PDA

View Full Version : Mortgage future picks?

SmilinAssasSin27
01-05-2009, 11:01 AM
I've never been a big proponent of trading future picks away, but I wanted to open up the discussion. A lot of folks here seem to either want Rey Maualuga or Taylor Mays. What if we could have both? Is this the year we trade away a future #1 to solidify the defense up the middle? An argument could be made that 2 of our biggest needs could be filled with 2 of the biggest potential impact players at those positions in the past couple of years. Not since Patrick Willis, has there beem a MLB w/ this much playmaking potential. And as far as Safeties go, Mays' measureables and potential may not have been seen since Polamalu or Reed.

And secondly, if we draft one of em at #12 and the other is still there, what does it cost us to get back in the mix?

Again, I'm not usually for trading the future, but could be an interesting discussion.

MOtorboat
01-05-2009, 11:07 AM
I've never been a big proponent of trading future picks away, but I wanted to open up the discussion. A lot of folks here seem to either want Rey Maualuga or Taylor Mays. What if we could have both? Is this the year we trade away a future #1 to solidify the defense up the middle? An argument could be made that 2 of our biggest needs could be filled with 2 of the biggest potential impact players at those positions in the past couple of years. Not since Patrick Willis, has there beem a MLB w/ this much playmaking potential. And as far as Safeties go, Mays' measureables and potential may not have been seen since Polamalu or Reed.

And secondly, if we draft one of em at #12 and the other is still there, what does it cost us to get back in the mix?

Again, I'm not usually for trading the future, but could be an interesting discussion.

I think there's an argument for it. I wouldn't. I think the latest examples of this have been the Browns trading up to get Quinn, and the Cowboys trading away their first rounder this year for Roy Williams.

Both haven't turned out so well yet.

Another example could be the Chiefs decision to trade Allen to the Vikings for another first round pick, and their defensive line was atrocious this year because of it, and Dorsey might be a bust.

underrated29
01-05-2009, 11:17 AM
i actually wouldnt mind depending on what we give up.

With next years schedule i think we will be picking roughly around #12 again. So getting rey and mays would be sick, but we would also lose out on a top notch #12 player in '10. So if we have to give up a 2nd or 3rd along with the #1 i say no.

However, if we can nab both and only caugh up a 1st, and two 4ths or something, i would be all for it.

SmilinAssasSin27
01-05-2009, 11:21 AM
Good call on the schedule. Although it's almost impossible to predict each year, on paper, ours looks to be brutal. Then again, we have the O...do these 2 guys and a new coach make the differernce for us?

Ziggy
01-05-2009, 11:28 AM

Actually Laron Laundry had the same kind of measurables and potential 2 years ago. A little bit smaller, but 6'1 215, ran a 4.35 40, 37.5" vertical, and a 10'3" long jump.

SmilinAssasSin27
01-05-2009, 11:29 AM
good call...i thought there was another, but Huff was the one that kept popping into my head.

Ziggy
01-05-2009, 11:36 AM
It's always risky trading away a future 1st. You never know where that pick could be, especially with a new head coach and new systems(more than likely), on both sides of the ball. It's looks like we'll have our pick of at least one of the following in the first: Rey-Rey, Mays, Laurenitis, and possibly even Curry. With our 2nd round pick, I think we might have a shot at Mack, who could be a franchise center. I know we need defense in the worst way, but if you can get a franchise guy on either side of the line, you have to do it.

broncofaninfla
01-05-2009, 11:48 AM
After watch USC against Penn state, I'm starting to have reservations about Ray M. Penn State was able to block him out of a lot of plays. I wasn't impressed at all with his inability to shed blockers. He also seemed a little slow when chasing people with the ball. No doubt he is a stud LB but I'm not sure if he is worthy of a #12 pick right now. I know I stand the chance of getting flamed for saying that but I litterally had my eyes glued on him for the whole game and I wasn't impressed. In fact I was more impressed with the outside LB's more than I was with him.

Requiem / The Dagda
01-05-2009, 11:49 AM
I would mortgage future picks to get more in this years draft because it is hands down the most epic in years.

studbucket
01-05-2009, 12:04 PM
After watch USC against Penn state, I'm starting to have reservations about Ray M. Penn State was able to block him out of a lot of plays. I wasn't impressed at all with his inability to shed blockers. He also seemed a little slow when chasing people with the ball. No doubt he is a stud LB but I'm not sure if he is worthy of a #12 pick right now. I know I stand the chance of getting flamed for saying that but I litterally had my eyes glued on him for the whole game and I wasn't impressed. In fact I was more impressed with the outside LB's more than I was with him.

