PDA

View Full Version : Aaron Curry fined $20,000 for illegal hits on Tim Tebow - Moss fined $15,000

Tned
11-11-2011, 04:17 PM
As I expected:

RT @JasonLaCanfora: From Week 9, Aaron Curry was fined $20,000 for roughing the passer. He struck the quarterback in the head and neck area.

UPDATE: Jeff Legwold reports that Jarvis Moss was also fined for driving Tebow into the ground, which did draw a roughing the passer flag in the game.

Raiders defensive end Jarvis Moss was also fined $15,000 for driving Tebow into the ground after a hit as well.

http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/2011/11/11/broncos-miller-fined-15000-for-hit-on-raiders-qb-carson-palmer/10657/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Ziggy
11-11-2011, 04:20 PM
If it was Brady playing that game and taking those hits, there would have been at least 4 penalties called for roughing the passer.

underrated29
11-11-2011, 04:25 PM
If it was Brady playing that game and taking those hits, there would have been at least 4 penalties called for roughing the passer.

The guy that hit peyton manning last year is still being fined to this day. Until peyton gets back on the field.

dogfish
11-11-2011, 04:27 PM
"Ahhhh, my neck! My back! My back and my neck!"

LVbLYg3gP3U

Tned
11-11-2011, 04:32 PM

Probably. A flag wasn't even thrown on either of the hits that led to the fine (not clear which, or both, blows to head/neck led to the fine, but neither were flagged).

slim
11-11-2011, 04:40 PM
Good.

**** the Raiders.

Tned
11-11-2011, 04:41 PM
Also, I updated the original post. Jarvis Moss was also fined $15k for driving Tebow into the ground.

Northman
11-11-2011, 04:41 PM
lol

Tned
11-11-2011, 04:43 PM

The good news is even if the Refs blew it by not throwing the flag because Tebow is a "running QB," the league handing out the fines and grading down the refs that didn't throw the flags, might make players wary of the illegal hits in the future.

slim
11-11-2011, 04:47 PM
The good news is even if the Refs blew it by not throwing the flag because Tebow is a "running QB," the league handing out the fines and grading down the refs that didn't throw the flags, might make players wary of the illegal hits in the future.

I doubt it.

TT has a bullseye on his back.

Northman
11-11-2011, 04:54 PM
I doubt it.

Yea, most players who have been fined said they will continue to play that way as it is the only way they know how to play. Fining wont do much, suspending them would go much further as it would hurt the teams rather than the pocket book.

Tned
11-11-2011, 05:22 PM
Yea, most players who have been fined said they will continue to play that way as it is the only way they know how to play. Fining wont do much, suspending them would go much further as it would hurt the teams rather than the pocket book.

True, I've heard the same thing. With the new "breath on them and get fined" rules, it's going to be hard to see where or how they draw the line on when they stop escalating the fines (someone was hit with $40k this week) and start suspending.

Davii
11-11-2011, 05:35 PM
While it may not stop the hits, the fines and refs getting called out will make the refs pay more attention to hits on Tebow. The refs take getting graded down seriously, it impacts what games they work at and even whether they get the job in the future.

Tned
11-11-2011, 05:40 PM
While it may not stop the hits, the fines and refs getting called out will make the refs pay more attention to hits on Tebow. The refs take getting graded down seriously, it impacts what games they work at and even whether they get the job in the future.

Whether they can ref playoff games and stuff.

I remember watching the Hochuli special on NFL Network (a year or two before the Den/SD blown fumble), and during that week they followed him, he showed how they had a weekly rules quiz they had to complete, and also showed the league office reviewing game film and grading the refs.

rcsodak
11-11-2011, 05:48 PM
Curry hit him under the face mask with his helmet and busted open his lip.

Mobile Post via http://Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

spikerman
11-11-2011, 06:02 PM
As I expected:

RT @JasonLaCanfora: From Week 9, Aaron Curry was fined $20,000 for roughing the passer. He struck the quarterback in the head and neck area.

UPDATE: Jeff Legwold reports that Jarvis Moss was also fined for driving Tebow into the ground, which did draw a roughing the passer flag in the game.

It certainly didn't take Curry long to learn how to be a Raider.

I'm not sure I believe Legwold's report. Jarvis Moss has never physically touched a QB as an NFL player.

Denver Native (Carol)
11-11-2011, 06:37 PM
Von was also fined:

Broncos linebacker Von Miller was fined $15,000 by the NFL for his fourth quarter hit on Raiders quarterback Carson Palmer last Sunday.

Miller was flagged for roughing the passer on the play and the league cited Miller for striking Palmer in the chest area with his helmet. Palmer had already released the pass when Miller arrived for the hit as well.

http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/2011/11/11/broncos-miller-fined-15000-for-hit-on-raiders-qb-carson-palmer/10657/

rcsodak
11-11-2011, 07:21 PM
It certainly didn't take Curry long to learn how to be a Raider.

I'm not sure I believe Legwold's report. Jarvis Moss has never physically touched a QB as an NFL player.

Just goes to show how being surrounded by talent can help you.

rcsodak
11-11-2011, 07:24 PM
Dont they know he's only 5' tall?

Thestrategist1
11-11-2011, 08:40 PM
No this was good, the bulls eye statement was absolutely true. With all the media surrounding Tebow right now any no name NFL player is looking to be Tebowing while sacking... And with new player poll saying Tebow is the most overrated player in the NFL really makes these guys wanna hurt him, dirty if necessary. Hopefully this will make the bullseye a little smaller now...

I Eat Staples
11-11-2011, 09:13 PM
I don't agree with fining players for playing tough, hard football. The league just wants a passing league with 45-38 score games.

wayninja
11-11-2011, 09:15 PM
I doubt it.

From some of the posts around here, you'd think he has a bulls-eye on his front. His lower front.

wayninja
11-11-2011, 09:16 PM
I don't agree with fining players for playing tough, hard football. The league just wants a passing league with 45-38 score games.

They should just make an offshoot where QB's try to hit 60 yard bombs into 10ft diameter hoops.

dogfish
11-11-2011, 10:44 PM
From some of the posts around here, you'd think he has a bulls-eye on his front. His lower front.

we call that a gators-eye. . .

:heh: