PDA

View Full Version : Highlights from Oakland game

lgenf
11-06-2011, 07:56 PM
So that was a great win, great TEAM win

Now I want to see what ESPN shows for highlights.....

I just watched the NFLN and Deon gave Tebow props nothing fancy

He said something like, let's just all settle down about last week and just give the kid a chance to grow

This is a young QB and he's winning games, without throwing INTs

I want to see what ESPN shows now

They loved pouring on Tebows incompletions over the last two weeks, now let's see if they show the two TD passes, and some of the bullets he threw for completions, first downs etc

Some of the LONG runs by Tebow, the punt return by royal, the LONG TDs for mcgahee

These should all make the highlight reels

Agent of Orange
11-06-2011, 08:11 PM
So that was a great win, great TEAM win

Now I want to see what ESPN shows for highlights.....

I just watched the NFLN and Deon gave Tebow props nothing fancy

He said something like, let's just all settle down about last week and just give the kid a chance to grow

This is a young QB and he's winning games, without throwing INTs

I want to see what ESPN shows now

They loved pouring on Tebows incompletions over the last two weeks, now let's see if they show the two TD passes, and some of the bullets he threw for completions, first downs etc

Some of the LONG runs by Tebow, the punt return by royal, the LONG TDs for mcgahee

These should all make the highlight reels

ESPN is probably going to say that any QB would win if McGahee is able to run like that...and they'll probably show the 60 yard run, the punt return and the 23 yard coupe de grace.

broncohead
11-06-2011, 08:13 PM
The int by champ

lgenf
11-06-2011, 08:16 PM
Nope

Berman and crew showed the royal TD catch from Tebow and the royal TD punt return

2 Fng highlights that was it?

Agent of Orange
11-06-2011, 08:22 PM
Nope

Berman and crew showed the royal TD catch from Tebow and the royal TD punt return

2 Fng highlights that was it?

It was the national game. They can't even pretend that it didn't matter.

MOtorboat
11-06-2011, 08:27 PM
It was the national game. They can't even pretend that it didn't matter.

No it wasn't. Not even close.

Green Bay-San Diego was the national game.

Ugh.

What a great win, though.

Ravage!!!
11-06-2011, 08:28 PM
With all the big and important games going on this weekend, don't expect a 2-4 team to get a lot of "highlight" time.

camdisco24
11-06-2011, 08:30 PM
They showed the 2 highlights when they were breaking down every game of the day... they showed 2 for EVERYONE. haha

lgenf
11-06-2011, 08:30 PM
With all the big and important games going on this weekend, don't expect a 2-4 team to get a lot of "highlight" time.

I always expect a lot of highlights when it's Tebow

They've been killing him for 3 weeks, now I want to see FAIR reporting

camdisco24
11-06-2011, 08:33 PM

It IS fair reporting. They showed 2 for everyone.

MOtorboat
11-06-2011, 08:33 PM

ESPN is only allowed to show a few seconds of highlights until after the end of the night game, as part of their agreement and NBC's agreements with the NFL.

It's part of the new television deal the owners signed that they are even allowed to show any highlights in this time slot. Originally when they reworked the Sunday night deal with NBC, it was just Berman and Jackson sitting there in front of stats talking about the game, while Patrick and crew could show them. Part of ESPN's new deal is the ability to show limited highlights during this Sunday evening time slot.

lgenf
11-06-2011, 08:39 PM
ESPN is only allowed to show a few seconds of highlights until after the end of the night game, as part of their agreement and NBC's agreements with the NFL.

It's part of the new television deal the owners signed that they are even allowed to show any highlights in this time slot. Originally when they reworked the Sunday night deal with NBC, it was just Berman and Jackson sitting there in front of stats talking about the game, while Patrick and crew could show them. Part of ESPN's new deal is the ability to show limited highlights during this Sunday evening time slot.

Ok, that helps

MOtorboat
11-06-2011, 08:43 PM
Ok, that helps

Well, if you're talking about the analysts that are paid to give opinions, don't get your hopes up.

That's not reporting anyway.

