PDA

View Full Version : Champ Bailey 50th career interception

cmc0605
11-06-2011, 10:32 PM
Congrats to him. One of the best to ever play the game at his position, and fun to watch. Hall of famer.

UnderArmour
11-06-2011, 10:37 PM
Pretty sweet his 50th was the one that sealed the game and he had 2 today. First ballot Hall of Famer for sure.

gregbroncs
11-06-2011, 11:50 PM
Challenging Bailey on fade routes or deep sideline passes is just stupid. He may still be the best in the game defending that route. He can be beat with posts, hooks, outs, ins, and a lot of other routes. But that deep sideline or fade route is his best pass to defend. I could not believe when the Raiders tried it a 2nd time. Even if Palmer does not get hit it sure looks like the pass had virtually no chance to be completed.

dogfish
11-07-2011, 05:11 AM
he also forced a fumble today. . .

:defense::defense:

SR
11-07-2011, 06:07 AM
he also forced a fumble today. . .

:defense::defense:

And even though he missed the tackle on that Jacoby Ford (or is it Jones? I get the Houston and Oakland Jacobys mixed up) he came back and made a hell of a tackle to force that fumble.

dogfish
11-07-2011, 06:46 AM
And even though he missed the tackle on that Jacoby Ford (or is it Jones? I get the Houston and Oakland Jacobys mixed up) he came back and made a hell of a tackle to force that fumble.

ford. . . and yea, that's champ for ya-- so pissed about getting beat that he runs down the field and knocks the ball away from the guy. . .

smith49
11-07-2011, 07:25 AM
Challenging Bailey on fade routes or deep sideline passes is just stupid. He may still be the best in the game defending that route. He can be beat with posts, hooks, outs, ins, and a lot of other routes. But that deep sideline or fade route is his best pass to defend. I could not believe when the Raiders tried it a 2nd time. Even if Palmer does not get hit it sure looks like the pass had virtually no chance to be completed.

Sorry but I gotta call bs on this. Champ is still a solid defender on all "routes". Every corner is going to give up some plays once in a while. Especially in today's NFL.

I think the notion that he can get beat in certain routes is absurd. I routinely see him defend inside routes as well as hooks, quick outs etc. Plus he is one of, if not the best run support corners in the league.

I do agree though, that to challenge him more than a few times a game is down right stupid and pretty arrogant of Palmer. I guess he learned his lesson however.

MileHighCrew
11-07-2011, 07:50 AM
:salute: to the greatest player since Elway to wear a Broncos uniform.

slim
11-07-2011, 08:53 AM
The first interception was badass. A very nice play.

gregbroncs
11-07-2011, 08:53 AM
Sorry but I gotta call bs on this. Champ is still a solid defender on all "routes". Every corner is going to give up some plays once in a while. Especially in today's NFL.

I think the notion that he can get beat in certain routes is absurd. I routinely see him defend inside routes as well as hooks, quick outs etc. Plus he is one of, if not the best run support corners in the league.

I do agree though, that to challenge him more than a few times a game is down right stupid and pretty arrogant of Palmer. I guess he learned his lesson however.

That must have come out wrong. I don't think champ is bad at defending those other routes. I still think he's amoung the best corners in the league. But the one pass I don't think teams should ever throw against him is a straight sideline deep ball or fade route.

He is good at those other routes but no corner can cover them all. Champ makes his big plays against that particular route more often that not.

Sorry for the confusion. As I still think Champ is the best player on the team.

smith49
11-07-2011, 03:46 PM
Well then gregbroncs, we will just have to agree to agree ;).

MileHighCrew
11-07-2011, 06:51 PM
GB2
Go Broncos
Go Bailey...