PDA

View Full Version : Hello from a MIA Broncos fan

keithbishop
11-05-2011, 06:29 PM
Haven't logged in in.... I can't remember how long. Haven't turned my TV on in over a month (watching a movie with my girl tonight, though.... better make sure my TV still works...LOL).

I've been following the scores and get updates from SouthStander (Thanks, Mac), the rest of my time goes to work, church, my relationship, my family....... and Genesis Health Club, my home away from home.

I had to be every bit of 265# in the May 16th pics ....
Weighed in at 202.8# this morning.

I was still at 255# on July 4th

Returned to classes at Genesis July 15th
I've been taking 12 classes per week for a while now --
1/3 weight lifting/ 1/3 cardio/ 1/3 yoga

My favorite classes are Yoga -- favorite Yoga class is Group Centergy

Had my 1st of 24 sessions with a personal trainer the other day--
My new goal is to rebulid in weightlifting from the ground up.
My form was crap. That will not be the case at the end of the sessions.

My goal was to reach 200# by Christmas
Moved the goal date up to Thanksgiving a month ago
I will hit my target weight in the next few days.... no need to count calories on Thanksgiving.

I average 2200 calories per day
Minimum of 165 grams protein on non workout days (normally weekends -- had my 1st Saturday off of the year today)
Minimum of 210 grams protein on weekdays

May 16, 2011

http://i618.photobucket.com/albums/tt263/DavidGphotos/BEFORE%20pics%20May%202011/Picture509.jpg

http://i618.photobucket.com/albums/tt263/DavidGphotos/BEFORE%20pics%20May%202011/Picture510.jpg

November 5, 2011

http://i618.photobucket.com/albums/tt263/DavidGphotos/AFTER%20Pics%2011-5-11/Picture751.jpg

http://i618.photobucket.com/albums/tt263/DavidGphotos/AFTER%20Pics%2011-5-11/Picture749.jpg

My favorite : Pic of my girl and I today .... I quit on myself and on us this spring..... she didn't quit on me, though..... took her 1st Yoga class with me this morning. VERY happy couple.
http://i618.photobucket.com/albums/tt263/DavidGphotos/AFTER%20Pics%2011-5-11/Picture736.jpg

JPPT1974
11-05-2011, 08:07 PM
Good for you! Congrats!

Tned
11-05-2011, 08:24 PM
Hey, Congrats. Thanks for sharing and great job.

GEM
11-06-2011, 08:27 AM
Yay!! Nice job, buddy! It is good to see you back around. Congrats on the lifestyle changes. Keep up the hard work and enjoy the results of all the hard work!

keithbishop
11-06-2011, 12:47 PM
I had a plan this spring, too, but the growth spurt I had apparently hoped would carry me from 5'11" to 6'8" never arrived. :lol:

Gotta laugh..... and being just the right combo of goofy/uncoordinated brings endless opportunities to do so. I love the fact that I can really get after it, but, at least once per week (usually more) .... I find myself in moments like this :

Friday in Vinyassa Flow Yoga class :
(thoughts , not spoken out loud, thankfully)
"Hey..... I'm in a plank..... why is everyone else in a lunge?"

It took a couple months for me to work through some anger issues (self directed). Things started to take off for me in mid-September, when the lessons yoga teaches on "breathe.... learn to relax" merged with a strong appreciation of my blessings.

T.K.O.
11-06-2011, 01:11 PM
One question.....are you ordering a Pizza in pics #1 & #2 ?:laugh:
seriously great job...i admire your efforts.
i hope to drop about 20 lbs this winter...but i rarely put any work in to achieve it....winter sucks in the NW corner of montana .
I need to start skiing again or chopping wood or having alot more sex:D
I don't have a wood stove anymore and I can't afford to ski....I hope my wife likes plan C :elefant:

Davii
11-06-2011, 01:30 PM
Looking good Keith! Keep up the hard work, you will reach your goals.

SR
11-06-2011, 02:27 PM
Looking good bronameth! It's good to see you around again. I remember you from the other board from years ago. Keep up the good work! If you ever have any supplement questions or anything like that, we started a workout thread that a few of us post in from time to time.

keithbishop
11-06-2011, 03:32 PM
One question.....are you ordering a Pizza in pics #1 & #2 ?:laugh:
seriously great job...i admire your efforts.
i hope to drop about 20 lbs this winter...but i rarely put any work in to achieve it....winter sucks in the NW corner of montana .
I need to start skiing again or chopping wood or having alot more sex:D
I don't have a wood stove anymore and I can't afford to ski....I hope my wife likes plan C :elefant:

LMAO!!!!

Yeah, needed something solid to chase the 6 pack of RC cola earlier in the day and 6 pack of St Pauli Girl that night down with. CRAZY with a capital "C" -- Really easy to list everything I drink these days:

1. Water, water, water, water, water and more water
2. Vitamin Water Zero for electrolytes (and flavor -- hooked on the acai blueberry pomegranate -- at least 1 bottle per day on workout days)
3. Gatorade 03 recover (I take 4 classes on Mondays -- helps recharge)
4. Skim Milk (for protein shakes)
5. V8 (I wanna be like Jackie Chan... actually, the Spicy Hot V8 is a nice change of pace)
6. Water
7. Diet Cranberry juice (for protein shakes)
8. Water
9. Coffee on occasion
10. Water

Dat's it.

Hey.... tell your wife there are several references in "The Eat-Clean Diet" book by Tosca Reno (my bible of food intake.... a lot of common sense things lie within the pages.... along with tips that led to sweeping changes for me)..... to a healthy sex life helping with healthy numbers on the scale.

Worth a shot. :cool:

keithbishop
11-06-2011, 03:34 PM
Looking good bronameth! It's good to see you around again. I remember you from the other board from years ago. Keep up the good work! If you ever have any supplement questions or anything like that, we started a workout thread that a few of us post in from time to time.

Sounds like I need to become a regular in that thread. I'm a newbie to this stuff, but have learned a tip or 3 along the way. ;)

keithbishop
11-06-2011, 03:36 PM
Looking good Keith! Keep up the hard work, you will reach your goals.

Thanks, man! Best part is that the goals get bigger and bigger.

Denver Native (Carol)
11-06-2011, 03:36 PM
Congratulations, and welcome back - great to see you are accomplishing your goals.:salute:

keithbishop
11-11-2011, 02:00 AM
One more thing. Nita became my fiancee today. December 4th marks 2 years as a couple.
We have a date set, but it is quite a ways off.

I will say no more on the matter (OTHER THAN I AM EVEN MORE FIRED UP THAN NORMAL ... lol).

My past does not dictate my future. As Carol and any number of others from here or the "other" site know.... I got my heart ripped out of my chest after telling the world I was going to be married in 2009. Healed up just fine. Even tough guys get their a$$ kicked on occasion....

Strange, I was humiliated at telling so many people so much about a "big day" that never happened. OK, less humiliated than depressed.

Today's news is what it is. I don't have a clue what tomorrow will bring. I have absolutely no fear, though. That's a victory in keith's book.

NorCalBronco7
11-11-2011, 02:17 AM
Awesome man great job. :salute:

keithbishop
11-11-2011, 11:06 PM
Unreal ..... today can't compare with getting engaged yesterday (duh) ....

BUT I HIT MY TARGET WEIGHT!!!

Before pics May 2011 -- 265# .... easy.... wasn't that the REAL Keith Bishop's approximate weight? He was taller than my 5'11", wasn't he? :lol:

July 4th -- 255#

11-11-11 -- 199.4#

Nita 11-11-11 -- The picture doesn't do her lovely green eyes any justice at all.

http://i618.photobucket.com/albums/tt263/DavidGphotos/image1.jpg