PDA

View Full Version : How much Moderator Action Is Too Much

BigBroncLove
10-07-2007, 12:25 PM
So, I was thinking about this last night, and are there any guide lines for moderator action here?

Now today, I was asked to not make a certien commetn which I agree with, but the way I was asked to not make that comment I felt was slightly rude. I don't really care, I have tough skin but I think mdoerators should approach situations which require their action with better temperment.

Secondly one of my posts was deleted last night, not because it violated anything specifically, but because the arguement was growing in the thread and the mdoerator wanted to reduce the escalating situation. The moderator also was taking part on one side of the arguement but also edited the person on the otherside of the discussions post. So is it allowed for a moderator to delete posts to stop an escalating arguement, even when that post is both civil, within the confines of the guidelines, and is very similar to other posts that were not deleted? Is it also allowed for a moderator to edit posts in a discussion he is part of?

IMO I think mods should approach situation with a tempered and civil approach they want to take action in. They should also not take action in a discussion they are a part of unless it shows gross negligence ot the guidelines, and lastly I do not feel posts should be deleted for what a mod precieves to be halting an escaltion. If a thread becomes to arguementative, I think the thread should eb closed. That's my :2cents:. What do you think?

BigBroncLove
10-07-2007, 01:57 PM
On second reading a moderators appraoch, which originally I thought to be minorly rude, I realize now it wasn't at all. So I retract that. I do think all situations like it should approached with civility, but my example of a mod proposing action in a rude manenr was off base, I was a little to close to the arguement :P :crazy:

topscribe
10-07-2007, 03:29 PM
Of course, I am the Mod you are talking about in this.

First, I was a part of the thread, yes, but not part of that specific discussion.
Posters were involved in a silly argument over whether given age is too old for
a rookie. I had posted in there regarding durability and longevity of the same
player, but his age was not of concern to me. So there was no "conflict of
interest" on my part.

I deleted and edited several posts there, on both sides of the argument, to
calm the storm, so to speak. As I explained to you in a PM, your post was just
caught in the line of fire, and I had to get it out of the way to put the fire
out. I also later undeleted it, as you know.

Closing a thread is an extreme measure because it puts all discussions and
posts in that thread out of commission. It is preferable to edit and delete
individual posts as necessary. So no, closing a thread is not preferable to
deleting and/or editing posts.

Regarding your inquiry as to whether guidelines exist regarding the actions
of Mod, yes, they exist. It is a good idea for you and everybody to review
those guidelines. They are at http://broncosforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1514.

Specifically, the rule in question is, "Moderators have the right to edit or
remove posts that are in violation of any rule or guideline or ones that they
consider offensive to the integrity of the community. Moderators may lock a
thread because it is has gone as far as it could go, in their opinion, or is
heading down a path that would violate the rules or guidelines (based on
experience). Rules may be added or changed at any time."

Frankly, I'm surprised to see this here, after you told me in a PM that it was
no big deal. But if you have questions, this is the place to do it. If you have
any further questions or comments, please let us know.

-ts

-----

BigBroncLove
10-07-2007, 05:17 PM
Of course, I am the Mod you are talking about in this.

First, I was a part of the thread, yes, but not part of that specific discussion.
Posters were involved in a silly argument over whether given age is too old for
a rookie. I had posted in there regarding durability and longevity of the same
player, but his age was not of concern to me. So there was no "conflict of
interest" on my part.

I deleted and edited several posts there, on both sides of the argument, to
calm the storm, so to speak. As I explained to you in a PM, your post was just
caught in the line of fire, and I had to get it out of the way to put the fire
out. I also later undeleted it, as you know.

Closing a thread is an extreme measure because it puts all discussions and
posts in that thread out of commission. It is preferable to edit and delete
individual posts as necessary. So no, closing a thread is not preferable to
deleting and/or editing posts.

Regarding your inquiry as to whether guidelines exist regarding the actions
of Mod, yes, they exist. It is a good idea for you and everybody to review
those guidelines. They are at http://broncosforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1514.

Specifically, the rule in question is, "Moderators have the right to edit or
remove posts that are in violation of any rule or guideline or ones that they
consider offensive to the integrity of the community. Moderators may lock a
thread because it is has gone as far as it could go, in their opinion, or is
heading down a path that would violate the rules or guidelines (based on
experience). Rules may be added or changed at any time."

Frankly, I'm surprised to see this here, after you told me in a PM that it was
no big deal. But if you have questions, this is the place to do it. If you have
any further questions or comments, please let us know.

-ts

-----

It's not a big deal, but frankly I think its something worth discussion. If you also remember in my PM, I said it's not a big deal, but that I think posts should not be deleted in these cases. I think its a pretty extreme thing for a mod to take words out of a persons mouth as editing their posts do. I think editing and deleting is just as extreme as closing a discussion since you are changing a persons post to what a mod believes should be posted.

I made this thread because its the town hall. If I am correct, tned made this forum with the explicit idea that this wasn't a place to be decided by only the mods or tned, but the community at large. I told you it wasn't a big deal, but I think that when its necesary to take such action needs to be defined more. To mix both sound decision making with concrete guidelines for these situations. Mods are human to, and I think if its to open ended, decisions will be made that people won't agree with. By setting guidelines as to what can be edited, and to what situations I think it creates a better forum. What constitutes offensive to the integrity of the community? I know in your pm to me, you didn;t feel my post was, but it was deleted none the less.....

I think its an important thing to discuss.

topscribe
10-07-2007, 06:24 PM
It's not a big deal, but frankly I think its something worth discussion. If you also remember in my PM, I said it's not a big deal, but that I think posts should not be deleted in these cases. I think its a pretty extreme thing for a mod to take words out of a persons mouth as editing their posts do. I think editing and deleting is just as extreme as closing a discussion since you are changing a persons post to what a mod believes should be posted.

I made this thread because its the town hall. If I am correct, tned made this forum with the explicit idea that this wasn't a place to be decided by only the mods or tned, but the community at large. I told you it wasn't a big deal, but I think that when its necesary to take such action needs to be defined more. To mix both sound decision making with concrete guidelines for these situations. Mods are human to, and I think if its to open ended, decisions will be made that people won't agree with. By setting guidelines as to what can be edited, and to what situations I think it creates a better forum. What constitutes offensive to the integrity of the community? I know in your pm to me, you didn;t feel my post was, but it was deleted none the less.....

I think its an important thing to discuss.

I thought I said that, as far as discussing it here.

Can you point out where I discouraged that?

This saying something one way and being taken another gets a little old . . .

-----

BigBroncLove
10-07-2007, 06:48 PM
I thought I said that, as far as discussing it here.

Can you point out where I discouraged that?

This saying something one way and being taken another gets a little old . . .

-----

Your taking it that way is on you IMO. It was not intended that way, and if you re-read my first pm, what I said in that pm pretty much sums up exactly what I posted here... :coffee:

topscribe
10-07-2007, 07:09 PM
Well, let me put it this way: We Mods do the best we can to make the right
decisions. Most of the time, they will be good decisions. Once in a while, they
may be bad decisions. But we do the best we can at this unpaid position.

If I feel it is necessary to edit or delete a post or a series of posts, I will do
that. If I feel it necessary to close a thread, I will do that. That is the best I
can do. Sometimes I may delete a post and later undelete it, as I did yours.
The other day, I closed a thread and later opened it. But then, I may delete a
post and leave it deleted, or close a thread and leave it closed. Depends on
the situation.

