PDA

View Full Version : Brandon Marshall Scolds Bronco Fans

Denver Native (Carol)
10-07-2007, 08:17 PM
I understand that Brandon called out the Bronco Fans after the game, but I cannot get the video to play. Maybe someone can listen to it, and post what he said. Thanks.

http://cbs4denver.com/topstories/local_story_280185647.html

silkamilkamonico
10-07-2007, 08:20 PM
Be cautious young Marshall.

I understand you're emotional and upset, but Denver Broncos are supposed to be professionals, and the lack of performance by your team is unacceptable.

Deal with it.

Lonestar
10-07-2007, 08:20 PM
I was appalled that in the third Quarter the stands were emptying that rarely happened in Mile High.

I guess the whine and cheese crowd can't handle a little rain.

sneakers
10-07-2007, 08:28 PM
Unless there is a lack of effort, you will never see me Booing the Broncos.

DenBronx
10-07-2007, 08:29 PM
at least someone on our team has passion.

i dont blame marshal for calling out the fans. the fans that go to the games are flat out pathetic. leave early in the 3rd quarter....constantly boo when things dont go they way they want them to. they give mean looks to other fans that are being to loud or in their way of the field. i say if the dont like it then wear ear plugs, buy seats closer to the field or friggin stand up like you should be doing anyway.

BroncoWave
10-07-2007, 08:33 PM
People are actually bashing the fans at the game today? If ever in my life I have seen a team that deserved to be booed it was the Broncos today.

Lonestar
10-07-2007, 08:34 PM
I remember a debate last year about fans that boo actually embolden the other team. Hmm mm sounds like shades of last year poor offense (scoring) porous defense (yards and this year scoring).

Last years team had alot less talent to work with (Except at DT) if you can say that the browncos were any better than what we have now.

DenBronx
10-07-2007, 08:48 PM
I remember a debate last year about fans that boo actually embolden the other team. Hmm mm sounds like shades of last year poor offense (scoring) porous defense (yards and this year scoring).

Last years team had alot less talent to work with (Except at DT) if you can say that the browncos were any better than what we have now.

the last couple of years we have had lesser talent with better chemistry. i dont think superstars win ball games. when a team plays together as one unit with one goal in mind then thats when you see them win balls games.

im not disapointed in the play guys like bailey, lynch, walker and cutler but i am disapointed that they are not trying to rally this team. cutler needs to seriously show better leadership and more heart....the team will follow when a guy like that will lead. at least try and instil some hope in them. i like the bill walsh mentality "were going to run this and do this and theres no way in hell their gonna stop us"

Nomad
10-07-2007, 08:50 PM
The young man's only concern is catching the ball.. He'll gain respect from fans if he can be a playmaker instead of a whistleblower!!!

Broncos Mtnman
10-07-2007, 08:51 PM
WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA http://www.broncosforums.com/forums/images/smilies/smilies/Cry.gif

Don't like the way the fans are treating you? Try doing your job.

And JR, NOTHING about being "whine and cheese" applies. The team sucked, and those of us (myself included) who pay some of the highest prices in the NFL for tickets can leave early if the team isn't going to deliver.

What other recourse does a paying fan have to show they aren't going to put up with a pile of feces for a team? You can't confront the players directly. It would seem to me that leaving early is just about the only thing a paying customer can do.

I find it funny though. The fans boo....

..... and Brandon "boo hoos."

pnbronco
10-07-2007, 08:54 PM
Well I really think the worse loss in 40 years with the talent that the team has paid for is why people left and they got booed. We were soaked and the game was so just terrible. I don't boo, I don't believe in it. I would not clap for a certain player that I'm really angry at, but I didn't boo. There comes a point when you say is this game worth maybe getting sick for and half way through the 4th qrt I felt like enough was enough. I don't think calling your fans down is showing passion. I think it shows that he is young and still has a lot to learn.

DenBronx
10-07-2007, 08:56 PM
WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

And JR, NOTHING about being "whine and cheese" applies. The team sucked, and those of us (myself included) who pay some of the highest prices in the NFL for tickets can leave early if the team isn't going to deliver.

What other recourse does a paying fan have to show they aren't going to put up with a pile of feces for a team? You can't confront the players directly. It would seem to me that leaving early is just about the only thing a paying customer can do.

i completely disagree,

tell that to notre dame fans....ever see them leave a game early? true fans dont do that...SPOILED ONES DO!

BTW: marshal does do his job.

topscribe
10-07-2007, 09:11 PM
WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA http://www.broncosforums.com/forums/images/smilies/smilies/Cry.gif

Fans can't stand on the sidelines and yell out encouragement and instructions.
Fans can't go into the locker room at half-time and deliver rousing speeches.
Fans can't coach the players and get after the under-achievers.