Ed Werder is the ESPN reporter that has followed Tebow around. I haven't seen him give a biased report one way or the other.

turftoad
11-06-2011, 09:03 PM

The last three weeks have been fair reporting. Maybe not the reports YOU may like to see but fair non the less.

lgenf
11-06-2011, 09:10 PM
The last three weeks have been fair reporting. Maybe not the reports YOU may like to see but fair non the less.

Folks I'm not talking about reporting, I get that. Many of these guys are paid for their opinion and though it may not be mine, it's there's and they get paid for it

I'm talking highlights, I want to see them showing Tebows good throws (shit there's only ten, can we see 3 or 4)

Each week they've shown at least three misses that were WAY OFF throws to further prove the point that he shouldn't play QB

With those belly read runs he ripped off today and those bullet throws right into the WR I jus want to see equal video coverage

Cause this much I know, if he played like the first half all game, and we lost, they'd be showing all that shit on tv as well

10/21 for 121
2 TDs
113 rushing yds

That is a damn fine game especially compared with the last two weeks

MOtorboat
11-06-2011, 09:13 PM
Whoa...temper the enthusiasm. It was an OK game. It was subpar when it comes to quarterback performances, but the touchdowns and the running make it a decent game by a football player.

That's why Elway keeps saying he's a good football player not a good quarterback.

Slick
11-06-2011, 09:15 PM
It was a team win like you said in the opening of your post.

The few good throws that tebow had, werent the reason we won the game.

Mobile Post via http://Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

lgenf
11-06-2011, 09:43 PM

Mobile Post via http://Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

Wasn't saying they were

But the throws this week were way better than last weeks throws

That was progression which is what everyone said they wanted to see

hamrob
11-06-2011, 10:00 PM

Mobile Post via http://Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forumsThe good throws that Tebow had were a big reason that we won the game. Two of them were for TD's and at least a couple others were for first downs.

It was a Team Win, but Tebow was a very big part of that win...do't try to slight him.

wayninja
11-06-2011, 11:05 PM
I'm on the fence here. The talking heads in sports have been ripping Tebow the last two weeks (rightly so) saying that Fox should pull him if there isn't improvement. This is definitely improvement, but for some reason I can't help but feel most of the talking heads will dismiss it.

Ravage!!!
11-07-2011, 12:06 AM
I'm on the fence here. The talking heads in sports have been ripping Tebow the last two weeks (rightly so) saying that Fox should pull him if there isn't improvement. This is definitely improvement, but for some reason I can't help but feel most of the talking heads will dismiss it.

Because he still threw for only 47% on 21 passing attempts. He was running the "option." He can't throw the ball, and although he ran well, still looked bad when asked to throw. Will they dismiss the win? No...they will say " a win is a win, but the QBing play itself was bad." They would be right.

Good QBers and QBing has lost a lot of games... just as BAD QBers and QBing have won games. Tebow contributed, that can't be denied.

wayninja
11-07-2011, 12:32 AM
Because he still threw for only 47% on 21 passing attempts. He was running the "option." He can't throw the ball, and although he ran well, still looked bad when asked to throw. Will they dismiss the win? No...they will say " a win is a win, but the QBing play itself was bad." They would be right.

Good QBers and QBing has lost a lot of games... just as BAD QBers and QBing have won games. Tebow contributed, that can't be denied.

Hello talking head. He's a bad 2-1 quarter back who just ran for 117 yards and threw 2 TD's without turning the ball over. I'll take that 'bad' QB in almost every game this year, thank you very much.

Funny, Palmer had a MUCH worse outing than Tebow, but you simply won't hear that head to head comparison. You'll probably hear that Carson was bad, but somehow it won't be the same 'bad' as Tebow... That's just how it is for the guy I guess.

Ravage!!!
11-07-2011, 01:31 AM
Hello talking head. He's a bad 2-1 quarter back who just ran for 117 yards and threw 2 TD's without turning the ball over. I'll take that 'bad' QB in almost every game this year, thank you very much.

Funny, Palmer had a MUCH worse outing than Tebow, but you simply won't hear that head to head comparison. You'll probably hear that Carson was bad, but somehow it won't be the same 'bad' as Tebow... That's just how it is for the guy I guess.

Carson was horrible. Has nothing to do with Tebow.

wayninja
11-07-2011, 01:47 AM
Carson was horrible. Has nothing to do with Tebow.