I will be fair as I can in all situations. But all I can do is the best I can do.
There is nothing else. As I mentioned, if you have a question or a challenge,
this is the place to do it. I will always take it into consideration.

If you still are not satisfied, you can appeal it to the Advisory Board, an
option I am unaware of in any other message board. You have a lot of
options here.

-----

Jody
10-07-2007, 07:10 PM
First, I think this works two ways, as a fellow poster.

If offended or questioning, why do you not pm the moderator or the administrator and try getting your questions answered in that manner first, as not to escalate a situation that may be 'easily' resolved with a pm or two or five. If then you feel your concerns are not being taken seriously, then make a thread for ALL TO SEE?

As a fellow poster, I think it's very rude for members to post threads regarding moderators, at the onset of a problem, without first trying other avenues.

How much moderator action is too much?

My question leans more towards, how much member action is too much.

I do say that completely enjoying your other posting though, so please do not take it to heart, just as you asked in your thread for opinions.....

topscribe
10-07-2007, 07:15 PM

If offended or questioning, why do you not pm the moderator or the administrator and try getting your questions answered in that manner first, as not to escalate a situation that may be 'easily' resolved with a pm or two or five. If then you feel your concerns are not being taken seriously, then make a thread for ALL TO SEE?

As a fellow poster, I think it's very rude for members to post threads regarding moderators, at the onset of a problem, without first trying other avenues.

I do say that completely enjoying your other posting though, so please do not take it to heart, just as you asked in your thread for opinions.....

Your input is always appreciated, HW. You are very much valued in that
sense, as well as in many others.

In fairness to BBL, he did PM me, and we had a discussion over what I did
with his post. He apparently was not satisfied with my answers . . . which is
okay because I at times was not too happy with a given Mod myself when
I was a "non-Mod" poster. So what he did here was the right thing: He took
it to Town Hall. If he still is not satisfied, then, as I mentioned, he can take
it to the Advisory Board. Now, I am presently on the Advisory Board, but I
would recuse myself off it in this case so BBL could be assured he is being
considered fairly.

But again, if BBL wants answers beyond what I gave him, he posted in the
right place. :smile:

-----

BigBroncLove
10-07-2007, 07:16 PM
Well, let me put it this way: We Mods do the best we can to make the right
decisions. Most of the time, they will be good decisions. Once in a while, they
may be bad decisions. But we do the best we can at this unpaid position.

If I feel it is necessary to edit or delete a post or a series of posts, I will do
that. If I feel it necessary to close a thread, I will do that. That is the best I
can do. Sometimes I may delete a post and later undelete it, as I did yours.
The other day, I closed a thread and later opened it. But then, I may delete a
post and leave it deleted, or close a thread and leave it closed. Depends on
the situation.

I will be fair as I can in all situations. But all I can do is the best I can do.
There is nothing else. As I mentioned, if you have a question or a challenge,
this is the place to do it. I will always take it into consideration.

If you still are not satisfied, you can appeal it to the Advisory Board, an
option I am unaware of in any other message board. You have a lot of
options here.

-----

Top, I hope you understand I didn't mean this as an attack on you at all. That's why originally I kept the situations where we had disagreed anonymous, so no one individual would come under fire. I think you do a tremendous job, but I also think that the rules which define when moderators take action in similar cases should be more clearly laid out.

One of my posts, the one in reply to your here, came off a little arguementative, and I want to apologize for that, but I think it's a valid discussion, to which I agree you accept.

I just feel its something that should be discussed. There will be edits and deletes, I understand that. I may not agree with them, and if its your post being edited or deleted obviously you won't be happy about it, but I do think it can only help to lay out rules governing this sort of thing more clearly. Not only for those of us posting, but for the mods so their actions don't have to be justified, but are clearly backed by the guidelines. I know right now they are, but its very vague language IMO which doesn't come close to letting an individual really understand what constitutes and doesn't constitute such action.

So on that note, I do want to say I appreciate your work top, and all the mods. There is a reason in one of my pm's last night top that I said you should be nominated for mod of the day! :D

BigBroncLove
10-07-2007, 07:19 PM

I lked your post HW, but once again I think the idea of this thread is being taken off course. This isn't about finger pointing, and my issues with top were resolved yesterday. This is about protocol, and about talking about it in the community to get an understanding of what that protocol should be. If no one agrees with me, I'm fine with it, but this will help, no matter what to better define what constitutes moderator action, and if what I precieve to be to much action is infact that.

There's a reason I kept top out of this originally, and I do believe it is an issue that should be discussed in the oepn and not behind closed doors. This is something that effects us all, and a few shouldn't decide what is a majority issue IMO.

topscribe
10-07-2007, 07:22 PM
Top, I hope you understand I didn't mean this as an attack on you at all. That's why originally I kept the situations where we had disagreed anonymous, so no one individual would come under fire. I think you do a tremendous job, but I also think that the rules which define when moderators take action in similar cases should be more clearly laid out.

One of my posts, the one in reply to your here, came off a little arguementative, and I want to apologize for that, but I think it's a valid discussion, to which I agree you accept.

I just feel its something that should be discussed. There will be edits and deletes, I understand that. I may not agree with them, and if its your post being edited or deleted obviously you won't be happy about it, but I do think it can only help to lay out rules governing this sort of thing more clearly. Not only for those of us posting, but for the mods so their actions don't have to be justified, but are clearly backed by the guidelines. I know right now they are, but its very vague language IMO which doesn't come close to letting an individual really understand what constitutes and doesn't constitute such action.

So on that note, I do want to say I appreciate your work top, and all the mods. There is a reason in one of my pm's last night top that I said you should be nominated for mod of the day! :D

Well see, the language has to be pretty "vague." Precise descriptions only
end up resembling the Talmud, and the regulations still will not cover all
the situations that will arise. It has to be largely up to the person doing the
modding in a given situation. But that is why you have the avenues of
appeal here. If I goof, you have a place to go with it. This message board
is the only one I know of where you really have that.

-----

BigBroncLove
10-07-2007, 07:29 PM
Well see, the language has to be pretty "vague." Precised descriptions only

-----

Well that's what I'm getting at. I would prefer it to be less vague. I don't think every situation needs to be mapped out, but I do think it should be more clear then it currently is. Here's some examples of how I would prefer things to be. Obviously this is a forum with a lot of people, so things won't b how I prefer them, but it's my opinion so I'll spout it :D.

I especially feel strong about editing posts. I don't think they should be edited unless they are obviously violating the rules, and should only remove personal attacks and insults. Even if the post escalates the discussion, it should be allowed to remain so long as it is not violating these two major things IMO.

I feel deletion should only be for similar reasons, but should be done when a group of posts (i.e. one or more people discuss things in a rude manner, and it escalates) warrent deletion, or an entire post by an individual cannot be edited because the hwole post is in violation of the guidelines.

Closed threads should be reserved for when the thread has become so inflammatory that it actually draws people in to break the rules.

Things of this nature. I say this because diferent mods se things differently. Leaving it up to the individual makes it a very different system depending on the mod who is online at the time. I don't see what could make this forum worse by more clearly defining what fits and why it fits into each of these catagories: edit, deletion, and closing.

It's how I feel....

Jody
10-07-2007, 07:31 PM
I lked your post HW, but once again I think the idea of this thread is being taken off course. This isn't about finger pointing, and my issues with top were resolved yesterday. This is about protocol, and about talking about it in the community to get an understanding of what that protocol should be. If no one agrees with me, I'm fine with it, but this will help, no matter what to better define what constitutes moderator action, and if what I precieve to be to much action is infact that.

There's a reason I kept top out of this originally, and I do believe it is an issue that should be discussed in the oepn and not behind closed doors. This is something that effects us all, and a few shouldn't decide what is a majority issue IMO.

I appreciate your attitude. However, bringing issues into a thread, even though completely your right, does not show 'the whole picture' to viewers. Therefore, to me....it still comes across as finger-pointing, even if not intended as such.

I don't know how you'll ever find the right answer(s) to what you are looking for, as the multitude of variations given any one situation that occurs, all the varying factors in any one situation.

These are the types of threads that depleted BM in my opinion, and did not help to clear up anything. Best of luck to you finding insight though.

BigBroncLove
10-07-2007, 07:42 PM
I appreciate your attitude. However, bringing issues into a thread, even though completely your right, does not show 'the whole picture' to viewers. Therefore, to me....it still comes across as finger-pointing, even if not intended as such.

I don't know how you'll ever find the right answer(s) to what you are looking for, as the multitude of variations given any one situation that occurs, all the varying factors in any one situation.

These are the types of threads that depleted BM in my opinion, and did not help to clear up anything. Best of luck to you finding insight though.

Good post. I don't expect there to be any right answers, just a ton of them for one thing or another. I do believe that the rules could be more clearly defined to address most if not all situations more clearly while still being vague enough not to turn the system into what BM is now with the demerit thing they have for any and all violations depending on its catagory as defined by the CoC.

All opinions are welcomed though, as it is an opne discussion :D , I just feel it could be done a little better. When BM was in its hay day IMO, it was still fairly clearly defined as to what action could or not be taken, but the mods own opinion did play a role, which helped IMO. Now at BM it's like a computer is the mod. No give or take at all.....

But my opinion is pretty well stated. I'll leave it at that, I have to ru nanyways, but I do believe that the system could be more concrete, but not to stiff. Just enough to define when action should be taken, but stil lleaving enough good sense in the mods hands for them to make choices based upon the situation.

Denver Native (Carol)
10-07-2007, 07:51 PM
The idea behind this board is not to have negs, and not to ban, unless absolutely necessary. But there does need to be some restrictions, and I am sure this situation happened when there was only one mod on here. One mod for the whole board, not one mod for just one thread. Therefore, one mod can not take the time to pm a poster(s) when they see something that should not be there, or something that should be edited, so the quickest way for a mod to stop a potential problem is to do what can be done as quick as possible.

BigBroncLove
10-07-2007, 07:54 PM
The idea behind this board is not to have negs, and not to ban, unless absolutely necessary.

I agree, I don't like the hwole neg thing.... and the goal of the board is to grow, not get smaller :D

I also don't think the mod should have to pm a poster when action is taken. My opinion is well stated earlier so I won't repeat myself because it just gets repetetive.... I said I was going to go though... so I'm off :D

GEM
10-08-2007, 11:24 PM
This is way off topic, but on the front page all I got was How much moderator action....and all I thought was....The moderators are getting action!!:laugh: Sorry, it cracked me up.

Uncle Buck
10-08-2007, 11:26 PM
This is way off topic, but on the front page all I got was How much moderator action....and all I thought was....The moderators are getting action!!:laugh: Sorry, it cracked me up.

GEM.... GO TO YOUR ROOM! :laugh:

topscribe
10-08-2007, 11:31 PM

Well, in that case, I think I ought to have a thread of my own:

How much moderator action is too little? :Cry:

-----

GEM
10-08-2007, 11:37 PM
GEM.... GO TO YOUR ROOM! :laugh:

Yes sir....*kicks the floor*

:laugh:

No worries topper....you're not the only one getting too little. At least you have the power to ban trolls! :D

Uncle Buck
10-09-2007, 12:16 AM
Yes sir....*kicks the floor*

No worries topper....you're not the only one getting too little. At least you have the power to ban trolls! :D

In football, the above would be called "taunting," young lady. Are you aware of the penalty for taunting an old man--especially, if he has forgotten to take his heart medicine??

:mad:

topscribe
10-09-2007, 12:21 AM
In football, the above would be called "taunting," young lady. Are you aware of the penalty for taunting an old man--especially, if he has forgotten to take his heart medicine??

:mad:

Uncle Buck . . . I don't remember her taunting you . . . :confused:

-----

Uncle Buck
10-09-2007, 12:28 AM
Uncle Buck . . . I don't remember her taunting you . . . :confused:

-----

Well, you see... I thought I was replying to her post, to yours...

Now I'm confused.... :confused:

Or was I replying to....

Anyhows, nice comeback, old man! :salute:

LordTrychon
10-09-2007, 04:00 PM
Well, in that case, I think I ought to have a thread of my own:

How much moderator action is too little? :Cry:

-----

Now there's a thread I could get into. :laugh:

2- Minute Warning
10-10-2007, 07:18 PM
Well see, the language has to be pretty "vague." Precise descriptions only

-----

I have to disagree, Broncomania puts up with ooddles of crap and tries to deal with things fairly as possible.
You always seemed you were exempt from the rules, so you are bitter.

Jody
10-10-2007, 07:34 PM
I have to disagree, Broncomania puts up with ooddles of crap and tries to deal with things fairly as possible.

Off topic and full of crap. :flypig:

Raiderfan76
10-11-2007, 08:53 AM
:listen:

------

topscribe
10-11-2007, 02:05 PM

Good to see you, Summerz! Hope to see you around some more. :beer:

-----

2- Minute Warning
10-11-2007, 06:45 PM
Good to see you, Summerz! Hope to see you around some more. :beer:

-----
Thanks, that's very kind of you.

Poet
10-14-2007, 06:03 AM
It is my personal opinion that moderator action should vary depending on the forum. Smack talk really shouldn't need much moderating past over the top insults and severe cursing. A forum like the politics and religion forum should need more moderation then most. Those forums go past your favorite football team, or who is the best QB in the league (obviously Palmer;)). Those forums show a part of you, and your personal life. I mean it is pretty obvious that there will always be something that is blatantly offensive and wrong that could be posted in any forum.

Cleveland Rocks
10-14-2007, 11:46 PM
I favor extreme moderation. So, no amount of Moderator Action is too much. I like being told what is and is not acceptable and shown what is and is not acceptable. Exactly like Guided Practice.

sneakers
10-14-2007, 11:56 PM
I favor extreme moderation. So, no amount of Moderator Action is too much. I like being told what is and is not acceptable and shown what is and is not acceptable. Exactly like Guided Practice.

I sense sarcasm :tsk: That is no longer allowed ;)

Cleveland Rocks
10-14-2007, 11:58 PM

No, actually, I'm not being sarcastic.

I like Guided Practice and fully support Guided Practice. Like for instance, not naming names or anything. If you open a thread and are accused of being off topic. Yet, your posts are on topic. Wouldn't you like a disclaimer by the moderators or something? Something like:

"DISCLAIMER: The purpose of this thread and sole purpose of this thread is to talk trash about ______. All posts deviating from talking trash about ______, will be summarily deleted."

Something like that would really be helpful. Like in the Smack Forum thread - or anywhere else for that matter. Or even the opposite, like a Game Day thread where all posts are supposed to be extremely upbeat and positive and another were everything is supposed to be extremely hypocritical and full of anger. It should have a disclaimer as well - everything would be awesome.

