PDA

View Full Version : Bruised, battered Chiefs fall to Broncos 17-10

Denver Native (Carol)
11-13-2011, 06:14 PM
KANSAS CITY, Mo. (AP)—Matt Cassel stood on the sideline helplessly, watching backup quarterback Tyler Palko run the Chiefs’ two-minute offense. He’d been bruised and battered by the Denver Broncos, so much so that the Kansas City training staff wouldn’t let him play.

The ugly truth was that Cassel didn’t do much when he was on the field Sunday.

None of the Chiefs did.

Tim Tebow completed only two passes, one of them a 56-yard touchdown throw to Eric Decker, and the Broncos rumbled their way to a humbling—even humiliating—17-10 defeat of Kansas City.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ap-chiefs

jhildebrand
11-13-2011, 06:24 PM
This team gets more physical each week! Exponentially so, too!

I always admired John Fox's Carolina teams because they were so physical. I never thought we would see so much physicality (word?) this soon with this team.

Mr. Pro Bowl
11-13-2011, 06:28 PM
Well, 1 pass in the first half and get a win against the Chiefs that way, it worked. However I am afraid you can't play like that every Sunday. Certainly not against the Jets this Thursday. Fox will have to have a more variety of offensive plays to be competitive.

BroncoNut
11-13-2011, 06:31 PM
This team gets more physical each week! Exponentially so, too!

I always admired John Fox's Carolina teams because they were so physical. I never thought we would see so much physicality (word?) this soon with this team.

I think it is a word jhild

Northman
11-13-2011, 06:32 PM
Well, 1 pass in the first half and get a win against the Chiefs that way, it worked. However I am afraid you can't play like that every Sunday. Certainly not against the Jets this Thursday. Fox will have to have a more variety of offensive plays to be competitive.

I have been saying that the last 4 weeks but somehow we are 3-1. Thursday will be interesting to say the least.

vettesplus
11-13-2011, 07:27 PM
what we are watching is a temporary fix not a long term solution!!!! but it is great to see back to back wins....

SmilinAssasSin27
11-13-2011, 07:40 PM
Or it's just the week to week game plan by the coaching staff. I know we're not pass crazy, but it was clear we went into THIS game w/ little intent to pass the ball. That is coaching done well IMHO.

Mr. Pro Bowl
11-13-2011, 08:19 PM
Well, you can play like that against poor teams like the Raiders, Dolphins, Bengals, Chiefs....but as we saw not against the Lions.

Jets, Bears and Patriots better be some more offense.

Agent of Orange
11-13-2011, 08:23 PM
The irony in this story is that, in spite of it's contents (i.e. that Cassell took a beating), the attention will shift to whether or not Tebow can hold up to the punishment from game to game.

People need to remember which QB took the beating in this game and also remember that just because you're not running the ball, it doesn't mean you're not getting hit.

HORSEPOWER 56
11-13-2011, 08:24 PM

Possibly, but the Jets have a worse rush defense than both the Chiefs and Raiders do but their pass defense is top notch. If we can get a win without Tebow having to throw much at that defense, so much the better.