PDA

View Full Version : Terry Goodkind, Sword of Truth Series

Tebow4Ever
01-07-2009, 12:50 AM
Im currently on book four and LOVING it, I read the series about ten years ago and figure I would go back to it and pick it up again. Has anyone had the pleasure of reading this series? For those interested, If your into Science Fiction/Fantasy. It's a GREAT read!

MOtorboat
01-07-2009, 08:41 AM
I'm about half way through the first book. I'm enjoying it, but I'm scatterbrained when I read, so I, currently have three books going.

Mike
01-07-2009, 09:11 AM
I read the first 5 and gave up on the series. The first was good, the second and third were ok. 4 and 5 not so much.

If you didn't know, they have made a tv miniseries of the books that sucks balls. Horrible acting, bad special effects, and a plot so far removed from the books that it is a wonder they can use the title.

None were as good as Jordan's Wheel of Time series or Martin's Song of Ice and Fire series, IMO.

studbucket
01-07-2009, 09:23 AM
I read the first 5 and gave up on the series. The first was good, the second and third were ok. 4 and 5 not so much.

If you didn't know, they have made a tv miniseries of the books that sucks balls. Horrible acting, bad special effects, and a plot so far removed from the books that it is a wonder they can use the title.

None were as good as Jordan's Wheel of Time series or Martin's Song of Ice and Fire series, IMO.

Song of Ice and Fire rocks! I just finished the 4th book, and I can't wait for the 5th to come out.

Mike
01-07-2009, 09:28 AM
Song of Ice and Fire rocks! I just finished the 4th book, and I can't wait for the 5th to come out.

Good luck...we might see it sometime within the next 10 years. :tsk:

Martin is a good writer, but is a total asshat who is focusing on everything except that which puts food on his table.

One cool thing though is that HBO is in production on a miniseries of A Game of Thrones. I have seen the first script for the first episode and it is true to the book. Definitely looking forward to watching it.

studbucket
01-07-2009, 10:28 AM
Good luck...we might see it sometime within the next 10 years. :tsk:

Martin is a good writer, but is a total asshat who is focusing on everything except that which puts food on his table.

One cool thing though is that HBO is in production on a miniseries of A Game of Thrones. I have seen the first script for the first episode and it is true to the book. Definitely looking forward to watching it.

Yeah, I am really excited for the series...I thought we might get the book late spring or summer this year? Oh well.

That's cool you've seen the script, I hope the pilot gets the greenlight and the show makes the cut.

Tebow4Ever
01-07-2009, 11:58 AM

I have not yet had a chance to watch that Miniseries, But from the website I was looking at. It looked horrible. I have also read Jordans Wheel of Time series. Im looking forward to the new book written by that other author sometime later this year.

Rick
01-08-2009, 09:01 AM
It was a good series, I read them all.

I would defintly rank Jordan's higher but it was still a good series.

Parts of it to me seemed like the ideas were kinda stolen from Jordan's series, but I let it go and was a good read.

Thnikkaman
01-12-2009, 01:32 PM
Im currently on book four and LOVING it, I read the series about ten years ago and figure I would go back to it and pick it up again. Has anyone had the pleasure of reading this series? For those interested, If your into Science Fiction/Fantasy. It's a GREAT read!

He should have left it as one book and not a series. I have listened to many of these books with my wife on long trips. Goodkind is not a good writer. And I get it, Communism is bad. I don't blame you if his story appeals to you, but its like it gets rehashed every time he starts a new book. He had a good idea, and has ruined it IMO.

Oh, and the Adapted for TV series is horrible.

Arkansas Bronco
07-15-2009, 09:32 AM

Ive read the sword of truth series about 7 times (also know where to skip from boredom) and loved it. The tv sucked so bad I turned off the first episode about 15 minutes in because they totally screwed the story up.

The wheel of time is good as well but it had slow boring spots later in the series as well. Song of Ice and Fire was very good time the last book (feast of crows), Im a big Jon Snow fan and he wasnt in it. I am wanting the next book pretty bad.

MOtorboat
07-15-2009, 11:05 AM
Finished the Sword of Truth. Really enjoyed it. Intense reading.

I'm not much into delving into all the symbolism, but I really did like the story. I think it moved slowly at times, though.

The torturing part was a little too much...

Kapaibro
07-15-2009, 04:43 PM
I finally finished the whole series with Confessor the other month.

Some of the books are boring as hell, but the series as a whole was good.