PDA

View Full Version : Broncos' offensive line adjustment set Willis McGahee free

Denver Native (Carol)
11-07-2011, 08:04 PM
When the Broncos said they would tweak things to put players in a position to succeed, they left no stone unturned Sunday in their running game on the way to 298 rushing yards.

They turned back the clock and broke out a little old-school read option. But they also shuffled things around in the offensive front.

Look at Willis McGahee's 60-yard touchdown run on the last play of the third quarter.

rest of article - interesting
http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_19283540

Superchop 7
11-07-2011, 08:37 PM
When you can read ABC gap blocking on both sides of the line before you run?

And you have the option to take it to any of the gaps?

Your gonna get some yards.

BroncoJoe
11-07-2011, 08:48 PM
Fox made a very valid point on the Elway show tonight. They've been working on these plays for three weeks. It is not something you can just say "run this" and have everyone on the same page immediately. Opposing defenses will have the same problem.

Mobile Post via http://Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

rcsodak
11-07-2011, 10:25 PM
The nice thing about having a defensive minded coach, is he can give insight to the offensive coaches on whats hard to defend.

Ziggy
11-07-2011, 10:28 PM
I like the new Oline coach. I'm surprised that we didn't go to the ZBS that they initially talked about, but the line as a whole has improved tremendously this season.

broncohead
11-07-2011, 10:40 PM
What was shuffled around on the run?

HORSEPOWER 56
11-07-2011, 10:42 PM
See what happens when you line up Franklin at Guard... 60 yard TD runs!

:D ;)

HORSEPOWER 56
11-07-2011, 10:44 PM
What was shuffled around on the run?

Chris Clark our backup OT lined up at RT and Franklin lined up next to Beadles inside of Clady on the left side. The run actually went right between Beadles and Franklin and the hole was big enough to drive a truck through. Beadles and Walton blocked right, Franklin and Clady blocked left and from there it was a footrace to the endzone.

tomjonesrocks
11-08-2011, 10:17 AM
See what happens when you line up Franklin at Guard... 60 yard TD runs!

:D ;)

I guess that's a nice way of saying he's a dog-shit RT...:listen:

rcsodak
11-08-2011, 12:53 PM
I guess that's a nice way of saying he's a dog-shit RT...:listen:
He looks crosseyed in his TV player profile pic.

G_Money
11-08-2011, 12:58 PM
Chris Clark our backup OT lined up at RT and Franklin lined up next to Beadles inside of Clady on the left side. The run actually went right between Beadles and Franklin and the hole was big enough to drive a truck through. Beadles and Walton blocked right, Franklin and Clady blocked left and from there it was a footrace to the endzone.

Walton sacked up on that run too - took his (bigger) man, twisted him 90 degrees away from the play, and backed him up.

I still think Walton has more of a shot as a 2012 starter than Beadles. It is nice to see some improvement, though, at least in some aspects of the line.

Can we stop with the holding calls now, tho?:tsk:

~G

broncohead
11-08-2011, 02:31 PM
Just speculation but could Clady's holding calls be attributed to a new style of QB?

Ziggy
11-08-2011, 03:07 PM
It will be interesting to see how the Chiefs play that set. I have a feeling that sooner or later teams are going to make Tebow pay whether he keeps the ball or not. Just have the D end hit him regardless of what he does. The Broncos may counter with a tackle eligible dumpoff to Fells or an end around. They're going to have to add new wrinkles.

dogfish
11-08-2011, 05:12 PM
It will be interesting to see how the Chiefs play that set. I have a feeling that sooner or later teams are going to make Tebow pay whether he keeps the ball or not. Just have the D end hit him regardless of what he does. The Broncos may counter with a tackle eligible dumpoff to Fells or an end around. They're going to have to add new wrinkles.

they should probably add a ghost reverse to the zone read early in the game just to put the idea out there. . .