PDA

View Full Version : Props to Mike McCoy

Dreadnought
11-06-2011, 11:07 PM
Yeah, I said it. I am not a fan of his...but... Good offensive adjutments, and some actual flexibility and imagination were shown. It was a creative game plan. Fair is fair - nice job, McCoy

Locnar
11-06-2011, 11:12 PM
Gotta give it up for sticking with that hand off. All it took were a couple good runs to open it up for Tebow to sell that fake hand off so well.

nevcraw
11-06-2011, 11:12 PM
i think the outside pressure may have helped fox/McCoy adjust.. or not but they def coached a solid game!

rcsodak
11-06-2011, 11:21 PM
Lets see how they coach next week after KC has seen it.
They still need to do more than run it up the gut for 2yds on every 1st down, though. Ugh

Mobile Post via http://Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

NameUsedBefore
11-06-2011, 11:46 PM
Meh. I gotta give him props for going back to the option-run over and over as Oakland had no answer for it. Sometimes OC's outthink themselves and get away from what's working (Example: this game, Oakland passing too much when Bush was running for chunks). There were numerous times during the game where I was shaking my head, though. Two QB-runs up the middle when the game was on the line and a long pitch to the short-side of the field were probably the worst calls.

DenBronx
11-06-2011, 11:53 PM
He did switch it up and it caught oakland off guard. McCoys play calling was terrible at times and other times he looked brilliant.

Any time a player executes the play McCoy will look like our savior and when they don't we have our pitchforks out calling for his head. That's just how it works.

But I'm not going to crown him until he does it consistantly.

igoe4broncos
11-07-2011, 12:01 AM
Everyone was calling for his head in the first half. Funny how things change so quickly.

MOtorboat
11-07-2011, 12:01 AM
I think it just goes to show that you can't even try things like the zone read until you loosen up the defense somehow. A lot of that is Tebow's ability to make plays down the field in the passing game. The first touchdown loosened up the defense a little. The second one loosened up the defense a lot.

Lancane
11-07-2011, 12:07 AM
Everyone was calling for his head in the first half. Funny how things change so quickly.

Not really, the tune will change the next loss or game where we're behind and the offense is struggling. And as for myself, I think he hampered Tebow quite honestly, those quarterback draws started to become predictably questionable, with the run game tearing it up, Tebow was in perfect position to air it out and show what he's got with solid run game in hand.

wayninja
11-07-2011, 12:27 AM
He did switch it up and it caught oakland off guard. McCoys play calling was terrible at times and other times he looked brilliant.

Any time a player executes the play McCoy will look like our savior and when they don't we have our pitchforks out calling for his head. That's just how it works.

But I'm not going to crown him until he does it consistantly.

This. The play calling is, for better or worse, colored by the results. It wasn't working at all in the first half, and even in the second half, some of the play calls were wishful thinking at best.

The designed draws were way over the top, very telegraphed. I don't mind if the kid runs, but at least make it LOOK like he may throw it first...

dogfish
11-07-2011, 03:47 AM
I think it just goes to show that you can't even try things like the zone read until you loosen up the defense somehow. A lot of that is Tebow's ability to make plays down the field in the passing game. The first touchdown loosened up the defense a little. The second one loosened up the defense a lot.

and mcgahee loosened 'em up the way beef wants to do to NUB or buff. . . :shocked:

i'm curious to see if we can get away with that zone read stuff against a team that has better linebackers. . .

broncofaninfla
11-07-2011, 06:05 AM
The read option worked great and the team did a great job executing it.

Dirk
11-07-2011, 07:28 AM
Yeah, I said it. I am not a fan of his...but... Good offensive adjutments, and some actual flexibility and imagination were shown. It was a creative game plan. Fair is fair - nice job, McCoy

I'm with you Dread. I think McCoy finally called a good game. He still has a ways to go but this was definately a step in the right direction. :salute:

claymore
11-07-2011, 07:51 AM
First game Ive enjoyed watching since the Win in sandieggo in 2009. Props to Tebow for answering the call. Hopefully he can continue to do it. If he can improve his accuracy this team will get alot better.