PDA

View Full Version : Broncos in Afghanistan? Fans want Denver's games there on TV

Denver Native (Carol)
11-09-2011, 11:40 AM
Today's question about the Broncos comes from Sgt. Scott Graham, who is currently deployed in Kuwait.

Q: Jeff, Broncos fans here need help! American Forces Network has this vote on Facebook each week and the game that wins gets broadcast here. Well, somehow the Bills keep winning EVERY week! The Broncos were even the national headliner last week and they didn't show it! Could you possibly use your great local influence to get the word out?

A: Sgt. Graham, as we approach Veteran's Day, consider this a humble attempt to get the word out.

Within the article, there are different places where you can click, to vote for the Broncos game to be the one that is broadcast.

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_19290664

BroncoNut
11-09-2011, 11:43 AM
if they are of European, Native American, African American, Asian American, Mideastern American, Mexican American, or any such other descent, that would be fine by me. I don't feel comfortable with the natives watching the team

SoCalImport
11-09-2011, 11:55 AM
if they are of European, Native American, African American, Asian American, Mideastern American, Mexican American, or any such other descent, that would be fine by me. I don't feel comfortable with the natives watching the team

I'm a little confused. Are you saying that the idea of those people native to the middle east region watching the Broncos play makes you uncomfortable? Maybe my sarcasm detector is malfunctioning.

BroncoNut
11-09-2011, 12:31 PM
I'm a little confused. Are you saying that the idea of those people native to the middle east region watching the Broncos play makes you uncomfortable? Maybe my sarcasm detector is malfunctioning.

yeah pretty much sarcastic. But I wouldn't imagine the fanbase to be that big among that population. I imagine you may have more readily available information on this being that I detect a passion from you about the subject.

dogfish
11-09-2011, 01:04 PM
i'll just have a word with davii, and see if we can get this taken care of. . .

:salute:

BroncoNut
11-09-2011, 01:05 PM

Davii would be like Sly Stallone in Rambo 3 on this mission

Denver Native (Carol)
11-09-2011, 01:21 PM

Great idea - also check with Seeing Red.

Denver Native (Carol)
11-09-2011, 02:27 PM
This is good - it is now posted on the Broncos website

http://blog.denverbroncos.com/denverbroncos/honoring-military-service-members/

SR
11-09-2011, 06:12 PM
Great idea - also check with Seeing Red.

I have no opinion. Last time I was deployed I watched a good majority of the Broncos games on AFN. Granted, I had to wake up in the middle of my sleep to watch them, but I got to watch at least every other game.

Denver Native (Carol)
11-09-2011, 06:23 PM
I have no opinion. Last time I was deployed I watched a good majority of the Broncos games on AFN. Granted, I had to wake up in the middle of my sleep to watch them, but I got to watch at least every other game.

Well - you and your buddies stateside can vote on AFN for the Broncos' game so the guys overseas can see them.

Elevation inc
11-09-2011, 09:23 PM
well i have been in afghanistan since start of september and i havent gotten to see games for crap here since AFN isnt playing our games.....this article is dead on, hopefully it chnages i thought for sure i would get the oakland game since it was a main afternoon game.....but no luck....and I'm here through jan....so they gotta help me out...lol

Elevation inc
11-09-2011, 09:25 PM

its for us military guys on base not the locals

BeefStew25
11-09-2011, 09:39 PM
If Direct Tv had any effing PR skills, they would get the Sunday Ticket up and going in that future parking lot.

It would be cool if the Mujadaheen absolutely went bat shit over the Broncos though.

Elevation inc
11-09-2011, 09:45 PM
I have sunday ticket, the problem is the internet speeds here arent fast enough to support sunday ticket so all of us are screwed with basically having wasted sunday ticket passes......and direct tv cant due stuff overseas becasue of all the laws many countries have....

BeefStew25
11-09-2011, 09:59 PM
Bullshit. Get the troops their games!

BeefStew25
11-09-2011, 10:00 PM
I have sunday ticket, the problem is the internet speeds here arent fast enough to support sunday ticket so all of us are screwed with basically having wasted sunday ticket passes......and direct tv cant due stuff overseas becasue of all the laws many countries have....

I have a question. What do you do for a living?

Elevation inc
11-09-2011, 10:01 PM
Im a aircraft mechanic, previously with the Airforce, then the FAA and now with DC air national guard

BeefStew25
11-09-2011, 10:01 PM
Im a aircraft mechanic, previously with the Airforce, then the FAA and now with DC air national guard

Oh wow. Can you tell me what you work on?