Even if you don't like Rey Rey, I think the idea of getting a MLB and S or DT and S or MLB and DT in the first round is very appealing. Brandon Spikes could be somebody we get at 12 instead, though I love the idea of 2 college teammates coming together in Denver.

I am generally very wary of trading up, but I could see it possibly worthwhile in this case. Perhaps we trade Bly, DJ, or somebody to make this happen?

underrated29
01-05-2009, 12:09 PM
i would most likely do it i think, if we could keep our first 3 picks this year and next year atleast have a 2nd and early 4th or 3rd rd picks.

Then our draft could look anything like

1. rey
1b. mays
2. mack, dt,de,rb
3. dt,de,rb,wr/kr,olb

Our first 4 picks could be all defensive studs with a Primetime C in there as well.

Now that i remember that weigmann is going to hang them up and nails is most likely done for, we must get a C ( i dont trust lichetenstieger ) but we also need a S and LB and DT- we can get all 4 in one swoop fi we somehow make the trade.

broncofaninfla
01-05-2009, 12:11 PM
Even if you don't like Rey Rey, I think the idea of getting a MLB and S or DT and S or MLB and DT in the first round is very appealing. Brandon Spikes could be somebody we get at 12 instead, though I love the idea of 2 college teammates coming together in Denver.

I am generally very wary of trading up, but I could see it possibly worthwhile in this case. Perhaps we trade Bly, DJ, or somebody to make this happen?

I agree and I do like Ray, just not as sold as I once was. This draft seems to have it's best value in the second round this year or at least it does to me. Regardless I feel the Goodman's are going to make the right moves again this year and get us on the right direction defensivly too. :beer:

G_Money
01-05-2009, 12:20 PM
Because it’s a deep draft at positions we need, I’d actually trade down to get more picks, not trade future years to get more in this year’s.

If I can trade out of the #12 spot 5 or 6 spots, I’d do it. I wouldn’t trade down 12 spots or something unless the package was just unbearably good, but this isn’t the Willis-Or-Bust LB draft. And even that draft wasn’t. Ask Carolina how Beason’s working out, and Poz for Buffalo has some fans too.

There is no head-and-shoulders-better MLB. Curry’s the best OLB (or 3-4 MLB I guess, though I think he’d duke that out with Maualuga) and a great kid – he should be the first LB off the board. Maualuga looks like Jeremiah Trotter – great for the right defense, but not for every defense. Laurinaitis looks like Poz – really smart backer who takes the most advantage of his physical gifts, but not a freak. Spikes looks like the best mix of smarts and talent, who should be able to play in any scheme. ONE of those guys will be available if we still have a pick before 20.

Mays at safety IS a physical freak. And he might be the next Adam Archuleta, who can play the version of the cover 2 that USC runs but not a lot else. Mays may be an ultimate scheme player. That’s the concern about him, and it’s a concern I share. He’s not head and shoulders better as a safety than Chung has been, or than Moore was last year.

I don’t sell the farm to get a bunch of players with questions. People wanted to sell the farm to get Calvin Johnson, a player without questions. Eddie Royal is doing fine as a 2nd round pick, and when you see what the Goodmans have done with the picks we’ve had you should cringe at the thought of robbing them of the ability to add more great players through the draft by giving away their picks.

If you draft the RIGHT players you don’t have to move up, not in a draft that should be as flexible as this one for us. We’re not one NT away from a great defense again, as the Ravens were with Ngata. We don’t have to get The Guy. There are plenty of Guys in this draft who will fit the bill. Just add the right one and don’t overpay for him.

Drafting Ted Ginn in the first 15 picks is silly.

Drafting Patrick Willis isn’t.

Make sure we make the right calls with the picks we have, and I don’t see any reason we should need to mortgage the future to make this draft better.

~G

MOtorboat
01-05-2009, 12:38 PM
Does anyone think we can read into the fact that the Goodmans know the SEC and the southeast really well? I know we went with a kid from Boise State last year, but we landed two Virginia Tech Players and an Arkansas player. The year before, two from Florida, one from Texas, and then of course Cutler from Vanderbilt...

I dunno...just a thought. I would imagine that since that's not technically the Goodman's territory anymore, that might not apply anymore.

underrated29
01-05-2009, 01:23 PM
Does anyone think we can read into the fact that the Goodmans know the SEC and the southeast really well? I know we went with a kid from Boise State last year, but we landed two Virginia Tech Players and an Arkansas player. The year before, two from Florida, one from Texas, and then of course Cutler from Vanderbilt...

I dunno...just a thought. I would imagine that since that's not technically the Goodman's territory anymore, that might not apply anymore.

I dont follow college at all. So i have no clue who is in the sec acc and pet or whatever they are called.

so would you be willing to tell me, what you mean by this? I understand that if rey for example, is in the sec and thats not goodmans area then we might not pick him, but i dont know if he is or isnt and where goodman is or isnt an expert at.

lex
01-05-2009, 01:27 PM
Sorry, just kind of skimmed the thread. But a future 1 equates to a 2 this year. We'd need more ammo.

G_Money
01-05-2009, 01:44 PM
I dont follow college at all. So i have no clue who is in the sec acc and pet or whatever they are called.

so would you be willing to tell me, what you mean by this? I understand that if rey for example, is in the sec and thats not goodmans area then we might not pick him, but i dont know if he is or isnt and where goodman is or isnt an expert at.

SEC = South Eastern Conference. Florida, Georgia, Vanderbilt, South Carolina, Alabama, Arkansas, Auburn, etc.

That was where the Goodmans (at least one of them) were scouting before their promotions.

Maualuga and Mays play for Southern Cal, in the PAC-10 (ie, Pacific Coast or West Coast).

Other end of the country from where the Goodmans scouted. Doesn’t mean we won’t pick em, but Brandon Spikes, the linebacker for Florida, is an SEC guy for instance, so the Goodmans might be swayed to pick him since they might be more familiar with him.

Though honestly at the top end you get familiar with everyone.

It’s your later-round picks where biases like that show up. In baseball, for instance, you start taking players from your “home state” in later rounds because your scouts saw more of them. You draft out of the same smaller conference because you have good scouts in that conference. Stuff like that.

Goodman was stoked to be able to land Larsen in the late rounds last year because he loved him as a guy who would definitely make the team. We picked up Barrett as a late rounder and Woodyard as a UDFA. While I think it helps us that our scouts are familiar with the SEC I don’t think it biases us.

Nor did it help us in 2007 with Moss. I’m glad we seem perfectly willing to go with players from multiple conferences and that most of them have been successful. It makes me feel better about our scouts than I did 3 years ago. If it was just the SEC I would be terrified that all we have is The Goodman Show, and that’s never a good organizational blueprint.

~G

MOtorboat
01-05-2009, 01:56 PM

Sorry, I missed your post. I think G answered your questions.

I was just throwing it out there. I would expect that the Goodmans aren't all that familiar with the SEC (Southeastern Conference) anymore, since they've been scouting the whole country for a few years, but it still may be the "comfort zone" for them.

Requiem / The Dagda
01-05-2009, 02:59 PM
Goodman's have stated numerous times they have an affinity for SEC players because of how they produce in the NFL and that the atmosphere they play in on a weekly basis is comparable to the NFL level. Goodman interview on the Broncos site, it's somewhere.

G_Money
01-05-2009, 03:41 PM
Goodman's have stated numerous times they have an affinity for SEC players because of how they produce in the NFL and that the atmosphere they play in on a weekly basis is comparable to the NFL level. Goodman interview on the Broncos site, it's somewhere.

Okay, but we don't draft them at an especially high rate.

Certified Goodman Drafts:

Round Pick Player Pos School
1 11(11) Jay Cutler QB Vanderbilt
2 29(61) Tony Scheffler TE W Michigan

4 22(119) Brandon Marshall WR UCF

4 29(126) Elvis Dumervil OLB Louisville

4 33(130) Domenik Hixon WR Akron

5 28(161) Chris Kuper OG North Dakota

6 29(198) Greg Eslinger C Minnesota

2007:

Round Pick (Overall) Player Position School
1 17 (17) Jarvis Moss DE Florida

2 24 (56) Tim Crowder DE Texas

3 6 (70) Ryan Harris T Notre Dame

4 22 (121) Marcus Thomas DT Florida

2008:

Round Pick Player Position School
1 12 (12) Ryan Clady T Boise State

2 11 (42) Eddie Royal WR Virginia Tech

4 9 (108) Kory Lichtensteiger C Bowling Green

4 20 (119) Jack Williams CB Kent State

5 4 (139) Ryan Torain RB Arizona State

5 13 (148) Carlton Powell DT Virginia Tech

6 17 (183) Spencer Larsen OLB Arizona

7 13 (220) Josh Barrett S Arizona State

7 20 (227) Peyton Hillis FB Arkansas

What is that, 4 guys from the SEC in 3 years? We may like them, but we aren't killing ourselves drafting them.

And I like that we seem to be cherry-picking the best guys at the draftslot we have regardless of conference.

~G

broncofaninfla
01-05-2009, 03:58 PM
Okay, but we don't draft them at an especially high rate.

Certified Goodman Drafts:

Round Pick Player Pos School
1 11(11) Jay Cutler QB Vanderbilt
2 29(61) Tony Scheffler TE W Michigan

4 22(119) Brandon Marshall WR UCF

4 29(126) Elvis Dumervil OLB Louisville

4 33(130) Domenik Hixon WR Akron

5 28(161) Chris Kuper OG North Dakota

6 29(198) Greg Eslinger C Minnesota

2007:

Round Pick (Overall) Player Position School
1 17 (17) Jarvis Moss DE Florida

2 24 (56) Tim Crowder DE Texas

3 6 (70) Ryan Harris T Notre Dame

4 22 (121) Marcus Thomas DT Florida

2008:

Round Pick Player Position School
1 12 (12) Ryan Clady T Boise State

2 11 (42) Eddie Royal WR Virginia Tech

4 9 (108) Kory Lichtensteiger C Bowling Green

4 20 (119) Jack Williams CB Kent State

5 4 (139) Ryan Torain RB Arizona State

5 13 (148) Carlton Powell DT Virginia Tech

6 17 (183) Spencer Larsen OLB Arizona

7 13 (220) Josh Barrett S Arizona State

7 20 (227) Peyton Hillis FB Arkansas

What is that, 4 guys from the SEC in 3 years? We may like them, but we aren't killing ourselves drafting them.

And I like that we seem to be cherry-picking the best guys at the draftslot we have regardless of conference.

~G

WOW! Not only is every one of these guys still in the league but most have started at one time or another. With this years draft having so much talent on the defensive side of the ball I have high hopes the Goodmans can turn our defense around and quick. I'll be curious to see if a new DL coach can help Moss and Crowder out of their funk.

TXBRONC
01-05-2009, 09:47 PM
i actually wouldnt mind depending on what we give up.

With next years schedule i think we will be picking roughly around #12 again. So getting rey and mays would be sick, but we would also lose out on a top notch #12 player in '10. So if we have to give up a 2nd or 3rd along with the #1 i say no.

However, if we can nab both and only caugh up a 1st, and two 4ths or something, i would be all for it.

I think if we were try and get number one picks out of this draft we would be giving up this year's 2nd and 3rd rounders and problably next season's 1st, 2nd and 3rd round picks.

SmilinAssasSin27
01-05-2009, 09:59 PM
This is basically the reason I like the idea of trading back. W/ a few current players and a bunch of mid round picks, we have some flexibility. Cushing is being projected anywhare between 16 and 25. Tyson Jackson is in the 20-35 range. I think these 2 are less "spectacular", but also may be more solid. LaVar Arrington was a beast, but in the pros, the OCs coached around him. His physical tools were almost wasted. We CAN maneuver enough to get both of these guys w/o mortgaging the future or even the remainer of this draft. We can still get our Safety or RB in round 2. Would anyone really be upset if our day 1 consisted of Cushing, Jackson and Chung? That's an upgrade on each level of the D.

Spikes is the wild card. He is the least physically impressive of all the LBs w/ first round grades, but is the "jack of all trades" type who may end up being the best of the bunch. With Spikes, I think it'll be a beauty is in the eye of the beholder thing. He could go in the mid teens, but he could also drop out of round 1 since the lieks of Rey, JL, Curry and Cushing are all considered to be round 1 locks.

I just want a solid, tough, stout D. Even if it's just average to barely above average, I just want people to wonder if they can move the ball on us...not guarantee they can and laugh while doing it.

dogfish
01-09-2009, 07:42 PM
I think there's an argument for it. I wouldn't. I think the latest examples of this have been the Browns trading up to get Quinn, and the Cowboys trading away their first rounder this year for Roy Williams.

Another example could be the Chiefs decision to trade Allen to the Vikings for another first round pick, and their defensive line was atrocious this year because of it, and Dorsey might be a bust.

you forgot carolina trading back into the first to take otah, one of a few moves that have them back in serious super bowl contention. . . . ;)

they may not be down there scouting games in person anymore (though i don't know that for sure), but scouts who handle a certain region for a period of time also have a tendency to develop relationships with coaches-- i'd bet the goodmans still have some solid connections in the area. . . .