I didn't say it did. I simply said that despite the win and better play, Carson will still be hailed as the 'superior' QB.

Ravage!!!
11-07-2011, 01:56 AM
I didn't say it did. I simply said that despite the win and better play, Carson will still be hailed as the 'superior' QB.

Mmm.. I don't think so. Not at this point in his career.

JaxBroncoGirl
11-07-2011, 09:23 AM
Let me explain ONE more time. Tebow can throw the ball. Has thrown the ball will get better throwing in the NFL. Yes, he can throw some ugly balls and have an ugly win. Yall are forgetting who he replaced, how much time has he had gelling with the "team" how about taking a win against the Raiders in their house and be good with that.

Yall just keep on and on about negatives with Tebow. Give the credit due for Monday and move on to next week on Tuesday.

Jsteve01
11-07-2011, 09:32 AM
Let me explain ONE more time. Tebow can throw the ball. Has thrown the ball will get better throwing in the NFL. Yes, he can throw some ugly balls and have an ugly win. Yall are forgetting who he replaced, how much time has he had gelling with the "team" how about taking a win against the Raiders in their house and be good with that.

Yall just keep on and on about negatives with Tebow. Give the credit due for Monday and move on to next week on Tuesday.

Sub 50% completions percentages won't cut it. Im sorry. I am ecstatic about the way he played yesterday, and he looked a ton better and more comfortable back there, but most of the throws he's missed have been on him. The jury is still out.

Nomad
11-07-2011, 09:38 AM

You're correct! Next week, he has to be better than yesterday to keep progressing. The BRONCOS as a team progressed as well, perhaps there may be a chance this was a confidence boost and turning point and this team starts gelling together.

Great win for the BRONCOS! Keep them comin!

lgenf
11-07-2011, 09:47 AM
You're correct! Next week, he has to be better than yesterday to keep progressing. The BRONCOS as a team progressed as well, perhaps there may be a chance this was a confidence boost and turning point and this team starts gelling together.

Great win for the BRONCOS! Keep them comin!

that's all we can hope for at this point, just get better each week and gell more and more

we will stumble for sure, we have some really tough teams coming up, and this week has me worried, the Chefs just got their ass handed to them by Miami and they will be pissed, we have to put this win behind us TODAY and get working on what will work against KC, Miami did not run crazy against them, and Moore had a BIG day throwing, I don't think that is our offense right now, so lets hope for a good gameplan and BIG defense again.

slim
11-07-2011, 09:53 AM
Baby steps....just a little better every week.

That is all I want.

FlyByU
11-07-2011, 10:15 AM
Well Tebow wins another start and is .500 for his career as a starter.

Slick
11-07-2011, 10:18 AM
Wasn't saying they were

The good throws that Tebow had were a big reason that we won the game. Two of them were for TD's and at least a couple others were for first downs.

It was a Team Win, but Tebow was a very big part of that win...do't try to slight him.

I was not trying to slight Tebow in the least. I was just saying you won't see a highlight package of Tim Tebow throwing the football. He definitely played much better and for once, got some help from his team. I think it's safe to say we are all happy about the win.

Nomad
11-07-2011, 10:20 AM
Skip Bayless should be Tebow's Agent!

Thnikkaman
11-07-2011, 10:22 AM
I loved the Tebow slide before the 2nd Willis TD. And the highlight of the game was this:

opHPAN3Pq0M At at the 14 second mark.

Juriga72
11-07-2011, 10:24 AM
Sub 50% completions percentages won't cut it. Im sorry. I am ecstatic about the way he played yesterday, and he looked a ton better and more comfortable back there, but most of the throws he's missed have been on him. The jury is still out.

His misses seem to me to be high. WHICH will kill us one day. In the first quarter he threw a ball on a square out to the left (Maybe 12 yard route IIRC) that was a good 10-15 feet high to a "NFL open reciever".... It was just one of those passes where you look at it and go..."hmmmmmm"

GREAT win...hell ANY win of the Faiders is a great win

Thnikkaman
11-07-2011, 10:26 AM
This was an excellent highlight as well.

8EPpaPQ3Ens

Thnikkaman
11-07-2011, 10:28 AM
Tebow Highlights

ep_CRKk1YGM

Dzone
11-07-2011, 10:37 AM
Anyone have a video of Mcgahees 2 touchdown runs?
I found this one against the raiders a couple years ago. Watch him abuse the raider DB on this one...lol
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qzCutN1tkfA

Thnikkaman
11-07-2011, 10:39 AM
Anyone have a video of Mcgahees touchdown runs?
I found this one against the raiders a couple years ago. Watch him abuse the raider DB on this one...lol
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qzCutN1tkfA

Look up about 3 posts, there is his second.

Thnikkaman
11-07-2011, 10:39 AM
Royal's PR To THE HOUSE!!!

54y-lgihIbw

wayninja
11-07-2011, 11:03 AM

I'm not sure I agree with that. He simply doesn't have to be like every other pure passer in the league to be successful. If he can get 100+ yards with his feet every game, he simply doesn't have to pass as well as Tom Brady to win.

wayninja
11-07-2011, 11:05 AM
I loved the Tebow slide before the 2nd Willis TD. And the highlight of the game was this:

opHPAN3Pq0M At at the 14 second mark.

Gotta love those classy Raider fans.

Superchop 7
11-07-2011, 11:23 AM
Mile High Salute !

Love it.

This Tebow kid ? All he does is win. (an enigma wrapped in a conundrum)

Superchop 7
11-07-2011, 11:30 AM
Some stats from rookie QBs......note the TD to INT ratios.

a-Sam Bradford, St. Louis – 16 starts, 76.5 QB rating, 18 TD, 15 INT, 7-9 SU, 10-6 ATS
Jimmy Clausen, Carolina – 10 starts, 58.4 QB rating, 3 TD, 9 INT, 1-9 SU, 3-7 ATS

a-Mark Sanchez, New York Jets – 15 starts, 63.0 QB rating, 12 TD, 20 INT, 8-7 SU, 8-7 ATS
a-Matthew Stafford, Detroit – 10 starts, 61.0 QB rating, 13 TD, 20 INT, 2-8 SU, 3-7 ATS
Josh Freeman, Tampa Bay– 9 starts, 59.8 QB rating, 10 TD, 18 INT, 3-6 SU, 5-4 ATS

a-Joe Flacco, Baltimore – 16 starts, 80.3 QB rating, 14 TD, 12 INT, 11-5 SU, 12-4 ATS
a-Matt Ryan, Atlanta – 16 starts, 87.7 QB rating, 16 TD, 11 INT, 11-5 SU, 9-7 ATS

Trent Edwards, Buffalo – 10 starts, 70.4 QB rating, 7 TD, 8 INT, 5-4 SU, 7-2 ATS

lgenf
11-07-2011, 11:55 AM
Some stats from rookie QBs......note the TD to INT ratios.

a-Sam Bradford, St. Louis – 16 starts, 76.5 QB rating, 18 TD, 15 INT, 7-9 SU, 10-6 ATS
Jimmy Clausen, Carolina – 10 starts, 58.4 QB rating, 3 TD, 9 INT, 1-9 SU, 3-7 ATS

a-Mark Sanchez, New York Jets – 15 starts, 63.0 QB rating, 12 TD, 20 INT, 8-7 SU, 8-7 ATS
a-Matthew Stafford, Detroit – 10 starts, 61.0 QB rating, 13 TD, 20 INT, 2-8 SU, 3-7 ATS
Josh Freeman, Tampa Bay– 9 starts, 59.8 QB rating, 10 TD, 18 INT, 3-6 SU, 5-4 ATS

a-Joe Flacco, Baltimore – 16 starts, 80.3 QB rating, 14 TD, 12 INT, 11-5 SU, 12-4 ATS
a-Matt Ryan, Atlanta – 16 starts, 87.7 QB rating, 16 TD, 11 INT, 11-5 SU, 9-7 ATS

Trent Edwards, Buffalo – 10 starts, 70.4 QB rating, 7 TD, 8 INT, 5-4 SU, 7-2 ATS

what is ATS?

Thnikkaman
11-07-2011, 12:03 PM
what is ATS?

Against the spread.