PDA

View Full Version : what's the difference between fox...

msstate7
11-04-2011, 09:24 PM
And harbaugh? Jim harbaugh build his offensive system to fit what Alex smith does well. Fox tries to make his qb fit his system. Another difference is harbaugh has led his team 2 only 1 loss while no coach in the NFL has a worse record than our John fox. I wish tebow had an opportunity 2 play 4 a coach smart enough 2 help him not bash em in press conferences.

SoCalImport
11-04-2011, 09:28 PM
not a Broncos fan I take it.

MOtorboat
11-04-2011, 09:28 PM
I wish you could form intelligent sentences and use the proper spelling of "to." But, hey, we can't all get what we want.

I know you don't remember this, because you started following the NFL when Tebow came in, but McDaniels started 6-0.

msstate7
11-04-2011, 09:31 PM
I'm a broncos fan - sad as it is these days

MOtorboat
11-04-2011, 09:34 PM
Who knocked away the final pass by Favre in the first Broncos Championship?

msstate7
11-04-2011, 09:35 PM
I thought this was an NFL message board not a literary appreciation site. I do apologize.

msstate7
11-04-2011, 09:35 PM
John

msstate7
11-04-2011, 09:36 PM
John mobley that is. Sorry again

MOtorboat
11-04-2011, 09:38 PM
Congrats on your google search skills.

msstate7
11-04-2011, 09:42 PM
Whatever dude. Ive been broncos fan all my life. Suffered thru the 3 superbowl losses before that packers win. I know there was another loss but I was a baby in the cowboys loss.

MOtorboat
11-04-2011, 09:45 PM
I'll bet.

Fox sucks! Tebow rules!

msstate7
11-04-2011, 09:48 PM
No they both suck. Difference is fox is a veteran sucking. Tebow is a rookie at sucking. Tebow probably won't ever be good but with fox as his head coach it's a certainty.

BeefStew25
11-04-2011, 09:49 PM
Quit being a dik Mo.

MOtorboat
11-04-2011, 09:52 PM
Oh, sorry, beef.

Guys, we need to make every excuse we can for Tebow. Get in line.

Dzone
11-04-2011, 09:56 PM
I used to like Fox. Now he is the most annoying person in the franchise. How many years of this clown will we have to endure?

msstate7
11-04-2011, 10:49 PM
Not soon enough

SoCalImport
11-04-2011, 10:59 PM
And harbaugh? Jim harbaugh build his offensive system to fit what Alex smith does well. Fox tries to make his qb fit his system. Another difference is harbaugh has led his team 2 only 1 loss while no coach in the NFL has a worse record than our John fox. I wish tebow had an opportunity 2 play 4 a coach smart enough 2 help him not bash em in press conferences.

ok. msstate. I apologies for my kneejerk response to your thread. It did come across as another tebow apologist start-up though.

I doubt there's a Broncos fan out there that wouldn't have rather seen Harbaugh come to the Broncos instead of Fox but Fox is who we've got. It's starting to feel very much like a chicken vs. egg thing. What with the QB that needs a coach and the coach that needs a QB.

Denver Native (Carol)
11-04-2011, 11:02 PM
With the absolute MESS that Fox inherited, I really don't think it's fair to judge him after practically no training camp, and after 7 regular season games.

BroncoJoe
11-04-2011, 11:06 PM
With the absolute MESS that Fox inherited, I really don't think it's fair to judge him after practically no training camp, and after 7 regular season games.

That could be said about several things Broncos related.

Mobile Post via http://Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

battherastard
11-04-2011, 11:14 PM

While the defense and quarterback situation is a mess, I still believe that there is a solid core to build a team around. Insert Robert Griffin III or Landry Jones with Eric Decker, Eddie Royal, and DT and you have a good passing attack if you can keep the quarterback upright. One of my main concerns is at runningback, and while McGahee has been above average this season, I don't see him contributing next year. Couple that with Knowshon being nothing more than a receiving threat and you may need to spend an 2nd-3rd rounder on a back. That would be upsetting with the defensive and O-line help we desperately need.

dogfish
11-04-2011, 11:28 PM
the main difference between fox and harbaugh at this point is that harbaugh inherited a bunch of good young O-linemen and veteran D-linemen, and a stud running back. . . fox got jack shit to work with aside from champ and elvis-- and elvis has been hurt and ineffective all year. . .

red98
11-04-2011, 11:31 PM

Harbaugh did NOT build his offense around Smith. Harbaugh brought his offense with him from Stanford. He did draft a QB with the 36th pick in the draft (he got it in a trade with the Broncos) so I guess he wasn't yet sure that Smith was going to be his guy.

