PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone really care if the NBA doesn't have a season this year?

sneakers
11-08-2011, 03:20 AM
Or is it just me?

Davii
11-08-2011, 03:28 AM
Not even a little. The NBA is a poster child for greedy athletes. They got the world in their last CBA and it's not enough for them. Proof is the those who are looking to gain the most are the one's begging for decertification. Let them. Let the season go away, next one too. The stations have already changed the lineup, and probably for the better.

OrangeHoof
11-08-2011, 04:01 AM
The NBA is always dead to me until March Madness is over. They'll settle it before then and cobble together some sort of everyone-in-the-pool playoff format, meaning this year will wind up being no different than most NBA seasons.

Any year the Clippers or the Hawks are in the playoffs is simply a sign that they let too damned many teams make the playoffs which then makes the regular season irrelevant so why should I care about the regular season when even the players clearly don't?

SR
11-08-2011, 06:11 AM
Why wouldn't the NBA have a season this year? ;)

Dreadnought
11-08-2011, 06:33 AM
What is this "NBA" of which you speak? Are they not having a season? Whyever not?

Seriously, they are a joke. They are so far off of my radar screen I forgot that they aren't playing 'til this thread reminded me. Strike? Lockout? I'm not even sure. As the NBA increasingly started marketing individual players (e.g. Michael Jordan) rather than teams I totally lost interest.

MasterShake
11-08-2011, 07:58 AM
I'll miss it a little come playoff time, but I'm sure I can watch the Canadian bowling league or something equivalent.

MileHighCrew
11-08-2011, 08:20 AM
Canadian Bowling is good viewing. It gets prime coverage on EH TV!! but enough aboot that.
I miss the NBA because the military gives tickets to the Raptor games once in a while and I like taking my kids to the games. We normally get courtside seats for free if we are in uniform for 3-5 games a year. Besides that I don't really care, but my daughter really like to go.

CoachChaz
11-08-2011, 08:40 AM
Playoff basketball is the only thing worth watching. I got a title this past year, so I'm good for awhile.

Northman
11-08-2011, 10:19 AM
Honestly no. I havent watched it religiously since 1996.

Poet
11-08-2011, 11:21 AM
I love playoff basketball, but the regular season has about ten games worth watching.

Plus my Celtics are going to suck ass this year so **** it!

slim
11-08-2011, 11:41 AM
I haven't paid much attention in years.

Even the playoffs suck now, with the ****** up scheduling. Do they really need a series to last two weeks?

underrated29
11-08-2011, 12:08 PM
I would like to add a third option to the poll.

No, I dont care and actually hope they do not. For a long time!!!!

CoachChaz
11-08-2011, 12:28 PM
If they dont...then I can say the Mavs were Champions for 2 years. They can hold a single title longer than any other team.

Slick
11-08-2011, 12:32 PM
Once David Robinson retired, I started losing interest in the NBA. I still try to follow the Spurs and to a lesser extent, the Nuggets.

I miss the mid to late 80's NBA. That was a great time for pro basketball.

NorCalBronco7
11-08-2011, 12:50 PM
Hell yeah Im miss it! NBA is right behind NFL in my mind, and I miss watching the Kings getting there asses kicked every game. :mad:

Denver Native (Carol)
11-08-2011, 08:30 PM
I will miss it - I love watching the Nuggets.

chazoe60
11-08-2011, 08:33 PM
The NBA is the closest thing to professional wrestling that there is in "legitimate" sports. The officiating is so atrocious that it has rendered the sport unwatchable.

weazel
11-08-2011, 08:39 PM
The NBA is the closest thing to professional wrestling that there is in "legitimate" sports. The officiating is so atrocious that it has rendered the sport unwatchable.

didnt you know you get as many steps as per your player rating? 2 star player = 2 steps... 5 star player = 5 steps.

Dreadnought
11-08-2011, 08:40 PM

Travelling is still theoretically against the Rules of Basketball. When I still watched they had pretty much forsaken the rule

MOtorboat
11-08-2011, 09:15 PM
Obviously in the minority here...yes, I will miss it.

sneakers
11-08-2011, 09:56 PM
I love playoff basketball, but the regular season has about ten games worth watching.

Plus my Celtics are going to suck ass this year so **** it!

They are still better than my Bucks.

sneakers
11-08-2011, 09:57 PM

Pro wrestling is more authentic because they will at least admit that it is fake.

Dapper Dan
11-09-2011, 08:16 PM
I hate the NBA but I also hate the University of Kentucky. The longer the lock out the more players will stay at UK.

