PDA

View Full Version : With a win over the chiefs next week broncos will be in 3 way tie for 2nd in the afcw !

T.K.O.
11-07-2011, 12:18 PM
seems like a pipe dream a couple weeks ago BUT, that is exactly the sitch:D
we know there will be a 5-4 team atop the division next week and with a win @ KC the broncos will be 1 game out of first in a 3 way tie:elefant:

i realize we dont yet have the firepower to compete with the better teams in the league but maybe.....just maybe the team will gel a bit and we can certainly compete in a weak AFCW !!!!

just enjoying the win and thinking positive....it's a nice change from what has been a dismal stretch for all of us:salute:

MasterShake
11-07-2011, 12:32 PM
seems like a pipe dream a couple weeks ago BUT, that is exactly the sitch:D
we know there will be a 5-4 team atop the division next week and with a win @ KC the broncos will be 1 game out of first in a 3 way tie:elefant:

i realize we dont yet have the firepower to compete with the better teams in the league but maybe.....just maybe the team will gel a bit and we can certainly compete in a weak AFCW !!!!

just enjoying the win and thinking positive....it's a nice change from what has been a dismal stretch for all of us:salute:

Who are Oakland and San Diego playing? If we learned anything this weekend (and the weekend before when New Orleans got crushed) is that there is no sure win for anyone. One of the great things about the NFL.

Bronco4ever
11-07-2011, 12:34 PM
Who are Oakland and San Diego playing? If we learned anything this weekend (and the weekend before when New Orleans got crushed) is that there is no sure win for anyone. One of the great things about the NFL.

They play each other. :listen:

igoe4broncos
11-07-2011, 12:41 PM

Knowing how weak the AFCW is this year, all four teams will still find a way to lose this weekend.

MasterShake
11-07-2011, 12:45 PM

Gotcha! :lol:

Well, it all comes down to who is the "class" of this division then. I think with Rivers struggling it may be the Raiders if Carson Palmer can come along. Hard to root for either of them, so I'll just worry about if the Broncos can beat the Chiefs. Things will sort themselves out soon enough.

wayninja
11-07-2011, 12:46 PM
We are lucky that we are in the worst division in football. May actually give us a (slim) chance. We could pull a Seattle.

T.K.O.
11-07-2011, 12:48 PM
I know it's crazy that the AFCW has 3 leaders at 4-4 but the AFCE has 3 leaders @5-3:laugh:
surprising stuff happening this year

Mike
11-07-2011, 12:50 PM
Unrealistic expectations lead to certain disappointment...even in a very mediocre AFCW.

At this point, I will be happy just to get these guys to start competing each game like they did yesterday.

T.K.O.
11-07-2011, 12:52 PM
Unrealistic expectations lead to certain disappointment...even in a very mediocre AFCW.

At this point, I will be happy just to get these guys to start competing each game like they did yesterday.

Disappointing expectations lead to unrealistic certainty:D

lgenf
11-07-2011, 01:07 PM
SO WHO DO WE HAVE TO ROOT FOR NEXT WEEK?

ok we know that jokeland and the statics play eachother next week, and we split versus Oakland now and we lost a close one to SD but still have to play them again for the second time, so if things come down to a head to head and we split versus SD also, then I think the next thing is PTS

do we win the tie breaker against Oakland? or do we need to cheer for SD and then whoop their asses when we play again

Nomad
11-07-2011, 01:12 PM

I believe they play Thursday night on NFLN.

T.K.O.
11-07-2011, 01:14 PM

ok we know that jokeland and the statics play eachother next week, and we split versus Oakland now and we lost a close one to SD but still have to play them again for the second time, so if things come down to a head to head and we split versus SD also, then I think the next thing is PTS

do we win the tie breaker against Oakland? or do we need to cheer for SD and then whoop their asses when we play again

i think it is more likely that SD will win more games than Oak so i would say the best bet for Denver is an Oak win.
It is definately a MUST win for Denver to have a chance at salvaging what seemed like a lost season.
it's going to take a few miracles along the way but i wont give up until we are mathematically eliminated.:elefant::salute:

catfish
11-07-2011, 06:00 PM

root for a meteor to hit the stadium ;)

HORSEPOWER 56
11-07-2011, 06:07 PM
root for a meteor to hit the stadium ;)

0-0 tie which ends up in a forfeit for both teams because Rivers is ugly and Palmer is a woman with facial hair. Therefore they both get the L...

HORSEPOWER 56
11-07-2011, 06:10 PM
0-0 tie which ends up in a forfeit for both teams because Rivers is ugly and Palmer is a woman with facial hair. Therefore they both get the L...

In all honesty though, I'll be hoping the Raiders win. I absolutely hate the Sparklers more than any other team in the league. They've squandered their talent for a decade and deserve to NEVER, EVER win a Superbowl. To me, they are the concrete cowboys or suburban gangstas of the NFL. POSERS who are all fluff and no stuff.

Buff
11-07-2011, 06:34 PM
Not only that, but if we win every game in 2012 regular season and playoffs we will be the greatest team in NFL history.

weazel
11-07-2011, 06:40 PM
problem is KC is a better team than Oakland. they are playing better and starting to gel... Oakland is falling apart

Skacorica
11-07-2011, 06:42 PM
Not only that, but if we win every game in 2012 regular season and playoffs we will be the greatest team in NFL history.

Not if GB beats us to it this year...

I Eat Staples
11-07-2011, 06:52 PM
I think we'll beat KC, they're overrated garbage that just got sodomized by Miami. The Chargers have the division won though, they're actually a good team. They would have won at least one super bowl in the past few years with any coach other than Norv Turner.