Tebow is getting a chance though I think he needs better QB coaching. Fox is probably here for 3 years minimum.

Maybe let the season play out before drawing conclusions.

:welcome:

bcbronc
11-04-2011, 11:33 PM
I agree with the OP. Replacing the DC each and every year hasn't gotten us anywhere...time to get serious! I give the HC two losses (c'ya Fox), and then it's time to kick him to the curb and find a new guy. I understand that's the standard operating procedure of most of the successful franchises in this league.

:mad:

sneakers
11-04-2011, 11:41 PM
I was hoping there would be a punchline someplace in this thread.

Watchthemiddle
11-04-2011, 11:51 PM
While the defense and quarterback situation is a mess, I still believe that there is a solid core to build a team around. Insert Robert Griffin III or Landry Jones with Eric Decker, Eddie Royal, and DT and you have a good passing attack if you can keep the quarterback upright. One of my main concerns is at runningback, and while McGahee has been above average this season, I don't see him contributing next year. Couple that with Knowshon being nothing more than a receiving threat and you may need to spend an 2nd-3rd rounder on a back. That would be upsetting with the defensive and O-line help we desperately need.

NO thanks...Jones is a stronger armed Orton...and Griffin the III is a faster Tebow.

Forget drafting a QB in the first round...we need this guy..pay close attention to the play at the .45 second mark. We need more defense...PERIOD. This guy brings the DEFENSIVE swagger we have severly lacked since Al Wilson

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KvcsffTQojI

silkamilkamonico
11-05-2011, 12:02 AM
NO thanks...Jones is a stronger armed Orton...and Griffin the III is a faster Tebow.

Forget drafting a QB in the first round...we need this guy..pay close attention to the play at the .45 second mark. We need more defense...PERIOD. This guy brings the DEFENSIVE swagger we have severly lacked since Al Wilson

You want a second, third, or possibly even 4th round draft pick starting QB for us next year?

Northman
11-05-2011, 12:05 AM

I like Burfict and wouldnt mind taking him. And i would mind taking the QB Osweiler in the 2nd or 3rd either. :D

silkamilkamonico
11-05-2011, 12:07 AM
I think Osweiler might fall to the 4th or even later. He does not move well at all in the pocket and his footwork is terrible. He is being compared to Jared Lorenzen out of Kentucky because of his footwork.

Northman
11-05-2011, 12:45 AM
I think Osweiler might fall to the 4th or even later. He does not move well at all in the pocket and his footwork is terrible. He is being compared to Jared Lorenzen out of Kentucky because of his footwork.

Probably, i havent seen too many sites yet projecting him too high. Footwork can be worked on but he's a big QB much like Big Ben for Pitt. When you have a guy that big he doesnt necessarily have to be fleet footed, just enough to move out of the way and shrug off defenders. But one other aspect that i liked was that he was ranked 11th in the nation vs Top 40 teams ahead of guys like Nick Foles and Kirk Cousins. My thinking is the guy could be a steal later in the draft.

chazoe60
11-05-2011, 01:02 AM
We actually lost 4 SBs before the first win.

But MO, stop with the fan police bullshit. We all are fans with different ways of going about it.

Lancane
11-05-2011, 05:02 AM
I like Burfict and wouldnt mind taking him. And i would mind taking the QB Osweiler in the 2nd or 3rd either. :D

Osweiler has been talking about returning to school and I think he's doing so to solidify his draft status. If he improves and has a great year then he'll be more then likely a late first round pick in 2013. The one quarterback to watch is Tyler Wilson of Arkansas, if he enters the draft he'll effect the draft, he's a first round graded quarterback but he could shift the whole picture. Nick Foles also has first round graded talent, but has a tendency to lock on to receivers and not make the correct reads or go through his progressions and it's those few little things that keep him from going in the first round.

I don't really care at this point whether it's Barkley, Jones, Griffin, T. Wilson, Foles or even Tannehill, Denver needs a franchise capable quarterback. If Fox and company had truly done their homework, there is no way Denver walks out of the 2011 NFL Draft without a quarterback, and sadly they could have taken Ryan Mallett in the third round. So now Denver is forced to focus on the position, unless they trade for someone in the off-season.

pipes
11-05-2011, 06:31 AM
the main difference between fox and harbaugh at this point is that harbaugh inherited a bunch of good young O-linemen and veteran D-linemen, and a stud running back. . . fox got jack shit to work with aside from champ and elvis-- and elvis has been hurt and ineffective all year. . .

Not true.

Prater and Colquitt are marvelous!

Krugan
11-05-2011, 08:27 AM
You want a second, third, or possibly even 4th round draft pick starting QB for us next year?

We have three that kinda fall into that mold now, why not make it four?

(this is an attempt at being semi funny, which I lack in)

battherastard
11-05-2011, 09:31 AM

Griffin actually has good mechanics and none of the baggage that Tebow has.

Dzone
11-05-2011, 09:47 AM
Fox is too used to losing. He seems too comfortable with it.

Denver Native (Carol)
11-05-2011, 11:09 AM
That could be said about several things Broncos related.

Mobile Post via http://Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

Not sure if you were referring to TT as being one of them, but if you are, I totally agree, along with Von, the rest of the draft choices, and the young players on the OL.

Tned
11-05-2011, 11:17 AM

Considering he posted the answer to your question ONE minute after you posted it AND posted something else during that minute, he either has REALLY good Google skills or you once again just made a dumb assumption and decided to attack a poster you disagreed with and showed your ass in the process.

Tned
11-05-2011, 11:54 AM
Oh, sorry, beef.

Guys, we need to make every excuse we can for Tebow. Get in line.

As Beef is a name, you really should consider capitalizing it. I know how important proper grammar on a message board is to you.

FanInAZ
11-05-2011, 01:03 PM
Who knocked away the final pass by Favre in the first Broncos Championship?

Actually Mo, I didn't know the answer to that question off the top of my head.

Tned
11-05-2011, 01:06 PM
Actually Mo, I didn't know the answer to that question off the top of my head.

Well, that clearly makes you an imposter. Not a real Broncos fan, but only a Tebowmaniac. :tsk: :tsk:

DenBronx
11-05-2011, 01:46 PM
I like John Fox, I really do but I'm not so sure if he's our answer for HC. One things for sure, I feel safer having him than us having McD as our HC.

But I do feel us not getting Harbaugh was not only cheap of the organization but a huge mistake. Him and his brother are fantastic HCs and one of them will win a SB soon.

turftoad
11-05-2011, 01:51 PM
I like John Fox, I really do but I'm not so sure if he's our answer for HC. One things for sure, I feel safer having him than us having McD as our HC.

But I do feel us not getting Harbaugh was not only cheap of the organization but a huge mistake. Him and his brother are fantastic HCs and one of them will win a SB soon.

I wonder if they have any brothers?? :shocked:

Lancane
11-05-2011, 01:56 PM

Unfortunately no, there are only two...however his son Jay is an undergraduate intern at Oregon State, so he'll be a coach in a few more years.

Ravage!!!
11-05-2011, 02:05 PM

The Broncos didn't have a shot at getting him. He was going to sign with San Fran, and only used Miami to get the priced raise, even though EVERYONE knew it!

Denver didn't have a shot at Harbaugh. Plus, Everyone thought McD was a really good coach after his 6-0 start. Lets not proclaim Harbaugh to be anything special...YET. I personally think he's a headcase.

DenBronx
11-05-2011, 02:05 PM

Maybe they have a sister? :laugh:

BeefStew25
11-06-2011, 12:48 AM
Mo you can still root for our shitty players.