PDA

View Full Version : Oktoberfest anyone?

Uncle Buck
10-06-2007, 01:57 PM
We’re invited to this big outdoor Oktoberfest shindig this afternoon, and man I don’t feel like a beer today! Anyone wanna go in my place? If so, turn left off of Belleview, then a right onto Centennial. Find a parking place when in earshot of the drunks. :beer:

At any rate, I have to go—at the unholy hour of 2 p.m. Can someone provide me with an excuse as to why “I have to leave,” so I can get home in time for the Rockies game tonight??? ;)

Kapaibro
10-06-2007, 02:01 PM
We’re invited to this big outdoor Oktoberfest shindig this afternoon, and man I don’t feel like a beer today! Anyone wanna go in my place? If so, turn left off of Belleview, then a right onto Centennial. Find a parking place when in earshot of the drunks. :beer:

At any rate, I have to go—at the unholy hour of 2 p.m. Can someone provide me with an excuse as to why “I have to leave,” so I can get home in time for the Rockies game tonight??? ;)

I have to see the Rox sweep the Phillies!

That is all that needs to be said.

Jody
10-06-2007, 02:38 PM

1. Why don't you feel like having a beer today?
2. Do you not like the company you will be in?
3. Hearing the drunks is where you find out where you DON'T want to park.

Here I was thinking you were off and running to the Oktoberfest, forgetting you are one hour behind me in time. :D You have another 20 minutes to fret about it. :beer: I haven't been to but only one Oktoberfest - 20 + years ago. I have no idea what the festivities are all about (only that it's German).
Tell me more when time! I'd like to hear more.

Denver Native (Carol)
10-06-2007, 02:48 PM

Uncle Buck - Kap has it totally right. That is exactly what you need to say :elefant:

Kapaibro
10-06-2007, 03:04 PM
Uncle Buck - Kap has it totally right. That is exactly what you need to say :elefant:

Heck, I have 2 parties I have been invited to. But, NO!

NZ vs France in the Rugby World Cup

Rox vs Phillies @ Coor's Field! I prioritise!

Oooooooooooooooo and Snapp's Poke's are up 14-6.

Denver Native (Carol)
10-06-2007, 03:45 PM
Heck, I have 2 parties I have been invited to. But, NO!

NZ vs France in the Rugby World Cup

Rox vs Phillies @ Coor's Field! I prioritise!

Oooooooooooooooo and Snapp's Poke's are up 14-6.

Kap - they are NOW up 24 - 14, AND, if you are watching it, my SON is the head referee :elefant::elefant: I told Snapp to take it easy on him today :laugh:

Kapaibro
10-06-2007, 03:49 PM
Kap - they are NOW up 24 - 14, AND, if you are watching it, my SON is the head referee :elefant::elefant: I told Snapp to take it easy on him today :laugh:

I am just about to puke.

Nz lost 20-18b to the French in the 1/4 finals.

Just ugh:shocked:

Jody
10-06-2007, 03:57 PM
I am just about to puke.

Nz lost 20-18b to the French in the 1/4 finals.

Just ugh:shocked:

And just think, you could have been at one of two parties! :D

But Noooooooo...... :tsk:

Kapaibro
10-06-2007, 04:17 PM
And just think, you could have been at one of two parties! :D

But Noooooooo...... :tsk:

Pokes won 24-21

Escobar
10-06-2007, 04:26 PM
whats wrong with this guy? :confused:

Kapaibro
10-06-2007, 04:33 PM

He'd rather watch a damn fine baseball team potentially win than go to a beer fest.

I don't see anything wrong with what he's thinking about.

TXBRONC
10-06-2007, 05:28 PM

Have you ever felt like you didn't go to social outing?

Jody
10-06-2007, 07:44 PM
I looked it up....Oktoberfest.

I thought there was so much more to the event, but no......

Ok·to·ber·fest (ŏk-tō'bər-fĕst')
n.
An autumn festival that usually emphasizes merrymaking and the consumption of beer

So, throw some leaves in your livingroom, grab a six pack of your favorite brew, and watch football.....that's an Oktoberfest. :D

Uncle Buck
10-06-2007, 07:46 PM

Kap and DN:

Thanks, and yep, honesty is usually the best approach. I say "usually" cuz of running the risk of insulting the host, i.e., "I'd rather be home watchin' the Rox than to be here eatin' your brats n' kraut and drinking your German beer." :D

But, anyway, as it turned out, my other half was home with a bad cold, which made it easy to bolt gracefully. "I have to go and look after her, see if she needs anything."

With that, one wise guy broadcasted, "Yeah and watch the Rockies play!" I just gave him a knowing grin. :cool:

Uncle Buck
10-06-2007, 07:53 PM

So, throw some leaves in your livingroom, grab a six pack of your favorite brew, and watch football.....that's an Oktoberfest. :D

You are sooo *funny*, bratface! :D

<still laffin'... :laugh:>

Actually, there's more to it than that. They left out the "Chicken Dance." You just can't get that at your everyday, run of the mill festival!

Requiem / The Dagda
10-06-2007, 08:50 PM
For a second their Uncle Buck I thought you were going to get us goin' on the real Oktoberfest. :beer:

dogfish
10-07-2007, 12:03 AM

So, throw some leaves in your livingroom, grab a six pack of your favorite brew, and watch football.....that's an Oktoberfest.

whaaaat? you completely forgot bratwurst and sauerkraut! that's a heinous ommission. . . and not just any beer qualifies, either. . . it should be a good german marzen-style-- paulaner works quite nicely, and the becks is just fine if you only have a basic selection available. . .

:beer::beer:

buck, i figured this would be your kind of party-- i thought you'd be there with bells on. . .

Kapaibro
10-07-2007, 12:07 AM
BUt he got to watch the Rox sweep the Phillies!

And THAT is all that really counts tonight!

TXBRONC
10-07-2007, 12:08 AM
whaaaat? you completely forgot bratwurst and sauerkraut! that's a heinous ommission. . . and not just any beer qualifies, either. . . it should be a good german marzen-style-- paulaner works quite nicely, and the becks is just fine if you only have a basic selection available. . .

:beer::beer:

buck, i figured this would be your kind of party-- i thought you'd be there with bells on. . .

Maybe not bells but an ipod or an iphone. :D