PDA

View Full Version : Broncos' Elvis Dumervil is still seeking his first sack of the season

Denver Native (Carol)
11-05-2011, 01:28 PM
Since Dec. 27, 2009, the Broncos have played 24 games, fired a head coach, lured John Elway​ back into the organization to run their football operations, hired a new head coach and stirred up one of the most-documented quarterback controversies in the NFL's modern era.

And yet Elvis Dumervil still waits. Waits for what has come in bunches for most of his football life, for what defined him in his career.

Namely, sacks.

"Sacks are what my position is about," Dumervil said. "Sacks are the stats, sacks are what I do. Of course I'm frustrated, but it's not the tough things that come your way that make or break you — it's how you handle them. I'm trying to handle it the best I can.

rest of article - http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_19269444

DenBronx
11-05-2011, 02:04 PM
I know Tebow has been a disappointment so far but I think Dumervil has been just as big of a disappointment. Here is a verteran who led the league in sacks in 2009 and has had zero since then. I know he's injured but he did get a fat payday and high expectations came with the contract.

But, I just wish we would have stayed with the 3-4. He fit much better in that type of defense.

Ravage!!!
11-05-2011, 02:06 PM
we don' thave the personnel for the 34

DenBronx
11-05-2011, 02:11 PM

Yeah we did either when we switched in 2009 and started bringing in the pieces for it only to pull the plug and switch back to a 4-3. What we really needed was a NT.

Not sure how Von Miller would do in a 3-4 though. Clay Matthews is a beast in it so I don't see why Miller couldnt play that role?

I will say that Bunkley has done very well as a DT in the 4-3.

Denver Native (Carol)
11-05-2011, 02:23 PM
I know Tebow has been a disappointment so far but I think Dumervil has been just as big of a disappointment. Here is a verteran who led the league in sacks in 2009 and has had zero since then. I know he's injured but he did get a fat payday and high expectations came with the contract.

But, I just wish we would have stayed with the 3-4. He fit much better in that type of defense.

Even if we would have stayed with the 3-4, that would not have made a difference in all of his injuries - in the onfield time he has missed, etc.

broncofaninfla
11-05-2011, 02:50 PM
Doom is by far a better OLB in a 3/4 than DE in a 4/3.

Davii
11-05-2011, 03:52 PM
He gets sack #1 of Carson Palmer tomorrow. Maybe 2 and 3 as well.

broncofaninfla
11-05-2011, 05:06 PM

I sure hope you are right. Their OL dominated our DL in the previous meeting. Hopefully our guys have a better showing this time around.

DenBronx
11-05-2011, 05:13 PM

Love the optimism.

Hope he does just that.

vettesplus
11-05-2011, 06:56 PM
just another overpaid flop.... trade him and tebow and clean the slate....

Davii
11-05-2011, 07:14 PM
just another overpaid flop.... trade him and tebow and clean the slate....

Goods thing you're not the GM, we wouldn't have anyone on this team. We also would've gotten rid of every player we've ever had. They all had a bad year at some point, even Elway.

Dzone
11-05-2011, 08:03 PM
$14 Million this year to Dumervil. That in itself is a disaster. San Francisco hired Harbaugh for $5 million a year, but we couldnt afford him. &%$#@!!!

Lancane
11-05-2011, 09:16 PM
$14 Million this year to Dumervil. That in itself is a disaster. San Francisco hired Harbaugh for $5 million a year, but we couldnt afford him. &%$#@!!!

No one could have known that he'd fall victim to the injury bug D. It sucks that he's being paid so much for so little production. Heck, he's being out performed by Robert Ayers...who would have expected that?

Denver Native (Carol)
11-05-2011, 09:22 PM

Money had nothing to do with Harbaugh's decision - he/family wanted to stay in the area of the country they already were in.

Dzone
11-05-2011, 09:24 PM
No one could have known that he'd fall victim to the injury bug D. It sucks that he's being paid so much for so little production. Heck, he's being out performed by Robert Ayers...who would have expected that?
No, we didnt know this would happen, but yes it still sucks that we broke the bank for a guy who is contributing zero.
When we signed Dumervil, it seemed like the right thing to do at the time. Just another unlucky blow to the franchise.

Ravage!!!
11-05-2011, 09:46 PM
No, we didnt know this would happen, but yes it still sucks that we broke the bank for a guy who is contributing zero.
When we signed Dumervil, it seemed like the right thing to do at the time. Just another unlucky blow to the franchise.

The 14 million is not just for this ONE year. Also, to say that its a "done deal that it is a waste" is WAYYY premature.

Not signing Harbaugh had NOTHING to do with money. He wasn't going anywhere other than San Fran. Wayyyyyyyyyyy too early to be claiming Harbaugh is anything special, anyway.

Ziggy
11-05-2011, 09:55 PM

True....but we also don't have the personnel for a 43.

Canmore
11-05-2011, 10:22 PM
True....but we also don't have the personnel for a 43.

This is exactly what I was thinking. I think with the exceptions of Green Bay and Detroit the defense is playing OK and probably over their heads. If they could get some help from the offense, who has been nothing short of offensive. It starts with the quarterback position and that has been putrid all season. Orton and Tebow have stunk the place up. We must get better quarterback play. Getting McGahee back would be a help also.

Davii
11-06-2011, 08:20 PM
This is exactly what I was thinking. I think with the exceptions of Green Bay and Detroit the defense is playing OK and probably over their heads. If they could get some help from the offense, who has been nothing short of offensive. It starts with the quarterback position and that has been putrid all season. Orton and Tebow have stunk the place up. We must get better quarterback play. Getting McGahee back would be a help also.

All of the above work?

Doom played well today, solo sack, in on another, I think two pressures, swatted pass, in on the run stops...

Doom had a good game.