Denver Native (Carol)
11-09-2011, 09:11 PM
Pushing aside ultimatums, threats and caustic rhetoric, N.B.A. owners and players resumed labor talks Wednesday on what was shaping up as the day of reckoning in the four-month lockout.

Commissioner David Stern had set 5 p.m. as the deadline for the union to accept the league’s standing proposal, or have it replaced with a much worse deal. The players rejected the offer on Tuesday, but signaled a willingness to accept the league’s desired 50-50 split of revenue. The gesture got the parties back to the table, rendering the deadline moot, at least for the moment.

rest - http://www.nytimes.com/2011/11/10/sports/basketball/nba-talks-resume-toward-possible-breakthrough.html

Canmore
11-17-2011, 07:20 PM
Obviously in the minority but I love the NBA and watch almost as much as the NFL. I already miss it.

OrangeHoof
11-17-2011, 08:19 PM
The players will cave as soon as they run out of money for marijuana and strippers.

lgenf
11-17-2011, 08:25 PM
I still want to see my HEAT this year

I hope they resolve this soon cause I need something to watch during the week when football is not on, besides sons of anarchy or homeland

smith49
11-18-2011, 04:33 PM
I love Watching my jazz!! However, I'm ok with the lock out for now. If it promotes the changes that need to be changed then great.

The players are greedy as fk. They think they deserve their over inflated salaries and then they want even more of the the revenue from the owners. Tgey also think that they should be able to control rules and how the nba operates. Unions are a joke when they do things like this.

I hope the owners hold strong and get the NBA back to a respectful league. The notion that players can control and build super teams is pathetic. The way carmello held the nuggets hostage last year was pathetic. The owners are trying to get rid of their ability to do those things and rightfully so.

They have to stop the NBA from becoming the major leagues. The only teams that can compete are large markets. Why have a league if only two or three teams can consistently compete for a title? It should be who can manage and coach their way to a title. Why do you think the NFL is more popular than ever? Because every team has the ability and oportunity to build a competitive team, as long as they make the right moves and have good coaching. Not because players dictate where and what they play for. If you suck in the NFL you go bye bye. If you suck in the NBA you get payed lots and lots of guaranteed $$.

F the NBA until they get it fixed.

Day1BroncoFan
11-18-2011, 05:33 PM
I just wish they'd stop talking about it too. :nod:

Nomad
11-19-2011, 10:41 AM
Once David Robinson retired, I started losing interest in the NBA. I still try to follow the Spurs and to a lesser extent, the Nuggets.

I miss the mid to late 80's NBA. That was a great time for pro basketball.

Same here.....once John Stockton retired and they changed from NBC (liked the theme song) I tuned out the NBA. Was a big fan in 80s and 90s!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UooitEU6AtE

Dzone
11-19-2011, 11:51 AM
Basketball and Baseball-All they do is interrupt watching football. When I turn on sportscenter, Im damn glad I dont have to listen to 10minutes of basketball scores. I dont care if Basketball ever comes back. Besides, In Denver, the Nuggets bring nothing but heartache

Dapper Dan
11-19-2011, 10:55 PM
Basketball and Baseball-All they do is interrupt watching football. When I turn on sportscenter, Im damn glad I dont have to listen to 10minutes of basketball scores. I dont care if Basketball ever comes back. Besides, In Denver, the Nuggets bring nothing but heartache

I tuned into ESPN Sportscenter. It's deep into football season. What are they talking about. Mother fuggin Kentucky basketball. I hate ESPN. I really do.

aberdien
11-20-2011, 01:28 AM
**** basketball. What a shitty sport.

Medford Bronco
11-25-2011, 09:29 PM
I have not liked the NBA since Jordan retired the first time in 99

I will occasionally watch a game but the NHL takes up my time in the winter when there is no football of course.

Davii
11-26-2011, 08:04 PM
It's a shame they reached agreement. I feel for the cops in whatever city the AllStar crime spree goes in this year.

MOtorboat
11-26-2011, 08:08 PM
It's a shame they reached agreement. I feel for the cops in whatever city the AllStar crime spree goes in this year.

As opposed to the NFL?

Really, Davii?

Davii
11-26-2011, 08:18 PM
As opposed to the NFL?

Really, Davii?

It seems the NBA allstar game becomes a crime magnet every year. I'm not talking about the players either.

spikerman
11-26-2011, 08:50 PM
I may be in the minority, but I'm sad that they came to an agreement. For pure excitement, I would rather watch my neighbor paint his house than watch an NBA game. Now that the season has started, since I live in San Antonio, it's going to be all Spurs, all the time. sigh.