G makes some good points, and it IS nice to have that flexibility this year, for sure. . . but dream also has a valid point-- with potenially record-breaking numbers of talented juniors declaring this year in hopes of cashing in on that big guaranteed contract before a possible work shortage (or new CBA that changes the stupid rookie pay scale), this really would be the year to trade future picks for present if you want to do it. . . it's fair to say that this draft looks to have some decent variety at some of the positions where we need help, but there's no way for us to know if the goodmans and co. also feel that way. . . maybe to us, getting lauranitis may not be a big drop-off from spikes or maualuga, for example, but that's no guarantee that our scouting department sees it in that light. . . if there are specific guys that they want, guys that they think can be difference makers instead of solid contributors, i won't lose any sleep if they move aggressively to go get them. . . if anything, i think you can also look at it from a perspective that says our recent ability to produce quality players in the later rounds gives us a little more freedom to take a few chances . . .

Lonestar
01-09-2009, 09:58 PM
While having a Willis type at MLB would be great do we really have to have a super stud at every position.. If you look at the Giants defense and the DL in particular alot of that talent is not day one draft choices..

Something in the water up there ,good coaching, or they got a "Goodman" type pulling DL guys out of his hind pocket..

Lots of times it is the coaching that makes these kids great.. look at Hillis, woodyard for example overlooked by alot of folks and they have desire and love for the game..

BroncoAV06
01-10-2009, 04:41 PM
Must say G I agree with what you have said. As you can see by my Avatar Chung is a player that I have liked all season, solid saftey that has produced and flown under that radar a bit with Mays and Moore getting the looks as the top safties, Chung is a player that falls into round 2 but could move up into the late first but I still like the idea of say Spikes in round 1 and a player like Chung in round 2.

I don't like the idea of going all out this year, with a solid FA crop and what looks to be a decent draft overall the depth as we have seen is very valuble, just look at all the rookies we played this year. Add some solid vets and hopefully hit on a few good roks to the mix that is what everyone wants to get out of an offseason.

While having a Willis type at MLB would be great do we really have to have a super stud at every position.. If you look at the Giants defense and the DL in particular alot of that talent is not day one draft choices..

They actually are, Alford and Tuck 3rd round pick, (which was still Day 1 before the new format), Kiwanuka 1st round (32nd pick overall), Umenyiora2nd round (56th pick overall). But I am assuming you mean first rounders as an example?

Simple Jaded
01-10-2009, 04:58 PM
If I had three 1st round picks I still wouldn't take a Safety, that'd be THREE new Front Seven players, baby.......

Lonestar
01-10-2009, 06:50 PM
Must say G I agree with what you have said. As you can see by my Avatar Chung is a player that I have liked all season, solid saftey that has produced and flown under that radar a bit with Mays and Moore getting the looks as the top safties, Chung is a player that falls into round 2 but could move up into the late first but I still like the idea of say Spikes in round 1 and a player like Chung in round 2.

I don't like the idea of going all out this year, with a solid FA crop and what looks to be a decent draft overall the depth as we have seen is very valuble, just look at all the rookies we played this year. Add some solid vets and hopefully hit on a few good roks to the mix that is what everyone wants to get out of an offseason.

They actually are, Alford and Tuck 3rd round pick, (which was still Day 1 before the new format), Kiwanuka 1st round (32nd pick overall), Umenyiora2nd round (56th pick overall). But I am assuming you mean first rounders as an example?

I was talking in todays draft choice environment not wanting to blow a top 60 choice ..

Is not a wonder that NYG can make 3rd rounders into almost all pros' maybe we need to hire their scouting group..

PatricktheDookie
01-10-2009, 07:51 PM
Here's the great thing about Denver.

We have holes everywhere on defense. And I do emphasize EVERYWHERE!!!

So, we can sit tight on our draft positions knowing that someone who will be an improvement will be available. And if multiple players are available, we can even move down and grab some extra picks.

We need talent and we need new players to run a different scheme. This draft is all about quantity on defense.

PatricktheDookie
01-10-2009, 07:56 PM
you forgot carolina trading back into the first to take otah, one of a few moves that have them back in serious super bowl contention. . . . ;)

they may not be down there scouting games in person anymore (though i don't know that for sure), but scouts who handle a certain region for a period of time also have a tendency to develop relationships with coaches-- i'd bet the goodmans still have some solid connections in the area. . . .

