PDA

View Full Version : Hey there Elvis

Jsteve01
11-07-2011, 12:59 AM
Nice to see you again. Thought for a minute you'd left the building.

sneakers
11-07-2011, 01:00 AM
Do you have an imaginary friend named Elvis? :lol:

Ziggy
11-07-2011, 01:01 AM
Elvis is and always has been a pass rusher. If he can get completely healthy, VonDoom is going to be fun to watch.

silkamilkamonico
11-07-2011, 01:06 AM
Been really disappointed with Elvis. Hopefully he doesn't slip back into the abyss of suckage after this game.

Agent of Orange
11-07-2011, 01:54 AM
As always, it seems like he gets held a lot. Part of me wants to criticize him, but on the other hand, I wouldnt be surprised if the refs are protecting the QBs with all that the league has mandated in this regard.

Also, what's important, is that someone is getting sacks, whether its Miller or Doom. If someone gets chipped, then someone else needs to get to the QB. Miller started out averaging a sack a game. You can't tell me that Doom didnt contribute to that in some way.

dogfish
11-07-2011, 03:02 AM
Been really disappointed with Elvis. Hopefully he doesn't slip back into the abyss of suckage after this game.

yea, it's not like he hadn't played football in a year, and got dinged up early. . . no-- it was "sucking". . . like he forgot how to play or something. . . don't give the guy any credit for playing through injury and still being around the ball a lot-- it's just easier to say he sucks. . . because it's so easy to have the same finishing burst you usually do on a bum ankle. . . nope-- he sucks. . .

:salute:

Jsteve01
11-07-2011, 08:04 AM
yea, it's not like he hadn't played football in a year, and got dinged up early. . . no-- it was "sucking". . . like he forgot how to play or something. . . don't give the guy any credit for playing through injury and still being around the ball a lot-- it's just easier to say he sucks. . . because it's so easy to have the same finishing burst you usually do on a bum ankle. . . nope-- he sucks. . .

And it's also pretty simple to generate your normal leverage when you have a bad shoulder lol.

GEM
11-07-2011, 08:09 AM
If only Elvis was about 4 inches taller. his heighth puts him at such a disadvantage. tackles just grab him under the chin and it slows him down. He is good enough to overcome it sometimes.

shank
11-07-2011, 08:35 AM
If only Elvis was about 4 inches taller. his heighth puts him at such a disadvantage. tackles just grab him under the chin and it slows him down. He is good enough to overcome it sometimes.

if he was 4 inches taller, he wouldn't be a bronco.

Tned
11-07-2011, 08:45 AM
Let's see what happens once he's healthy again. After missing the year with the pec tear, he strains his shoulder before the MNF game that didn't let him lift weights for something like a month, maybe longer. Then, just as he's getting strength back in his shoulder, he gets a high ankle sprain that he's battling now.

It sucks he's dealing with these injuries, but I still think that once he's healthy, he an Von are going to help each other create havoc on QBs.

Jsteve01
11-07-2011, 09:39 AM

I don't agree with that at all Gem. His low center of gravity makes it hard for huge tackles to get their mitts into him.

Jsteve01
11-07-2011, 09:40 AM
Let's see what happens once he's healthy again. After missing the year with the pec tear, he strains his shoulder before the MNF game that didn't let him lift weights for something like a month, maybe longer. Then, just as he's getting strength back in his shoulder, he gets a high ankle sprain that he's battling now.

It sucks he's dealing with these injuries, but I still think that once he's healthy, he an Von are going to help each other create havoc on QBs.

agreed completely....i just hope he's able to stay healthy for a while

BigDaddyBronco
11-07-2011, 09:43 AM

That is just silkawhatever displaying his superior football intelligence again.....

dogfish
11-07-2011, 02:10 PM

I don't agree with that at all Gem. His low center of gravity makes it hard for huge tackles to get their mitts into him.

yep-- dude has the same natural leverage that has made dwight freeney and james harrison such nasty pass rushers as well. . . those guys put an insane amount of pressure on monster-size OTs that aren't natural knee-benders. . .

BroncoNut
11-07-2011, 02:11 PM

BAM. What do you have to say to that GEM?

BroncoNut
11-07-2011, 02:12 PM
That is just silkawhatever displaying his superior football intelligence again.....

BDB, we don't need that here.

BeefStew25
11-07-2011, 02:13 PM
if he was 4 inches taller, he wouldn't be a bronco.

He if were 4 inches longer, he would be in my basement.

dogfish
11-07-2011, 02:13 PM
BDB, we don't need that here.

says the guy that just got done ****ing with GEM in his last post. . . :laugh:

vandammage13
11-07-2011, 02:17 PM
Nice to see you again. Thought for a minute you'd left the building.

Elvis is alive!!

It was also nice to see Rookie Chris Harris have a big game...I pointed him out after the Miami game as a potential diamond in the rough.

Kid is looking like a steal...could be solid for us in the secondary for a while.

BeefStew25
11-07-2011, 02:19 PM
Chris Harris needs to quit effing up awesome punts.

Jsteve01
11-07-2011, 02:44 PM
agreeded. I was at the Cincy game.....oooooh was I pissed. That said Harris is going to be a good player. I see him as another Herndon type of back. not the most phyically gifted. But agressive as hell and sound technically.