PDA

View Full Version : No Rick Dennison please!

Bill Devaroe
01-06-2009, 10:28 PM
He has been horrible every time....

Special Teams coach- horrible
Defense- Horrible
Offense- Barf**
O Line- Much worse than Gibbs

FOR GOD'S SAKE DO NOT MAKE HIM OUR NEXT HEAD COACH!

Maybe he could be practice squad coordinator or team weed dealer, but that is it!:welcome:

topscribe
01-06-2009, 10:42 PM
Tell me, Bill, just what do you think of Dennison? :coffee:

-----

Shazam!
01-06-2009, 10:48 PM
The Broncos could do much worse than Dennison IMO.

BroncoWave
01-06-2009, 10:51 PM
The Broncos could do much worse than Dennison IMO.

Among the guys we have interviewed, the only one who I think would be worse is Garrett, and even that isn't a certanty. I'd take any of the other guys we've interviewed over Dennison.

OB
01-06-2009, 10:53 PM
i agree with bill - i dont like him, just MHO

topscribe
01-06-2009, 10:54 PM
I'm not crazy about him at this point.

But I had to make a funny . . . :D

-----

deacon
01-07-2009, 12:43 AM
He has been horrible every time....

Special Teams coach- horrible
Defense- Horrible
Offense- Barf**
O Line- Much worse than Gibbs

FOR GOD'S SAKE DO NOT MAKE HIM OUR NEXT HEAD COACH!

Maybe he could be practice squad coordinator or team weed dealer, but that is it!:welcome:

I'm not a Dennison fan but you sure can't fault the O line this year! It's been the best we've had for a loooooong time.

Tebow4Ever
01-07-2009, 12:53 AM
I was hoping for Cowher, though I know thats not a possibility. I honestly think Josh Mcdaniels could do ok here. I know Belicheck was called a cheater. But Mcdaniels has helped Brady to, as much as we dont want to admit it, One of the best Quarterbacks in modern day football. So, I think it could be interesting to have him along with Bates to keep Cutler progressing, Though I know they are seemingly looking more for a defensive minded coach to help out that Defense.

Shazam!
01-07-2009, 01:02 AM
Give Dennison a little credit. Even though Greg Robinson was fired, he was the one who helped build the Broncos defense from 1996-98. So it is unfair to say 'he sucked.'

Dennison has played defense so he knows... something, at least.

The offensive staff would be retained without a doubt and the players know him. There wouldn't be such a drastic change that players may be pissed at.

He's fiery. I remember when he coached ST he would erupt into a rage when a return was blown or be exhilherated when they made a big play.

I'm not saying he's the answer. But I would feel safer with him than an outsider that I personally, didn't like or approve of. There will be massive changes on defense in personnel and scheme no matter who they bring in.

Like Morris (who I still think is being interviewed for the Rooney Rule IMO.) I know there are glowing things said about him, but the guy has not enough experience and wouldn't be the answer here IMO.

BroncoWave
01-07-2009, 01:18 AM
Give Dennison a little credit. Even though Greg Robinson was fired, he was the one who helped build the Broncos defense from 1996-98. So it is unfair to say 'he sucked.'

Dennison has played defense so he knows... something, at least.

The offensive staff would be retained without a doubt and the players know him. There wouldn't be such a drastic change that players may be pissed at.

He's fiery. I remember when he coached ST he would erupt into a rage when a return was blown or be exhilherated when they made a big play.

I'm not saying he's the answer. But I would feel safer with him than an outsider that I personally, didn't like or approve of. There will be massive changes on defense in personnel and scheme no matter who they bring in.

Like Morris (who I still think is being interviewed for the Rooney Rule IMO.) I know there are glowing things said about him, but the guy has not enough experience and wouldn't be the answer here IMO.

This is why I think you are wrong here. We are interviewing 2 minority candidates in Raheem Morris AND Leslie Frasier. If Bowlen was just wanting to satisfy the Rooney rule, then he probably would have only interviewed one minority, but since he has interviewed (or will interview in Frasier's case) two, I think that he is seriously considering both of them for the job. For example, let's say that he is seriously considering Leslie Frasier, which I think is a valid assumption. If Morris was just a "Rooney Rule" interview as you say, he'd have no reason to even waste his time on him if he already had Frasier on his radar, so seeing as he's interviewing them both, I think that both are valid candidates. And quite honestly, I'd take either over Dennison.

DenBronx
01-07-2009, 01:19 AM

no offense dude but erupting into a rage doesnt make a good coach. he can erupt all he wants but when dante hall was beating us like a red headed step child i'm pretty sure it was his idiotic special teams coaching. not that it changed after he lefted because hester was doing the same thing to our idiotic kicker that was obeying our idiotic special teams coach.

so yeah, it was be nice to see someone else besides dennison. i have no problem if our new coach out right fires him. bates is the guy we keep not denny boy. like i said earlier, i cant even believe he is being interviewed or considered. however, i said that about obama and now he's our freakin chain smoking president.

Shazam!
01-07-2009, 01:22 AM
I don't think Morris has enough experience. He was just promoted to his first job as DC. If we are going to get a defensive guy, it has to be someone with a little more credibility, like Spags of Frazier.

Shazam!
01-07-2009, 01:24 AM
no offense dude but erupting into a rage doesnt make a good coach. he can erupt all he wants but when dante hall was beating us like a red headed step child i'm pretty sure it was his idiotic special teams coaching. not that it changed after he lefted because hester was doing the same thing to our idiotic kicker that was obeying our idiotic special teams coach.

so yeah, it was be nice to see someone else besides dennison. i have no problem if our new coach out right fires him. bates is the guy we keep not denny boy. like i said earlier, i cant even believe he is being interviewed or considered. however, i said that about obama and now he's our freakin chain smoking president.

I agree. Maybe 'a rage' was an exaggeration on my part. I think it's good that a Coach shows a little emotion. That gets onto the players.

Most of the time all we got from Shanahan was a slap on the ass or the evil eye.

BroncoWave
01-07-2009, 01:25 AM
I don't think Morris has enough experience. He was just promoted to his first job as DC. If we are going to get a defensive guy, it has to be someone with a little more credibility, like Spags of Frazier.

That's fine if you think that but I'm just saying that it would make no sense for Morris to be a "Rooney Rule" interview if Bowlen was already considering Frazier. I think he is seriously considering both for the job, although I'm still of the "Spagnuolo or bust" fram of mind! :D

DenBronx
01-07-2009, 01:34 AM
I agree. Maybe 'a rage' was an exaggeration on my part. I think it's good that a Coach shows a little emotion. That gets onto the players.

Most of the time all we got from Shanahan was a slap on the ass or the evil eye.

i'm going to miss the evil eye.

pretty scary stuff.

broncofaninfla
01-07-2009, 10:00 AM
Dennsion isn't my fisrt choice but he isn't my last either. The guy IS a Bronco. He loved the team as a player and is still passionate about the team now. I don't think he is the best candidate out there but I do think he would bust his *ss for the orginization.

OB
01-07-2009, 11:35 AM
Well IMHO - if he was THAT great he would have been snatched up by another team long before now - look at Kubiak - look at the guys we are interviewing - not that i know if anyone has ever tried to recruit Dennision but like i said, if he was that great he would have been offered a better position by a suckier team a long time ago

Dirk
01-07-2009, 12:18 PM
:tsk: bleeeeeeeeeehhhh

Superchop 7
01-07-2009, 12:21 PM
If we had a quality defense I would be screaming for Dennison.

Bad timing bro......