All fans can do is to cheer their approval or boo their disapproval.

And they pay for the ability to do so.

If the players and coaches can't stand the heat, well . . .

-----

BroncoWave
10-07-2007, 09:16 PM
i completely disagree,

tell that to notre dame fans....ever see them leave a game early? true fans dont do that...SPOILED ONES DO!

oh great, yet another fan trying to tell others that they aren't true fans. if i had a nickel for every time i've read that!

Jody
10-07-2007, 09:20 PM

-----

Denver - basically he was complaining that fans booed the team and were leaving their seats early when the team started losing, and asked that they be 'bronco fans' no matter how they are playing (quick summary).

MtnMan and Tops! I agree with you completely! If this were college, I'd agree with Brandon, but NFL is a paying sport, thus a higher level of expectancy when fans pay for their seats or pay for air time on television! Again, if it were college, I'd completely agree with Marshall, but it's NFL!

Uncle Buck
10-07-2007, 09:35 PM
It’s simple. Pro sports players get paid, win or lose, on any given Sunday. Fans pay the same, regardless of the outcome of the game. If the fans are the “12 player,” giving the home team the alleged advantage, then they are also allowed to show their displeasure when the level of play on the part of the team deserves no further cheers.

It works both ways. I’m not saying that it’s good fan policy to pile onto any individual player for a bad play, but today, the team as a whole was fair game for the joint expression of displeasure--which the “12th Player” displayed today.

Actually, I’m not offended that Marshall ripped on the crowd today. Made me feel like I was a player in the game—albeit just the “12th Man.” :D

Lonestar
10-07-2007, 09:43 PM

Perhaps it is a good way of protesting I had not thought of it in that manner.

Correct as almost always..

Uncle Buck
10-07-2007, 09:54 PM

-----

Tops, wish I'd seen your post before makin' my post! Mine would have been unneccesary!

bungalow buck :D

Broncos Mtnman
10-07-2007, 10:13 PM
It would appear that the other Brandon (Brandon Stokley) doesn't agree with Mr. Marshall....

"I don't blame them at all," Stokley said. "I wouldn't have stayed around to watch that."

Mike
10-07-2007, 10:18 PM
I was at the game today. I am not the booing type, but I fully respect the fans who chose to voice their displeasure. Out of all the games that I have been to, this was the first game I was biting my tongue to keep from booing with them. It was a struggle.

It was the most pathetic, heartless football that I have ever seen.

As for those who left early...why should they have stayed? To see Mike Shanahan call a draw on 3rd and 8? To see a QB keeper on 4th and 4? I had people all around me leaving, and I couldn't blame them. Cold rain, heartless play, conservative playcalling. Ugh. It was as hard a game to watch as any Bronco game that I have ever seen.

Denver Native (Carol)
10-07-2007, 10:21 PM
I was at the game today. I am not the booing type, but I fully respect the fans who chose to voice their displeasure. Out of all the games that I have been to, this was the first game I was biting my tongue to keep from booing with them. It was a struggle.

It was the most pathetic, heartless football that I have ever seen.

As for those who left early...why should they have stayed? To see Mike Shanahan call a draw on 3rd and 8? To see a QB keeper on 4th and 4? I had people all around me leaving, and I couldn't blame them. Cold rain, heartless play, conservative playcalling. Ugh. It was as hard a game to watch as any Bronco game that I have ever seen.

As far as the Broncos today, nothing made MUCH sense, if any :mad:

Watchthemiddle
10-07-2007, 10:22 PM
Bronco fans are passionate people...as are most fans of most teams.

Teams get booed all of the time. Especially when they fail to show up for a game in their own home.

This team so far this year has not given the fans much to cheer about so far. They have given us more heart attacks ( last second wins ) and heart burn ( 3 losses in a row ) then anything spectacular at this point.

You are paid well to do your job. You are a professional and if the fans booing you doesn't light a fire under your butt then what are they supposed to do when you are down by 17, or 24, or lose 41-3? Cheer for you?

pnbronco
10-07-2007, 10:27 PM
Uncle Buck and Tops thank you for those great posts.

Requiem / The Dagda
10-07-2007, 10:28 PM
Broncos fans would complain if their ice cream was cold.

Watchthemiddle
10-07-2007, 10:32 PM

:rolleyes:

So then I guess you are fine with a 38 point lose at home to a 1-3 divisional team?

pnbronco
10-07-2007, 10:36 PM
It would appear that the other Brandon (Brandon Stokley) doesn't agree with Mr. Marshall....

Thank you mtnman, I knew I liked that kid.

silkamilkamonico
10-07-2007, 11:03 PM
i completely disagree,

Notre Dame consists of amateur kids who are limited within the game.

The NFL are paid professionals that are expected to compete on an even playing field.

There is a significant difference between the two.

Uncle Buck
10-07-2007, 11:04 PM
Uncle Buck and Tops thank you for those great posts.

Thanks, but mtman should be included in your kudos. I think he had the guts to defend the "boo-dom" in the beginning.

And kudos to all who are willing to stand up and tell it like it is. After all, this is a game, a sporting event. The Broncos should be lucky that they are not playing in some ancient Roman coliseum at this point in time. Today's Boos are far more harmless than the teeth and jaws of the lions! :2thumbsdown:

Krugan
10-07-2007, 11:07 PM
Boo if you want, but Marshall is partialy correct.

His mention of the Rockies and not filling the stands until they where contending.

Fans in Colorado are spoiled and fickle. They are.

Should he pout about it, no. Although he is correct, bunch of fickle fans.

silkamilkamonico
10-07-2007, 11:11 PM
Nothing about being spoiled today, in a 41-3 drubbing, at home, in a game where the least the team could have done was shown some character.

The Broncos don't even seem to play with any sense of expectations. Giving up a big play and laughing about it, joking around on the sideline after getting embarrassed.

I don't expect players to sit and pout after the game, but the carefree no big deal attitude some of the players exhibit, and exhibit so openly on the team is a major concern.

Uncle Buck
10-07-2007, 11:15 PM
Boo if you want, but Marshall is partialy correct.

His mention of the Rockies and not filling the stands until they where contending.

Fans in Colorado are spoiled and fickle. They are.

Should he pout about it, no. Although he is correct, bunch of fickle fans.

Good point, Krug, but that's just the way life is. Fans may be "spoiled" and "fickle," but this is the Big Time, baby. This is not sandlot baseball. There's a ton of money involved in this game and, without the fans, it would be worth about the same as some neighborhood game of touch football.

So, you have to ask the question: is it all about the team, or all for the entertainment of the fans? Delete either, and there would be no game.

So, I'd say it's pretty much a wash.

Simple Jaded
10-07-2007, 11:35 PM

Lol.......:salute:

pnbronco
10-08-2007, 12:26 AM
Thanks, but mtman should be included in your kudos. I think he had the guts to defend the "boo-dom" in the beginning.

And kudos to all who are willing to stand up and tell it like it is. After all, this is a game, a sporting event. The Broncos should be lucky that they are not playing in some ancient Roman coliseum at this point in time. Today's Boos are far more harmless than the teeth and jaws of the lions! :2thumbsdown:

So I will add mtman to my kudos. You are right teeth and jaws would be much worse! I found it interesting on the news that the old players said things like we were really embaressed and understood the fustration. Well I'm getting ready to leave town for 2 weeks so Uncle Buck, Tops and mtman keep them in line will miss your insights, later guys..

DenBronx
10-08-2007, 12:27 AM
oh great, yet another fan trying to tell others that they aren't true fans. if i had a nickel for every time i've read that!

and if i had a penny everytime someone posted every random thought that they pulled out of their ass then id be able to buy the broncos organization. then id probably ban you and a few others from invesco. you plant a bad seed in good soil and it will eat up the rest of the crops.

Notre Dame consists of amateur kids who are limited within the game.

The NFL are paid professionals that are expected to compete on an even playing field.

There is a significant difference between the two.

correct me if im wrong but in order to play at the next level you have to start out as an amateur right? but that wasnt my point...my point was our fans could learn from amateur leveled fans by sticking with their team no matter what. i see horrible teams play yet their fans go nuts every game. notre dame fans go crazy, absolutely insane even though they know they might not win the football game. thats a fan...not one that leaves early in the 3rd.

go ahead kick a team when its down....bravo!

you guys f$%^ing piss me off sometimes.

Uncle Buck
10-08-2007, 12:31 AM
and if i had a penny everytime someone posted every random thought that they pulled out of their ass then id be able to buy the broncos organization. then id probably ban you and a few others from invesco. you plant a bad seed in good soil and it will eat up the rest of the crops.

correct me if im wrong but in order to play at the next level you have to start out as an amateur right? but that wasnt my point...my point was our fans could learn from amateur leveled fans by sticking with their team no matter what. i see horrible teams play yet their fans go nuts every game. notre dame fans go crazy, absolutely insane even though they know they might not win the football game. thats a fan...not one that leaves early in the 3rd.

So help me to understand... you are booing the fans? :D

DenBronx
10-08-2007, 12:49 AM
So help me to understand... you are booing the fans? :D

come to think of it yeah i am. :sad:

every week eveyone plays the blame game. last year it was plummer, then dwil, then coyer. this year its no dts, bates, ian and dj, shanny and on and on. truth is i havnt seen us get blown out that bad...not in a long time. i just think we have good players but our team went through some huge changes. i guess everyone expected the broncos to go 16-0 this year because we picked up henry, graham, stokely and bly this offseason.

the redskins do it all the time. they bring in slightly above average players, pay them blockbuster salaries yet suck year after year. its really really hard for everyone to be on the same page when you go through a big overhual like that year after year. then to top that off we keep having coaching adjustments. this doesnt help the chemistry of a team.

then the funny thing is you have these kids run to the computer to post (mostly on BM) allll the stupid threads. "fire shanny" "we suck" "at what point did you turn off the tv" cmon now....

pnbronco
10-08-2007, 12:53 AM
Well I almost got out of here. They knew that they stunk it up today. In tonights news Coach Shanny said that in so many words, so did many of the veteran players. I was at the game and I did leave my seat in the 4th qrtr. It was just too wet, cold, depressing so we went into the hall. Since there are several players I do care for my daughter and I decided to stand by the fence and still let them know that we cared. Well how many players had the guts to walk to their car and give us a chance? Not that many, the ones we saw we said kind words to, I didn't hear anyone by me say anything mean. Most of the players not only rode in the covered carts but in the back where all you could see were their shoes. At the blood drive there was not one current player there after 3:30, that's about the time I got done, even though the drive went till 7:00. In years past they had bad games and we stayed because somehow those players made us feel like we mattered too, not just our wallets.

BaiLeY324
10-08-2007, 01:00 AM
Team's falling apart.

broncosfanscott
10-08-2007, 01:06 AM

-----

Totally agree with you tops and mtnman, you as well.

I understand that Marshall is upset at the boos and the fans leaving early, I would too. However, if they would have showed up for the game and played like they know what was going on they nobody would boo.

Charger fans were booing them and chanting Marty's name and not one Charger player was complaining because they knew why their fans were booing........they were playing bad.

Maybe the booing, the fans leaving early and a total butt-kicking will make this team wake up. They have two weeks to do something because our next two games are at home and on national TV. I hope Shanahan and the coaching staff gives it to the players hard.

Watchthemiddle
10-08-2007, 01:08 AM

Booing doesn't = not sticking with your team. If fans didn't boo when their team got BLOWN out at home then they wouldn't be fans.

I am not going to get into the whole "your not a true fan" bit but if they didn't care about the team then they would just be at the stadium for :beer: and hot dogs.

Bronco fans LOVE their team. Support them through thick and thin. We have every right to boo, cheer, and do whatever if we are not liking their play. DOes that mean we will no longer support them? Does that mean that we will not sell out the next home game? NO, it means we will continue to see out just like we always do.

DenBronx
10-08-2007, 01:08 AM
Maybe the booing, the fans leaving early and a total butt-kicking will make this team wake up. They have two weeks to do something because our next two games are at home and on national TV. I hope Shanahan and the coaching staff gives it to the players hard.

not to beat a dead horse but i dont think booing is going to make the team win games.

broncosfanscott
10-08-2007, 01:11 AM
not to beat a dead horse but i dont think booing is going to make the team win games.

I know, I just hope everything that happened today will somehow get the team to play better.

DenBronx
10-08-2007, 01:13 AM
Booing doesn't = not sticking with your team. .

no but it doesnt help them win

Walking out of the game early in the 3rd = not sticking with your team

so yeah...this horse is pretty much dead at the moment and i'll keep beating it if you guys want me to.

DenBronx
10-08-2007, 01:15 AM
I know, I just hope everything that happened today will somehow get the team to play better.

maybe they could hold tryouts to be the new barrel man.

Watchthemiddle
10-08-2007, 01:16 AM
no but it doesnt help them win[/COLOR]

Walking out of the game early in the 3rd = not sticking with your team

so yeah...this horse is pretty much dead at the moment and i'll keep beating it if you guys want me to.

I think the whole leaving early in the 3rd is a bit of a stretch. But oh well, lets all keep bashing one another as fans. Maybe that will make us all feel good about ourselves and we can let the team have a free pass on this pathetic display for football.

