will win by at least 10 points.

Quote me.

Consider yourself quoted. I hope you are right, bull.

nevcraw
11-14-2011, 01:44 PM
If TT can pull this one off it will be one small step for man, and one giant leap for mankind

Slick
11-14-2011, 01:50 PM
nope... our coaches dont even think our QB can complete more than a couple passes a game.

Tebow was 2-8 for 69 yards.

Cassell was 13-28 for 93 yards.

Stafford threw 68 times and got his ass kicked by 24 points.

We're averaging 275 yards rushing the last two games. I'll take that all day long.

BroncoNut
11-14-2011, 01:51 PM

a DUH

weazel
11-14-2011, 01:52 PM
Yeah, I hate it when we win too.

who said I hated when we win? I just said that our coaches dont think the QB will complete passes. It was more a knock on our coaches...

weazel
11-14-2011, 01:54 PM
Tebow was 2-8 for 69 yards.

Cassell was 13-28 for 93 yards.

Stafford threw 68 times and got his ass kicked by 24 points.

We're averaging 275 yards rushing the last two games. I'll take that all day long.

I guess we could post stats of all kinds to prove whatever point we're trying to make but the reality is our coaches don't have the guts to let the kid throw the ball. We beat AFC West teams without throwing the ball... whoopy, it was the ******* raiders and the cheifs lmao

TXBRONC
11-14-2011, 01:54 PM
I can't believe we have only won 1 home game this year. How is that even possible?

In part poor play from Kyle Orton.

Mobile Post via http://Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

wayninja
11-14-2011, 01:58 PM
If our defense doesn't get caught flat footed, we can put them on their heels and I like our chances against this arch enemy. Our sole motivation has to be winning the division to accomplish this feet.

Slick
11-14-2011, 02:01 PM
I guess we could post stats of all kinds to prove whatever point we're trying to make but the reality is our coaches don't have the guts to let the kid throw the ball. We beat AFC West teams without throwing the ball... whoopy, it was the ******* raiders and the cheifs lmao

We haven't beaten the Raiders or the Chiefs on the road in the same season since forever. So yeah, it kind of is a big deal.

I think the coaches have showed more guts by doing what they're doing with Tebow at this point, than by trying to make him do something he isn't ready to do yet, if ever.

Expect more of the same Thursday night. You think the coaches want Tebow throwing it 30 times a game against Revis and Cromartie?

NameUsedBefore
11-14-2011, 02:02 PM
Hm, per HardHitta (http://forums.theganggreen.com/customavatars/avatar7733_86.gif) of the prestigious NYJ boards:

Tebow can't pass to save his life but they are playing good with him and will find a way to beat us in denver, ending our shitty year.

**** THE POLICE

BroncoNut
11-14-2011, 02:03 PM
Hm, per HardHitta (http://forums.theganggreen.com/customavatars/avatar7733_86.gif) of the prestigious NYJ boards:

makes me wonder how many of my posts are copied and pasted to other forums

weazel
11-14-2011, 02:04 PM
We haven't beaten the Raiders or the Chiefs on the road in the same season since forever. So yeah, it kind of is a big deal.

I think the coaches have showed more guts by doing what they're doing with Tebow at this point, than by trying to make him do something he isn't ready to do yet, if ever.

Expect more of the same Thursday night. You think the coaches want Tebow throwing it 30 times a game against Revis and Cromartie?

no, I dont think they want him throwing 3 times against anyone.

slim
11-14-2011, 02:11 PM
makes me wonder how many of my posts are copied and pasted to other forums

I send everyone of your posts to the department of defense and to my local police department.

BroncoNut
11-14-2011, 02:13 PM
I send everyone of your posts to the department of defense and to my local police department.

thanks Slim old buddy. Appreciate it. You're a real peach :2thumbs:

Nomad
11-14-2011, 02:14 PM

Are you monitoring his posts in the Penn State thread?!?:D

Slick
11-14-2011, 02:20 PM
good one weazel

BroncoNut
11-14-2011, 02:20 PM
Are you monitoring his posts in the Penn State thread?!?:D

man, if you don't want to hang every staff member at PSU from the highest tree, like yesterday, you condone the actions of pedophiles

CrazyHorse
11-14-2011, 02:53 PM
Ground and pound to beat them at their own game.

