PDA

View Full Version : Great talk with Shannon, Scott & Al

Denver Native (Carol)
01-05-2009, 04:08 PM
Just heard this on am104.3 the fan - it is great. Don't know how to just get this one on, but click on the following link, and then click on listen for the entry on 1-5.

http://fm1043thefan.com/scottAndAl/podcasts.cfm

Broncos Mtnman
01-05-2009, 04:34 PM
I loved the part where Shannon talked about how at Dove Valley, we don't talk anything but football. We don't talk religion. We don't talk politics. We don't talk about our stocks. We only talk football.

Not an Obama bash here, but I wonder if some of the distractions this year was due to the vocal support of Obama by some of the young players. It seems like there were lots of things taking place in the locker room besides football this year.

I also really like his statement near the end....

"If you only do what they ask you to do, you'll never be a great football player." He went on to talk about how he took film home at nights, did the extra workouts, and other things to be the guy defensive coordinators had to worry about.

Good post :2thumbs:

Denver Native (Carol)
01-05-2009, 04:37 PM
It is fairly long, but definitely worth listening to.

Ziggy
01-05-2009, 04:43 PM
I just listened to it. I think that Shannon was right on the money. He talked about attitudes more than anything. He talked about the defensive celebrations over making a tackle when they were losing, and about BMarsh's hissy fit. None of it would have happened on the late 90's teams. They had too much leadership.

I've always been a fan of Shanahan the coach, but getting a new attitude in Dove Valley may be the best thing to happen to this team in many years.

Dean
01-05-2009, 05:06 PM
Shannon Sharpe's interview was outstanding! I don't see that type of commitment on the team by the "stars".

Slick
01-05-2009, 06:59 PM
Awesome Carol. Thanks.

LordTrychon
01-05-2009, 07:16 PM
Thanks for the heads up, Carol...

I'll have to listen to this tomorrow...

Or tonight if Dr. V passes out before I'm ready. lol. :laugh:

Den21vsBal19
01-06-2009, 09:51 AM
Thanks for the link, Carol.....................

Certainly helped stocktake go by for 1/2 an hour...............and well worth listening to :2thumbs:

Why is it though, that every time I listen to Shannon, I end up with a great big grin on my face? :confused: :lol:

Sounds like a pretty good analysis of the last couple of seasons though.........

tomjonesrocks
01-06-2009, 12:06 PM
Not an Obama bash here, but I wonder if some of the distractions this year was due to the vocal support of Obama by some of the young players.

:drinking:

Buff
01-06-2009, 12:09 PM
I loved the part where Shannon talked about how at Dove Valley, we don't talk anything but football. We don't talk religion. We don't talk politics. We don't talk about our stocks. We only talk football.

Not an Obama bash here, but I wonder if some of the distractions this year was due to the vocal support of Obama by some of the young players. It seems like there were lots of things taking place in the locker room besides football this year.

I don't remember you having any theories like that when Shanny introduced Bush back in 2000.

Requiem / The Dagda
01-06-2009, 12:34 PM
I don't remember you having any theories like that when Shanny introduced Bush back in 2000.

Neo-cons know their football.

Dreadnought
01-06-2009, 12:59 PM
Hows about anyone who wants can go discuss pros and cons of Obama in P&R? Thats what its for.

broncofaninfla
01-06-2009, 01:49 PM
I just listened to it. I think that Shannon was right on the money. He talked about attitudes more than anything. He talked about the defensive celebrations over making a tackle when they were losing, and about BMarsh's hissy fit. None of it would have happened on the late 90's teams. They had too much leadership.

I've always been a fan of Shanahan the coach, but getting a new attitude in Dove Valley may be the best thing to happen to this team in many years.

Hopefully Denver can sign some postive vocal leaders in free agency to compliment the young and up and coming talent we have.

Broncos Mtnman
01-06-2009, 05:59 PM

As I stated, not a bash. Apparently you're reading challenged.

By the way, I don't believe there was such a thing as a Broncos discussion board in 2000, but even if there was, I wasn't a part of it.

Oh, and didn't we make the playoffs in 2000? Guess that shoots a hole in your lame attempt at a comeback, doesn't it?

:coffee:

Broncos Mtnman
01-06-2009, 06:01 PM
:drinking:

Buff
01-06-2009, 06:22 PM
As I stated, not a bash. Apparently you're reading challenged.

By the way, I don't believe there was such a thing as a Broncos discussion board in 2000, but even if there was, I wasn't a part of it.

Oh, and didn't we make the playoffs in 2000? Guess that shoots a hole in your lame attempt at a comeback, doesn't it?

Yeah, the whole 'lack of a message board' thing does kind of shoot holes in my argument... I thought about that after I posted it...

But, c'mon, are you really going to try to connect the dots from an Obama presidency to a Broncos losing season? Are we really going to have that conversation?

And, since when does making the playoffs constitute a successful season? It beats not making the playoffs, but isn't that the year we got drubbed by Baltimore?

Denver Native (Carol)
01-06-2009, 06:26 PM
hows about anyone who wants can go discuss pros and cons of obama in p&r? Thats what its for.

bump

topscribe
01-06-2009, 06:26 PM
Yeah, the whole 'lack of a message board' thing does kind of shoot holes in my argument... I thought about that after I posted it...

But, c'mon, are you really going to try to connect the dots from an Obama presidency to a Broncos losing season? Are we really going to have that conversation?

And, since when does making the playoffs constitute a successful season? It beats not making the playoffs, but isn't that the year we got drubbed by Baltimore?

I didn't read Mtnman's comment that way. He did wonder whether it was a
factor in distraction, but I didn't see where he necessarily attributed it to a
losing season.

Maybe better wording would be, do you think the vocal political support may
have been a distracting factor? Something like that . . .

-----

topscribe
01-06-2009, 06:54 PM
After listening to that recording, I would like to see the Broncos give Rex Ryan an interview . . .

-----