Broncos Mtnman
10-15-2007, 12:07 AM
No, actually, I'm not being sarcastic.

I like Guided Practice and fully support Guided Practice. Like for instance, not naming names or anything. If you open a thread and are accused of being off topic. Yet, your posts are on topic. Wouldn't you like a disclaimer by the moderators or something? Something like:

"DISCLAIMER: The purpose of this thread and sole purpose of this thread is to talk trash about ______. All posts deviating from talking trash about ______, will be summarily deleted."

Something like that would really be helpful. Like in the Smack Forum thread - or anywhere else for that matter. Or even the opposite, like a Game Day thread where all posts are supposed to be extremely upbeat and positive and another were everything is supposed to be extremely hypocritical and full of anger. It should have a disclaimer as well - everything would be awesome.

CR,

You and I both know what you're referencing.

Yep, I deleted a post of yours. I asked publicly for you and others to stay on topic and you elected to rant at me. I did it publicly because I didn't want to close the thread.

If you have a problem with any action me or another mod takes, you can ask the board to look at it.

However, it's my job as a mod to keep threads running smoothly. In my OPINION, your posts weren't doing that.

Please let me know if you have any questions or concerns.

BMM

Broncos Mtnman
10-15-2007, 12:08 AM

If you would like to add to the discussion, please do so in the spirit of the thread, which deals with mods and the actions they take.

A generalized statement like this one only serves to stir things up.

Cleveland Rocks
10-15-2007, 12:16 AM
CR,

You and I both know what you're referencing.

Yep, I deleted a post of yours. I asked publicly for you and others to stay on topic and you elected to rant at me. I did it publicly because I didn't want to close the thread.

If you have a problem with any action me or another mod takes, you can ask the board to look at it.

However, it's my job as a mod to keep threads running smoothly. In my OPINION, your posts weren't doing that.

Please let me know if you have any questions or concerns.

BMM

No, you are wrong.

I post in the Other Teams forums news about the Browns. Just a simple news story related to the Browns. What happens to it? People come to talk smack, in the Other Teams forum. Smack is for the Smack forum, not the Other Teams forum.

I go and respond, on topic to a post in P&R about any given subject on the subject. Yet, people feel I am off topic by posting about the event surrounding the topic and the event pertaining to the topic. A disclaimer specifically stating what artistic or non-artistic plans for the post are out in the open. Not open to interpretation. Such as a post in the Other Teams Forum stating:

"DISCLAIMER: This thread is devoted to talking about the Browns in ____ game. No smack."

Then, if a person wants to talk smack, they can make a thread in the smack forum devoted to the opposite of that post and so on. WIth this system there are clearly defined roles for that given thread. That way all participants in that thread, even the innocent bystander reading it, knows full well what is expected to be on or off topic in that one given thread.

Broncos Mtnman
10-15-2007, 12:19 AM
No, you are wrong.

I post in the Other Teams forums news about the Browns. Just a simple news story related to the Browns. What happens to it? People come to talk smack, in the Other Teams forum. Smack is for the Smack forum, not the Other Teams forum.

I go and respond, on topic to a post in P&R about any given subject on the subject. Yet, people feel I am off topic by posting about the event surrounding the topic and the event pertaining to the topic. A disclaimer specifically stating what artistic or non-artistic plans for the post are out in the open. Not open to interpretation. Such as a post in the Other Teams Forum stating:

"DISCLAIMER: This thread is devoted to talking about the Browns in ____ game. No smack."

Then, if a person wants to talk smack, they can make a thread in the smack forum devoted to the opposite of that post and so on. WIth this system there are clearly defined roles for that given thread. That way all participants in that thread, even the innocent bystander reading it, knows full well what is expected to be on or off topic in that one given thread.

If you feel someone is posting in the wrong forum, that's what the report button is for. Please use it and one of the mods will address it.

But when you join in the discussion, it forces us to deal with you as well as the others. USE THE REPORT FEATURE...

sneakers
10-15-2007, 12:40 AM
I thought that one of the reasons BroncosForums was created was that BM was getting too oppressive, and it felt as if we were getting babysat....So having a Moderator always looking over your shoulder, and always threatening "corrective" action (deleting your post, etc) kind of feels like a slap in the face.

Broncos Mtnman
10-15-2007, 12:49 AM
I thought that one of the reasons BroncosForums was created was that BM was getting too oppressive, and it felt as if we were getting babysat....So having a Moderator always looking over your shoulder, and always threatening "corrective" action (deleting your post, etc) kind of feels like a slap in the face.

I agree with you to a point. We don't like, nor want to be, "Big Brother" watching every little thing.

Our preference is to let the boards go on their own, but there will be times when we will have to step in. Even though we are not the "other" board, it still isn't permissible to attack another member, or violate our rules.

It's not a "slap in the face," it's our job to do what we can to make this a family community.

That's not so hard, is it?

Watchthemiddle
10-15-2007, 12:53 AM
I haven't posted in this thread yet, but let me throw in my :2cents: on how much is too much moderating for me.

I personally feel that if you are a moderator, you moderate and don't really get too involved in the actual discussions. I saw it on BM when a Mod would get involved in a heated debate and be just as guilty as the members and then start deleting posts or closing threads. That to me is not moderating.

I haven't really seen that here yet, but I have seen mods getting involved in debates and get heavily involved in them at that and too me that is not what they should be doing.

Mods should float around and keep things running smooth. Not showing up in a debate and flash their mod badge only to be part of the problem.

Like I said, I have not really seen that happening here YET. I want mods to be part of the discussions and debates, and if they are to act like a regular member and not someone who has it their way or the highway.

On a side note:I would also like to see someone that is not so much on the conservative side of the political fence or religion be a mod also. I myself am a Christian and Conservative and would like it if we had someone to kind of even out the "mod" team from the other side. I feel that might help with any future hostilities that might come about towards our current mods and favoritism. Just something to think about. Kind of a Fair and Balanced board. :D

Cleveland Rocks
10-15-2007, 01:05 AM
On a side note:I would also like to see someone that is not so much on the conservative side of the political fence or religion be a mod also. I myself am a Christian and Conservative and would like it if we had someone to kind of even out the "mod" team from the other side. I feel that might help with any future hostilities that might come about towards our current mods and favoritism. Just something to think about. Kind of a Fair and Balanced board. :D

But then it would get out of hand. To make a Fair and Balanced board you would have far too many moderators because of that whole ideal. The only way a moderator should be chosen is if they are indifferent to a certain topic. If they have strong feelings one way or the other it would be easy for them to delete posts that they simply just disagree with.

Watchthemiddle
10-15-2007, 01:12 AM
But then it would get out of hand. To make a Fair and Balanced board you would have far too many moderators because of that whole ideal. The only way a moderator should be chosen is if they are indifferent to a certain topic. If they have strong feelings one way or the other it would be easy for them to delete posts that they simply just disagree with.

No it wouldn't. I feel that a board this size 4-5 mods is PLENTY. If the political beliefs and religious beliefs are split down the middle, it would make for more balance in those topics.

Those topics are where the heat really is. And the mods get involved in that heat just as bad as the regular poster. That is when it would be nice if a mod on the other end of the spectrum moderated and calmed the mod down and the member. Fair and balanced.

Jody
10-15-2007, 05:41 AM
No it wouldn't. I feel that a board this size 4-5 mods is PLENTY. If the political beliefs and religious beliefs are split down the middle, it would make for more balance in those topics.

