PDA

View Full Version : interesting coments from the champ!!

broken12
01-09-2009, 08:06 PM
listened to this yesterday, think i got it from mane, but anyway, i believe he said something to the fact about how the new dc needs to be more aggressive and not just do one thing even if is not working, sometin like that, heres the link, takes a while to load but pretty good!!!
http://a1135.g.akamai.net/f/1135/18227/1h/cchannel.download.akamai.com/18227/podcast/DENVER-CO/KRFX-FM/1-05%20champ%20bailey.mp3?CPROG=PCAST&MARKET=DENVER-CO&NG_FORMAT=classicrock&SITE_ID=978&STATION_ID=KRFX-FM&PCAST_AUTHOR=KRFX&PCAST_CAT=Comedy&PCAST_TITLE=The_New,_Improved_Masters_Podcast

Lonestar
01-09-2009, 09:38 PM
sounds like he jumped off slowick bandwagon pretty quick after being the head cheerleader for him two years ago..

broken12
01-09-2009, 10:56 PM
my thoughts exactly, praising him all offseason maybe had a little bit of influence on shanny when he hired the guy!

muse
01-10-2009, 06:30 AM
The DBs loved Slow because he was a good DBs coach. And so I don't blame him for thinking that he could've done a great job as a DC, it's obvious that Champ thought very highly of him. But in the end, the blame still falls on Shanahan for not doing his research properly.

JONtheBRONCO
01-10-2009, 12:07 PM
sounds like he jumped off slowick bandwagon pretty quick after being the head cheerleader for him two years ago..

Yeah because he's going to come out and say his DB coach is a terrible choice to the media...

Lonestar
01-10-2009, 12:46 PM
Yeah because he's going to come out and say his DB coach is a terrible choice to the media...

He continually beat that drum it was not just a one time comment.. that being the difference...

I understand him having to make a one time comment about him being a great DB coach and that his players liking to play for him.. But it was not just a one timer.

Now he not only jumped off the bus, but threw his "coach" under it..

tomjonesrocks
01-10-2009, 01:17 PM
Champ's a great player, but as mentioned he's at least partially responsible for the Slowik fiasco which makes me nearly completely unconcerned about Champ's ideas on coaching-related matters.
Additionally, the guy hasn't really been around a lot of winning franchises which dilutes his opinion even more.

Next. :coffee:

Tned
01-10-2009, 02:54 PM
It's crazy to lay any of this on Champ. If Shanahan, Bowlen or anyone else made their 'decisions' on coaching staff based on what a player says to the media, then they shouldn't be owning or coaching NFL teams, but should transition to Pop Warner teams.

Lonestar
01-10-2009, 03:03 PM
It's crazy to lay any of this on Champ. If Shanahan, Bowlen or anyone else made their 'decisions' on coaching staff based on what a player says to the media, then they shouldn't be owning or coaching NFL teams, but should transition to Pop Warner teams.

I'm not so sure I totally agree with this..

If I had an all pro sure to be HOF CB I think I would listen to his ideas..

I would not anoint him as the sole source before promoting him, but I would listen to him, for to his ideas..

It is not like asking someone from the mania forum.. Although coming on here and asking would have been a great Idea IMHO.. :laugh:

Simple Jaded
01-10-2009, 03:06 PM

If Lip Service was all Bailey was doing then he laid it on a little thick.......

Lonestar
01-10-2009, 03:14 PM
If Lip Service was all Bailey was doing then he laid it on a little thick.......

he probably realized he was a loser and needed alot of support.. :laugh:

frauschieze
01-10-2009, 03:15 PM
It is not like asking someone from the mania forum.. Although coming on here and asking would have been a great Idea IMHO.. :laugh:

Depending on whose opinions were listened too. :hi:

:laugh:

Lonestar
01-10-2009, 03:20 PM
Depending on whose opinions were listened too. :hi:

:laugh:

Hey I'll listen to Boss or G-Man any day. We have many outstanding football minds on here..:salute:

I know mikey never listened to me so:laugh::laugh::laugh:

frauschieze
01-10-2009, 03:22 PM
Hey I'll listen to Boss or G-Man any day. We have many outstanding football minds on here..:salute:

I know mikey never listened to me so:laugh::laugh::laugh:

We do have some fantastic football minds.....but just think if they listened to someone like Nature Boy. :shocked: :banghead:

Lonestar
01-10-2009, 03:25 PM
We do have some fantastic football minds.....but just think if they listened to someone like Nature Boy. :shocked: :banghead:

bite your tongue :salute:

Tned
01-10-2009, 03:30 PM
I'm not so sure I totally agree with this..

If I had an all pro sure to be HOF CB I think I would listen to his ideas..

I would not anoint him as the sole source before promoting him, but I would listen to him, for to his ideas..

I said what a player says to the media. If they pull champ into a meeting and pick his brain and get his thoughts, that's one thing. Basing decisions on sound bites to the media would be idiotic. Neither Bowlen nor Shanahan struck me as idiots, regardless of what some people think of them.

Champ is a team player, he is rarely going to throw his teammates under the bus, so therefore an owner or coach that based decisions on Champs comments to the media would be, as I said, idiots.

TXBRONC
01-10-2009, 04:04 PM
I said what a player says to the media. If they pull champ into a meeting and pick his brain and get his thoughts, that's one thing. Basing decisions on sound bites to the media would be idiotic. Neither Bowlen nor Shanahan struck me as idiots, regardless of what some people think of them.

Champ is a team player, he is rarely going to throw his teammates under the bus, so therefore an owner or coach that based decisions on Champs comments to the media would be, as I said, idiots.

Some people seem to know exactly what's said in team meeting and private conversations between the owner and his employees. Heck some people even know exactly what everyone else is thinking.