BroncoNut
11-07-2011, 07:04 PM
although I look forward to Sunday, we're still not a good team, but i appreciate this acknowledgement thread starter. Interesting fact.

wayninja
11-07-2011, 08:06 PM
problem is KC is a better team than Oakland. they are playing better and starting to gel... Oakland is falling apart

Are you talking about the same Chiefs who just got annihilated by the Dophins? They actually lost against the Lions worse than we did.

DenBronx
11-07-2011, 08:37 PM
So all we have to do is win?

Cool.

FanInAZ
11-07-2011, 08:49 PM
We are lucky that we are in the worst division in football. May actually give us a (slim) chance. We could pull a Seattle.

Actually, the AFCW is only the worst division in the AFC. The worst Division in the league is the NFCW:

San Francisco 49ers: 7-1
Seattle Seahawks: 2-6
Arizona Cardinals: 2-6
St. Louis Rams: 1-7

The 49ers could actually clinch their division in 2 weeks.

:lol: As far as the NFCW is concerned, its the '80 all over again :lol:

BroncoWave
11-08-2011, 04:25 PM

Getting beat 31-3 by Miami equals playing better and starting to gel? Huh?

The Chiefs are total frauds. Their wins are over Minnesota (who are terrible), Indy (worst team in football), Oakland (with Boller/Palmer), and SD (who gave it away on the fumble). Not a single one of those wins is very impressive.

I'm not saying this means we will certainly win, but they are nowhere as good as their 4-4 record might indicate.

Mike
11-08-2011, 04:48 PM

The Chiefs are total frauds. Their wins are over Minnesota (who are terrible), Indy (worst team in football), Oakland (with Boller/Palmer), and SD (who gave it away on the fumble). Not a single one of those wins is very impressive.

I'm not saying this means we will certainly win, but they are nowhere as good as their 4-4 record might indicate.

Only thing that I see leaning in their favor is that they just got humiliated by a 0 win team. Chances that they sleep on us is minimal. I think they come out as a pissed off team.

T.K.O.
11-08-2011, 06:10 PM
Only thing that I see leaning in their favor is that they just got humiliated by a 0 win team. Chances that they sleep on us is minimal. I think they come out as a pissed off team.

then they'll really be pissed after this week:laugh::salute:

nevcraw
11-08-2011, 08:37 PM
I don't care if we go on a tear and win the SB unless we have a 60%+ passer.

wayninja
11-08-2011, 11:28 PM
I don't care if we go on a tear and win the SB unless we have a 60%+ passer.

I agree. I would take it a step farther. If we can get a passer that's above 70%, I don't care if we lose every game.

Wait... WTF did I just say?

rcsodak
11-08-2011, 11:40 PM

3pts vs 0win Miami

Mobile Post via http://Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

TXBRONC
11-09-2011, 12:34 AM

Historically it hasn't mattered how good the Chiefs are because Denver typically struggles at Arrowhead.

catfish
11-09-2011, 08:10 AM
Historically it hasn't mattered how good the Chiefs are because Denver typically struggles at Arrowhead.

yeah, I am hopeful but not optimistic if you know what I mean. It is going to take more than 1 decent game in a row to show me this offense is for real

BroncoWave
11-09-2011, 10:16 AM

I don't think that really has any relevance to this season, and we are 2-2 there in the last 4 seasons.

TXBRONC
11-09-2011, 11:43 AM
I don't think that really has any relevance to this season, and we are 2-2 there in the last 4 seasons.

If history doesn't why bring up the fact we're 2-2 over the last four years? History does matter.

BroncoWave
11-09-2011, 03:43 PM
If history doesn't why bring up the fact we're 2-2 over the last four years? History does matter.

They were two separate points.

Point A- I don't really think history matters at all. When the whistle blows and the players are on the field, no one is going to be thinking about the fact that Denver hasn't historically done well there.

Point B- While I don't think the history matters, the fact that we are 2-2 goes against your point that we've struggled there in recent years.

FanInAZ
11-09-2011, 04:52 PM
They were two separate points.

Point A- I don't really think history matters at all. When the whistle blows and the players are on the field, no one is going to be thinking about the fact that Denver hasn't historically done well there.

Point B- While I don't think the history matters, the fact that we are 2-2 goes against your point that we've struggled there in recent years.

In this context; history only matters when you allow it to get into your head.

wayninja
11-09-2011, 06:29 PM
It sickens me to think of a 3way with AFCW opponents.

T.K.O.
11-11-2011, 05:01 PM
It sickens me to think of a 3way with AFCW opponents.

it's better than the foursome we are currently having with philly,washington & CLEVELAND !:laugh:

T.K.O.
11-11-2011, 05:14 PM

Oakland took care of the bolts Now all Denver has to do is take out KC and we are suddenly back in the div race:beer:
it would be absolutely apeshyt crazy around here if the Broncos climb back in it with Tebow at the helm:eek:
this team was all but dead and burried @week 7
i realize it's still a looooong shot but it's nice to still be in the running 3 weeks later

wayninja
11-11-2011, 09:10 PM
it's better than the foursome we are currently having with philly,washington & CLEVELAND !:laugh:

Nah, at least they aren't in the same division... that's at least 2nd cousins, which is sorta ok, right?

DenBronx
11-13-2011, 04:08 PM
We gonna catch dem raydasss!!!!

T.K.O.
11-14-2011, 12:01 PM
the AFCW all have tough games this week....if we can take care of business on thursday....i see a tie at the top !!!!!!!!!!!:elefant::defense::salute:
sounds crazy when the season was pretty much OVER at week 5:D:beer: