PDA

View Full Version : Report: Broncos could turn to Quinn, soon

DenBronx
11-06-2011, 12:54 PM
Posted by Mike Florio on November 6, 2011, 10:51 AM EST

Getty Images
How short is the leash on Broncos quarterback Tim Tebow? According to ESPN’s Adam Schefter, who once worked that beat for the Denver Post, Tebow could be down to his last chance.

Per Schefter, continued regression by Tebow will result in the Broncos benching him, with the team possibly turning to Brady Quinn. Schefter also says that Quinn is expected to be activated on Sunday, for the first time in three games.

READ FULL ARTICLE:
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/11/06/report-broncos-could-turn-to-quinn-soon/

dogfish
11-06-2011, 12:57 PM
FML!

:mad:

camdisco24
11-06-2011, 12:59 PM
This would be too soon, but I think Fox and friends are ready to end the Tebow era before it's truly given a chance to start.

DenBronx
11-06-2011, 01:00 PM
Goodbye 3rd round pick. :tsk:

LTC Pain
11-06-2011, 01:04 PM
Goodbye 3rd round pick. :tsk:

Goodbye all the picks we gave up to move up to select TT :(

dogfish
11-06-2011, 01:05 PM
goodbye, cruel world! :tsk:

:laugh:

Lancane
11-06-2011, 01:07 PM
Goodbye all the picks we gave up to move up to select TT :(

Why? We're going to lose Fells and Royal, we need a Tight End/Slot Receiver, I think he'll do good in that role.

DenBronx
11-06-2011, 01:09 PM
I'm curious to see what Quinn can do but I disagree if it costs us a 3rd. He ISNT under contract next year so we will just be wasting it. I hope we give TT at least 5 more weeks.

LTC Pain
11-06-2011, 01:12 PM
Why? We're going to lose Fells and Royal, we need a Tight End/Slot Receiver, I think he'll do good in that role.

Lancane,

If I could find anything other than folks on this board making that spin (TT playing TE or slot receiver) then I might buy it. I'm not going to assume it may develop based on bulletin board chatter. TT has said he wants to succeeed as an NFL QB. If you've read something else, please post it for the reading audience.

DenBronx
11-06-2011, 01:13 PM
IIRC We give up a 3rd if Quinn plays 70% or more snaps over 2010 and 2011. That's two years.

So maybe even if we play him now it will still be a 6th in 2012. Even if he came in next week then that would put him under the 70% snaps ratio I think.

Not sure.

tomjonesrocks
11-06-2011, 01:15 PM
What does Quinn have to accomplish to lose the 3rd? Simply walking on the field?

I agree though--just play Tebow the rest of the year and see if he improves. If he and the team get their heads beat in and lose every game along the way--what difference does it really make? This team is MILES from being really competitive. We're basically going to be going through the motions for the next few years until we can get a few drafts worth of talent in.

T.K.O.
11-06-2011, 01:22 PM
I think the FO knows anything can (and usually does) happen in this league and they have yet to "throw in the towel"
with the div. lead tied at 4-3 and a possibility of all 3 teams at the top losing today...they might think winning is still an option:shocked:

LTC Pain
11-06-2011, 01:23 PM
I'd give TT three more games to show "significant improvement". If he can't achieve this then play Quinn. That's five NFL games total started this season and all the associated 1st team reps in practice.

tomjonesrocks
11-06-2011, 01:26 PM
I think the FO knows anything can (and usually does) happen in this league and they have yet to "throw in the towel"
with the div. lead tied at 4-3 and a possibility of all 3 teams at the top losing today...they might think winning is still an option:shocked:

DAMN this division is bad...:coffee:

HORSEPOWER 56
11-06-2011, 01:41 PM
FML!

:mad:

Exactly, there goes a 3rd round pick... FOR NOTHING!!!! :mad:

Northman
11-06-2011, 01:55 PM
I dont care what they do with him. Maybe Quinn comes in and plays well or better than the other two who knows. Will just have to see how it plays out but apparently they feel the same way i do that that Tebow hasnt progressed "enough" to warrant keeping him as the starter (unless he lights it up today).

Tned
11-06-2011, 01:55 PM
Exactly, there goes a 3rd round pick... FOR NOTHING!!!! :mad:

Do we know this? As I've stated multiple times, I have yet to find the details of the Hillis/Quinn trade anywhere, to find out what the condition is for the pick we owe Cleveland next year.

Tned
11-06-2011, 01:56 PM
Vic Lombardi:

RT @VicLombardi: Ok, so we've confirmed that Brady Quinn is the #2 QB today. But get this, he got zero reps at practice this week.

Northman
11-06-2011, 02:01 PM
Im not shocked he didnt get reps. Tebow needs all the work he can get right now with the starters.

Tned
11-06-2011, 02:04 PM
Im not shocked he didnt get reps. Tebow needs all the work he can get right now with the starters.

I don't think that's the shocker, but that he would be the number two in this game over Orton, since Orton has had much more work with the first team offense this year.

Northman
11-06-2011, 02:09 PM
I don't think that's the shocker, but that he would be the number two in this game over Orton, since Orton has had much more work with the first team offense this year.

They arent going to bring Orton back in. I just dont see it and it would just make things that much more uncomfortable with the fanbase as it is. If they brought Orton back in that would create more problems than solve.

Tned
11-06-2011, 02:12 PM
They arent going to bring Orton back in. I just dont see it and it would just make things that much more uncomfortable with the fanbase as it is. If they brought Orton back in that would create more problems than solve.

I wasn't talking long term, I meant in a game. If Tebow goes out there and severealy stinks things up in first half, you could bring Orton in to finish the game, and then name Quinn the Starter on Monday and give him a week of prep.

That's all I meant. Quinn would have a better chance to succeed that way.

HORSEPOWER 56
11-06-2011, 02:13 PM
Do we know this? As I've stated multiple times, I have yet to find the details of the Hillis/Quinn trade anywhere, to find out what the condition is for the pick we owe Cleveland next year.

Wasn't there an article posted on this very forum about that back in the preseason or shortly thereafter? I think Carol posted it. It was from a Cleveland paper talking about if Quinn meets certain criteria (I think it was some % of the snaps in either season - not in both) that our pick to Cleveland for him goes from a 6th to a 3rd. I know there was an article about it. Honestly, I'm not just making it up.

With Quinn being the penned in #2 today, I'd bet that if Tebow is playing like he was last week, we'll see Quinn after halftime. I don't think Quinn will be any better, but I've got a feeling that's the plan.

I Eat Staples
11-06-2011, 02:15 PM
Shannon Sharpe said Tebow makes JaMarcus Russell look like Warren Moon. :lol:

Let me guess, he's just a blind hater right? Surely everyone who thinks poorly of Tebow just hates him right? It's not like he could really just be that bad. :coffee:

Tned
11-06-2011, 02:20 PM
Wasn't there an article posted on this very forum about that back in the preseason or shortly thereafter? I think Carol posted it. It was from a Cleveland paper talking about if Quinn meets certain criteria (I think it was some % of the snaps in either season - not in both) that our pick to Cleveland for him goes from a 6th to a 3rd. I know there was an article about it. Honestly, I'm not just making it up.

With Quinn being the penned in #2 today, I'd bet that if Tebow is playing like he was last week, we'll see Quinn after halftime. I don't think Quinn will be any better, but I've got a feeling that's the plan.

I've posted multiple times about the subject, including "speculating" that it could go as high as a 3rd (based on how many of these conditional picks are setup), but I have never seen an article laying it out. If it was posted, I don't recall ever seeing it.

BroncoStud
11-06-2011, 02:20 PM
Our QB situation is comically horrific. The fact that we gave up so much to bring these guys in is even worse.

Tned
11-06-2011, 02:23 PM

This thread of mine may be what you are remembering: http://www.broncosforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=290138

As you can see, nobody seemed to have any clue. If there was something else, I have never been able to find it.

bcbronc
11-06-2011, 03:26 PM
Personally, I'd give Tebow the next 4 weeks...we visit all the AFCW barns over that span so it would be worth seeing how Tebow does vs the division before pulling the plug.

With that said, it's still up to Tebow to show improvement from week to week. You expect ups and downs from any young player, especially a QB but you still have to see an upwards trend overall. And lets be brutally honest, there's a lot of room for improvement in Tebow's game, so if he can't show strides week to week then it's doubtful he'll make the improvements needed to be a legit starter in this league any time soon.

As for Quinn, what other choice is there? We'll be in need of a veteran QB next season regardless of what happens with Tebow and at the draft, so there's some sense in giving Quinn a few starts and seeing if he's worth re-signing in the offseason. But if we don't give Quinn even a look (and Tebow keeps playing like he has) then no way Quinn would come back and having a vet that's been with the team already will benefit a rookie starter imo.

catfish
11-06-2011, 03:26 PM
This thread of mine may be what you are remembering: http://www.broncosforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=290138

As you can see, nobody seemed to have any clue. If there was something else, I have never been able to find it.

this is all I could find

http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2010/03/cleveland_browns_will_benefit.html

lgenf
11-06-2011, 03:35 PM
Well after we win today, this will all be a moot point

Tebow will finish the year, and the team can concentrate on other areas of concern

and if that isn't true, then Tebow will continue to suck ass, we will continue to lose, and we will pick higher in the draft which should make the fans happier

Tned
11-06-2011, 03:36 PM
this is all I could find

http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2010/03/cleveland_browns_will_benefit.html

That article from 2010 says:

The draft pick the Browns receive in 2012 in the Brady Quinn trade to Denver can be as high as the third round, a league source said, or as low as the sixth.

Those conditions are based on playing time over the 2010 and 2011 seasons.

So, it looks like he can definately be as high as a 3rd, but the question is whether or not taking over in game 8 or 9 would allow him to meet whatever the condition is to trigger the jump from a 6th to a 3rd.

Lancane
11-06-2011, 03:52 PM
So, it looks like he can definately be as high as a 3rd, but the question is whether or not taking over in game 8 or 9 would allow him to meet whatever the condition is to trigger the jump from a 6th to a 3rd.

It's probably based on the majority of snaps on offense T, so if he plays in the final nine games then more then likely it will be a third, if he plays in the final three then a sixth or that would be my best guess. It's also possible that Quinn gets the nod, if he struggles then the team is forced to go to Weber and that would negate the terms leaving Denver will only having to forfeit a sixth round pick as well.

Tned
11-06-2011, 03:54 PM
It's probably based on the majority of snaps on offense T, so if he plays in the final nine games then more then likely it will be a third, if he plays in the final three then a sixth or that would be my best guess. It's also possible that Quinn gets the nod, if he struggles then the team is forced to go to Weber and that would negate the terms leaving Denver will only having to forfeit a sixth round pick as well.

The question is whether majority of snaps in one year was enough, or if he needed to take the majority of snaps in 2010 and 2011 combined.

BigSarge87
11-06-2011, 03:54 PM
So basically there's no point in putting Quinn in at all. But, we're going to anyway. Got it.

Lancane
11-06-2011, 03:57 PM
It was just reported that Brady Quinn is active and the number two quarterback for the game!

:shocked:

Lancane
11-06-2011, 03:58 PM
The question is whether majority of snaps in one year was enough, or if he needed to take the majority of snaps in 2010 and 2011 combined.

Hmmm... That's a great question T, and I am clueless. Hopefully that's the case if we do in fact play him.

chazoe60
11-06-2011, 04:00 PM
It was just reported that Brady Quinn is active and the number two quarterback for the game!

:shocked:

Is Orton inactave? :laugh:

Lancane
11-06-2011, 04:02 PM
Is Orton inactave? :laugh:

For the game? Yes, he's not active...he's riding the pine's pine!

Thestrategist1
11-06-2011, 04:06 PM
It wouldnt makes sense to throw Quinn out there today!!!! no starter reps and a game on thursday. just dont see it... GO Broncos

bcbronc
11-06-2011, 04:09 PM
Hmmm... That's a great question T, and I am clueless. Hopefully that's the case if we do in fact play him.

I'm guessing the FO is aware of the trade details and they're savvy enough not to throw away 3 rounds of draft position just to play a guy they're going to let walk in the offseason anyway. If not, we're screwed. :lol:

Mike
11-06-2011, 04:23 PM
I'm guessing the FO is aware of the trade details and they're savvy enough not to throw away 3 rounds of draft position just to play a guy they're going to let walk in the offseason anyway. If not, we're screwed. :lol:

I wouldn't put anything past these bunch of clowns.

BroncoStud
11-06-2011, 04:29 PM
So basically there's no point in putting Quinn in at all. But, we're going to anyway. Got it.

Yes. We need our picks more now than ever and we might just be stupid enough to put him in and put them at risk. Stupid, stupid, stupid. Activate Weber if you have to, just don't put Quinn in.

LTC Pain
11-06-2011, 05:48 PM
Alright, I'm convinced. Tebow blows. He can't hit the broadside of a barn as far as accuracy is concerned. If someone sees development in that first half abortion of football I'm all eyes. Put Quinn in for the second half.

SmilinAssasSin27
11-06-2011, 06:10 PM

Agreed. There had to be a freason he was inactive to this point, right? Perhps the FO isn't as dumb as many here would like to think...

lgenf
11-06-2011, 08:00 PM
And now this thread can die.......

dogfish
11-06-2011, 08:00 PM
well, so much for that. . .

:welcome:

MileHiWildcat
11-06-2011, 08:01 PM
Report: Some "Reports" are utter nonsense. Tebow sends the haters a BIG F U.

MileHiWildcat
11-06-2011, 08:02 PM
Alright, I'm convinced. Tebow blows. He can't hit the broadside of a barn as far as accuracy is concerned. If someone sees development in that first half abortion of football I'm all eyes. Put Quinn in for the second half.

ROTLMFAO.....You were saying ????