PDA

View Full Version : Broncos Midseason Awards

Ziggy
11-07-2011, 12:50 AM
Rookie of the Year-
Von Miller- Not much competition here, with Franklin struggling at RT and Moore playing so inconsistently. At this point in the season, Von looks like a decent pick for the 2nd pick of the draft. With Doom healthy, those two look like a scary combo to QB's in passing situations. Von was a beast today, getting pressure after pressure. There's no denying that he's a playmaker. I hope that he continues to improve against the run and in pass coverage.

Most Improved Player-
JD Walton- He's gone from being used on a regular basis, to holding his own and more. He had a couple of key blocks again today to spring Magehee. If he keeps up at this rate, we may not need to adress the center position in the draft in April.

Most Underrated Player-
Broderick Bunkley- He's been our best interior lineman and a pleasant surprise on D. I'm hoping that the FO gets him re-signed before he hits the market.

Most Disappointing Starter-
Orton would be the obvious choice, if I had expected anything out of him in the first place. Zane Beadles gets the award for me. He's been a weak link on the Oline all season long. I still think Franklin belongs in his spot.

Most Overrated Player-
Ryan Clady- He just hasn't returned to his rookie form. I don't know if it's lingering effects from the injury, but something's not right there. I still have high hopes for him getting back to form, but he's been a holding machine this season.

Offensive MVP-
Willis Magehee- He's averaging 103 yards per start, and has brought back the threat of a legitimate back in the lineup. Tebow is a close second here, and since I didn't vote for him, let the bashing begin.

Defensive MVP-
Von Miller- Partly due to attrition, but he's our #1 playmaker on D. Champ has been good, but Von has made more impact plays.

Special Teams MVP-
Britton Colquitt- This is another guy that needs a new contract. He's been money, consistently helping out the defense.

dogfish
11-07-2011, 01:18 AM
agreed on all counts. . . you left one out, though-- comeback player of the year. . .

i think that one has to be tebow. . . :D

:defense:

Timmy!
11-07-2011, 01:24 AM
who`s magehee? is that like some kind of wizard?

Mobile Post via http://Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

BORDERLINE
11-07-2011, 01:38 AM
Look we are 3-5 and lucky to be in a sucky division. Our one bright spot is having Willis run the ball the way he has so far. I didn't think he was gonna add anything to out team and boy was I wrong. And on top of that he goes and SALUTES the Black Hole LOL. That just made me like the guy more.

Everyone else has had their good and bad games but none have stood out like Willis (maybe Colquitt).

A half season of football left to go. I hope for the best but I know this is the Broncos and we are capable of playing the way we played the Lions any given week and that leaves me uneasy. Any who, the more games this O-Line get's with Teebs the more they can begin to understand the way he plays. The defense has much to improve but hopefully our best football is ahead of us and we can make a late season run!!!!!

dogfish
11-07-2011, 04:22 AM
:rolleyes:

Dreadnought
11-07-2011, 07:32 AM
Worst fans in all of sports= Denver Broncos

You hate Tebow regardless of what he does. You clowns just regurgitate what Merril Hoge says. Pathetic fan base.

No wonder Tim plays better on the road. His own fans hate him.

I hope he gets traded and makes you clowns the worst franchise for the 2 decades. Go ahead and draft Matt Barkley and see how that goes...haha

See how much happier the players are when they are not in Denver. Every clown in the stands acting like they know for sure Tim is the worst QB ever.

He played bad last week and all of you were ready to cut him and trade him, etc...

Now they win, and you are all still doom and gloom. Denver is ONE game from 1st in the West. Pretty decent since you all would never have been in this position with Kyle Orton. But, you ALL believed that Kyle gave you the "best chance to win".

I hope you ALL were cheering for the Raiders because you fans SUCK.

Go Broncos! Not the loser fan base, but the TEAM!

What, so 3 or 4 of our resident chronic bridgejumpers provoked that? or what else are you talking about if not this MB? Not an auspicious start as a poster here regardless. Most of the fanbase wants to win football games. We are sick of being blown out by the revolting Raiders. Well, we won, and it was against the Raiders. I couldn't be happier, and the vast majority on this MB is pretty happy about it too. And again, I can only name a couple of guys here who pay any attention to that assclown Hoge or who give a crap what that idiot says.

Dirk
11-07-2011, 07:35 AM
Damn....was that a drive-by from recon or what? LOL

Dirk
11-07-2011, 07:35 AM
Rookie of the Year-
Von Miller- Not much competition here, with Franklin struggling at RT and Moore playing so inconsistently. At this point in the season, Von looks like a decent pick for the 2nd pick of the draft. With Doom healthy, those two look like a scary combo to QB's in passing situations. Von was a beast today, getting pressure after pressure. There's no denying that he's a playmaker. I hope that he continues to improve against the run and in pass coverage.

Most Improved Player-
JD Walton- He's gone from being used on a regular basis, to holding his own and more. He had a couple of key blocks again today to spring Magehee. If he keeps up at this rate, we may not need to adress the center position in the draft in April.

Most Underrated Player-
Broderick Bunkley- He's been our best interior lineman and a pleasant surprise on D. I'm hoping that the FO gets him re-signed before he hits the market.

Most Disappointing Starter-
Orton would be the obvious choice, if I had expected anything out of him in the first place. Zane Beadles gets the award for me. He's been a weak link on the Oline all season long. I still think Franklin belongs in his spot.

Most Overrated Player-
Ryan Clady- He just hasn't returned to his rookie form. I don't know if it's lingering effects from the injury, but something's not right there. I still have high hopes for him getting back to form, but he's been a holding machine this season.

Offensive MVP-
Willis Magehee- He's averaging 103 yards per start, and has brought back the threat of a legitimate back in the lineup. Tebow is a close second here, and since I didn't vote for him, let the bashing begin.

Defensive MVP-
Von Miller- Partly due to attrition, but he's our #1 playmaker on D. Champ has been good, but Von has made more impact plays.

Special Teams MVP-
Britton Colquitt- This is another guy that needs a new contract. He's been money, consistently helping out the defense.

Ziggy I agree totally. Nice job!

wayninja
11-08-2011, 12:00 PM

You hate Tebow regardless of what he does.

Nonsense. But we do hate you regardless of what you do.

slim
11-08-2011, 12:02 PM

You hate Tebow regardless of what he does. You clowns just regurgitate what Merril Hoge says. Pathetic fan base.

I hope he gets traded and makes you clowns the worst franchise for the 2 decades. Go ahead and draft Matt Barkley and see how that goes...haha

See how much happier the players are when they are not in Denver. Every clown in the stands acting like they know for sure Tim is the worst QB ever.

He played bad last week and all of you were ready to cut him and trade him, etc...

Now they win, and you are all still doom and gloom. Denver is ONE game from 1st in the West. Pretty decent since you all would never have been in this position with Kyle Orton. But, you ALL believed that Kyle gave you the "best chance to win".

You would let Tim **** you in the ass, wouldn't you?

Buff
11-08-2011, 12:13 PM
I'd give most improved to Decker. I still don't know about Walton.

I don't know if there is a player worthy of Defensive MVP to this point. Von has made some nice contributions, but I don't know if he is the defense's biggest contributor.

There are like 10-12 guys worthy of consideration for most disappointing:

Orton, Tebow, Beadles, Franklin, Knowshon, all of our safeties, DJ, Andre Goodman, Clady, etc. I'd give it to Orton, Tebow or Knowshon.

slim
11-08-2011, 12:15 PM
For me, most disappointing would have to be Clady or Goodman.

I didn't really expect much from Orton, Tebow or Knowshon.

BroncoNut
11-08-2011, 12:19 PM

I don't know if there is a player worthy of Defensive MVP to this point. Von has made some nice contributions, but I don't know if he is the defense's biggest contributor.

Orton, Tebow, Beadles, Franklin, Knowshon, all of our safeties, DJ, Andre Goodman, Clady, etc. I'd give it to Orton, Tebow or Knowshon.

not criticizing, but you're kinda a hardass Buff.

Buff
11-08-2011, 12:21 PM
For me, most disappointing would have to be Clady or Goodman.

I didn't really expect much from Orton, Tebow or Knowshon.

I had higher hopes for Tebow in August than I do right now. I am disappointed that Merrill Hodge appears to be more right than he is wrong as of today.

Same goes for Orton. When they named him starter I thought he wouldn't be a complete and total **** up this year.

I knew Knowshon was on the verge of being a bust, but I underestimated how completely useless he really is.

Buff
11-08-2011, 12:22 PM
not criticizing, but you're kinda a hardass Buff.

Yeah, I am pretty much a bitter human being who is angry at the world.

