PDA

View Full Version : Giants-Eagles Playoff Preview

CoachChaz
01-07-2009, 01:00 PM
The Eagles and Giants will face off in what could be a very entertaining playoff game this Sunday in New York.

The nation will get to see two of the best defenses in the NFL do their best to shut down 2 of the most inconsistent offenses.

The NY offense brings the top rushing offense to the game. behind 1000 yard seasons from Brandon Jacobs and Derrick Ward, they have the ability to grind out yards all day long. That might be necessary as the Giants are coming off of a stretch of four games where they lost three and Eli failed to pass for more than 191 in any of them while tossing only 2 TD's to go with 2 INT's. Losing Burress has had more of an impact on their offense than they seem to have expected and they will have to rely on the running game.

The difficult part is that Philly, while known for Jim Johnsons relentless blitzing schemes, also carries the NFL's #4 run defense. This is a matchup that should play out to be interesting for the Giants offensive minds.

On the other side, Philly brings a West Coast attack that features Brian Westbrook doing everything. In their last meeting, Westbrook torched the Giants defense for 131 rushing yards and 72 receiving yards. Like the Eagles, the Giants are amongst the legue leaders in rushing the QB, but face the daunting task of chasing down a mobile Donovan McNabb. McNabb isn't the runner he once was, but does offer a better escapability quality than most at his position.

At the end of the day, we see two team heading in opposite directions. The Eagles are peaking at the right time where the Giants have fallen from grace. This will no doubt be a hard fought game and the team with the better offense will come out on top.

My prediction...Philly - 24...New York - 17

Medford Bronco
01-07-2009, 01:12 PM
Good analysis Coach. I think NY will win but would not
be suprised to see the Eagles win as well.

I hope it is a hard hitting contest and I think it will be.

CoachChaz
01-07-2009, 03:10 PM
Good analysis Coach. I think NY will win but would not
be suprised to see the Eagles win as well.

I hope it is a hard hitting contest and I think it will be.

I just want to see the Eagles keep winning so that I can blow a raspberry at everyone that told me they sucked and didnt deserve to be ranked as high as I had them in my Power Polls.

Slick
01-07-2009, 03:12 PM
I miss your power polls Coach. God I can't believe I just said that.

CoachChaz
01-07-2009, 03:16 PM
I miss your power polls Coach. God I can't believe I just said that.

You'll get one more once the season is over.

CrazyHorse
01-07-2009, 04:21 PM
The Eagles vs Chargers in the Super Bowl.
Only a combined 17 wins between them.

CoachChaz
01-07-2009, 04:48 PM
The Eagles vs Chargers in the Super Bowl.
Only a combined 17 wins between them.

That would be interesting

Poet
01-08-2009, 11:10 AM
I just want to see the Eagles keep winning so that I can blow a raspberry at everyone that told me they sucked and didnt deserve to be ranked as high as I had them in my Power Polls.

No one said they sucked, however when you kept putting them over teams with more wins week after week, even after several bad weeks it looked suspect. Hell, I liked the logic you used when doing it, but saw a discrepancy when you went the other way and put teams with worse records than the Patriots in front of them because they made the playoffs.

You can't please everyone, and the fact that people always read your articles and respond obviously means you're doing something pretty damn well.