PDA

View Full Version : Imagine our record if Tebow started from the beginning

BRONCO FAN SINCE 84
11-13-2011, 05:17 PM
Kyle Orton's 1-4 record the three close loses Raiders game, Titans game and San diego game!:beer:

Tned
11-13-2011, 05:20 PM
I imagine the record would be somewhere between 3-6 and 9-0.

MOtorboat
11-13-2011, 05:20 PM
4-5

I Eat Staples
11-13-2011, 05:27 PM
We lose the SD game either way, our defense blew the Titans game by giving up a 90+ yard TD drive, the Oakland game is the only one where Tebow may have made a difference.

We might not even beat Cincy with Tebow though.

Tned
11-13-2011, 05:35 PM
We lose the SD game either way, our defense blew the Titans game by giving up a 90+ yard TD drive, the Oakland game is the only one where Tebow may have made a difference.

We might not even beat Cincy with Tebow though.

It's impossible to know. You are describing the end of games with Orton as the starter, which included 7 or 8 INTs and one or more fumbles. It might not have come down to the TD drive in Tenn, because the Broncos may have been well ahead or not even close.

If Tebow started from game one, that probably means he got the first team reps in training camp and preseason, so game one against the Raiders might have been much better than his first start against Miami was.

It's just an impossible "what if."

BroncoBJ
11-13-2011, 05:37 PM
I'm just glad we made the switch to Tebow while this season still had a chance. Much better then going to Tebow when we're 3-10.

BRONCO FAN SINCE 84
11-13-2011, 05:41 PM
Glad we got orton ass outta there stats dont me a thing! The only stat that means something is W-L and Tebow is 3-1

BRONCO FAN SINCE 84
11-13-2011, 06:08 PM
running the ball and playing tough D! :defense:

JONtheBRONCO
11-13-2011, 06:41 PM
Broncos fan not a Tebow fan - but he's 3-1 and really that's all that matters. Tebowing all the hick Chief fans today was priceless. Go Broncos.

LTC Pain
11-13-2011, 06:58 PM
Glad we got orton ass outta there stats dont me a thing! The only stat that means something is W-L and Tebow is 3-1

Correction, the BRONCOS are 3-1 since Tebow has started.

turftoad
11-13-2011, 07:03 PM
Correction, the BRONCOS are 3-1 since Tebow has started.

Here, fixed it for him. ;)

The only stat that means anything to ME is Tebow is 3-1

lgenf
11-13-2011, 07:09 PM
My guess on record would be 1 game better than we r now, I'm not dillusional enough to think that we would be 2 or 3 games better

We still loose to the packers even if elway starts that game for us, maybe the first Oakland game, or maybe the chargers game, but we might lose the cincy game so we trade a win for a lose and pick up 1 game net in the W column

bleedorangenblue
11-13-2011, 07:13 PM
Carrying the weight. When everyone expects him to shine tough job. Good job Tebow. 2 passes. Today. Awesome win.

dunk7
11-13-2011, 10:37 PM
Let's be honest, Spencer Larsen could have won that game at QB today...and probably would have had a better completion percentage ;-)

wayninja
11-13-2011, 10:48 PM
Let's be honest, Spencer Larsen could have won that game at QB today...and probably would have had a better completion percentage ;-)

That's funny, but c'mon. Larsen doesn't hit that 60 yarder to Decker in 100 tries.

ShooterJM
11-14-2011, 11:49 AM
Eh, exercise in futility, but interesting all the same. There was an interesting comment during the game about Tebow though (aside from all the typical praise/criticism).

The analyst said something along the lines of: What's interesting about Tebow and the Broncos is that they think they can win while they're bringing tebow along. Normally teams just accept that they're going to take their lumps while coddling a new QB, but with his skillset the broncos have a different perpsective.

Anyone else catch that? Not sure if it was during the broadcast or on the postgame show.

underrated29
11-14-2011, 12:06 PM
Eh, exercise in futility, but interesting all the same. There was an interesting comment during the game about Tebow though (aside from all the typical praise/criticism).

The analyst said something along the lines of: What's interesting about Tebow and the Broncos is that they think they can win while they're bringing tebow along. Normally teams just accept that they're going to take their lumps while coddling a new QB, but with his skillset the broncos have a different perpsective.

Anyone else catch that? Not sure if it was during the broadcast or on the postgame show.

It was during the game and it definitely got me a little pumped up. Because they, and the FO (hopefully) are right. That we still can win with him even though he is as raw and unpolished as they come. Like peyton manning and so many other teams, when they start the rook, they expect bumps and bruises and not a lot of wins. But with tebow we can still win while he is getting prepped like the other QBs to be great.

To me it really shows just how high his ceiling can be. Its just the FOs job to get him there. Tebow will no doubt work as hard as he can to get there, but he can not do it on his own. He needs the coaching to bring him up there. But if they can,- well, wow. Look out!

T.K.O.
11-14-2011, 01:06 PM
we would have won both raiders games and be 1st place in the division.....now we have to wait til' next week:elefant::salute::beer:

wayninja
11-16-2011, 06:34 PM
We would have won the superbowl by now and just be breezing through weeks 10-17.