BroncoNut
11-08-2011, 12:40 PM

I don't see that. I see a bright, hopeful, and loving young man.

dogfish
11-08-2011, 01:09 PM
You would let Tim **** you in the ass, wouldn't you?

what do you mean, "would?"

T.K.O.
11-08-2011, 01:45 PM

how's your weather in jax today ?:laugh:

Ziggy
11-08-2011, 02:26 PM
I want to give some props to our coordinators also. Defensively, we're still giving up 28/game, but the Broncos are a much better 2nd half team this season. They're actually making in game adjustments and this defense is 15th against the run. It's still not pretty, but improved despite the glutton of injuries.

On offense, we finally have a coordinator that is molding the offense around the players on the field. The Broncos are 5th in the NFL in rushing yards/game, and 21st in scoring. Fox said the the Broncos would be a physical run first team, and his commitment to that has paid off. If they ever move Franklin to left guard, watch out.

Note: I understand that this is the same O-coordinator as last season, but I think he has more control over the game plan than he did with McD.

BroncoNut
11-08-2011, 02:29 PM
I want to give some props to our coordinators also. Defensively, we're still giving up 28/game, but the Broncos are a much better 2nd half team this season. They're actually making in game adjustments and this defense is 15th against the run. It's still not pretty, but improved despite the glutton of injuries.

On offense, we finally have a coordinator that is molding the offense around the players on the field. The Broncos are 5th in the NFL in rushing yards/game, and 21st in scoring. Fox said the the Broncos would be a physical run first team, and his commitment to that has paid off. If they ever move Franklin to left guard, watch out.

why? Franklin's not that great yet. Also, this is the first time I've heard anything positive about McCoy. Folks wanted his head last Friday

Ziggy
11-08-2011, 02:36 PM
why? Franklin's not that great yet. Also, this is the first time I've heard anything positive about McCoy. Folks wanted his head last Friday

Franklin is a guard, plain and simple. He's struggling because he's playing out of position and he's a rookie. Give the kid time, and watch him run block. He's straight up driving people 5 yards down the field at times.

catfish
11-08-2011, 03:07 PM

The above stated is the opinion of the poster and does not neccesarily reflect the opinion of Tebow fans or Gator fans. please address all scathing remarks to poster and avoid collateral damage from the bombs this post is going to bring

catfish
11-08-2011, 03:08 PM

try booze, helps me

BroncoNut
11-08-2011, 03:33 PM
Franklin is a guard, plain and simple. He's struggling because he's playing out of position and he's a rookie. Give the kid time, and watch him run block. He's straight up driving people 5 yards down the field at times.

so sue me. Jeez

BroncoWave
11-08-2011, 04:20 PM

Yeah, I'm super disappointed with Tebow's 2-1 record as the starter. :rolleyes:

wayninja
11-08-2011, 05:59 PM
I honestly might give Most Improved to DJ. He seems to have come out of the funk he's been in.

Buff
11-08-2011, 06:09 PM
Yeah, I'm super disappointed with Tebow's 2-1 record as the starter. :rolleyes:

Right, because he single handedly led us to victory. :rolleyes:

I was hoping he'd be the clear cut starter and beat out Orton from day 1. He isn't nearly as far along as I was hoping he'd be after the end of last season, and that is disappointing to me. Happy with the wins and his contributions as a runner, disappointed with his passing.

GEM
11-08-2011, 06:16 PM
Right, because he single handedly led us to victory. :rolleyes:

I was hoping he'd be the clear cut starter and beat out Orton from day 1. He isn't nearly as far along as I was hoping he'd be after the end of last season, and that is disappointing to me. Happy with the wins and his contributions as a runner, disappointed with his passing.

Isn't it great having to quantify your opinion. :lol:

wayninja
11-08-2011, 06:19 PM

I think you mean 'qualify', but I'm just being picky.

BroncoNut
11-09-2011, 12:13 PM

may be wrong, but I think you mean qualify.

Tebow's got aways to go if he can even get there.

Elevation inc
11-09-2011, 09:58 PM

just when i thought the clowns on the site were gone you go ahead and become number 1 on the list.......:beer:

Traveler
11-09-2011, 10:08 PM
Most Overrated Player-

I wonder what is going on with him? He seems to have regressed as a player ever since his injury. League leader in holding penalties this year. Correct me if I'm wrong. Is this scheme not suited for his talents?