PDA

View Full Version : Football Gameplan's Broncos v Chiefs Wk 10 Preview Video

EmDiggy
11-10-2011, 07:24 AM
Broncos vs Chiefs Video Preview (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3cmTxGu0_bw)

Good morning Broncos fans! Good luck this week!

Em

wayninja
11-10-2011, 09:04 AM
Did you see the game vs Oakland? Because you were talking about play calling as though you hadn't.

HORSEPOWER 56
11-10-2011, 09:12 AM
Good stuff as usual, Emory. Your "X-factor" for the Broncos was right on the money. Mike McCoy now has something that has proven to work in the read-option offense at his disposal. Now, he just needs to add a few wrinkles and change it up a little each week to keep defenses guessing. If he can incorporate the short pass into it, and Tebow can be accurate with the throws, that offense is damned near unstoppable.

The challenge for McCoy is keep utilizing Tebow's strengths. Option-read, bootlegs, and rolling the pocket all can be very successful for us. The TD pass to Royal was an under-center play action pass with a rolling pocket. Tebow had all day to find Royal and Royal had all day to find a soft spot in the coverage because the rolling pocket bought time for the play to develop. These plays force defenses to play "contain" vice just rushing upfield at the QB. "Contain" forces those edge rushers to hesitate and not rush so hard so they don't overrun the play and the QB/RB just goes up the middle, but it also gives the QB an extra second or two to throw because the rush isn't on him in hurry.

McCoy now knows what he has in his offense and all the starters are finally healthy. If he can use it correctly, this offense can be very tough to stop. If we can keep rushing for nearly 300 yards a game, we're going to win a lot of football games.

SoCalImport
11-10-2011, 09:17 AM
Not bad at all. Got to agree that Tebow struggles most with pressure that comes up the middle (then that's pretty much any QB). First one of these I've watched (I think). Cool that you plug the fan sites at the end.

SoCalImport
11-10-2011, 09:19 AM
Could've mentioned Clady's apparent struggles in pass protection. Hali vs. Clady will be pretty key.

BroncoStud
11-10-2011, 10:36 AM
Mike McCoy is the key to this game. If he can somehow call a good game from beginning to end I like our chances.

Matt Cassel is one of the worst starting QBs in the NFL.