Elevation inc
11-09-2011, 10:06 PM
I worked on F117's stealth fighters before they were retired, i worked on block 30, block 40 and block 50 F-16's in Europe(Mainly Italy), and i worked on small beechcraft for the FAA. I now work on Block 30 f-16's for the guard full time

BeefStew25
11-09-2011, 10:07 PM
I worked on F117's stealth fighters before they were retired, i worked on block 30, block 40 and block 50 F-16's in Europe(Mainly Italy), and i worked on small beechcraft for the FAA. I now work on Block 30 f-16's for the guard full time

So you have graced New Mexico with your prescence.

I flew a block 10 in Vietnam. Pretty bad ass. Had to bail out over Ho Che Min.

Elevation inc
11-09-2011, 10:13 PM
So you have graced New Mexico with your prescence.

I flew a block 10 in Vietnam. Pretty bad ass. Had to bail out over Ho Che Min.

yeah alamogordo is the reason i left active duty, they wanted me to stay for 5 years to work the f-22 after the retirement of the 117's, my wife and i said hell no....block ten huh wow.....my hats off to you and your service

BeefStew25
11-09-2011, 11:48 PM
yeah alamogordo is the reason i left active duty, they wanted me to stay for 5 years to work the f-22 after the retirement of the 117's, my wife and i said hell no....block ten huh wow.....my hats off to you and your service

JK. The F-16 didn't exist back then.

I once touched a B-52. The F-22 is badass, but looks like it is having some teething problems. We used to beat Alamogordo's ass in hoops.

Superchop 7
11-10-2011, 12:55 AM
Wildblue has some new technology.

Shoot them an email.

John Bad Elk
11-10-2011, 04:08 AM
My Afghan NFL Prayer:

Here I sit in Kabul
Hoping to turn on AFN
To see the Bronco's rule
And watch Tebow, amen.

BTW, all of the Afghan ANA I talk to love the Bronco's and say Denver is their favorite NFL Team.

John Bad Elk
RC-C/RC-N
"We go the extra mile"

Davii
11-10-2011, 04:56 AM
I hope everyone has gone to vote. Out sucked not seeing must of the games on my deployment. I lucked out though, Tned was mailing them to me on DVD. The worst part was the very few times I have been able to watch on deployment I had an early convoy the next day. Up watching a game at 02 makes for some long convoys...

SR
11-10-2011, 06:08 AM

Hey! I'm an aircraft mechanic too!

SR
11-10-2011, 06:12 AM

Recently they force retrained fighter crew chiefs to heavies. It's always been a separate AFSC, but now in the heavy world we're starting to receive a massive exodus of fighter crew chiefs and they're starting out as 3-levels...so we've got tons of SSgt and TSgt three speeds that are as close to worthless on the line as it gets. Good people overall, but the fighter world is such a different mentality than what I'm used to.

BroncoNut
11-10-2011, 09:43 AM

Yes, we know SR. Keep up the good work.

Elevation, that is awesome that you work on aircraft. Just wow!! What an awesome responsibility! Like Beef, I'd also like to learn more about your work, the types of planes you've worked on, your experiences, etc.

SR
11-10-2011, 09:58 AM

Elevation, that is awesome that you work on aircraft. Just wow!! What an awesome responsibility! Like Beef, I'd also like to learn more about your work, the types of planes you've worked on, your experiences, etc.

I just unfriended you on Facebook

BroncoStud
11-10-2011, 12:12 PM

That's pretty badass dude.

dogfish
11-10-2011, 12:17 PM
well i have been in afghanistan since start of september and i havent gotten to see games for crap here since AFN isnt playing our games.....this article is dead on, hopefully it chnages i thought for sure i would get the oakland game since it was a main afternoon game.....but no luck....and I'm here through jan....so they gotta help me out...lol

stay safe over there, homeboy. . .

SR
11-10-2011, 05:29 PM
Where in Afcrapistan are you?

Elevation inc
11-10-2011, 05:52 PM
Recently they force retrained fighter crew chiefs to heavies. It's always been a separate AFSC, but now in the heavy world we're starting to receive a massive exodus of fighter crew chiefs and they're starting out as 3-levels...so we've got tons of SSgt and TSgt three speeds that are as close to worthless on the line as it gets. Good people overall, but the fighter world is such a different mentality than what I'm used to.

yes it is, and trust me alot of the fighter guys are pissed about the force cross train.....not cause heavies suck but because of having to start new airframe....it sucked working the 117 coming from just the 16 so i know the transition is tough for alot of fighter mechanics....

Elevation inc
11-10-2011, 05:56 PM

the big B...bagram.....just got back from kandahar for some diverted jets....if you guys check CNN.com out our jets...("Nato jets") just blew the crap out of like 70 insurgents attacking army guys about 1 1/2 days ago...badass stuff for sure....only reason i can say now, is becasue its on cnn lol...

SR
11-10-2011, 05:58 PM
Well not only that but some of these guys, like one I work with, started out on 15s then went to Edwards and worked 22s, 35s, Predators, and Reapers. Now he's stuck in not only a new jet at a new base but he's also stuck having to redo his five and seven CDCs all the while testing PFE only. It's a shitty deal for them but it sucks for us too because we are getting all of these staffs and techs that might as well be brand new airmen with zero experience because they can't tow sup, jack sup, run engines, or catch an X. It's a retarded situation.

SR
11-10-2011, 05:59 PM

the big B...bagram.....just got back from kandahar for some diverted jets....if you guys check CNN.com out our jets...("Nato jets") just blew the crap out of like 70 insurgents attacking army guys about 1 1/2 days ago...badass stuff for sure....only reason i can say now, is becasue its on cnn lol...

Been through there a time or three. Not a bad place to be.

BroncoNut
11-10-2011, 06:19 PM
I just unfriended you on Facebook

I just got a friend request from Elevation, so that's cool. Don't worry about it.

Elevation inc
11-10-2011, 06:48 PM
Been through there a time or three. Not a bad place to be.

well fighter town is a s.....hole now, and in 2001 when i was here it was horrible, the army side is not bad though....kandahar is worse though....feel bad for those guys down there.....kinda quiet up here since its winter....anyways just another place in the long list.....the worst place i ever have been though was tikirit IRAQ wow that place was horrible....balad was crappy to in 2005 cause we got attacked 467 times in a 5 month period, but the wars and places chnage so much now, now the big threat is the hakani terror network based out of pakistan(our allies go figure)...lol

SR
11-10-2011, 08:27 PM
well fighter town is a s.....hole now, and in 2001 when i was here it was horrible, the army side is not bad though....kandahar is worse though....feel bad for those guys down there.....kinda quiet up here since its winter....anyways just another place in the long list.....the worst place i ever have been though was tikirit IRAQ wow that place was horrible....balad was crappy to in 2005 cause we got attacked 467 times in a 5 month period, but the wars and places chnage so much now, now the big threat is the hakani terror network based out of pakistan(our allies go figure)...lol

My first Afghanistan experience was 2005 in Kandahar. It was a pretty happening place then. Supposedly now it's calmed down quite a bit. Worst place I've been to is this little dirt strip in Afghainstan that is near a fire base that starts with the letter K. We blew a tire on landing (C-130) and had to do a tire change with the Rangers that were at the fire base helping to expedite our stuff. They were helping us because they had intel that the insurgents around there were planning an attack on their base. Sketchy. But those days are long behind me now. I'm a bomber crew chief so all I have to worry about is a couple more cushy deployments to the Deid. ;)

SR
11-10-2011, 08:28 PM
I just got a friend request from Elevation, so that's cool. Don't worry about it.

I regret ever talking to you.

BroncoJoe
11-10-2011, 08:57 PM
I'll bet you all get next weeks game!

Mobile Post via http://Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

BroncoNut
11-11-2011, 07:41 AM
I regret ever talking to you.

I was really afraid this would result in us going down this road, but in hindsight, the day I met you here at the forum was the worst day of my life

SR
11-11-2011, 09:51 AM
I was really afraid this would result in us going down this road, but in hindsight, the day I met you here at the forum was the worst day of my life

You should have just ended it there. I'm sure you have knives in your house. I have a pistol you can borrow if you don't. I'll just report it stolen.

Elevation inc
11-12-2011, 06:13 AM

Im a full up fighter mechanic with a FAA airframe and powerplant license, I work f-16's now, but dabbled in beechcraft for the FAA and the f-117 stealth before it was retired. I like the f-16 and pretty much any system outside of avionics and fuels i work on. I started in 1999, went to tech school to learn the jet worked Block 25's and 30's. First real base was spangdahlem Germany, where i worked block 50's f-16 till 2002.

Then I went to aviano Italy, where i worked block 40 f-16's, left aviano in 2007 went to NM for 8 months to work the stealth, hated it and seperated the military. Then went to UAE for 1 year and worked block 60's with lockheed martin. didnt like it so i moved back to Italy with my wife and kid and worked beechcraft for the FAA north of venice. Contract ended since economy in ita;ly sucks and i was left unemployed in italy. Moved to DC in January 2011 and have been working as a full time technician and guardsman on block 30 f-16's.

deployed to turkey in 2001, deployed to afghanistan sept 12 2001, deployed to Saudi arabia start of 2002, deployed to AL udeid for the start of iraq war. Deployed to Al udeid end of 2003, deployed to Kuwait middle of 2004. deployed to Balad Iraq in 2005 and 2007. deployments avg about 4 months longest was the start of iraq war was in al udeid for about 6 months...Deployed to afghanistan now.....thats about it....lol

its been fun its good work, pay is good...got to travel the world, work my but off and support the Wars....trying to finish this 8 year guard enlistment, cause then i can retire and move back to italy, where are home is.....