PDA

View Full Version : Eddie Royal- The forgotten man

Northman
11-07-2011, 12:54 AM
Way to show up today mate. It was good to see you back in form and making plays when you had a chance. I :salute: you.

Ravage!!!
11-07-2011, 12:56 AM
He was one of the players that was mentioned in the "where you at" segment this morning.

Ziggy
11-07-2011, 12:57 AM
At this point in the season, it's time to keep him on punt returns. His contract is up after this season, so let the kid show all of his cards, and decide whether or not he's worth keeping around.

silkamilkamonico
11-07-2011, 01:05 AM
At this point in the season, it's time to keep him on punt returns. His contract is up after this season, so let the kid show all of his cards, and decide whether or not he's worth keeping around.

Totally agree. And then maybe we can finally cut ties with Crosby.

bcbronc
11-07-2011, 02:14 AM
Totally agree. And then maybe we can finally cut ties with Crosby.

lol, what do you mean by 'finally'?

:confused:

Tned
11-07-2011, 08:26 AM
FWIW, when asked about Royal, this is what Fox said last night:

"We did a production meeting yesterday and one of the fellas in there talked about Eddie as a rookie, and I said I think you'll see what Eddie's capable of and he had some injuries early on and we did make a trade that opened things up for some of those young guys. Eddie was able to step in as a receiver and punt returner and be a big part of the win"

CoachChaz
11-07-2011, 08:50 AM
Now he'll go back to sleep for 6 weeks

Tned
11-07-2011, 08:58 AM
Now he'll go back to sleep for 6 weeks

Not sure why they aren't using him for WR screens, even a reverse here or there. Use his quickness after he gets the ball.

camdisco24
11-07-2011, 09:07 AM
From Eddie's Facebook last night:

Plane bout to take off but just wanted to thank yall for all the love and support.. were gonna keep fightin for ya and i want u to kno that were already focused on those chiefs!

I love when Royal actually shows up. I hope this kind of play from him continues. I think if the coaches put him in the position to succeed (like Tned said) we will continue to see the "Royal treatment".

Foochacho
11-07-2011, 11:49 AM
Can I dust of the jersey or should I wait another week? Wanted to kick him in the balls after the shitty performance against the Lion's.

bcbronc
11-07-2011, 07:46 PM
Not sure why they aren't using him for WR screens, even a reverse here or there. Use hics quickness after he gets the ball.

They tried one vs OAK iirc but he didn't get back to the LOS. WR screens are the kind of play that if the defense isn't giving it to you, you can't force. But I agree McCoy can do more to get Royal the ball in space. With Decker and Thomas being big receivers, they should be able to run some picks, er, rubs to get Royal some space. Or run some guys deep and let Royal work underneath.

It's also tough to get all the pass catchers into the game when you're only completing 10 passes. (Not a shot at the QB, just fact.)

I want to see him be the permanent PR guy. Over the past couple seasons, seems the games he plays best in are games he makes a big return. Not sure if it's him having a good game that gets him on PR in the first place, or if doing return helps him get focused but either way he makes plays in the kicking game. I'm not sure why he hasn't been returning them all along, but he's averaging 85 yards per on the season, so maybe give the kid a few more tries.

I Eat Staples
11-07-2011, 08:52 PM
Eddie is a talented player. I have no idea why he's disappeared since his rookie year. I hope he can get it turned around.

Superchop 7
11-07-2011, 09:07 PM
They just need to let Royal play to his strengths......it's been a bit of square peg will fit in a round hole thinking.....especially under McDummy. Royal is a guy that should attack space, (he had freedom under Shanny and it paid off) when he finds it.......... "give him the damn ball".

My advice to McCoy.......tell the kid to get open and throw his hand up.

FlyByU
11-07-2011, 09:46 PM
“With Tim, it’s almost like every route, even if it’s drawn up as a decoy route, it’s not a decoy route, because he’s going to look all over the field,” Royal said today. “He’s going to keep the play alive, so even if you’re the decoy on this play, you might end up as the main guy and end up catching a touchdown, kind of like what happened to me.”

“The chemistry is building,” he added, “and you just know to stay alive with each play."

Seen this and thought it was a good quote.

rcsodak
11-07-2011, 11:12 PM

Let him go and get ryan broyles

Mobile Post via http://Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

Magnificent Seven
11-07-2011, 11:44 PM
I hope he will do it again on this Sunday.