PDA

View Full Version : 2009 Away Opponents

SmilinAssasSin27
01-11-2009, 09:02 AM
Obviously it's too early to actually make any plans since the schedule won't be out for 3 months, but here is the list of Denver's away opponents for 2009. Which games are you gonna try and make (schedule permitting of course)?

Kansas City
Oakland
San Diego
Baltimore
Cincinnati
Indianapolis
Philadelphia
Washington

When these opponents came out in 2001, I was living in central PA. I was drooling over the idea that I could see 3 games w/in 2 hours of driving (Philly, Wash, Bmore) and another if I made a long weekend home to visit western PA (Cincy). Now I've moved back home and 2 kids have been added to the mix so it looks like i'll be only 1 or 2 max.

I'm hoping to hit a Vols home game on the same weekend that Denver is in Cincy. If not, I'll try the same for Indy. If Tennessee' hame schedule does no match up, I'm gonna have to choose between the Vols and Denver. On the one hand, Tennessee is HOME, but Cincy is also half the distance from me and I do have a few friends who are Indy fans and/or played w/ Marlin Jackson.

If things work out, I'd prefer Wash over Bmore, but plan to make at least 1 of those.

Foochacho
01-11-2009, 02:07 PM
I might try and do the indy game. I'm in Il so it isn't too far to travel.

Foochacho
01-11-2009, 02:10 PM
One of my buddies is good friends with tyjuan hagler (colts lb) I should see if he wants to go with me maybe we can get some free tickets.

SmilinAssasSin27
01-11-2009, 04:11 PM
I'm gonna try to work the same w/ Marlin Jackson. My wife's sister is marrying one of his friends.

Northman
01-11-2009, 04:16 PM
Obviously i will try and see if my Father in law can land me some tickets to the Ravens game. He's been able to get me some in the past for other Ravens games so we will see what happens.

SmilinAssasSin27
01-11-2009, 04:16 PM
skins too since you're local?

Northman
01-11-2009, 04:22 PM
skins too since you're local?

I can probably try but my chances of actually getting tickets without paying for them and with greater odds lies within the Ravens game. My father in law works for one of the Dodge dealerships and has Ravens players come in all the time so ive been somewhat fortuante to attend some games without any cost. I dont have the kind of funds (hopefully that changes this year) to spend a lot on tickets but most certainly if i can find some Skins tickets that are reasonable i will try and get them.

Broncolingus
01-11-2009, 05:07 PM
Brutal road schedule, BTW...

SmilinAssasSin27
01-11-2009, 06:14 PM
yup...next year could be ugly.

Overtime
01-18-2009, 01:02 AM
Kansas City

Kansas City

Oakland

Oakland

San Diego

San Diego

Cleveland

Baltimore

Pittsburgh

Cincinnati

Dallas

Philadelphia

N.Y. Giants

Washington

New England

Indianapolis

hmmm...Washington, Indy and Cincy are all winnable games. The Colts still have Manning, but they got a new head coach, so that games a toss up, just depends on if we have a defense or not. We should split with the Chiefs. I'd be willing to say we'll split with the Chargers, just depends on if they continue their free fall or not. We should be able to beat the Giants, they just lost their obnoxious D-Coord, so they should fall back to the reality, that Peeli Manlover is really overrated, and about as good as Trent Dilfer ever was (which wasn't very good). Dallas should be a win with ole Humpty Dumpty still coaching, I heard they might hire Greg Robinson to coach their defense....:lol:. New England will be tough, most likely a loss. Cleveland will be the usual pushover match. We should sweep the Faiders. Baltimore and Pittsburgh will be nightmare games...not looking forward to those two games, i'll count those as losses for now. Philly will be tough.

I think 10-6 is an achievable record, but that's IF we have a defense.

sacmar
09-21-2009, 05:27 PM
Once again me and the wife will be in oakland for this weekends game....

SmilinAssasSin27
09-21-2009, 06:36 PM
Have a great time.

sacmar
09-28-2009, 11:20 AM
Have a great time. We did...man it was amazing. Chanting "russel sucks, russel sucks right along with the fans was the highlight of the day. Couldn't even get a raider fan to even look in our direction during the walkout and the train ride home....

SmilinAssasSin27
09-28-2009, 06:05 PM
Glad to see Raider and Bronco fans come together with their hatred of Russell. Too funny. Keep on keepin on sac!