PDA

View Full Version : Von Miller

Ziggy
11-13-2011, 11:22 PM
Time to eat my crow. I posted in a thread a few weeks ago that I was worried about Von Miller being a one dimensional edge pass rusher. I couldn't have been any more wrong. The kid is making plays all over the field and punishing QB's. If he goes off on Thursday night, he not only locks up defensive rookie of the year, he very well might make the pro bowl. I'll take my crow cold with some humble pie for dessert.

Denvernut707
11-13-2011, 11:26 PM
You had a reason to be suspicious but all signs point to an amazing career. HOF potential

wayninja
11-13-2011, 11:33 PM
Time to eat my crow. I posted in a thread a few weeks ago that I was worried about Von Miller being a one dimensional edge pass rusher. I couldn't have been any more wrong. The kid is making plays all over the field and punishing QB's. If he goes off on Thursday night, he not only locks up defensive rookie of the year, he very well might make the pro bowl. I'll take my crow cold with some humble pie for dessert.

:salute:

The kid is good. Hopefully he stays healthy and hungry and I see a bright future for him.

BeefStew25
11-13-2011, 11:48 PM
Palmer and now Cassell are sore as shit from that dude.

silkamilkamonico
11-13-2011, 11:54 PM
Great player. Should be a rushing OLB in a 304 and would be even better, but I'm not going to complain.

Montana Battlin Bear
11-14-2011, 12:21 AM
I'm almost positive he makes the pro bowl this year... I love watching him, he is even getting a bit of a nasty streak too

Tned
11-14-2011, 12:24 AM
Palmer and now Cassell are sore as shit from that dude.

Cassell left the stadium with a cast on his hand from that last hit Von put on him.

TXBRONC
11-14-2011, 12:33 AM
Marcell Dareus would have been a great pick but with way Miller is playing I thinks it's awfully hard to argue that Denver made a mistake in taking Miller over Dareus.

tomjonesrocks
11-14-2011, 12:37 AM
Von Miller is a bad, bad man.

EFX hit on the #1 pick, which was the most important move of the offseason. We can pick apart and question other moves but the Broncos needed a smart decision in the war room in the worst way. Highest draft pick for the Broncos ever. Thank goodness they chose wisely.

threefolddead
11-14-2011, 08:08 AM
My god. Yesterday was the first time I got to see him in person at a game. He is amazing. His vision and positioning is next to none. The sky is the limit for him as far as growth.

Agent of Orange
11-14-2011, 09:17 AM
Think about happened yesterday. Denver got up by 2 scores and had their running game going. They chose to continue running the ball and in doing so, they chewed up the clock from early in the game. Essentially, they got 10 points and told the defense, "go bring us home". And it worked. The defense protected the lead for practically the entire game.

Too many people are squawking about our offense but they're looking at the wrong side of the ball. We may not have leaerned a lot about Tebow as a passer yesterday, but we learned a lot about our defense and now we're only a game out in the division.

LTC Pain
11-14-2011, 12:06 PM
Von is a monster! Get some Sanchez this week Von.

Nomad
11-14-2011, 12:08 PM
Miller is definitely the man to build the defense around.....BRONCOS hit a homerun with this guy and I was a guy who really wanted Dareus.

I said in the gamethread yesterday....I swear there are multiple 58's out there because Miller is all over the place.

BigDaddyBronco
11-14-2011, 12:37 PM
He is looking great. Get a lead and unleash Von and Doom. What does he have now? 9 sacks and 40 QB pressures.

BeefStew25
11-14-2011, 01:27 PM
8 sacks.

slim
11-14-2011, 01:29 PM
Rookie record = 14.5

MOtorboat
11-14-2011, 01:52 PM
Von Miller is a problem. And he's a good problem to have.

Cugel
11-14-2011, 03:43 PM
Marcell Dareus would have been a great pick but with way Miller is playing I thinks it's awfully hard to argue that Denver made a mistake in taking Miller over Dareus.

We won't know for a couple of years. Mike Croel looked pretty good his rookie season until offenses realized that he was totally 1 dimensional.

Well, Miller still sucks at coverage, but young guys often do.

Meanwhile it takes a DT a couple of years to learn to make an impact in the NFL. Suh was an exception but rarely do you see that kind of impact.

With the #2 overall pick you hope to get a great player. Elway said that he remembered how Derrick Thomas used to get in his face all the time and wanted a disruptive LB like that.

Well, Miller is a long way away from Derrick Thomas but we'll get to see how he develops.

BroncoWave
11-14-2011, 03:54 PM
Awesome quote from Miller today:

Miller said the fine he got last week didn't change his approach vs. KC. Said his approach is "Shoot first, ask questions later."

www.twitter.com/postbroncos

Nomad
11-14-2011, 04:24 PM
For those interested.....Miller is going to be on NFLN Live in a couple minutes..

http://www.nfl.com/videos/denver-broncos/09000d5d8241e93c/One-on-one-with-Von

BeefStew25
11-14-2011, 05:57 PM
His body is a dream to stare at.

Slick
11-14-2011, 06:12 PM
He jacked up Cassel a lot yesterday and I like how he keeps bringing it the whole game. He will be a factor late in games for years to come.

Mobile Post via http://Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

Mr. Pro Bowl
11-14-2011, 06:26 PM
It was fun seeing him a few weeks ago at the blood drive. Did anyone else went there?

http://i181.photobucket.com/albums/x127/Jurgen4321/9-23.jpg

Locnar
11-14-2011, 06:42 PM
When I think of Von Miller, I think of Mr. T in Rocky III predicting pain.

G_Money
11-14-2011, 09:38 PM
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_-r-WI77O7nA/TSP2vYl_mxI/AAAAAAAAABc/9tbt3Z8d76E/s1600/TAM_Von_Miller35.jpg

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y19/the_filth/FallingDown.jpg

~G

BeefStew25
11-14-2011, 11:23 PM
Shoot first ask questions later. I love it because his Sundays sound like my Saturday nights.

smith49
11-15-2011, 12:33 AM
All I know is that every time a red jersey went to the turf it seemed like Vaughn was there. He was all over the place yesterday.

Davii
11-15-2011, 12:45 AM
Von watched The Princess Bride Saturday night and listened to Billy Crystal, "have fun storming the castle!"

That was fun to watch, our defense has really started finding themselves lately.

Foochacho
11-18-2011, 01:43 AM
Amazing. Love this guy. Mike McCoy on the other hand needs some sense knocked into him.

wayninja
11-18-2011, 01:56 AM
MVP of the Jets game IMHO. Honorable mention to Tebow and Goodman.

horsepig
11-18-2011, 02:06 AM
VonDoom are finaly starting to click. This defense is finally starting to click.

It just takes some positive shit going on to bring out the best in these guys. They are all 6'6" and 325 lbs, what makes one better than the other? Belief thaat you can win!
And that you (him) can contribute to the team effort. This team is rallying around, well, I guess it's gotta Tebow, but they are definitely rallying.

NorCalBronco7
11-18-2011, 02:08 AM
You had a reason to be suspicious but all signs point to an amazing career. HOF potential

Wow OP gets a MILLION fives but, "Geez, Denvernut is bitin off more than he can chew"......"HOF STATUS, LMAO!!!!"

Von Miller WILL brake the rookie sack record, and (another bold self-serving, yet oh-so convincing tid-bit) ...... be the

BEST

DRAFT

PICK

SINCE

ELWAY

how u like them apples?

vhatever
11-18-2011, 02:09 AM
VonDoom are finaly starting to click. This defense is finally starting to click.

It just takes some positive shit going on to bring out the best in these guys. They are all 6'6" and 325 lbs, what makes one better than the other? Belief thaat you can win!
And that you (him) can contribute to the team effort. This team is rallying around, well, I guess it's gotta Tebow, but they are definitely rallying.

Miller has gotten lucky with some roughing the passer calls. He needs to learn a bit of discretion on his hits IMO. Don't believe the idiots at ESPN either that having "bad guys" on defense is good. It just makes O-lineman that much more on their toes and protective of the QB.

Canmore
11-18-2011, 02:10 AM

The team just seems to play harder with Tebow behind center. I don't know why but it seems to be true. We are 4-1 with a blow out loss to the Lions, with Tebow. where would we be without him.

DenBronx
11-18-2011, 02:11 AM
ROY and DROY award is what I think. Newton has fizzled....he was only hot for a couple of weeks and hasnt done much since.

Miller is an animal....off the charts.

And now Dumervil looks like he's fully healed.....it's going to get real ugly for QBs.

And oh yeah, Ayers, McBean and Bunkley have all really stepped up.

This defense looks even better then when Nolan was here and that is a good thing.

wayninja
11-18-2011, 02:11 AM
Miller has gotten lucky with some roughing the passer calls. He needs to learn a bit of discretion on his hits IMO. Don't believe the idiots at ESPN either that having "bad guys" on defense is good. It just makes O-lineman that much more on their toes and protective of the QB.

Yes, but he's a rookie. I like the shoot first and ask questions later mentality.

DenBronx
11-18-2011, 02:13 AM
Wow OP gets a MILLION fives but, "Geez, Denvernut is bitin off more than he can chew"......"HOF STAUS, LMAO!!!!"

Von Miller WILL brake the rookie sack record, and (another bold self-serving, yet oh-so convicting tid-bit) ...... be the

BEST

DRAFT

PICK

SINCE

ELWAY

how u like them apples?

Elways isnt getting enough credit. He too is a rookie of some sorts and is doing a fine job.

Stability is here once again in Denver!

NorCalBronco7
11-18-2011, 02:17 AM

Yeah Miller really needs to HOLD BACK, that what I took from this game. :elefant:

Thanks for the voice of reason, dude!!!

horsepig
11-18-2011, 02:19 AM

Tasker put Von on his: "QB's most hated list".

I love that.

You're right though, its just a matter of time before the "NoFunLosers" zero in on him.

NorCalBronco7
11-18-2011, 02:25 AM
ROY and DROY award is what I think. Newton has fizzled....he was only hot for a couple of weeks and hasnt done much since.

Miller is an animal....off the charts.

And now Dumervil looks like he's fully healed.....it's going to get real ugly for QBs.

And oh yeah, Ayers, McBean and Bunkley have all really stepped up.

This defense looks even better then when Nolan was here and that is a good thing.

Without a question ROY. Cam is sick, dont get me wrong. But Von is a little better at what he does.

Kearse's record is 14.5. Miller is 9.5. Looks like Broncos now have the best rookie pass rusher of ALL TIME. :cool:

silkamilkamonico
11-18-2011, 02:54 AM
Without a question ROY. Cam is sick, dont get me wrong. But Von is a little better at what he does.

Kearse's record is 14.5. Miller is 9.5. Looks like Broncos now have the best rookie pass rusher of ALL TIME. :cool:

I'm beginning to think Dalton could beat Cam out for ROY, and I'm not even kidding.

NorCalBronco7
11-18-2011, 03:00 AM
Elways isnt getting enough credit. He too is a rookie of some sorts and is doing a fine job.

Stability is here once again in Denver!

I think its hard to judge Elway right now. But, I do think hes the right man for the job.

NorCalBronco7
11-18-2011, 03:02 AM
This message was deleted so stop reading it.

NorCalBronco7
11-18-2011, 03:02 AM
I'm beginning to think Dalton could beat Cam out for ROY, and I'm not even kidding.

Dalton and Greene....how sick is that! Yeah, hes awesome. But Miller is a little better. A LITTLE.......:D

he a fire crotch anyways :coffee:

Simple Jaded
11-18-2011, 03:22 AM
When Denver drafted Miller it was obvious to everyone that DT was Denver's biggest need, Denver simply drafted the best player instead.

I thought Dareus should have been the pick, but the way Thomas, Bunkley and McBean are playing it's readily apparent that Denver not only made the right pick with Miller, but they also compensated beautifully for missing out of Dareus. Imagine if Ty Warren had been able to play?

Defense has become the backbone of this team, it's been a long time coming. Now it's time to fix the mess that Leper Messiah left on offense.......

claymore
11-18-2011, 08:48 AM

You can credit that pick six to Miller. He was in Sanchez's head.

I love the hits, keep them up. I love that QB's have to account for more than Champ Bailey, and there seems to be some Moxy/mean/toughness on our team now.

threefolddead
11-18-2011, 08:57 AM
Von Miller was intense last night. That was an amazing performance from him. He may have been close to Roughing the passer a few times but I don't want him to turn off his motor at all. We see those plays in slow motion and can make that judgment. If he starts letting up getting worried about those calls he won't be nearly as effective. He rattled Sanchez cage like nobodys buisness and that sack on him on their last drive was beautiful. I bet Sanchez has some nightmares about Miller and Dumervil

Agent of Orange
11-18-2011, 09:25 AM
Von Miller was intense last night. That was an amazing performance from him. He may have been close to Roughing the passer a few times but I don't want him to turn off his motor at all. We see those plays in slow motion and can make that judgment. If he starts letting up getting worried about those calls he won't be nearly as effective. He rattled Sanchez cage like nobodys buisness and that sack on him on their last drive was beautiful. I bet Sanchez has some nightmares about Miller and Dumervil

He played out of his mind. 10 tackles, 3 tackles for loss, 1.5 sacks, 1 FF, and 1 pass defended. And the pass defended was the good kind, ie not one that should have been an INT. He got his hand up at the LOS.

When Miller made that sack on Sanchez where he abused the RT, I thought, maybe he's our Tebow on defense (ie a guy who slams the door shut at the end). He's been doing it at the ends of games too...along with the rest of the game.

gregbroncs
11-18-2011, 09:34 AM
That sack he had on the last drive was amazing. He blew off of the line so fast the RT was beat before he even really moved. Miller looked like he just barely pushed him and the guy fell on his ass. That was a great rush.

CoachChaz
11-18-2011, 09:38 AM
being a married man, I dont get to do it very often, but, I love being able to sit back and say...

...I told ya'll so

A few of you were on board with Miller prior to the draft, but the vast majority hated the idea. Glad to see my boy could make believers out of everyone

slim
11-18-2011, 09:41 AM
He absolutely abused the RT on that last sack....that was freaking awesome.

Love this kid....

TXBRONC
11-18-2011, 09:41 AM
being a married man, I dont get to do it very often, but, I love being able to sit back and say...

...I told ya'll so

A few of you were on board with Miller prior to the draft, but the vast majority hated the idea. Glad to see my boy could make believers out of everyone

I wanted Denver to draft Dareus but once the pick was made I was fine with it.

HammeredOut
11-18-2011, 09:43 AM
I just bought a Von Miller Jersey. This kid is amazing, and the best thing to happen to Denver in a long time. Our identity can now be that of Von Miller. If our defense gives up anything like what they did last season, we wouldn't be winning games with offensive scores like 18 and 17. Infact, our defense could be compared to the Jets defense back in 09'.

As long as Tebow does his thing, and lets the Blitz blow by, we can always keep the game close, and the defense is allowing for the Offense to make a comeback.

I believe this is the best defense since we won the superbowl. They look alot like it. I am proud we have an Identity now. Broncos can now move forward.

TXBRONC
11-18-2011, 09:43 AM
He absolutely abused the RT on that last sack....that was freaking awesome.

Love this kid....

Yeah I'm surprised he wasn't arrested on suspicion of rape.

BigDaddyBronco
11-18-2011, 09:44 AM
I still think Dareus is going to be a really good player, but wanting him was based on how bad the DT's were last year. Now they are playing lights out (wow has coaching made a difference) and Von was the perfect pick. He looks special, think how he'll be after a couple of years of seasoning.

TXBRONC
11-18-2011, 10:04 AM
I still think Dareus is going to be a really good player, but wanting him was based on how bad the DT's were last year. Now they are playing lights out (wow has coaching made a difference) and Von was the perfect pick. He looks special, think how he'll be after a couple of years of seasoning.

I'm with you on that my desire to draft Dareus was based on our need and I also think he's going to be a very good player.

I also think with all the criticism Fox and Allen took about the defensive tackle position they deserve some praise for what that unit is doing right now. Bunkley from day one has proven to be a good signing and now M. Thomas and even McBean are playing solid football right now.