DenBronx
10-08-2007, 01:29 AM
I think the whole leaving early in the 3rd is a bit of a stretch. But oh well, lets all keep bashing one another as fans. Maybe that will make us all feel good about ourselves and we can let the team have a free pass on this pathetic display for football.

sorry WTM....i hope it doesnt come across like im bashing you or anyone else.

go over to broncomania and tell me your not disgusted with some of the fans. even when we win you still see negitive threads.

sneakers
10-08-2007, 01:52 AM
come to think of it yeah i am. :sad:

every week eveyone plays the blame game. last year it was plummer, then dwil, then coyer. this year its no dts, bates, ian and dj, shanny and on and on. truth is i havnt seen us get blown out that bad...not in a long time. i just think we have good players but our team went through some huge changes. i guess everyone expected the broncos to go 16-0 this year because we picked up henry, graham, stokely and bly this offseason.

the redskins do it all the time. they bring in slightly above average players, pay them blockbuster salaries yet suck year after year. its really really hard for everyone to be on the same page when you go through a big overhual like that year after year. then to top that off we keep having coaching adjustments. this doesnt help the chemistry of a team.

then the funny thing is you have these kids run to the computer to post (mostly on BM) allll the stupid threads. "fire shanny" "we suck" "at what point did you turn off the tv" cmon now....

I agree with you pretty much 100%.....that is really funny (because it's true) about the Redskins. Hahhahaaa

Watchthemiddle
10-08-2007, 03:32 AM
sorry WTM....i hope it doesnt come across like im bashing you or anyone else.

go over to broncomania and tell me your not disgusted with some of the fans. even when we win you still see negitive threads.

I am not saying your bashing me ...I am just saying in general it seems like we ( in general ) are bashing fans for their actions.

I am not allowed over there. :laugh::laugh: I think its best that way.

xX-Bronco-Xx
10-08-2007, 06:20 AM
You wouldn't leave if your child was playing pee wee football and was losing by 50-0 would you?

Eh I totally stick to what he said.

j3phr3y
10-08-2007, 08:16 AM
Fans can boo the players; players can boo the fans. Neither seems very productive, but I guess comes with frustration. Personally. I have more respect for those who choose not to boo. Both fans and players.

Requiem / The Dagda
10-08-2007, 09:41 AM

So then I guess you are fine with a 38 point lose at home to a 1-3 divisional team?

If that loss gets us a high draft choice, or helps us get there. Yes.

Requiem / The Dagda
10-08-2007, 09:42 AM
You wouldn't leave if your child was playing pee wee football and was losing by 50-0 would you?

No, but I'd probably disown him after the game. :laugh: ;)

Retired_Member_001
10-08-2007, 10:26 AM
I watched all of the game, every second. I didn't turn the TV off untill the the clock hit 0:00 in the fourth quarter.

But, Ms. Brandon Marshall, you cannot blame fans for booing after that disgusting performance. They didn't look bothered at all, it was a joke.

I had very big doubts about Brandon Marshall's character after his training camp "tantrum". I started feeling better about him after seeing some of his play. But that interview just proves I am right, he is a little girl.

He kind of reminds me of Jake The Mistake.

(I know, no Plummer discussions ;) )

Mike
10-08-2007, 10:27 AM
No, but I'd probably disown him after the game. :laugh: ;)

Fairweather dad. You're not a real dad. You should be ashamed. Maybe just adopt a kid who can really play football. :laugh:

Nomad
10-08-2007, 10:36 AM

Bad example! The kids are in development leagues learning the fundamentals of football and not getting paid millions to be professionals where the fans will have to pay hundreds of dollars to watch. It's the players job to perform, it's a kids job to have fun and learn.

BroncoWave
10-08-2007, 10:51 AM
Bad example! The kids are in development leagues learning the fundamentals of football and not getting paid millions to be professionals where the fans will have to pay hundreds of dollars to watch. It's the players job to perform, it's a kids job to have fun and learn.

Yeah, at this point people are really reaching for ways to defend Marshall's statements.

Simple Jaded
10-08-2007, 11:33 AM
I think expecting all 53 players to keep it together in post game interviews after a Boo-and-Bail fest is a bit naive in todays NFL.

He's got a point and it pisses some of you off.....And his remarks aren't nearly as critical as some seem to want them to be.

"I love ya to death, but damn!...."

If this were Chad Johnson everybody would be kissing his boots.

Maybe Marshall should dance around and Clown it up for ya. After the game he can sign autographs and let the kids honk his nose.....

Astrass
10-08-2007, 12:35 PM
I was appalled that in the third Quarter the stands were emptying that rarely happened in Mile High.

I guess the whine and cheese crowd can't handle a little rain.

