PDA

View Full Version : Josh McDaniels greatest gift to Broncos fans...

Tned
11-07-2011, 01:34 PM
I've spent some time thinking about this and as a group of fans we really do owe Josh McDaniels a debt of gratitude.

Josh has given us Broncos fans something we never had before, and we have to give McDaniels 100% credit for this gift.

Thanks to Josh McDaniels, us Broncos fans are able to get down right giddy every time we have a ONE game winning streak.

Thank you joshy!!!!

Dirk
11-07-2011, 01:42 PM
:lol:

chazoe60
11-07-2011, 01:48 PM
Screw Josh McDaniels. What a tool?

But, on a serious note I will say I am glad we have Eric Decker, Brian Dawkins, and Robert Ayers. But that doesn't erase the OP's point at all.

Shazam!
11-07-2011, 01:59 PM
Thanks Josh for giving us the only thing that keeps Denver relevant nationally and possibly our QB of the future, after you ran our last out of town for a backup that you paid millions for losing us a ton of games.

lgenf
11-07-2011, 02:11 PM
Without Josh I am not here, and I know you guys would miss me, so let's not forget that T

camdisco24
11-07-2011, 02:13 PM
Sad, but true!

jhildebrand
11-07-2011, 02:18 PM
Meanwhile Brandon Lloyd racked up some serious garbage time stats. Dude is gonna get paid. :lol:

I hope they enjoy losing together. :coffee:

robert ethan
11-07-2011, 06:23 PM
Not to overlook Tim Tebow throwing to Eric Decker, DeMaryius Thomas, and Matt Willis, with Walton, Beadles, and an extra draft pick which brought Orlando Franklin on the line. Those guys could be around for awhile.

Tned
11-07-2011, 06:29 PM
Not to overlook Tim Tebow throwing to Eric Decker, DeMaryius Thomas, and Matt Willis, with Walton, Beadles, and an extra draft pick which brought Orlando Franklin on the line. Those guys could be around for awhile.

Not to overlook having the worst record in the NFL over last 34 games (at least it was before winning the last 2 out of 3).

Tebow is obviously a huge question mark, DT is an unknown due to injuries, Willis isn't worth talking about at this point, Walton and Beadles aren't sucking like last year and might be solid in time.

Decker is the only clear winner of that group. Hopefully, the other's will be in time, but while you're at that, why don't you highlight how many players are left from the '09 draft and how they are doing?

robert ethan
11-07-2011, 06:36 PM
Tebow has a better passer rating than Bradford or McCoy from the 2010 draft. For the season and for his career. Plus more rushing yards than either of them will probably accumulate in their careers. What's the gripe? Josh didn't have a lot of input into the 2009 draft. He wasn't here that long at the time, and the scouting staff was already in place. The 2010 draft looks productive, even though the top pick has missed most of his first two seasons due to injury.

Tned
11-07-2011, 06:43 PM
Tebow has a better passer rating than Bradford or McCoy from the 2010 draft. For the season and for his career. Plus more rushing yards than either of them will probably accumulate in their careers. What's the gripe? Josh didn't have a lot of input into the 2009 draft. He wasn't here that long at the time, and the scouting staff was already in place. The 2010 draft looks productive, even though the top pick has missed most of his first two seasons due to injury.

Wow, did you really just say that McDaniels didn't have much say in the 2009 draft? I'm sure I misread that.

I Eat Staples
11-07-2011, 06:57 PM
Without Josh I am not here, and I know you guys would miss me, so let's not forget that T

But that means Bullgator, Jags, and that other guy who tells people to walk into traffic wouldn't be here either. And probably Robert Ethan as well.

Sorry man, you're outnumbered.

I Eat Staples
11-07-2011, 07:02 PM

Not to overlook trying to trade our franchise QB for Matt Cassel, and then trading him for Kyle Orton. Not to overlook trading a 1st round pick for Alphonso Smith, and then trading him for a player who doesn't belong in this league. Not to overlook Richard Quinn. Not to overlook chasing out Nolan. Not to overlook trading several draft picks to move up for a guy with a mid-round grade. Not to overlook drafting DT over Dez.

Lol at you considering Tebow and DT good draft picks. Dez Bryant is better than DT and Tebow had no place being taken in the 1st round. Beadles and Walton haven't even been good, especially Beadles.

Ravage!!!
11-07-2011, 07:05 PM

:lol: :lol: :lol:

rationalfan
11-07-2011, 07:05 PM
the irony: McD is probably the perfect coach for Tebow; someone who can develop quarterbacks with an offense that would mesh well with Tebow's skill set.

kind of would have liked to see that happen; but it wasn't worth the onslaught of losing.

Dreadnought
11-07-2011, 09:36 PM
Thanks for nothing, doosh. I hate McDaniels like the Devil hates Virtue.

FlyByU
11-07-2011, 09:38 PM
I've spent some time thinking about this and as a group of fans we really do owe Josh McDaniels a debt of gratitude.

Josh has given us Broncos fans something we never had before, and we have to give McDaniels 100% credit for this gift.

Thanks to Josh McDaniels, us Broncos fans are able to get down right giddy every time we have a ONE game winning streak.

Thank you joshy!!!!

Good Post :beer:

HORSEPOWER 56
11-07-2011, 09:41 PM
I would like to thank McDouchnozzle for being such a shitty coach elsewhere! He's ruining Sam Bradford and the Rams offense and the thought of the Rams losing and mostly the sideline shots of a frustrated Mcdickhead, just bring a smile to my face.

Watching a McDaniels coached offense is like watching Jerry Springer, tragically pathetic, but damned funny when it happens to other people... :D

HORSEPOWER 56
11-07-2011, 09:42 PM
attn mods / admins: please b-hole this tia

Consider it done! You're welcome!

... and with my magical mod powers your post has been black-holed ..... POOF!

Superchop 7
11-07-2011, 09:52 PM
I liked the hoodie.

Other than that.

I liked the fact he was fired.

ursamajor
11-08-2011, 01:17 AM
Thanks for nothing, doosh. I hate McDaniels like the Devil hates Virtue.

But it is all Cutler's fault.

sneakers
11-08-2011, 01:30 AM
Also we can get giddy if a player runs for 100 yards in one game. We have that to be thankful of josh too.

BCJ
11-08-2011, 02:56 AM
Meanwhile Brandon Lloyd racked up some serious garbage time stats. Dude is gonna get paid. :lol:

I hope they enjoy losing together. :coffee:

While I wish he was still around, when Lloyd gets paid, we get paid....in a 5th round draft pick. Those pan out almost every single draft!

BCJ
11-08-2011, 02:57 AM
I liked the hoodie.

Other than that.

I liked the fact he was fired.

You understand all he was trying to do was win a mother ******* game, right?

FanInAZ
11-08-2011, 03:28 AM
You understand all he was trying to do was win a mother ******* game, right?

They rallied back & beat the Eagles that game. Maybe he should have given that speech a little more often; after he made that there were no NFLN mics around.

zbeg
11-08-2011, 05:17 AM
McDaniels was reportedly a big fan of the orange uniforms and provided the in-house impetus for the uniform change, effective next year.

Without him, it's likely we'd be looking at the blue uniforms for years to come. Knowing that, I can't be too mad at him.

Joel
11-08-2011, 05:35 AM
the irony: McD is probably the perfect coach for Tebow; someone who can develop quarterbacks with an offense that would mesh well with Tebow's skill set.

kind of would have liked to see that happen; but it wasn't worth the onslaught of losing.
In other words, McDaniels is a great quarterbacks coach? I might be able to buy that; too bad Pat hired him as a head coach. McDaniels' greatest gift to Denver was his departure, but, like his arrival, that was Pats idea.

dogfish
11-08-2011, 06:30 AM

what quarterbacks has mcdaniels developed?

go ahead, say tom brady. . . :elefant:

Npba900
11-08-2011, 09:09 AM

At you're honest!:tsk: So as long as Tebow is wearing a Bronco uniform you a Bronco fan!:D

I Eat Staples
11-08-2011, 11:25 AM
They rallied back & beat the Eagles that game. Maybe he should have given that speech a little more often; after he made that there were no NFLN mics around.

We didn't beat the Eagles under McD. We lost by a field goal.

rationalfan
11-08-2011, 12:18 PM
what quarterbacks has mcdaniels developed?

go ahead, say tom brady. . . :elefant:

matt cassell, kyle orton. each produced their best seasons with mcd's scheme. objectively, it's hard to deny mcd knows how to coach-up quarterbacks and has a very qb-friendly system. say what you will about long-term, but the broncos didn't miss cutler too much during mcd's time as coach - they missed victories.

Schnauzers
11-08-2011, 05:18 PM
I'm thankful to McD because now every time I watch the Bears, I get really T'd off. I couldn't care any less about 'em before.