Those topics are where the heat really is. And the mods get involved in that heat just as bad as the regular poster. That is when it would be nice if a mod on the other end of the spectrum moderated and calmed the mod down and the member. Fair and balanced.

That is a good idea. :nod: For these mods donate their time and want to be a part of the board just like any of us do, and should be able to. Having another mod, mod the mod, would allow for that. So everyone's happy. :D

topscribe
10-15-2007, 09:24 AM

Ain't gonna happen, or shouldn't. I haven't seen where a Mod has deleted a
post simply because he/she disagrees with it, nor do I anticipate it. But if you
ever do see it happening, lodge a complaint, and it WILL be addressed. Mods
are not above correction.

-----

topscribe
10-15-2007, 09:39 AM

We already watch each other and have already corrected each other behind
the scenes. We have even deleted each other's posts here and there.

One thing we have discovered as we learn our jobs is that we cannot post as
we did as "regular" posters. We have a problem of image and perception, which
go hand-in-hand. There has been a time or two when we, as Mods, have
made an inappropriate post. There have been other times when a post has
been perceived as inappropriate by posters when that was not the intent of
the Mod who posted it.

This circumstance must be avoided in either case. Posters do not want to
be corrected by someone they perceive as a hothead who cannot control
his own posting. It is for this reason that I personally have cut down my
posting in P&R almost to nothing. I don't want even to be perceived as
posting inappropriately, so posters on either side of the political spectrum
can have confidence I am going to be fair with them and they can trust me.

But, as I said, we do watch each other. I received pretty stern PM a while
ago, before I stopped posting, as I mentioned, and I have sent out one or
two since. So that situation already has been addressed.

Moreover, a poster has the same option of hitting the report button on a
Mod's post as he/she does on anybody else. We want the members to be
assured that Mods are not above correction on this board.

BTW, I might add that, if a poster is not satisfied with the way the Mods
have not handled a situation, they can appeal to the Advisory Board here,
which has been formed to represent YOU, the member. The Mods are not
voting members of that Board. This is something you will not find on any
other message board, to my knowledge.

NOTE: One more thing. Just because I have chosen to limit my posting in
P&R, that is my personal decision. It is not a call for other Mods to do it,
nor should they necessarily be expected to do so.

-----

Denver Native (Carol)
10-15-2007, 10:36 AM
I haven't posted in this thread yet, but let me throw in my :2cents: on how much is too much moderating for me.

I personally feel that if you are a moderator, you moderate and don't really get too involved in the actual discussions. I saw it on BM when a Mod would get involved in a heated debate and be just as guilty as the members and then start deleting posts or closing threads. That to me is not moderating.

I haven't really seen that here yet, but I have seen mods getting involved in debates and get heavily involved in them at that and too me that is not what they should be doing.

Mods should float around and keep things running smooth. Not showing up in a debate and flash their mod badge only to be part of the problem.

Like I said, I have not really seen that happening here YET. I want mods to be part of the discussions and debates, and if they are to act like a regular member and not someone who has it their way or the highway.

The idea for this board came one day when tnedator and I were sending pms back and forth on BM, as to the changes on BM, and we both felt that, regardless of the majority of members not liking some or all of the changes on BM, especially the background color, the changes were going to stay. Therefore, tned created Broncos Forums, with his time and money. Please keep in mind that tnedator, the current mods and board members, at one time, were all members/posters on BM. It was never the intent on this board that tnedator/mods/board members should only stay behind the scene, and never participate.

But I can assure you, if, as posters, tnedator or any mod or board member posts "outside the box" in regards to the Guidelines, steps will be taken - the same steps that will/are taken for any poster.

topscribe
10-15-2007, 10:51 AM

One thing we are NOT going to do on this message board is to run a "litmus
test" to see what an individual's political and religious inclinations are before
we consider them as Mods. The criteria will be the proper factors to indicate
simply how well that Mod will do his/her job.

It is well known that I am "conservative" and "Christian," yet those on the
"other side" generally appeal to me regarding problems developing in a
discussion. I don't give a rat's behind how good a friend I am with a poster,
what their political leanings are, or what their religion is . . . or if they are
atheist . . . when it comes to deciding who is wrong and who is not.

In fact, they only complaints regarding this issue that I have seen have
come from the "conservative" and "Christian" side. I have seen precious
little from the "other side." There wouldn't be a little paranoia here, would
there?

Let me put it this way: When the time comes where it becomes a great big
issue as to what politics and religion a Mod should belong to, we will simply
shut down P&R, and that will be that. We're not going to put up with that
issue. This is a football message board. Even having P&R is a privilege. Let
us not forget that.

:coffee:

-----

Watchthemiddle
10-15-2007, 05:52 PM
I am not calling for a litmus test...and like I said in my original post...to have diverse mods only protects all of them down the road from being accused of favoritism amongst posters that might not have the same beliefs.

topscribe
10-15-2007, 06:34 PM
And as I said, if it ever comes down to that, we will eliminate the problem
simply by eliminating the forum. But we are not going after the people who
believe one way or another; we are going after people who can Mod. Period.

-----

Watchthemiddle
10-15-2007, 09:16 PM
Sorry, I was just making a suggestion.

Don't need to be made out to be some kind of bad guy for the suggestion.

Thats all it was. Period.

topscribe
10-15-2007, 10:17 PM
Sorry, I was just making a suggestion.

Don't need to be made out to be some kind of bad guy for the suggestion.

Thats all it was. Period.

Your suggestions are ALWAYS appreciated, WTM. Thank you for them.

I was only stressing a point, not taking offense.

Sorry if I gave you a different impression.

-----

Uncle Buck
10-16-2007, 12:31 AM
Let me put it this way: When the time comes where it becomes a great big
issue as to what politics and religion a Mod should belong to, we will simply
shut down P&R, and that will be that. We're not going to put up with that
issue. This is a football message board. Even having P&R is a privilege. Let
us not forget that.

:coffee:

-----

There is a stanza from the ancient rock group, The Who, that reads, "Meet the new boss...same as the old boss."

This pretty much sums up how society--at any level--works.

And, of course, this--albeit just a "message board"--is indeed a "society."

All societies develop hierarchies. That's just the human way.

For myself, I do not mind abiding to the rules of any particular society that I subscribe to. Should P&R go, I don't have a problem with that. Intelligent members still have the opportunity to argue between themselves in "PM" form, after all! (Although, I have never done that, and am not likely to start)

All in all, I think that the ideal society is built on common sense.

Don't make silly "infraction" things, as another forum did. Just be straight-up.

Say what you think--state your philosophies in doing what you do--out in the open. And, thus far, this developing message board is doing that. I don't see why a reasonable member would have a problem with rules/guidelines that are stated, up-front.

In summary, this forum is growing, while experiencing some "growing pains."

My hope is that all will be done with wisdom--learning from the mistakes of the past, while being innovative into the future!

Go Broncos Forums!

--uncle buck

Tned
10-16-2007, 07:23 AM
As Top indicated, we (Advisory Board) don't and won't have a litmus test for adding mods. We won't add a mod just because s/he isn't a conservative, just to balance things out, because that shouldn't matter when it comes to modding. The mod, regardless of political or religious beliefs is expected to moderate other users posts according to the forum rules and take action on posts that are reported, regardless of who made the posts.

I am not one of the forum mods, but I do know that the mods have even modded each other.

We are still young, just over 6 weeks old. Most of the current mods/board members were the people that helped create BroncosForums, and it makes sense for those people, with that vested interest, to be the initial mods/board members.

As Top has indicated (and I will announce officially in the next couple days), we have recently changed how the board makes decisions, so that moderators have no vote in board decisions, and we have added some new board members that don't fall into that highly conservative/religious group. We didn't add them just because we needed blance, because that wouldn't be smart for the board. First and foremost, we have to look for people that we believe will do a good job of either modding or participating on the board to make forum decisions. Over time, as we add more mods and board members, I have no doubt that the compensation of both groups will balance out in terms of political views, but we will not use that as the sole reason for adding new mods.

The board is very aware of the concern that some members have that this (current mods being conservative) 'could' be a problem, and have discussed it extensively. However, to date I have not been given a single example where this has been any more than a hypothetical. An example where a mod has used his mod authority to win/alter a debate taking place by only deleting liberal posts.

You are completely free to report a post that a mod has made, and I am confident that it will be dealt with in exactly the same manner as a reported post that a non-mod created. However, if you do so and you feel the action was not appropriate, or if you are afraid to report a post that a mod has made for some reason, then you can PM one of the advisory board members and we can submit it to the moderators anonymously and follow up with the mods on that post.

The advisory board consists of (TXBronc, KCLady, Kapaibro, Dogfish and Tnedator). You can PM any of us if you feel you are not getting fair treatment from a mod. I cannot guarantee that we will agree with you, but I CAN guarantee that we will look at it objectively and take action if appropriate.

Never hesitate to create a thread in the Town Hall to discuss any issues/suggestions that you think will make the message board a better place. The whole concept behind BroncosForums.com is that it be community driven. If we don't here from you, we (the advisory board) can't do as good a job representing your wishes as we would like.

T

Poet
10-17-2007, 05:18 AM
You are completely free to report a post that a mod has made, and I am confident that it will be dealt with in exactly the same manner as a reported post that a non-mod created. However, if you do so and you feel the action was not appropriate, or if you are afraid to report a post that a mod has made for some reason, then you can PM one of the advisory board members and we can submit it to the moderators anonymously and follow up with the mods on that post.

T

I can vouch for that. I reported a moderator who I felt made a post that was against the rules and he was treated the same way I was when I made a post that got reported.

sneakers
11-11-2007, 04:01 AM
Too much Moderator presence would be if you typed something in P&R that a moderator didn't like because it appeared as if I was showing them up (or didn't like for whatever reason) and have them delete it without an explenation.

SR
11-11-2007, 04:36 AM
Too much Moderator presence would be if you typed something in P&R that a moderator didn't like because it appeared as if I was showing them up (or didn't like for whatever reason) and have them delete it without an explenation.

Kind of like Asian Orange and Archemidies Owl (sp?) over at BM like to do.

sneakers
11-11-2007, 04:50 AM

Nevermind we got the issue all cleared up....I never had the chance to have any of my post over there deleted (I think :confused:)

Jody
11-11-2007, 12:51 PM
As Top indicated, we (Advisory Board) don't and won't have a litmus test for adding mods. We won't add a mod just because s/he isn't a conservative, just to balance things out, because that shouldn't matter when it comes to modding. The mod, regardless of political or religious beliefs is expected to moderate other users posts according to the forum rules and take action on posts that are reported, regardless of who made the posts.

I am not one of the forum mods, but I do know that the mods have even modded each other.

We are still young, just over 6 weeks old. Most of the current mods/board members were the people that helped create BroncosForums, and it makes sense for those people, with that vested interest, to be the initial mods/board members.

As Top has indicated (and I will announce officially in the next couple days), we have recently changed how the board makes decisions, so that moderators have no vote in board decisions, and we have added some new board members that don't fall into that highly conservative/religious group. We didn't add them just because we needed blance, because that wouldn't be smart for the board. First and foremost, we have to look for people that we believe will do a good job of either modding or participating on the board to make forum decisions. Over time, as we add more mods and board members, I have no doubt that the compensation of both groups will balance out in terms of political views, but we will not use that as the sole reason for adding new mods.

The board is very aware of the concern that some members have that this (current mods being conservative) 'could' be a problem, and have discussed it extensively. However, to date I have not been given a single example where this has been any more than a hypothetical. An example where a mod has used his mod authority to win/alter a debate taking place by only deleting liberal posts.

The advisory board consists of (TXBronc, KCLady, Kapaibro, Dogfish and Tnedator). You can PM any of us if you feel you are not getting fair treatment from a mod. I cannot guarantee that we will agree with you, but I CAN guarantee that we will look at it objectively and take action if appropriate.

Never hesitate to create a thread in the Town Hall to discuss any issues/suggestions that you think will make the message board a better place. The whole concept behind BroncosForums.com is that it be community driven. If we don't here from you, we (the advisory board) can't do as good a job representing your wishes as we would like.

T

Tned....I ' LIKE ' this advisory board you've put together now. It's varied, and that should be a real 'plus' to the board! I know you can't make your decisions on someone's politics, but 'balance' is good, always. They will not always agree with each other, I know them all enough to know that, and that makes me feel more confident about the direction the board will be taking. Great job on choices!

rcsodak
11-11-2007, 02:50 PM

Owl likes to give me IP's.

Typical lib.

Instead of debating something, he just hands out his yellow card.

Punk in my book.

SACK! FUMBLE! TD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LordTrychon
11-11-2007, 05:44 PM

Typical lib.

Punk in my book.

Anyone who feels they've been treated poorly on Broncomania has the right to go to another mod or to Steve. :rolleyes:

Watchthemiddle
11-11-2007, 05:48 PM
Anyone who feels they've been treated poorly on Broncomania has the right to go to another mod or to Steve. :rolleyes:

Mania has mods??? :confused::confused:

LordTrychon
11-11-2007, 05:53 PM
Mania has mods??? :confused::confused:

Nope...

It's more of a Gestapo. Ask around. ;)

(Edit: I'm sure we'll get that response here in a minute, too)

Lonestar
11-11-2007, 05:53 PM

Typical lib.

Punk in my book.

I left in August and have only been back once to see a post that someone linked here I did not realize it was a link to there or I would not have been back.

The entire group over there IMO have issues. from harbula on down since the color change and his mamby pamby comments about how hard it was to change colors and after we made like 8 changes in one evening to adjust these colors t what they are I decided that they no longer deserved my presence because of the lies he made.

What they forget is we are the reason for the forum it is not just another merchandising part of the franchise. They will continue to lose folks because they do not care about their base.

Their loss and my gain.. Tned has done a great job in setting this site up and making everyone feel at home.

Lonestar
11-11-2007, 06:01 PM

I did and was told they did not care about my thoughts. Some of us got ips for the silliest reasons I suspect mostly becuase of my conservative posts. Was told to sit down and be quiet not to make waves, I've got the emails some where to prove it..

We posted hundreds of times about the colors and instead of just saying it was going to remain the way it was we kept getting we are trying to figure out for sure what everyone one wanted.

Then the lies about hard much trouble it was to make the changes. ALL BS Tned made at least 8 changes in colors in a 3 hour time frame as we were getting started.

I'm sure stevie was glad to see many of us leave. You were about the only mod over there that was worth a damn.

LordTrychon
11-11-2007, 06:07 PM
I was going to argue the point, but I deleted it. I didn't come here to start a fight.

I'm sure stevie was glad to see many of us leave. You were about the only mod over there that was worth a damn.

I didn't expect that. Thank you.