A little rain and the worst home defeat since '66..........

champ24girl
10-08-2007, 02:17 PM
Poor Brandon, he's one of the few guys playing his heart out and I can understand his frustration - and he is an emotional guy who's been through a lot this year with the deaths of Damien and Darrent. This is part of his growing pains. At least he's upset, that's a good thing to see. I'm not so sure that Jay is affected by any of this although I saw him starting to emote at the end of the game - screaming at Brian Clark and pushing away a taunting Charger - which made me think maybe he's going to start becoming an emotional leader of this team.

I would never boo my Broncos but honestly I can't blame people for leaving, would you like to sit there and watch the Chargers humiliate the Broncos in front of you?

I think maybe this loss is what the Broncos needed to wake up and realize that they aren't a good football team right now and they need to do something to make themselves better.
If this humiliating loss at home won't do it I don't know what will.

All of the heart and soul leaders that the Broncos have depended on the past 5 years or so - Rod, Al, Jake - are no longer a part of the picture (Rod is not on the field right now) except for John Lynch and there's only so much he can do. Leadership begins now! Somebody has got to step up!

Broncos Mtnman
10-08-2007, 02:34 PM
Maybe Marshall should dance around and Clown it up for ya. After the game he can sign autographs and let the kids honk his nose.....

Sorry, but Homey don't play that... :laugh:

I think after this little temper tantrum, I'm beginning to see why he's referred to as Baby T.O.

Heavy on the "baby........."

Requiem / The Dagda
10-08-2007, 02:37 PM
Oh yeah, he's definitely referred to him because of his "attitude" . . . :rolleyes:

Watchthemiddle
10-08-2007, 04:09 PM
Well some of his teamates and head coach have been interviewed as saying they would have left also.

I love Marshall. HE is my adoptee for crying out loud..( no pun intended ) but he needs to get over himself.

Sure he was about the only spark on that team yesterday but even he made a costly mistake.

The team as a whole played with no heart, no inspiration, and no sense of urgency.

What would have happened if all the fans stuck around and applauded that 41-3 shalacking? What kind of message would that have been to a lackluster team? "Oh its okay that you didn't show up today....don't worry about it, we all still stuck around in the freezing rain to watch you get blown out...lets go team!"

Broncos Mtnman
10-08-2007, 04:17 PM
Well some of his teamates and head coach have been interviewed as saying they would have left also.

I love Marshall. HE is my adoptee for crying out loud..( no pun intended ) but he needs to get over himself.

Sure he was about the only spark on that team yesterday but even he made a costly mistake.

The team as a whole played with no heart, no inspiration, and no sense of urgency.

What would have happened if all the fans stuck around and applauded that 41-3 shalacking? What kind of message would that have been to a lackluster team? "Oh its okay that you didn't show up today....don't worry about it, we all still stuck around in the freezing rain to watch you get blown out...lets go team!"

:dito: What he said...

Watchthemiddle
10-08-2007, 04:19 PM
One more thing...on his little comment about the Rockies and the fans.

This Broncos team could use a page out of the Rockies developmental playbook.

They could also use a page out of the teamwork playbook.

They could also use a page out of the inspiration, show up to the field to win playbook.

Of course fans are showing up now. The Rockies are actually giving us something to show up for after 12 years of bad baseball. Fans have always shown up for the Broncos because they have been competitive every year. Yesterday was not Broncos football. Why should that be supported?

Like he said, "if you are going to be a Broncos fan then be a Broncos fan" Well that wasn't Broncos football.

BigBroncLove
10-08-2007, 06:13 PM
Wow, this is a big thing for a player to do this. Well here's my thoughts on it.

I'm a little split on this. Firstly I don't believe in booing your own team. I know it happens, I know how the RBoncos played at times may have warrented it, but me... I will never boo my team. It's how I feel. I may get frustrated at times with them, but I could never bring myself to lower my teams esteem and raise the others, at home field no less, to voice my displeasure in such a fashion.

As for Marshall comments, completely unwarrented. The Broncos fans have been responsibile for one of the longest standing records of sold out games at home. For 285 consecutive home games, dating to 1970, the Broncos have sold out at home. Even through some of those terrible terrible years. People were well within their rights to leave early. It was a mess. It was hard enough for me to watch the last seconds tick down, and was perhaps one of the worse games I've seen in a long long time.

However as to my feeling of booing yesterday. In the later quarters, like the end of the third and fourth I can understand some booing. They played terribly! However when the boos first began raining down on the Defense in the second quarter, I will not believe in it nor will defend it. The fans helped demoralize this team early on IMO. Sure it was 20 - 3, and the defense never even showed up, but damnit, we Bronco fans have weathered a lot worse then a 20 - 3 start. I do feel fans are more fickle now. I remember even in the crapper days when every lead seemed to vanish and losses were becoming a more regular occurence, reporters still were surprised by the loyalty shown by all Bronco fans. How loud they were and how passionate they were despite Denvers troubles.