G makes some good points, and it IS nice to have that flexibility this year, for sure. . . but dream also has a valid point-- with potenially record-breaking numbers of talented juniors declaring this year in hopes of cashing in on that big guaranteed contract before a possible work shortage (or new CBA that changes the stupid rookie pay scale), this really would be the year to trade future picks for present if you want to do it. . . it's fair to say that this draft looks to have some decent variety at some of the positions where we need help, but there's no way for us to know if the goodmans and co. also feel that way. . . maybe to us, getting lauranitis may not be a big drop-off from spikes or maualuga, for example, but that's no guarantee that our scouting department sees it in that light. . . if there are specific guys that they want, guys that they think can be difference makers instead of solid contributors, i won't lose any sleep if they move aggressively to go get them. . . if anything, i think you can also look at it from a perspective that says our recent ability to produce quality players in the later rounds gives us a little more freedom to take a few chances . . .

If other teams are thinking the same thing, you might be able to strike some *really* good deals too for future picks. It's all about supply and demand.

If a 2nd can be traded for a 1st next year, you gotta do it.

elsid13
01-10-2009, 08:12 PM

They also have contacts with the PAC-10 (Larson, Barrett, Torain). So I wouldn't say it one area.

But to this question, I rather not give up future picks for 1st rounders unless they are sure things. This is very deep draft and I rather trade down pick up Raji in the first and get extra 3rd and 4th. Because there are number of players I think will be sitting in those rounds I think will be really really good.

WARHORSE
01-10-2009, 08:28 PM
I agree with GMoney for the most part.

As well as alot of other comments on here.

Id be a proponent of trading down in this draft, and even using next years number one or two or both to get more in the draft.

There are a NUMBER of defensive players in this draft, and as far as safety and LB go, its DEEP. Its the defensive line that needs help first, and Id love to draft three DLs, whether DE or DT. We simply need to get more out of those positions. There are some LBers and Safeties that will be more than adequate in rounds two and three.

I like DE Everett Brown, and Orakpo, as well as Curry. Im started to fray at the edges with Mauluga cause his character concerns me, and Im no longer a Laurinitis to Denver supporter at all.

Although I like Taylor Mays, he may make a solid hit now and again, but I dont see him breaking down in space, and that is DEFINITELY going to be exposed in the next level if he cant get better.

Trade down, get more picks, and draft the best defensive player on the board no matter position.

If we HAVE to pick at 12, I dont care if its Beanie Wells, cause I want the best player available when drafting that high.

There also are going to be some nice QBs after the first round with high upside, I dont feel good about going in with Ramsey and the other guy..........whats his name again?

Potentially, a guy like Harrelson could end up garnering a first rounder in another year or so after some development by Josh and the boyz.

BroncoAV06
01-10-2009, 09:05 PM
I love Orakpo but just don't see him being an end in a 4-3, he stood up alot at Texans and they play a 4-3, just seems to be the perfect fit for a 3-4. Brown is a guy I am going to watch heading towards the draft. At the moment it all seems but a lock Curry is going in the top 10.

At 12 we should have plenty of options. Good topic but it is still way to early to make any judgements IMO on what will happen with the draft, given he still have to hire a HC and GM, and I want to get a look at the upcoming FA class as well.

Man Senior Bowl is already right around the corner!

omac
01-10-2009, 10:57 PM
I wonder if need and value don't coincide and we aren't able to move up or down, will we over-reach for a need, or take value at a position that isn't of great need.

Scarface
01-11-2009, 12:26 AM

Carolina taking Stewart and then trading up to take Otah was one that came to mind. Even though that didn't really help matters for them tonight it paid off over the course of the season.

Lonestar
01-11-2009, 12:29 AM
Carolina taking Stewart and then trading up to take Otah was one that came to mind. Even though that didn't really help matters for them tonight it paid off over the course of the season.

was not stewart or otah that cost that game..

UnderArmour
01-11-2009, 12:30 AM
was not stewart or otah that cost that game..

I don't get why that idiot coaching staff only ran the ball -NINE- times in the first half...

Lonestar
01-11-2009, 12:34 AM
I don't get why that idiot coaching staff only ran the ball -NINE- times in the first half...

I just watched the hilites did not get to see the game:

mostly Jake throwing PICKS.. Could have been part of the reason they lost and were behind.. Then of course had they ran the ball Jake would not have trown it away so much..

omac
01-11-2009, 12:45 AM

Yeah, you gotta go with what brought you there.