PDA

View Full Version : How hard would it be...

msstate7
11-05-2011, 07:32 AM
For clady to make a move to rt? Im not saying he should or shouldn't but tebow needs as much help as he can get. Tebow has been terrible but so has Franklin and right now rt is the most important ol position since we're playing a lefty.

CrazyHorse
11-05-2011, 07:43 AM
I don't know. Depends on how versatile he is. I along with some other people think we should draft a RT and move Franklin to guard. That would improve the line. We were much better with Harris, Wiegman, and Hamilton a few years ago.

Krugan
11-05-2011, 08:04 AM
Pretty much think it would be pointless, considering the "lefty" isnt showing enough to warrant correcting that side.

Im sure he could do it though, although it would defeat the purpose, as this line is still trying to find where it belongs.

claymore
11-05-2011, 08:13 AM
Having them swap positions would magnify the problem. Clady isnt going to be much better swapping sides and learning a new position.

Franklin is still a rookie, learning a new position mid stream would be terrible.

Tebow doesent warrant the concern since he most likely isnt going to play QB for us next year.

You only swap RT to LT because opposing defenses are designed to attack the left side if... memory serves me right.

Nomad
11-05-2011, 08:18 AM
Pretty much think it would be pointless, considering the "lefty" isnt showing enough to warrant correcting that side.

Im sure he could do it though, although it would defeat the purpose, as this line is still trying to find where it belongs.

Good points Krug! As much as I want the kid to succeed (so the team could focus on other positions), at this point he's like climbing a slick, muddy, steep hill with bowling shoes on. Tebow's gonna have to make more than a major improvement for Fox and the FO not to focus on drafting a QB in 2012.

With all this said, the offensive line has been pretty bad as well.

Dzone
11-05-2011, 08:44 AM
Seems like a long time ago when Clady was being called the best OT in the game.

Dzone
11-05-2011, 08:46 AM
good points krug! As much as i want the kid to succeed (so the team could focus on other positions), at this point he's like climbing a slick, muddy, steep hill with bowling shoes on.
lmao!

MOtorboat
11-05-2011, 09:16 AM
Well, Cliff Avril is one of the best rushing left side defensive ends in the game. Most 4-3 teams aren't moving their best pass rusher to the other side of the formation just for one week to play Tebow, so it would probably magnify the situation even more.

There are only a few defenses that move their top pass rusher around. I'm thinking of DeMarcus Ware, and that's all I can think of at the moment.