I mean it's out there for anyone to see. Denver is definately not the loud place it used to be. When I went last year on the Christmas Eve game (where the missed xtra point gave us the win :D ) I was as loud as I could be. I tried to rally fans around me, and some took to it with me, but the majority seemed more displeased by the noise we made then to try and be a 12th man. So I think Bronco fans do need to look at themselves a little bit. Decide whether when they go to the games if they want to help the team win in a small way, or just huddle up and hope for the best.

So in conclusion to a post that is to long already, Marshall was wrong to make those comments, especially about the poeple leaving early. However I do feel fans seem are far more fickle now a days and I think some of the reason the mile high home field advantage has lost some of the mystique is because the fans don't create it anymore.... my :2cents:

Krugan
10-08-2007, 06:22 PM
People were boing in the first quarter.

A little premature if you ask me.

But im just one of those people who dont boo. I scream and yell at my TV, but never have boo'ed in the 40 or so home games I have antended over the years.

And no, to those who have issues with others opinions about fandom, im not claiming im a better fan than you.

BigBroncLove
10-08-2007, 06:24 PM
People were boing in the first quarter.

A little premature if you ask me.

But im just one of those people who dont boo. I scream and yell at my TV, but never have boo'ed in the 40 or so home games I have antended over the years.

And no, to those who have issues with others opinions about fandom, im not claiming im a better fan than you.

First quarter? Man.... I can't agree with that at all. The first boos I heard were about five minutes into the second quarter. I agree.... far to premature IMO.

Watchthemiddle
10-08-2007, 06:32 PM
First quarter? Man.... I can't agree with that at all. The first boos I heard were about five minutes into the second quarter. I agree.... far to premature IMO.

THe explanation behind the early boos was to the play calling and how weak it was. Thats what I heard. THe later boos were for EVERYONE..play calling, team, execution..you name it.

BigBroncLove
10-08-2007, 06:37 PM
THe explanation behind the early boos was to the play calling and how weak it was. Thats what I heard. THe later boos were for EVERYONE..play calling, team, execution..you name it.

Well.... I still cannot agree with it, for whatever reason it was used. I think the first half is off limits unless your staring down a 35 - 0 start. Theres a lot of game left, and you don't help your team any to stay in the game by lamb basting them with boos.

My opinion.... but boos early on like that are unwarrented IMO.

broncosfanscott
10-08-2007, 09:07 PM
I listened to Shanahan's conference today and when told by a reporter about Marshall's comments, Shanahan even said he would have left.

Simple Jaded
10-08-2007, 10:44 PM
One more thing...on his little comment about the Rockies and the fans.

This Broncos team could use a page out of the Rockies developmental playbook.

They could also use a page out of the teamwork playbook.

They could also use a page out of the inspiration, show up to the field to win playbook.

Of course fans are showing up now. The Rockies are actually giving us something to show up for after 12 years of bad baseball. Fans have always shown up for the Broncos because they have been competitive every year. Yesterday was not Broncos football. Why should that be supported?

Like he said, "if you are going to be a Broncos fan then be a Broncos fan" Well that wasn't Broncos football.

First let me say that I'm completely stoked for the Rockies PLAYERS, but the Rockies blue print for success is the last one I'd like to see the Broncos follow, the Broncos don't have that much time....And two playoff appearances in their history is hardly qualifications for teaching the other three teams how to win.

Do not forget who is who...Let's let the next few years play out before we start annointing the Rockies as anything more than the toast of the town.

Last I checked, the Rockies were still owned by the Monforts.

But like I said, I'm couldn't be more happy for the Rockies PLAYERS.

Marshall is dead on with his comments about the Rockies and their fans, as it is a pretty fair comparison to the Broncos situation.....

DenBronx
10-08-2007, 10:57 PM
I listened to Shanahan's conference today and when told by a reporter about Marshall's comments, Shanahan even said he would have left.

then maybe shanahan SHOULD go.

Uncle Buck
10-08-2007, 11:24 PM
Y’know, it’s a funny thing. I don’t have a problem with the fans booing, and I don’t have a problem with Marshall venting. Hell, we should be proud that at least one suited-up player on the Denver Broncos’ roster is givin’ us some respect as “The 12th Man!”

Hey, when Plummer gave us the bad finger, made me feel like we were drinkin’ buddies! :D :beer:

broncosfanscott
10-08-2007, 11:26 PM
then maybe shanahan SHOULD go.

Despite the problems we have I still want Shanahan.

Nick
10-08-2007, 11:31 PM
Y’know, it’s a funny thing. I don’t have a problem with the fans booing, and I don’t have a problem with Marshall venting. Hell, we should be proud that at least one suited-up player on the Denver Broncos’ roster is givin’ us some respect as “The 12th Man!”

Hey, when Plummer gave us the bad finger, made me feel like we were drinkin’ buddies! :D :beer:

I feel you... None of that bothers me... I just want scheffler to be onrolled into the offense even more... now that they winged him back in. Give the return to Martinez our young (if henry is still around). Have our front 7 get on the same page. When I say 7 I mean 5 with line backers and DT's. I feel very confident at the end position.

We do not have much depth on this team so I have a big feeling that special teams is going to look pretty bad for this year... which sucks. But hey....

Nick
10-08-2007, 11:32 PM

Shanny is awsome... that is not the problem. It is the execution.

DenBronx
10-08-2007, 11:34 PM

:beer: yeah same here but he needs to change things around. maybe not this year but if this kind of crap is still happening next year then i think he will be heavily evaluated by bowlen.

shanny is a spartan.

broncosfanscott
10-08-2007, 11:39 PM
:beer: yeah same here but he needs to change things around. maybe not this year but if this kind of crap is still happening next year then i think he will be heavily evaluated by bowlen.

shanny is a spartan.

He needs to light a fire so to speak under the players and get them to play with aggression. Some of his picks and letting some players go that shouldn't have left are catching up to him.

Buff
10-08-2007, 11:52 PM
I was gonna let him slide until he brought the Rockies into it...

He made some stupid crack about how the Rockies are doing good now and the fans are filling the stands, but where were they at the beginning of the season??

Well Brandon, were you referring to opening day? I was there. Where were you?

How bout the Yankees series in May (or maybe it was June)-- I was also there... You?

Playoff game against Philly-- there again. You get a pass, you were busy.

My point being, I'm not a bandwagon fan... I've been a Broncos fan my whole life, I've seen games at old Mile High before Brandon Marshall was here, and I'll watch games at Mile High (Ivesco) long after Brandon Marshall leaves--

It's not his place to call out the fans for leaving and/or booing after getting blown out by 38 points and giving up a key fumble... And it's damn sure not his place to call out the entire city--

Memo to Junior:

You've been here 2 years and you've been hurt for half of that time. Shut up and win-- And keep the Rockies name out of your mouth until you actually advance in the post season.

Medford Bronco
10-08-2007, 11:54 PM

He made some stupid crack about how the Rockies are doing good now and the fans are filling the stands, but where were they at the beginning of the season??

How bout the Yankees series in May (or maybe it was June)-- I was also there... You?

My point being, I'm not a bandwagon fan... I've been a Broncos fan my whole life, I've seen games at old Mile High before Brandon Marshall was here, and I'll watch games at Mile High (Ivesco) long after Brandon Marshall leaves--

It's not his place to call out the fans for leaving and/or booing after getting blown out by 38 points and giving up a key fumble... And it's damn sure not his place to call out the entire city--

Memo to Junior:

You've been here 2 years and you've been hurt for half of that time. Shut up and win-- And keep the Rockies name out of your mouth until you get to a League Championship game.

great post buff :salute:

Brandon earn the respect of the fans and not spout off.

Not how to be very popular and when your team is down you need all the support you can get.

Uncle Buck
10-09-2007, 12:02 AM

Memo to Junior:

You've been here 2 years and you've been hurt for half of that time. Shut up and win-- And keep the Rockies name out of your mouth until you actually advance in the post season.

Excellent post, Buff!

You know, I didn't really mind Marshall's spouting off in the heat of battle, and equated that with the fans' doing the same with their boos in the heat of battle. That said, I consider it a compliment when a player speaks out to the fans in kind. Feels like we are on the same damn team, baby.

Mike
10-09-2007, 07:59 AM

By the end of the first quarter, people in the stands were speculating about if the team went to the Rockies game on Saturday night and were hung-over. It was the only thing we could come up with for how pathetic they were playing.

The Glue Factory
10-09-2007, 08:58 AM
I've kept silent on this whole issue on both boards until now, and honestly I'm in both camps on this issue. We shouldn't be spectators to a game played so poorly that our only expression is to leave and boo. :Cry: On the other hand, it doesn't show any support of our Beloved Broncos to insult them with our absence and derision. :rant: Honestly, I think both are warranted in this situation.

Maybe I should just shut the <beep> up. I haven't sorted through my own thoughts and feelings on this topic yet. Maybe I'll be ready to comment sometime around the 2008 draft. :whoknows: