PDA

View Full Version : Tebow’s two completions enough because of Broncos D

DenBronx
11-13-2011, 04:57 PM
Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on November 13, 2011, 4:44 PM EST

Reuters
The Broncos are bringing back 1950′s-era football. Here’s what we learned during Denver’s 17-10 win in Kansas City.

1. You’ll hear a lot about Tebow and the Denver running game this week. But this game was won by Von Miller, Elvis Dumervil, and the Broncos pass rush. Matt Cassel threw 28 passes for only 93 yards.

Cassel left the game late after taking a hit to his non-throwing shoulder. He was sacked four times and hit 12 times. Miller was an absolute animal. He’s our pick for Defensive Rookie of the Year thus far.

READ FULL ARTICLE:
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/11/13/tebows-two-completions-enough-because-of-broncos-d/

Agent of Orange
11-13-2011, 05:05 PM
Gregg Rosenthal is just upset because Tebow isn't afraid to use his oven on Saturdays.

MasterShake
11-13-2011, 05:05 PM
The running game kept the defense fresh, and the defense played great. It would have been a much better offensive performance if McGahee hadn't gone down early. Another great team win IMO,

NameUsedBefore
11-13-2011, 05:08 PM
It was a John Fox wet dream out there.

Denver Native (Carol)
11-13-2011, 07:44 PM
The running game kept the defense fresh, and the defense played great. It would have been a much better offensive performance if McGahee hadn't gone down early. Another great team win IMO,

Exactly correct - Gary Miller, who was at the game, reported after the game that the defensive players stated they loved the running game, because it kept them on the sideline, and kept them fresh, and you definitely could tell it by their play.

BroncoStud
11-13-2011, 07:44 PM
Haha true, John Fox must have a hard-on reviewing game-film these days.

Dzone
11-13-2011, 07:56 PM
This nutcase hosting 850 koa right now is calling for Brady Quinn..huh? Are you ki8dding me? You wont believe how many people are calling in tr4ash9ing the broncos...smh

turftoad
11-13-2011, 07:58 PM
This nutcase hosting 850 koa right now is calling for Brady Quinn..huh? Are you ki8dding me? You wont believe how many people are calling in tr4ash9ing the broncos...smh

With the play calling today, I'm sure Quinn could hand the ball off just as well. :D

HORSEPOWER 56
11-13-2011, 08:15 PM
With the play calling today, I'm sure Quinn could hand the ball off just as well. :D

But nobody would believe he was a run option so nobody would by it. What makes our offense work is the threat that Tebow will run actually forces 1 or two defenders to "stay home" thereby removing them from the play if he doesn't. Then, we have the numbers game on our side.

HORSEPOWER 56
11-13-2011, 08:21 PM
Exactly correct - Gary Miller, who was at the game, reported after the game that the defensive players stated they loved the running game, because it kept them on the sideline, and kept them fresh, and you definitely could tell it by their play.

Of course they do. There are only a few guys on a team who don't:

(1) A pocket passing QB who cares more about his stats than wins

(2) Big-money, me-first WRs who care more about their stats than wins. Guys like Rod Smith and Eddie Mac loved to run block. Hines Ward also loves it, hence why he's still playing in Pittsburgh.

O-linemen and defenses love an effective running game. Pass blocking sucks for the O-line because they can't "attack". They love to be able to go on the offensive, fire off the ball, and hit the D-linemen in the mouth first. Defenses love the break and love it when the other team is one dimensional and has to pass to catch up.

turftoad
11-13-2011, 08:21 PM
But nobody would believe he was a run option so nobody would by it. What makes our offense work is the threat that Tebow will run actually forces 1 or two defenders to "stay home" thereby removing them from the play if he doesn't. Then, we have the numbers game on our side.

I know HP, notice the smiley. :D

Mr. Pro Bowl
11-13-2011, 08:24 PM
I don't know guys, but I am afraid that Tebow will get his bell rung pretty bad one of these days. This is just asking for it!

HORSEPOWER 56
11-13-2011, 08:27 PM
I don't know guys, but I am afraid that Tebow will get his bell rung pretty bad one of these days. This is just asking for it!

He's played 4 games, two of which vs some of the best pass rushing DL's (Detroit and Oakland) and he seems to be doing okay. He takes way less hits (and when he does he can prepare himself and get behind his pads) when we run the ball than he does standing in the pocket going through reads. Have you actually watched any of the games?

wayninja
11-13-2011, 08:31 PM
3-1. Nuff said.

Mr. Pro Bowl
11-13-2011, 08:33 PM
@ Horsepower....I guess I have to attend Thursday nights game to see for myself...:beer:

I live 20 Min. from the stadium and can get tickets up here anytime... ( http://youtu.be/mQOzSaUfvnE) :ridinghorse:

wayninja
11-13-2011, 08:36 PM
Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on November 13, 2011, 4:44 PM EST

Reuters
The Broncos are bringing back 1950′s-era football. Here’s what we learned during Denver’s 17-10 win in Kansas City.

1. You’ll hear a lot about Tebow and the Denver running game this week. But this game was won by Von Miller, Elvis Dumervil, and the Broncos pass rush. Matt Cassel threw 28 passes for only 93 yards.

Cassel left the game late after taking a hit to his non-throwing shoulder. He was sacked four times and hit 12 times. Miller was an absolute animal. He’s our pick for Defensive Rookie of the Year thus far.

READ FULL ARTICLE:
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/11/13/tebows-two-completions-enough-because-of-broncos-d/

Not taking anything away from the defense, they played solid football and allowed us to keep this low scoring while taking away a win. However the harping on the 'only two completions' is just meaningless. That just means that 50 percent of his completions were TD passes. Seems a lot more impressive viewed that way, but still stats without context just don't help.

Joel
11-13-2011, 10:50 PM
Not taking anything away from the defense, they played solid football and allowed us to keep this low scoring while taking away a win. However the harping on the 'only two completions' is just meaningless. That just means that 50 percent of his completions were TD passes. Seems a lot more impressive viewed that way, but still stats without context just don't help.
Not how the stat is tracked, and for good reason, but a 12.5 TD percentage is still a number most QBs would kill for, especially accompanied by 0 Ints. Those are Manning/Brady numbers, and no one would ever compare Tebows pass blockers to theirs. 35 YPA was good, too; he looked a lot more accurate to me today (only one throw was BADLY off target.) He threw 8 times for a reason though; at this rate he'll qualify for the 2011 passing title around Christmas of 2012, and unless he starts hitting >50% (rather than HALF of that) the coaches won't let him throw, Ds will stack 8 or 9 in the box, and we will lose most of our games.

wayninja
11-13-2011, 11:03 PM
Not how the stat is tracked, and for good reason, but a 12.5 TD percentage is still a number most QBs would kill for, especially accompanied by 0 Ints. Those are Manning/Brady numbers, and no one would ever compare Tebows pass blockers to theirs. 35 YPA was good, too; he looked a lot more accurate to me today (only one throw was BADLY off target.) He threw 8 times for a reason though; at this rate he'll qualify for the 2011 passing title around Christmas of 2012, and unless he starts hitting >50% (rather than HALF of that) the coaches won't let him throw, Ds will stack 8 or 9 in the box, and we will lose most of our games.

It wasn't 35 YPA. It was around 10. Still very respectable.

Joel
11-13-2011, 11:10 PM
It wasn't 35 YPA. It was around 10. Still very respectable.
Right, did the same thing I teased you about, sorry. 8.5 is OK, which is about how I'd rate Tebows performance, but OK is still a lot better than the "OMG, I can't look" level his passing was at just a few weeks ago.

BroncoBJ
11-13-2011, 11:18 PM
@ Horsepower....I guess I have to attend Thursday nights game to see for myself...:beer:

I live 20 Min. from the stadium and can get tickets up here anytime... ( http://youtu.be/mQOzSaUfvnE) :ridinghorse:

Good stuff :elefant: .. Usually I get tickets advanced or whatever on ticketmaster or thru the halfpriced deal.

But for some reason I feel like just winging it and driving 6 hours to Denver for this Thursday Night game. Is there legit people selling cheap tickets outside the stadium a lot that I could get?

Never really brought from a ticket scalper before so I was wondering.

wayninja
11-13-2011, 11:32 PM
Right, did the same thing I teased you about, sorry. 8.5 is OK, which is about how I'd rate Tebows performance, but OK is still a lot better than the "OMG, I can't look" level his passing was at just a few weeks ago.

No worries. 35 YPA is frickin' legendary. But I stand by my assertion that a single stat out of context is almost nearly worthless.

Denvernut707
11-13-2011, 11:34 PM
Ugly but a win none the less. The only reason a stat line like that is crap to a lot of people is because everyone throws at least 30 times a game nowadays

TXBRONC
11-13-2011, 11:40 PM

Even Orton could have handed the ball off just as well but neither Orton or Quinn is likely to get a rushing touchdown on 2nd and goal.

Thor
11-14-2011, 10:57 AM
All we need to do is draft RB LeMichael James this year then next year we can run the Oregon Ducks Spread Option offense. Tebow + James + Spread Option offense = Great entertainment! It's that or go to the Veer. LOL:laugh:

rcsodak
11-14-2011, 12:51 PM
Well what will they do when the run game is stuffed?
This will not last. There are only so many running plays, trick plays available.

TT cant pass accurately. After HT, he/Quinn were warming up onn the sidelines. Quinn threw his 30 yd passes to his guy, who didnt have to move. TT? He was giving Quinn a workout, constantly overthrowing him. Maybe he needs his eyes examined?

But i will say....that wind was wicked. You never knew which dirrection it was going to blow, from snap to snap.

T.K.O.
11-14-2011, 01:01 PM
Fox is just buying time right now.playing to Tebow's strength until teams can defend it.
if/when they catch up Tebow will be more confident and have weeks of reps with the 1st string...it's a win win.especially if we win !:laugh::salute:
i would'nt be surprised to see a much more aggressive air assault in the coming weeks.
just when a team practices against the option ,Tebow will pass to decker for 4 TD's:elefant:

weazel
11-14-2011, 01:08 PM
I hope we draft a QB...

BroncoBJ
11-14-2011, 04:20 PM
We are undefeated on the year when we only complete 2 passes :elefant: