PDA

View Full Version : Did we just close out the Raiders with 24 unanswered points from being down 24-14?

Agent of Orange
11-06-2011, 07:37 PM
I was trying to remember the deficit that Denver came back from. I was thinking it was 10, no?

It sure feels nice winning a winnable game.

There are going to be games where we get trucked. Fine. Whatever. But we need to win as many winnable games as we can aside from the Lions and Packers type games. It makes a huge difference. We actually have to be in the mix for the division now, no?

RebelRocker
11-06-2011, 07:39 PM
What a win!!! Now that we're only one game out for the division lead, we have to do anything possible to stay in the hunt until we're eliminated. I don't care who's under center, as long as we win!!!

BroncoStud
11-06-2011, 07:41 PM
Tebow stepped up big today. Took a beating, didn't turn the ball over, and made plays when we needed him to. Did JUST enough to open up the running lanes for Willis.

Today was a great win.

SiouxperBronco
11-06-2011, 07:52 PM
Great Team win by the Broncos.....liked McCoy's game plan.

Juriga72
11-06-2011, 08:15 PM
Pffft.... I want Orton back throwing pick sixes...:)

broncofaninfla
11-06-2011, 08:17 PM
Damn good team win

Tned
11-06-2011, 08:38 PM
Good time to point out what I Tweeted a while back. With the Broncos.

Orton 0 wins in 17 games when trailing by 3+ points at half.
Tebow 2 wins in 4 games when trailing by 3+ points at half.

Agent of Orange
11-06-2011, 08:43 PM

Yeah, games just have a completely different feel. When Denver's down 10 points in the third with Orton at QB, you feel the game is over. When Tebow is the QB and Denver's down 10, you feel like things are about to get super exciting.

BroncoBJ
11-06-2011, 08:48 PM

:confused: Wern't we down by 10 against both the Cowboys and Pats at half? Also, thought we were down 3 or 6 or something against Cincy at half?

Tned
11-06-2011, 09:37 PM
:confused: Wern't we down by 10 against both the Cowboys and Pats at half? Also, thought we were down 3 or 6 or something against Cincy at half?

Well, I stole someone elses stat, Woody Paige and some others. We were actually up on Cincy, but down to NE and Dallas (3 points against Dallas).

The 0-17 streak must be following the 6-0 start, which would probably make him 2 wins in 19 times down 3+ at halftime overall.

Tned
11-06-2011, 09:41 PM
On a seperate note, what a beating he took. That officials crew is going to get bad grades on the two missed roughing the passer calls when Tebow got helmets under the chin. There's the one they talked about, and then there was the one at the end of the first half, when they didn't show the hit, but showed Tebow yelling at the ref with two of his helmet straps flapping loose. AFter the half they showed that helmet under chin hit.

I wouldn't be surprised if those result in fines, even though there were no flags.

BroncoBJ
11-06-2011, 09:44 PM
Well, I stole someone elses stat, Woody Paige and some others. We were actually up on Cincy, but down to NE and Dallas (3 points against Dallas).

The 0-17 streak must be following the 6-0 start, which would probably make him 2 wins in 19 times down 3+ at halftime overall.

:lol: Duh, we were up on Cincy. Not sure why I thought we were down since obviously the only TD they had was that one late, before we had that crazy Stokely TD against them. Yea, we were up 6-0 most the game. Probably just felt like we were down all game.

But yea, that stat probably is after the 6-0 start. Because we havn't done much winning since then :(

Tned
11-06-2011, 09:49 PM
:lol: Duh, we were up on Cincy. Not sure why I thought we were down since obviously the only TD they had was that one late, before we had that crazy Stokely TD against them. Yea, we were up 6-0 most the game. Probably just felt like we were down all game.

But yea, that stat probably is after the 6-0 start. Because we havn't done much winning since then :(

Most of us quote stats since the 6-0 stats, so that clear fluke run doesn't dampen the AWFUL run of games since.

Dreadnought
11-06-2011, 09:53 PM
I am impressed with TT's poise. After the beatings he's taken after that awful Lions game, and a ten point deficit, he didn't get seem to quit or down on himself. That was not the Orton style. Arguably Orton, Griese, and Plummer were all done in by their own inner demons by the end of their runs. All played very well on occasion,, but were all beaten men at the end. QB for the Broncos is a tough gig.

Tned
11-06-2011, 10:06 PM
I am impressed with TT's poise. After the beatings he's taken after that awful Lions game, and a ten point deficit, he didn't get seem to quit or down on himself. That was not the Orton style. Arguably Orton, Griese, and Plummer were all done in by their own inner demons by the end of their runs. All played very well on occasion,, but were all beaten men at the end. QB for the Broncos is a tough gig.

I'll disagree with you on Plummer, as it was a change in scheme in preperation for Cutler taking over that did in Plummer, but that's a coversation for another thread.

MOtorboat
11-06-2011, 10:09 PM
I don't think we've seen a Broncos team respond like that in the second half in a long time. (And I mean a long time).

A lot of things to work on, but its really hard to be upset with anything.

BroncoBJ
11-06-2011, 10:14 PM
I don't think we've seen a Broncos team respond like that in the second half in a long time. (And I mean a long time).

Yea, I agree with that. Also it feels wierd actually having the lead in the 4th quarter with 5 minutes left. Not use to trying to run the clock out in the 4th with a lead. Was a nice change and sure was nice to outscore them 24-0 after Fords TD catch.

G_Money
11-06-2011, 10:17 PM
Tim does not have the best QB skill or talent, but he does have thousand pound http://boston.barstoolsports.com/files/2011/10/brass-balls.png.

If the rest of our team, less-talented and less-skilled than many of their opponents, also wants to sack up and play with brass ones, I could enjoy the rest of this year a lot more than I was expecting to.

In that second half we played 30 minutes like the last 5 of the Miami game. Difference was, nobody can blame it on a prevent defense or surprise.

That was just "I'm a MAN" football and laying it all on the field.

Go Broncos. Be THOSE Broncos the rest of this year, win or lose, and I'll have not one bad word to say about you. :salute:

~G

Joel
11-06-2011, 10:20 PM
Yeah, 24 unanswered points: Their only score was their first second half drive, following our TD drive to start the half. We held a good offense scoreless essentially the whole second half. :shocked:

Slick
11-06-2011, 10:21 PM
The best thing about that win was multiple plays being made by several different guys. When was the last time we had 3 picks? Or a long touchdown run? A special teams touchdown? All in the same game?

The bazillion turnovers the raiders had sure didnt hurt either.

It was really nice for a change to see the rest of the team make some plays and take some of that pressure off of a young qb.

Mobile Post via http://Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

Dreadnought
11-06-2011, 10:39 PM
The best thing about that win was multiple plays being made by several different guys. When was the last time we had 3 picks? Or a long touchdown run? A special teams touchdown? All in the same game?

The bazillion turnovers the raiders had sure didnt hurt either.

It was really nice for a change to see the rest of the team make some plays and take some of that pressure off of a young qb.

Mobile Post via http://Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

* We closed out a win with a brutal 4 minute offense, using a pure running attack. When was the last time we did that?

* The defense didn't fold with a late lead, and held the Faid well in the 2nd half. A welcome change

* Most of all, this team did not play like heartless beaten losers. I'm sick of that act

* Loved winning a turnover battle. Loved a multiple Int game.

DenBronx
11-06-2011, 10:44 PM
Today was bad ass!!!! All I really cared about was giving the raiders a BEATDOWN and the Broncos delivered one.

Suck it raider fans!!!

wayninja
11-06-2011, 10:58 PM

I second that. Going into this game with 2 picks all season and then getting 3 today in the black hole felt really, really nice.

TXBRONC
11-07-2011, 12:54 AM

I would qualify that with saying that we have seen that in a long time against a team is suppose to be a lot better than the Broncos.

TXBRONC
11-07-2011, 12:57 AM
* We closed out a win with a brutal 4 minute offense, using a pure running attack. When was the last time we did that?

* The defense didn't fold with a late lead, and held the Faid well in the 2nd half. A welcome change

* Most of all, this team did not play like heartless beaten losers. I'm sick of that act

Not counting today's game I can't remember the last time we had multiple interception game.

dogfish
11-07-2011, 01:02 AM
Today was bad ass!!!! All I really cared about was giving the raiders a BEATDOWN and the Broncos delivered one.

Suck it raider fans!!!

yup. . . regardless of how things go from here, the season will be just that little bit sweeter because we didn't get swept by the fade, we paid them back in their house, and we kept them from grabbing first place on a day where they were probably counting on an easy win. . .

:werd:

Superchop 7
11-07-2011, 01:04 AM
Night and day with Tebow......he looked like a QB......good accuracy....good velocity.....much better mechanics......starting to click. I give alot of credit to Gase, it is obvious he is having an effect.

The team had good body english, they were ready to play.

Nice win.

Agent of Orange
11-07-2011, 08:37 AM
Night and day with Tebow......he looked like a QB......good accuracy....good velocity.....much better mechanics......starting to click. I give alot of credit to Gase, it is obvious he is having an effect.

Nice win.

It could be Gase...or it could also be finally getting time and experience.

I was a little disappointed last week because I felt the improvement wasnt there. Not only that, but I felt he might be getting worse even if it was his 5th start. I think part of it too is McCoy finding a rhythm on the play calling.

Tned
11-07-2011, 08:41 AM
It could be Gase...or it could also be finally getting time and experience.

I was a little disappointed last week because I felt the improvement wasnt there. Not only that, but I felt he might be getting worse even if it was his 5th start. I think part of it too is McCoy finding a rhythm on the play calling.

The Miami game was horrid and much worse than the three starts last year. Last week was better than the Miami game, in that his misses weren't as bad as against Miami. Then this week there was a pretty big jump in accuracy and getting rid of the ball, even with very strong blitz pressure.

On Gase, it's worth noting that McCoy said that Gase has been spending a couple extra hours with Tebow before and after each practice, either in meeting rooms or on the field, trying to get Tebow ready.

Thnikkaman
11-07-2011, 09:04 AM

Nice win.

Totally. There were a couple of missed routes in the beginning of the game, but it seemed like the right adjustments were made. I would love to see TT throw the ball a little more, but we didn't need to yesterday.

What a great game that was.

Mike
11-07-2011, 09:34 AM
I cheered out loud for the first time in a long time. My wife thought I was just yelling at something the team did wrong (par for the course over the last few years).

What a game. I can't remember when the team showed up and played so well as a team. Forget Tebow, McGahee, Royal, Champ. This was an all-around team win and it felt like it. Long time since I felt satisfied with a win.

Overall, they did a better job with the playcalling. I still wish they would lose the Tebow out of shotgun run up the middle play though.

I will be impressed with Fox if he can get the guys to play like that the rest of the year.

Superchop 7
11-07-2011, 10:06 AM
The Miami game was horrid and much worse than the three starts last year. Last week was better than the Miami game, in that his misses weren't as bad as against Miami. Then this week there was a pretty big jump in accuracy and getting rid of the ball, even with very strong blitz pressure.

On Gase, it's worth noting that McCoy said that Gase has been spending a couple extra hours with Tebow before and after each practice, either in meeting rooms or on the field, trying to get Tebow ready.

__________________________________________________ _______________________________

I did not know that......nice work Gase.