PDA

View Full Version : Can we close the book on Moreno?

Agent of Orange
11-06-2011, 08:18 PM
McGahee with a messed up hand is so much better than Moreno. It's been something that has been discussed but seeing the way McGahee ran with a messed up hand really puts in perspective how bad Moreno is.

Northman
That would be a yes.

And i welcome the rest of you to the McGahee bandwagon. :)

broncofaninfla
I'm guessing this will be his last season as a Bronco. Yet another Mcstake.....

broncohead
11-06-2011, 08:19 PM
He's pretty much just a 3rd down back. I was hoping the offseason workouts would help. Time to look for a #2 guy who will take over for Willis in a year or 2

Agent of Orange
11-06-2011, 08:21 PM
He's pretty much just a 3rd down back. I was hoping the offseason workouts would help. Time to look for a #2 guy who will take over for Willis in a year or 2

...or a #1 who can carry the load after McGanee does a lot of work this year as a 30 year old RB.

broncohead
11-06-2011, 08:21 PM
...or a #1 who can carry the load after McGanee does a lot of work this year as a 30 year old RB.

Either way. I think Willis has another decent year left

turftoad
11-06-2011, 08:22 PM
McGahee did great today but is getting long in the tooth. He doesn't have many years left.

Moreno had only two carries, who knows.

Agent of Orange
11-06-2011, 08:24 PM
Either way. I think Willis has another decent year left

Yeah, Im not for dumping McGahee. It's just I think next year it would be better for him and the team if he was the #2 getting 150-175 carries.

broncohead
11-06-2011, 08:25 PM
Yeah, Im not for dumping McGahee. It's just I think next year it would be better for him and the team if he was the #2 getting 150-175 carries.

Agreed

Ziggy
11-06-2011, 08:25 PM
I think McGehee was signed to be the 1b back. It turns out, he's the only quality NFL between the tackles runner that we have on the roster. Great signing by EFX. They brought him in for 4 years/10 mill.

FanInAZ
11-06-2011, 08:28 PM
McGahee is defiantly our RB for at least the foreseeable future. I don't believe that we need to look to take a RB in the early round of next year's draft. Although I wouldn't mind us taking on in the mid to late rounds because I'm not happy with any of our other often injured RBs. Moreno is at the top of that list.

CrazyHorse
11-06-2011, 08:29 PM
Whatever happened to LenDale White?

Agent of Orange
11-06-2011, 08:33 PM

Isn't that almost the same thing as asking, "whatever happened to the ice cream truck?"

LRtagger
11-06-2011, 08:40 PM
Close the book on him? It's a bit early for that. Plus he still has an important role on the team. I dont understand why people are ready to get rid of the guy. He hasn't lived up to the #12 pick yet, but it's only his third season. He's still a career 4ypc guy (McGahee is also a career 4ypc guy).

I bet Buffalo and Baltimore wish they hadn't closed the book on McGahee.

Ziggy
11-06-2011, 08:41 PM

Cut in training camp.

Northman
11-06-2011, 08:47 PM
Close the book on him? It's a bit early for that. Plus he still has an important role on the team. I dont understand why people are ready to get rid of the guy. He hasn't lived up to the #12 pick yet, but it's only his third season. He's still a career 4ypc guy (McGahee is also a career 4ypc guy).

I bet Buffalo and Baltimore wish they hadn't closed the book on McGahee.

Baltimore didnt close the book on McGahee. It had to do with the fact that they had Rice, Leach, and a very cheap Williams.

BroncoJoe
11-06-2011, 08:54 PM
Count me as finally done. And based on Bell being in there after the half, the Broncos probably are too

Mobile Post via http://Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

NightTerror218
11-06-2011, 08:58 PM
Lance Ball has been better and i really want to see Jeremiah Johnson play. We also have another undrafted rookie RB who was placed on IR too.

Rick
11-06-2011, 09:44 PM
Heard Bush is a coming FA.

Wouldn't mind him in Denver, he runs with power and seems to have good vision.

My hope is still that Tebow continues to improve as a passer and we draft all defense and maybe more Oline in draft.

Then sign a guy like Bush as FA.

If Tebow can learn to throw be an awesome running attack with Bush, Mcgahee, Tebow and toss in Moreno on third down.

Jury still out on Tebow learning to throw though...

NorCalBronco7
11-06-2011, 09:58 PM
Oh course, he sucks.

G_Money
11-06-2011, 10:21 PM
There's still a book open on Moreno? :confused:

I had him scheduled for the glue factory a while ago. He'll hang around the league, but he'll never be a front-line back. Not the way he runs. We'll need to get McGahee another back to share the load next year, because we NEED a running back corps.

~G

G_Money
11-06-2011, 10:26 PM
Heard Bush is a coming FA.

Wouldn't mind him in Denver, he runs with power and seems to have good vision.

My hope is still that Tebow continues to improve as a passer and we draft all defense and maybe more Oline in draft.

Then sign a guy like Bush as FA.

If Tebow can learn to throw be an awesome running attack with Bush, Mcgahee, Tebow and toss in Moreno on third down.

Jury still out on Tebow learning to throw though...

Bush, McGahee and Tebow would be a lot of fun, if Timmy can throw. Franklin at guard instead of Beadles and a monster RT and we could put a hurt on people. Especially with a lot of defenses built to stop the pass.

Being a ground-and-pound offense could pay off for a while, with the right pounders.

Regardless of Timmy being the QB, though, a strong running game is a must. I'd like Bush for the role of co-first string RB, no question.

~G

Joel
11-06-2011, 10:30 PM
My only objection to McGahee was that he didn't have the moves or speed to bust a run 60 yards for a TD. With that objection removed after he did just that with a safety trailing the play it's hard to convincingly argue we should give Moreno more starting time to get his :censored: together. I REALLY liked the pick at the time, and have continued to expect great things from him, but I can only expect them so long before I have to accept the fact the only thing he and Terrell Davis have in common is their build and alma mater. :(

Jsteve01
11-07-2011, 12:29 AM
Mcgahee has never had a ton o carries. Get him a runningmate and we can get a few more years out of him. And like north said: welcome to the mcgahee fan club

Ravage!!!
11-07-2011, 12:30 AM
I put the book on the shelf a long time ago.

jhildebrand
11-07-2011, 01:34 AM

I was thinking the same thing this evening :beer:

jhildebrand
11-07-2011, 01:36 AM
Moreno does more dancin on one carry than an entire rerun of soultrain