Denver Native (Carol)
11-11-2007, 08:56 PM
LT - You were, and still are, a great Mod, and you are :welcome: here any time.:elefant:

LordTrychon
11-11-2007, 09:01 PM
LT - You were, and still are, a great Mod, and you are :welcome: here any time.:elefant:

Thank you, Carol. The kind words are always appreciated.

My main interest in this board is the discussion and decisions that are made as to how this board is ran. Color me curious... I find it extremely intriguing.

Great win today. Hopefully it makes your job as easy as I'm hoping it's going to continue to make mine. :salute:

Denver Native (Carol)
11-11-2007, 09:09 PM
Thank you, Carol. The kind words are always appreciated.

My main interest in this board is the discussion and decisions that are made as to how this board is ran. Color me curious... I find it extremely intriguing.

Great win today. Hopefully it makes your job as easy as I'm hoping it's going to continue to make mine. :salute:

Oh yeah - wins are ALWAYS great :elefant:

And, you are a member here - do you have any suggestions for the board, as a member?

LordTrychon
11-11-2007, 09:13 PM
Oh yeah - wins are ALWAYS great :elefant:

And, you are a member here - do you have any suggestions for the board, as a member?
I've made a suggestion before... I can't think of any new ones at the moment.

Perhaps later. I'm enjoying the win too much now.

Have a nice night. :salute:

Denver Native (Carol)
11-11-2007, 09:20 PM
I've made a suggestion before... I can't think of any new ones at the moment.

Perhaps later. I'm enjoying the win too much now.

Have a nice night. :salute:

It has been a while since we could say WIN :salute:

You have a nice night also, and come and visit us more.

Watchthemiddle
11-11-2007, 09:44 PM

Agreed by me and I would venture to guess many others on here as well.

:beer:

LordTrychon
11-11-2007, 10:16 PM
Agreed by me and I would venture to guess many others on here as well.

:beer:

My thanks to you as well. :beer: <-----Thought you might like that. :salute:

Tned
11-12-2007, 01:20 AM

I agree on both counts.

Lonestar
11-12-2007, 01:29 AM
I was going to argue the point, but I deleted it. I didn't come here to start a fight.

I didn't expect that. Thank you.

Nothing to fight about most if not all the mods over there seemingly went nutzod when the IP thingy became available.

Had it been explained properly prior to being used perhaps it would have went over better. But is was almost two weeks after folks started getting them when stevie came on line and broke the news to us all.

He backed his mods as he had to, but it was way to little to late..

As I said, your the only one that seemed not go overboard with the new found power..

Your welcome here any time as you have been a great poster IMO and as far as I could see an extremely even handed Moderator.

TXBRONC
11-12-2007, 12:19 PM
Nothing to fight about most if not all the mods over there seemingly went nutzod when the IP thingy became available.

Had it been explained properly prior to being used perhaps it would have went over better. But is was almost two weeks after folks started getting them when stevie came on line and broke the news to us all.

As I said, your the only one that seemed not go overboard with the new found power..

Your welcome here any time as you have been a great poster IMO and as far as I could see an extremely even handed Moderator.

Jr I think you are mistaken and in my opinion it is overly harsh,uncalled for and unfair to call the mods on Broncomania nutzod. I can only think of one that seemed to go overboard.

Also we were notified ahead time about the IP thing not two weeks after the fact.

There is only one moderator over there that I think could be considered abusive.

topscribe
11-12-2007, 12:40 PM
LT, you are my hero! :2thumbs:

But then, you already knew that. :D

-----

KCL
11-12-2007, 01:44 PM

-----

I feel the same way LT....:kiss: for you!

topscribe
11-12-2007, 02:22 PM
I feel the same way LT....:kiss: for you!

I can do without the kiss. :eviltongue:

. . . well, in his case, not yours . . . :D

-----

KCL
11-12-2007, 02:23 PM
I can do without the kiss. :eviltongue:

. . . well, in his case, not yours . . . :D

-----

that kiss is for LT....oh did you want one too?:confused:

LordTrychon
11-12-2007, 02:56 PM

I agree that it was introduced badly. I've agreed that before. Nothing more I can do about that now but apologize again. I'm not the only one who thought it was handled badly... Steve agrees, as does many if not all of the other mods. One of them in our email conversations used the phrase 'Screwed the pooch'.

Again, I thank you for the compliments though.

Jr I think you are mistaken and in my opinion it is overly harsh,uncalled for and unfair to call the mods on Broncomania nutzod. I can only think of one that seemed to go overboard.

Also we were notified ahead time about the IP thing not two weeks after the fact.

There is only one moderator over there that I think could be considered abusive.

He is actually correct that a few IPs were given out prior to the formal introduction. Like I said before, since this is his only major beef with the system, I don't disagree with his complaint. It happened, and it's over and done.

-----

:laugh: Nice to see you too, Tops!

LordTrychon
11-12-2007, 02:58 PM
that kiss is for LT....oh did you want one too?:confused:

What if I don't wanna share?

KCL
11-12-2007, 03:01 PM
What if I don't wanna share?

You don't have to LT....that one was strictly all yours..:kiss:

Lonestar
11-13-2007, 12:00 AM

TX I received one of the first IP's and it was two weeks or so before stevie got around to telling us the rules had changed.

Perhaps you were not there but I was. It happened to me and and a couple of others.

Tned
11-13-2007, 12:28 PM

I agree, I think nutzod is harsh.

I only know of one mod that I heard that was extremely aggressive in giving IPs. And, in most cases, the IPs given were probably fine, it was more the transition. Yesterday a poster could do something with not even as much as a PM warning, and then the next day they do the same exact thing and get an IP. That upset many people.

However, BM has a lot of traffic and a lot of posters that like to cause trouble, so it must be a very tough place to mod. I think our mods here (where we have much less traffic, and as a general rule, posters that don't require much modding) probably have a lot of appreciation for the work the mods on BM do.

topscribe
11-13-2007, 12:40 PM
I think our mods here (where we have much less traffic, and as a general rule, posters that don't require much modding) probably have a lot of appreciation for the work the mods on BM do.

Speaking for myself, I have to agree. In fact, it was suggested more than
once over there that I should mod, but I flat refused. I wanted nothing to do
with modding on that board . . . nothing against the board itself, it's just the
sheer numbers and some of the individuals they have to contend with over
there. :ahhhhh:

Here's to the Mods over there! :beer:
-----

Jody
11-13-2007, 04:59 PM

TX, my friend, I'd have to completely disagree with you here. The admin/mods over on BM did NOT notify everyone of the IP system, prior to utilizing it.

I'll give you one example - and maybe you don't know him or maybe you were just very unaware, but Buckland on BM (Uncle Buck here) was the second one they took aim at, and it shocked a lot of members on that board. I believe KCLady received an IP (warning) as well. Also, both members I speak of here, are exceptional and gracious members with good reputations for their tactfulness in posting.

TX, I cannot speak for anyone else on this board, but what made me want to leave BM was the way they handled Buckland. It was underhanded, not straight-forward, and immature. They didn't even announce to the board yet they were utilizing this new system, only that changes were on the way.

So - I have NO RESPECT for the BM board. None. That's why I'm here on Tned's, with hope that all rules, regs, policies, and modding will be handled as closely to fair as possible, respecting that people on this board are the board, not burdens to the board.

I'm still angry with BM, and I don't see myself feeling any different with time. I saw them as 'way out of line' in their approach. Everyone can say anything they want to 'rescuing' them, but it was what it was...dirty pool.

And one can only wonder, as I did, even though I had 'no' warnings and 'no bannings'....would I, too, be on their target list? I was already tired of their condescending posting back to posters. Of course, there were posters without any class whatsoever in their approach, but I was tired of seeing so-called 'adults' take a defensive position and fire back at 'everyone', even those who had a more gentle, inquisitive approach...trying to be 'witty' and 'clever' at their member's expense, which has no market-reasoning involved whatsoever! I'm glad to be rid of them.

KCL
11-13-2007, 07:27 PM
I don't recall any prior notice of the IP system and yes Jody is

correct...I got a IP also.

on a side note-Jody I am glad you have finally come to admit
that YOU ARE STUBBORN...:laugh:

Jody
11-13-2007, 07:32 PM
I don't recall any prior notice of the IP system and yes Jody is

correct...I got a IP also.

on a side note-Jody I am glad you have finally come to admit
that YOU ARE STUBBORN...:laugh:

Finally....and I like it! :D And you deserve another IP!

KCL
11-13-2007, 07:35 PM
Finally....and I like it! :D And you deserve another IP!

You like that you can admit it or you just like being stubborn

or both?:laugh:

Another IP? For what?:confused:

Man you are stubborn....:tsk:

Requiem / The Dagda
11-14-2007, 03:34 AM
Anyone who ever got an IP over at Broncomania probably deserved it.

Az Snake
11-15-2007, 08:21 AM
Anyone who ever got an IP over at Broncomania probably deserved it.

Yes Dream, we don't have to go far to see what you think of us:

Look at it this way, all of the posters who were consistently causing problems are now on another forum, led by those same posters. Most of the problems are gone. That's a good thing. It was better for this forum in the long run.

Members will replace themselves. For every "good" poster (subjective, because in all honesty, very few posters actually earned their points through intelligent discussion, mostly due to cliques forming [just take a look at the "new" forum]) I think there are some bright up and comers on these forums.

There are still a lot of good old timers too.

All the changes made on this board were necessary and good.

Steve and the staff here do a tremendous job. We're all lucky to have them representing us.

http://forums.denverbroncos.com/showpost.php?p=2004121&postcount=24

SR
11-15-2007, 08:36 AM
Yes Dream, we don't have to go far to see what you think of us

:tsk::laugh::salute:

Mike
11-15-2007, 08:52 AM
Yes Dream, we don't have to go far to see what you think of us.

:laugh::rofl:

:smack:

KCL
11-15-2007, 11:13 AM

Good Catch AZ..:laugh:

Lonestar
11-15-2007, 12:12 PM

Good find seems we have someone that speaks with forked tongue.. Good to know who one can trust and whom one can't..

BTW Great analysis of the issue..

HI-5 to you......

Watchthemiddle
11-15-2007, 12:28 PM

:rofl:

:doh::doh:

:hurt:

Davii
11-15-2007, 02:58 PM

HOLY BRA BATMAN! IT'S A BOOBY TRAP! :laugh: :laugh:

Good find AZ!

Broncos Mtnman
11-15-2007, 03:14 PM

Game - Set - Match!!

OB
11-15-2007, 04:08 PM
I saw that post yesterday and was going to comment on it over here but decided to be a good girl and just keep my mouth shut - I found that post at BM to be very unkind and untrue and if he feels that way why the hell does he come here :mad:

Lonestar
11-15-2007, 04:24 PM
I saw that post yesterday and was going to comment on it over here but decided to be a good girl and just keep my mouth shut - I found that post at BM to be very unkind and untrue and if he feels that way why the hell does he come here :mad:

Guess that is the biggest question we can wonder about.

Since I never go to BM anymore, thank you all for bringing this post up. Especially since it is real recent.

Jody
11-15-2007, 05:22 PM
Dream who.

Lonestar
11-15-2007, 05:27 PM
Dream who.

One can only hope.

Nomad
11-15-2007, 05:40 PM

That's too bad! I enjoy the people here and I enjoy alot at BM! And people want respect with this kind of nonsense! Man up and tell people what you think of them instead of this!

LordTrychon
11-15-2007, 05:52 PM
Wow... you guys are so heartwarming with your kindness.

If Dream had pointed to particular members specifically as being problematic, I could maybe understand how attacking him personally would be justified... whether or not it's allowed by your rules and guidelines here, I'm not sure... I'd have to go back and re read them.

:salute:

topscribe
11-15-2007, 06:17 PM
I think we have all had enough of this "fun" now.

Let's all get back to how much moderator action is too much, okay?

:focus:

-----

Lonestar
11-15-2007, 06:17 PM
Here's some of the post:

Originally Posted by Dream
Look at it this way, all of the posters who were consistently causing problems are now on another forum, led by those same posters. Most of the problems are gone. That's a good thing. It was better for this forum in the long run.

guess that kind a sums it up..

if the shoe fits.

Medford Bronco
11-15-2007, 06:48 PM
Dream who.

Its more like Dream On.

Maybe he was blinded by the 86565 ads and
the stupid white background that burns your eyes

topscribe
11-15-2007, 06:54 PM
Really, folks. It would be very ironic to close a thread such as this one.

But we need to get off of Dream now. Enough is enough.

-----

Medford Bronco
11-15-2007, 06:57 PM
Really, folks. It would be very ironic to close a thread such as this one.

But we need to get off of Dream now. Enough is enough.

-----

I hate to say it top but he is getting what he deserves

he basically is insulting everyone here (yourself included) and I have no pity
for that...........

If he had a problem, confront someone, not blindly put a Steve harbula is doing a great job bla bla bla crap..

Changes were needed. its more like Denver needed to capitalize on
making more money on ads and promoting their website and Broncos Country
that was what was needed....

topscribe
11-15-2007, 07:04 PM
That's fine. But enough is enough.

-----

Tned
11-15-2007, 07:18 PM
I think we have all had enough of this "fun" now.

Let's all get back to how much moderator action is too much, okay?

:focus:

-----

In this case, just enough moderator action. I agree with Top, time to move on. Let's give Dream the benefit of the doubt in terms of what he meant about new blood coming into BM as a natural course of things, and let's get refocused on taking semi-veiled shots at our mods ;)

topscribe
11-15-2007, 07:20 PM
In this case, just enough moderator action. I agree with Top, time to move on. Let's give Dream the benefit of the doubt in terms of what he meant about new blood coming into BM as a natural course of things, and let's get refocused on taking semi-veiled shots at our mods ;)

AAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!! Oh no!! :ahhhhh:

-----

Lonestar
11-15-2007, 07:32 PM

Even giving him a really big benefit of the doubt there is NO doubt is anyones mind what he meant here..

It is not just shots at mods here IMO..

"Originally Posted by Dream

Members will replace themselves. For every "good" poster (subjective, because in all honesty, very few posters actually earned their points through intelligent discussion, mostly due to cliques forming [just take a look at the "new" forum]) I think there are some bright up and comers on these forums.

There are still a lot of good old timers too.

All the changes made on this board were necessary and good.

Steve and the staff here do a tremendous job. We're all lucky to have them representing us.

http://forums.denverbroncos.com/show...1&postcount=24"

Is there any doubt what he means in your mind?

Had it been done months ago, perhaps but this was posted yesterday. Sorry but turning the cheek here is gonna be tough for most of the posters on this forum to do. Very little doubt in anyone mind.

topscribe
11-15-2007, 07:35 PM
I've got to close this. I don't know what else to do.

-----