Cugel
11-14-2011, 03:11 PM

You're blaming the wrong guy. Both passes hung in the air like wounded ducks and were under thrown. This allowed the defenders to react to the ball. If he hit either Decker or Royal in stride like he did on the TD to Decker later in the game that's 14 more points and the game is a blow out with the Broncos up by 20 points at the half.

Cugel
11-14-2011, 03:16 PM
Did any of the people who think the Jets are going to win this game WATCH the Jets last night? This is not a good Jets team. Mark Sanchez is playing poorly. The Jets defense is not playing like they did last year. Their offense looked inept for long stretches of the game.

And this is against a Patriots defense that is MUCH WORSE than Denver's right now. The ONE positive difference is that they have Tom Brady who can make throws Tebow only makes in his dreams.

But, Hell yes! The Broncos can and should beat the Jets on Thursday night by running effectively and putting more pressure on the Jets offense. I don't know why people would be picking the Jets on a short week in Denver. :confused:

I say the Broncos by 10.

Softskull
11-14-2011, 03:30 PM
I'm with you Cugel. I think we've got the Jets at the perfect time. Short week, they travel, huge disappointing divisional loss, our strength against their weakness.

But than again, I'm a complete homer. I still expect Ayers to get his 9 sacks this season.

Cugel
11-14-2011, 03:58 PM
I'm with you Cugel. I think we've got the Jets at the perfect time. Short week, they travel, huge disappointing divisional loss, our strength against their weakness.

But than again, I'm a complete homer. I still expect Ayers to get his 9 sacks this season.

I'm not at all a homer, but I just don't see a Jets win unless they totally turn their team around in a very short week.

It would be tough for a really GOOD team to come into Denver with only 3 days to prepare and play on Thursday -- let alone against a Denver team with such an unconventional offense as Tebow running the triple option.

Not only should the Broncos be favored to win this game but the Jets could look worse on defense than the Chiefs did.

In any case the Jets offense is not playing well, and there are plenty of analysts who think Mark Sanchez is not ever going to be an elite QB in the NFL. He needs to stop posing for magazine covers and dating playmates and start working on his passing!

Nick
11-14-2011, 06:41 PM
Believe it or not but I am very optimistic on this. I we stick with our game plan and mcgahee is back and Tim makes the throws he needs and keeps improving which he has. We got a very solid shot at the Jets.

nevcraw
11-14-2011, 06:53 PM
You're blaming the wrong guy. Both passes hung in the air like wounded ducks and were under thrown. This allowed the defenders to react to the ball. If he hit either Decker or Royal in stride like he did on the TD to Decker later in the game that's 14 more points and the game is a blow out with the Broncos up by 20 points at the half.

boy did we did see those passes differently.. not to mention to criticize the thrower on very catchable balls on low percentage passes without any rhythm is rather Meril Hodgian of you..

T.K.O.
11-14-2011, 06:56 PM
I agree...just put our best foot forward and see what happens.

i have heard Sexy Rexy prefers de-feet to victory:beer:

GEM
11-14-2011, 06:58 PM
It's not can we, it's WHEN WE.

When we beat the Jets, Mike from Mike & Mike will cry.
When we beat the Jets, we will be 5-5.
When we beat the Jets, Ryan will be gathering his players socks and... ewwww.

When we beat the Jets, we won't be in the cellar of the AFCW anymore. :rockon:

BRONCO FAN SINCE 84
11-14-2011, 07:07 PM
We need to get some 10 to 15 yard passes for Tebow and go deep to E. Deck and D.Thomas! Use D. Fells and J Thomas at TE! Throw about 24 times Tebow run about 10 and Rb carries about 35 to 40! Winning formula

hamrob
11-14-2011, 09:15 PM
We have a chance for sure. Our defense has to put pressure on Sanchez and stuff the run. Then our offense has to pound the ball and not turn the ball over.

I would not be surprised to see Timmy run more of the read option in this game to losen up their defensive front 7.

I would expect more of a mix between run/pass....more in line with the Oakland game with 21 passes.

Tebow has to lead his troops. This is his home. He has to establish a winning way in Denver. The Detroit game was disgraceful. We need to get back that old mile high magic...where we always thought we were going to win...no matter who it was!!!

wayninja
11-14-2011, 09:35 PM
It's not can we, it's WHEN WE.

When we beat the Jets, Mike from Mike & Mike will cry.
When we beat the Jets, we will be 5-5.
When we beat the Jets, Ryan will be gathering his players socks and... ewwww.

When we beat the Jets, we won't be in the cellar of the AFCW anymore. :rockon:

When we beat the Jets, Tebow will still somehow suck.
When we beat the Jets, the analysts will still predict the Chargers to take the division.
When we beat the Jets, those same Chargers will be shitting themselves.

Superchop 7
11-14-2011, 10:02 PM
IMHO......you put the Jets in a dime package all game long.

Advantage.....Broncos.

Dapper Dan
11-14-2011, 10:13 PM
I hope McGahee is at least 90% healthy. I agree that Tebow will throw around 15 passes this game. But if the Jets begin stopping our running game and keep us at 3rd and long then we're hurting.

Ravage!!!
11-14-2011, 10:46 PM
Sure.. with our incredibly vaunted defense, why not? I mean, we might even attempt 9 whole passes this week if things go well! :lol:

I'm sure our running attack has them shaking in their boots. Anyone that watched that amazing offensive performance, is shaking in their boots!!

Ravage!!!
11-14-2011, 10:48 PM

What are you talking about? Other than the shuffle pass, the pass behind the LoS that went for 10 yards, and the third down "out" that Tim threw at the feet 5 yrds in front of the WR....everything was deep and wasn't even CLOSE to being caught.... nor close to being some WR drop.

Dapper Dan
11-14-2011, 11:01 PM
What are you talking about? Other than the shuffle pass, the pass behind the LoS that went for 10 yards, and the third down "out" that Tim threw at the feet 5 yrds in front of the WR....everything was deep and wasn't even CLOSE to being caught.... nor close to being some WR drop.

One of the incomplete downfield passes to Decker was underthrown. But catchable. Therefore, close. Or...CLOSE.

Dreadnought
11-14-2011, 11:03 PM
One of the incomplete downfield passes to Decker was underthrown. But catchable. Therefore, close. Or...CLOSE.

Yeah, there was exactly one really badly thrown ball. So be it.

MileHiWildcat
11-14-2011, 11:05 PM
Our running game took a HUGE hit yesterday....if and only if McGahee is at least 80% can we sustain the type of running attack that won the last 2 games.
i'm not saying we lose BUT...Tebow will need to open up the passing game to compete if we only have 1 ball to play with !:eek:

I hope you do realize that Tebow does not call the plays.

MOtorboat
11-14-2011, 11:11 PM
I hope you do realize that Tebow does not call the plays.

I hope you realize a 25 percent completion percentage is atrocious, much less 44 percent, or whatever pathetic completion percentage Tebow is putting up right now for the season.

MileHiWildcat
11-14-2011, 11:13 PM

That is total B.S. Don't quit your day job because your football analysis skills suck.

MileHiWildcat
11-14-2011, 11:14 PM
I hope you realize a 25 percent completion percentage is atrocious, much less 44 percent, or whatever pathetic completion percentage Tebow is putting up right now for the season.

Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah You are not a Broncos fan.

Dapper Dan
11-14-2011, 11:15 PM
Does anyone else think that 8 passes over 4 quarters of football isn't enough to get in a rhythm? Even for someone who has good accuracy. Not many QBs would have thrown as good of a pass as he did to Decker for the TD after the low # of passes he took. Two completions isn't great. But 8 attempts doesn't help. But like the FO said, we didn't have to throw much. And when we did, Tim came through with a perfect TD pass that won the game for us.

MOtorboat
11-14-2011, 11:16 PM
That is total B.S. Don't quit your day job because your football analysis skills suck.

I see you can't even remotely discuss what actually happened.

The second pass to Decker was severely underthrown. If Orton had thrown that pass, people would have started thread upon thread about how terrible he was and called him every name in the book.

MOtorboat
11-14-2011, 11:24 PM
Except he hasn't. And I've commended him this week, thoroughly. It still wasn't pretty.

I'm starting to wonder if I'm the only one who notices your insults in every post. :whoknows:

BeefStew25
11-14-2011, 11:34 PM
Any Given Thursday, men. They made a movie about it. Moved the team to Albuquerque even. And that town is a complete shit hole.

wayninja
11-14-2011, 11:37 PM
If Orton had thrown that pass, people would have started thread upon thread about how terrible he was and called him every name in the book.

Orton? Who's Orton?

Dapper Dan
11-14-2011, 11:39 PM
Orton? Who's Orton?

He was a WR. I think we released him.

wayninja
11-14-2011, 11:40 PM
He was a WR. I think we released him.

Orton hears a who-the-****-was-that?

kcvet
11-15-2011, 10:08 AM
DUCK !!!

http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/systems/aircraft/images/fa-18ef-superhornet4.jpg

Mike
11-15-2011, 10:33 AM
DUCK !!!

http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/systems/aircraft/images/fa-18ef-superhornet4.jpg

You guys got beat by the Dolphins...and the Tebow-led Broncos...at home. Shut up and go away. ;)

kcvet
11-15-2011, 10:38 AM
You guys got beat by the Dolphins...and the Tebow-led Broncos...at home. Shut up and go away. ;)

anxiety attack ??

TXBRONC
11-15-2011, 10:51 AM
anxiety attack ??

Sour grapes?

Jsteve01
11-15-2011, 10:52 AM
anxiety attack ??

I think if I were a chefs fan, I'd be more concerned about the fact that my team sucks and we're taking Divisional losses in November than trolling a Broncos board.

MOtorboat
11-15-2011, 10:54 AM
anxiety attack ??

http://cdn1.sbnation.com/entry_photo_images/2267631/132683202_extra_large.jpg

Jsteve01
11-15-2011, 11:23 AM
http://cdn1.sbnation.com/entry_photo_images/2267631/132683202_extra_large.jpg

that's what I call a little "shoot first and ask questions later"

I Eat Staples
11-15-2011, 11:26 AM
Sure, we CAN beat them.

Will we? I doubt it.

slim
11-15-2011, 11:43 AM
Sure, we CAN beat them.

Will we? I doubt it.

IDK, it seems like we are catching them at the right time.

Their run D isn't that good and if McGahee plays, I can see our run game gashing them.

Sanchez is going to be on his back all night.

MNPatsFan
11-15-2011, 01:38 PM
Sure, we CAN beat them.

Will we? I doubt it.I sure hope you do!:elefant:

This Thursday I will be a HUGE Broncos fan hoping your team contributes to the demise of the Jets' season and playoff hopes.:beer:

The Jets are beat up, LT has a sprained MCL I believe, and the whiny Jets are really complaining about having very little time to practice and fly to Denver to play the Broncos. Looks like the Jets are taking after LT and becoming crybabies!:laugh:

BroncoNut
11-15-2011, 01:42 PM
I sure hope you do!:elefant:

This Thursday I will be a HUGE Broncos fan hoping your team contributes to the demise of the Jets' season and playoff hopes.:beer:

The Jets are beat up, LT has a sprained MCL I believe, and the whiny Jets are really complaining about having very little time to practice and fly to Denver to play the Broncos. Looks like the Jets are taking after LT and becoming crybabies!:laugh:

why do they have so little time to practice? it's a thursday night game isn't it? this isn't like the first thursday night game ever is it?

TT15Superman
11-15-2011, 01:58 PM
why do they have so little time to practice? it's a thursday night game isn't it? this isn't like the first thursday night game ever is it?Their 46 defense is supposedly suited to beating the run game and the option game. Apparently, from what I have read, WCO beats it with quick timed passes.

The questions are:
1. Do they have the personnel to truly run the 46 D effectively? (size and speed of LBs)
2. Will an aggressive OL handily beat the 46 and any "scrape exchange" wrinkle?
3. Will our WRs/TEs outmatch their DEs?

slim
11-15-2011, 02:03 PM
My question is: will Bellichick's son follow through on his father's request.

Thnikkaman
11-15-2011, 02:11 PM
What do you feel Oakland's chances are against Chicago?

MNPatsFan
11-15-2011, 02:14 PM
why do they have so little time to practice? it's a thursday night game isn't it? this isn't like the first thursday night game ever is it?According to the Jets:
Our game ended after midnight Monday morning
We have to fly to Denver Wednesday so we essentially only have 2-2.5 days to practice, install our offensive and defensive game plans, and heal up.

With regards to healing up, Cris Carter said that he used to either head back to the stadium Sunday night or take ice home to fill his tub/team's whirlpool up with ice and sit in it all Sunday night in order to speed up his recovery. Because they played the Sunday night game and didn't finish the game until after midnight Monday morning, the Jets weren't able to do that so in essence are a day behind in their recovery.

Not sure whether the Jets will do a walk through on Thursday in Denver?

I believe that essentially summarizes their complaints, but please feel free to supplement this summary if you are aware of some I missed.:salute:

BroncoNut
11-15-2011, 03:12 PM
What do you feel Oakland's chances are against Chicago?

I think doable, but slim. chicago's playing well right now and the game is in chicago. The Raiders are coming off of a nice win in SanDiego though. Might be a good game to watch

BroncoNut
11-15-2011, 03:14 PM
According to the Jets:
We have to fly to Denver Wednesday so we essentially only have 2-2.5 days to practice, install our offensive and defensive game plans, and heal up.

With regards to healing up, Cris Carter said that he used to either head back to the stadium Sunday night or take ice home to fill his tub/team's whirlpool up with ice and sit in it all Sunday night in order to speed up his recovery. Because they played the Sunday night game and didn't finish the game until after midnight Monday morning, the Jets weren't able to do that so in essence are a day behind in their recovery.

I believe that essentially summarizes their complaints, but please feel free to supplement this summary if you are aware of some I missed.:salute:

no. that is sufficient. I'm sure it's happened before, but it is a tough break

Shazam!
11-15-2011, 05:46 PM
The NYJ D was looking exhausted by the start of the 3rd quarter.

If the game was on Sunday I would feel different, but I think the NFL schedule makers did the Broncos a HUGE favor by giving them this game.

If Denver's running game is going like it's been, they'll win this one.

I am SOOOO SICK of hearing how great the Jets are, how Rex is the best Coach in the NFL other than Bellichick. how Sanchez is Capt. Clutch... NYJ fans have gotten soooooo arrogant the past few years here, a nice W against them will be great for me here in NY.

Broncos for the WIN!

MasterShake
11-15-2011, 05:55 PM
The NYJ D was looking exhausted by the start of the 3rd quarter.

If the game was on Sunday I would feel different, but I think the NFL schedule makers did the Broncos a HUGE favor by giving them this game.

If Denver's running game is going like it's been, they'll win this one.

I am SOOOO SICK of hearing how great the Jets are, how Rex is the best Coach in the NFL other than Bellichick. how Sanchez is Capt. Clutch... NYJ fans have gotten soooooo arrogant the past few years here, a nice W against them will be great for me here in NY.

Broncos for the WIN!

Short of a PI call last year, we would have beat them then with a much worse team. I don't see any reason not to think we can't win. If they jump up early and take us out of our gameplan, maybe, but I like our chances.

wayninja
11-15-2011, 08:10 PM
LT is out and historically that dude has been bad news for us. So.. Win!

chazoe60
11-15-2011, 08:17 PM
According to the Jets:

I thought Cris Cater would just snort a line of coke off of a hooker's ass to speed up his recovery.

Npba900
11-16-2011, 08:36 AM
Their 46 defense is supposedly suited to beating the run game and the option game. Apparently, from what I have read, WCO beats it with quick timed passes.

The questions are:
1. Do they have the personnel to truly run the 46 D effectively? (size and speed of LBs)
2. Will an aggressive OL handily beat the 46 and any "scrape exchange" wrinkle?
3. Will our WRs/TEs outmatch their DEs?

The Jets will win the game by stopping Tebow and our RB's and forcing Tebow to win the game with his arm. This will probably mean the Jets stacking 9 in the box and daring Tebow to beat Reavis and Cromartie.

Also, keep in mind with Tebow running the ball and not avoiding contact it will open Tebow up for injury over the last 7 games. So we still have a Fullback playing QB anyway you look at it. After all this is what Tebow ball is all a bout!

So the game is going to come down to the Broncos ability to run the ball to cover up for Tebows passing inconsistencies and the Jets stopping the run and forcing Tebow to beat them with the pass.

of course Reavis probably won't see very many passes coming his way, however, Reavis will intercept(s) a Tebow ill-advised or inaccurate passes as well and even score. So the Reavis factor could definitely be a momentum factor or game changer.

The other scenario is the Jets DL and line backers facing the daunting reality that they just can't stop Trebow and our RB's rushing the ball down their throats for 4 qtrs.

The game is definitely a toss up at this point mainly because Sanchez is so inconsistent playing from within the pocket and is more turn-over prone than Tebow is right now.

Here's the irony. The Jets Defense or their front 7 our probably personally questioning themselves whether they can shutdown the Broncos running attack and stopping Tebow from running the ball. This is all due to they have been condition as Defense to STOP! the pass like the majority of NFL defenses.