PDA

View Full Version : Willis McGahee

Slick
11-07-2011, 12:51 PM
He has 4 100+ yard games this year and runs with an aggression that I didn't know he still possessed.

When we signed this guy in free agency, I moaned and groaned because I thought he was done.

Boy was I wrong.

Keep it up Willis. Keep running like you stole something. You are our young Qb's best friend. ...and I love it that you are keeping Moreno on the bench.

hotcarl
11-07-2011, 01:23 PM
Moreno is officially worthless

GEM
11-07-2011, 01:26 PM
Goal line situations was what I heard when we picked him up. He's looking more like a real RB who has some gas left in the tank. I like the attitude...especially in Oakland. He gets the rivalry and does the Broncos proud. I am happy the Broncos took a chance on McGahee and he appears to love being a Bronco! :salute:

cuzz4169
11-07-2011, 01:36 PM
Imagine how bad we would've over paid for D. Williams when Willis is having a better year. Nice job front office. Willis was a beast do most of you understand the guy just had surgery on his broken hand and was a monster on the field. Toughness goes a long way in a locker room and with fans.

MOtorboat
11-07-2011, 01:50 PM
I'm not entirely sure he didn't steal something.

BeefStew25
11-07-2011, 01:52 PM
Mo, your guy Moreno simply isn't getting a fair shot.

MOtorboat
11-07-2011, 01:56 PM
Mo, your guy Moreno simply isn't getting a fair shot.

No, Beef. Moreno is just an OK third down back and I was wrong.

BroncosfanInKC
11-07-2011, 02:12 PM
Willis has a chip on his shoulder and plays with passion and heart. Cant wait to watch him run all over these suck Chiefs this Sunday. Moreno needs to be released at seasons end.

BeefStew25
11-07-2011, 02:16 PM
Willis has a chip on his shoulder

I think it was a broken finger.

GEM
11-07-2011, 02:46 PM
I liked the play when he ran up the middle and knocked the Raiders #27 on his butt. Then the trainers had to come out to take him off the field. :lol:

Buff
11-07-2011, 02:49 PM
Willie Mac has everything you look for in an NFL back - tough, hard to bring down, great vision, top end speed. AKA all the skills knowshon lacks.

Jsteve01
11-07-2011, 02:50 PM
Look at his career carries. The guy has always been in a situation where he was splitting carries with someone else. He's a young thirty.

slim
11-07-2011, 02:53 PM
I liked the play when he ran up the middle and knocked the Raiders #27 on his butt. Then the trainers had to come out to take him off the field. :lol:

He absolutely punished Giordano. That was awesome.

Foez
11-07-2011, 03:22 PM
The man is beast...I wanted him and was as happy as could be when we picked him up during free agency...best pickup since Champ IMO

BroncoNut
11-07-2011, 03:51 PM
He absolutely punished Giordano. That was awesome.

that was a great finish to a wonderful run

BroncoNut
11-07-2011, 03:52 PM
Willie Mac has everything you look for in an NFL back - tough, hard to bring down, great vision, top end speed. AKA all the skills knowshon lacks.

plus he's a black guy named Willis, and his last name isn't Drummond

GEM
11-07-2011, 04:12 PM
Whatttttchoooooo talkin bout, nut?

BroncoNut
11-07-2011, 04:14 PM
Whatttttchoooooo talkin bout, nut?

that phrase made him. that was who Arnold Drummond was. I kinda liked that show.

Cugel
11-07-2011, 04:33 PM
I can't imagine that any other team will have a total team melt-down like the Raiders and let McGahee run through a 10 yard hole right up the middle of their defense. That hole was so big I could have run through it for a 1st down! :laugh:

It's hard to overstate how HORRIBLE the Raiders actually were. They went with an 8 man front to stop the run, put pressure on Tebow and force him to beat them passing the ball.

And yet they gave up 300 yards rushing! And he barely had to throw a pass the last half of the game. If you have 8 men to stuff the run and can't come CLOSE to stuffing the run, how much worse can it get?

* 15 penalties many of them incredibly stupid and unnecessary personal fouls that extended Denver drives.

* Giving up a TD on a punt return right up the middle to Eddie Royal.

* Palmer throwing 2 ints right into Champ Bailey's hands. (And there could easily have been 2 more INTs).

* Letting Willis McGahee run right up the middle of the defense completely untouched for nearly 200 yards. Letting Tebow run for over 100.

That's as bad a defensive performance as the Broncos game against the Packers. And that was rock bottom. It was even WORSE because Tebow is no Aaron Rogers. :ranger: